NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 19

Krump
    Krump

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 19 - Page 46 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 19

Post by Krump Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:40 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:

I see no reason why M'bye can't keep it up. I think J-Rey is taking a lighter role is starting to go missing in games (or just being outshone completely) That's not a bad thing if their winning games why would the coach change it?

Milford.. Wow is all I can say. Can't believe that people were criticizing the length he was 'tried' in the halves last year and should be thrown back to fullback. People were actually saying it was a failed experiment?? I am sure no one will admit to that now. He is just on another level I can only see him getting better but I think will have more quiet games that M'bye would due to the kicking and goals that he has over Milf
    Locky at 5/8 was getting knocked by everyone early on as well.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 19 - Page 46 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 19

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:42 am

Archer wrote:Ok, in the interest of spicing things up (and because I'm thinking of taking another risk and looking for inspiration). What's one POD you have been tempted to try but backed out on due to risk (I won't say chickened out... Chicken)?

No need to give away some super secret POD you are sure on and are grabbing this week or next, just a 'hell if I had nothing to lose' kind of suggestion.

not quite in the bracket you are talking about but i was going to start the year with Gillet. No one said a word about him pre-season, though he's had a bit of talk lately. off contract year for him and i thought he could average 60, playing close to 80 mins. currently averaging 57 and i'm kicking myself a little, as it would have been merrin he took the place of in my team.

Last edited by my tv broke on Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:43 am

Krump wrote:
    Locky at 5/8 was getting knocked by everyone early on as well.

IIRC people were calling for his head after his first game at fullback for Australia.
    Spuddies
    Spuddies

Post by Spuddies Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:44 am

Welshy wrote:fuck it

DCE - Norman
    Henry - Dugan

Even though Mann has was underwhelming at FB, he's meant to return rd 6. It's unlikely he's going to go back to FB but it's a possibility to consider before trading in Dugan. I'm going to wait a week and see what happens...
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:45 am

my tv broke wrote:

not quite in the bracket you are talking about but i was going to start the year with Gillet. No one said a word about him pre-season, though he's had a bit of talk lately. off contract year for him and i thought he could average 60, playing close to 80 mins. currently averaging 57 and i'm kicking myself a little.

has always played 80 minutes anyway hasn't he? and also been capable of a big score, a POD keeper below the elite tier over the season I reckon
    Spuddies
    Spuddies

Post by Spuddies Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:49 am

I've got too many red dots in my team - Leuluai, bhana, green, feeney and Peats! I feel like I'm missing opportunities to make cash in the early rounds but can't see any stand out options except for Green - Hunt.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:51 am

Welshy wrote:

has always played 80 minutes anyway hasn't he? and also been capable of a big score, a POD keeper below the elite tier over the season I reckon

yeah. very close to it. he avg'd 76 mins last year.

i just thought he could take it up a level from last year scoring wise, i guess. remains to be seen if he can maintain his current avg.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:57 am

No trades again. 30 left. Running with this;

Smith, Friend
    Burgess, Lawrence, Evans
    Parker, Mannering, Taupau, Saifiti
    Mbye, Hastings, Taylor
    Hunt, Lawrence
    Tedesco, Barba, Mitchell

Taylor will make his mark this week. Peeps trading out Smith for first year flukes are nuts.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:59 am

Spuddies wrote:I've got too many red dots in my team - Leuluai, bhana, green, feeney and Peats! I feel like I'm missing opportunities to make cash in the early rounds but can't see any stand out options except for Green - Hunt.
    I wouldn't be worried about Peats but there are too many there who won't be back. Get Bowen in for Feeney or green.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:59 am

my tv broke wrote:

not quite in the bracket you are talking about but i was going to start the year with Gillet. No one said a word about him pre-season, though he's had a bit of talk lately. off contract year for him and i thought he could average 60, playing close to 80 mins. currently averaging 57 and i'm kicking myself a little, as it would have been merrin he took the place of in my team.

Gillett was my super secret Rd 1 POD - pretty much the only thing I got right
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:03 am

Rabbit wrote:No trades again. 30 left. Running with this;

Smith, Friend
    Burgess, Lawrence, Evans
    Mbye, Hastings, Taylor
    Hunt, Lawrence
    Tedesco, Barba, Mitchell

Taylor will make his mark this week. Peeps trading out Smith for first year flukes are nuts.

That's a solid team with 30 trades left (especially with Surgess and Taupau back)
    Spuddies
    Spuddies

Post by Spuddies Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:06 am

Can someone talk some sense into me???

I've held Peats since he's rd 2 injury hoping it would be back in 3 weeks max. I'm already regretting not making the jump over to Parcell who looks to have solidified the hooker position and has been scoring well and making a ton of cash.

The eels site from yesterday is saying Peats still has another 1-3 weeks before he returns. http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2016/03/30/eels_injury_and_unav.html

So, should I continue holding peats and continue to miss out on solid scores and massive Parcell price rises or should I jump over to Parcell??? I leaning towards trading.

Team currently is:

Smith, Peats
    Graham, McGuire, Trbo
    Surgess, Whitehead, Merrin (JSaifiti, Carter)
    Walker, Hastings (Jnik, Taylor)
    Gutherson, Clawrence (Au'vaa)
    Barba, Gordan, RTS (Mitchell)

125k in the bank
    Spuddies
    Spuddies

Post by Spuddies Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:09 am

Krump wrote:
    I wouldn't be worried about Peats but there are too many there who won't be back. Get Bowen in for Feeney or green.

Cheers.

Peats is separate worry - I just made a post above about him!

I haven't consider bowen yet. Not a bad idea - thanks.
    Spuddies
    Spuddies

Post by Spuddies Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:18 am

Krump wrote:

Linnett's only meant to be gone for 3-5 rounds. I don't know if it's worth using up a trade for a few prices rises. It's too hard to tell if he'd even get a run over the origin period.
    Spuddies
    Spuddies

Post by Spuddies Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:20 am

Rabbit wrote:No trades again. 30 left. Running with this;

Smith, Friend
    Burgess, Lawrence, Evans
    Mbye, Hastings, Taylor
    Hunt, Lawrence
    Tedesco, Barba, Mitchell

That team does look good for 30 trades. What's your plan for Evans?
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:24 am

Just realised there is a game tonight. I'm going to have to log in and look at my team

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:30 am

Welshy wrote:fuck it

DCE - Norman
    Henry - Dugan

Even though I highly support your decision to forego BLaw and concentrate on backs, I want to distance myself from any blame for those particular trades. Corey Norman? affraid

Pretty leery of Dugan too, dude looks like he's gonna break in half every tackle. He was a gun in the (fantasy) CE position last year though, so it's hard to argue with his price now. Even if Teddy gets FB duties for origin, I think Dugan can still find his way into the team though.

Roger T's where the biscuits are at imo.

Last edited by Sir William T. Winfield on Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    CubanMafiaSandSlugs
    CubanMafiaSandSlugs

Post by CubanMafiaSandSlugs Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:31 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:I see no reason why M'bye can't keep it up. I think J-Rey is taking a lighter role is starting to go missing in games (or just being outshone completely) That's not a bad thing if their winning games why would the coach change it?

Milford.. Wow is all I can say. Can't believe that people were criticizing the length he was 'tried' in the halves last year and should be thrown back to fullback. People were actually saying it was a failed experiment?? I am sure no one will admit to that now. He is just on another level I can only see him getting better but I think will have more quiet games that M'bye would due to the kicking and goals that he has over Milf

Actually, I will be and have been the first to throw my hand up and say I was one of the many calling for Milf to be put back to fullback where he could chime in when he wanted and show his qualities. Hence why I am not an NRL coach.

Alot of people writing Dylan Walker off this year, but I'm not saying a word. Especially given how quickly Walker is improving. I've learned my lesson. Very Happy
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:34 am

Team

Hodgson Peats
    Fifita Paulo Evans Gavet
    Surgess Mataora Cartwright Graham Rochow Safiti
    Walker Hastings Taylor JNik
    Aubbs Hunt PatMat Henry
    Barba Gordon Mitchell Gutherson Copely

30 trades and 89k left

any ideas? Evans to Dugan? Gavet to Lawrence? Copely to Bowen? No trades?
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:35 am

29 trades & 10k in hand - putting the (c) on Tapau this week. Manly on a short week, I think he'l; be busy with his (relatively) fresh legs from a week off.

Garvey - KNik
    Woods - Graham - JTurbo - Lawrence
    Tapau - Fensom - Merrin - Rochow - Carter - Safiti
    Johnson - Hastings - Taylor JNik
    Aubs - BJ - Auvaa - Bhenry
    Barba - Hymel - Tedesco - Feeney - Mitchell

Anybody see any trades I should make that Im too blind to see? Whose the hooker to target when Garvey gets dropped for Lichaa?

When will Carter peak in price?

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:30 pm