NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 17

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 17 - Page 44 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 17

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:18 pm

Chucky wrote:
    Well I'm not from Queensland so reading usually isn't something I have trouble with.
    She looks smoother than Greenbergs head.
    So you missed the part where I said I was tired. So people from NSW cant read or count Laughing
    charliemurphy
    charliemurphy

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 17 - Page 44 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 17

Post by charliemurphy Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:19 pm

Beast From The Big East wrote:Is it wise to trade in Blaw for gavet this week? I'm not sure on if I will be using two trades or not next week, but with the injuries so far this season I'm thinking it might be better to make the trade this week as it means I won't have to limit myself to just one other next week.

Or is it too risky given an injury to Blaw or one which helps Gavet happens in the next two weeks would make it a completely dud trade

Id be getting Gavet out ASAP. Don't let him end up sitting on the pine all year.
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:23 pm

Bren wrote:
    So you missed the part where I said I was tired. So people from NSW cant read or count Laughing
    I thought Inglis was from Queensland, just like Adrian Lam....this could go on forever.
    Someone should make a song about it.
    EvenSteeden
    EvenSteeden

Post by EvenSteeden Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:25 pm

Beast From The Big East wrote:Is it wise to trade in Blaw for gavet this week? I'm not sure on if I will be using two trades or not next week, but with the injuries so far this season I'm thinking it might be better to make the trade this week as it means I won't have to limit myself to just one other next week.

Or is it too risky given an injury to Blaw or one which helps Gavet happens in the next two weeks would make it a completely dud trade

Hard to say which way to go - being proactive can benefit (esp if a cheapie emerges next week or your guns get injured) but there's no telling if Blaw will stay healthy during the week like you mentioned...or if there's a better option or Manly destroys the Roosters and Barrett keeps the same props for next week.

Will say that Gavet is a dud. The rotation is Matulino, Lillyman then Lisone, Vete & Gubb...........then Gavet.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:26 pm

Chucky wrote:
    I thought Inglis was from Queensland, just like Adrian Lam....this could go on forever.
    Someone should make a song about it.
    Geography has never been a strong point for people born in NSW either Laughing
    charliemurphy
    charliemurphy

Post by charliemurphy Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:26 pm

On that note, its interesting how many of us end up leaving failed cash cows or long term injuries on the pine all year because of "bigger fish"

O'Brien, Gavet (2015), Palavi, Chee Kam, Moga, Everingham.. just to name a few.

Yes, the might not be losing cash, but they're also not making any cash and I know we are all guilty of running with at least one of those players for 24+ rounds in years gone by.

I already have 2 NPRs in Feeney and C. Mata'utia that Im waiting to offload, hopefully a cow will pop up (Bevan French pls) and Ill fix that issue.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:30 pm

I know i'll be keeping Feeney all year dammit
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:31 pm

Bren wrote:
    Geography has never been a strong point for people born in NSW either Laughing
    I've actually played footy at Bowraville. 
    Was a few years ago now, but you could stand underneath the goal posts at one end, and not be able to see the crossbar at the other end.
    But it was definitely in NSW, and still is.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:40 pm

Chucky wrote:
    I've actually played footy at Bowraville. 
    Was a few years ago now, but you could stand underneath the goal posts at one end, and not be able to see the crossbar at the other end.
    But it was definitely in NSW, and still is.
    Used to run cross country there for district when I was a young lad. NSW side of the border was fields of cow shit.
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:41 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:I know i'll be keeping Feeney all year dammit
    Someone will show up. WFB has more potential cash cows than any other position.
    charliemurphy
    charliemurphy

Post by charliemurphy Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:42 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:I know i'll be keeping Feeney all year dammit

Dud of the year. Id say Ill end up keeping him as well.
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:44 pm

Bren wrote:
    Used to run cross country there for district when I was a young lad. NSW side of the border was fields of cow shit.
    Bowraville is a long way to travel from Queensland.
    Where did you go to school?
    Bellingen was where I did district cross country.
    I went to school in Coffs Harbour.
    You are correct, they literally were fields of cow shit.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:49 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Cheers guys, thanks for that! I'll wait and see what happens with Surgess before I make my trades.

Not sure if the other lads also covered this, but if it involves a DPP switch then the player switching has to have NOT played as well I believe.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:51 pm

Chucky wrote:
    Bowraville is a long way to travel from Queensland.
    Where did you go to school?
    Bellingen was where I did district cross country.
    I went to school in Coffs Harbour.
    You are correct, they literally were fields of cow shit.
    Grew up in Coffs also. Maybe living in NSW has diminished my memory and it was Bellingen. I recall you had to jump a creek near the start of the course then up a hill then back down to the bottom followed by fields of cow shit.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:53 pm

EvenSteeden wrote:

Hard to say which way to go - being proactive can benefit (esp if a cheapie emerges next week or your guns get injured) but there's no telling if Blaw will stay healthy during the week like you mentioned...or if there's a better option or Manly destroys the Roosters and Barrett keeps the same props for next week.

Will say that Gavet is a dud. The rotation is Matulino, Lillyman then Lisone, Vete & Gubb...........then Gavet.

Weird thing is that IRL Gavet played pretty well the first two weeks - certainly better than a few high-profile Warriors. Then last week he gives away a penalty that was never a penalty and Cappy hooks him, and now he seems to have decided that he's the fall guy for no real reason. When Cappy's sacked in a couple of weeks time then Gavet should be back in the mix.
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:54 pm

Bren wrote:
    Grew up in Coffs also. Maybe living in NSW has diminished my memory and it was Bellingen. I recall you had to jump a creek near the start of the course then up a hill then back down to the bottom followed by fields of cow shit.
    My memory isn't that good.
    Only remember that it was at the local school.

Last edited by Chucky on Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    GoingNuts
    GoingNuts

Post by GoingNuts Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:55 pm

For those hoping (including me) that Burgess will be a surprise starter...

Coach Michael Maguire said Burgess was zero chance of lining up in the Good Friday blockbuster against 2014 grand final opponents Canterbury, with Thursday week's clash against the Sea Eagles the target after he was cleared of any damage to his neck.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rugby-league/burgess-expected-back-within-a-week/ar-BBqNyP9?li=AAgg0Zv&ocid=mailsignout
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:02 pm

I think the whole "duty of care" thing will prevent burgess from playing this week
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:02 pm

Mearcats wrote:

Obviously you're working to a plan within regards to eventually upgrading your 4 rookie halves to guns yeah? I'm really liking the strength in the FRF and 2RF so not sure why you would need to bring more guys in like Mannering, Ma'u and Gillett. Not that those guys aren't worth getting, especially Gillett, really loving that pick! You'll clearly need to bolster with another one or two guns but is that more of a pressing issue than the rest?

Personally I'd be working on milking the cows you have in the positions that need improvement before I went rushing into those guys but then, that depends on how much more longevity you think you'll get out of those guys.
    Yeah looks like i am trading this week. Have the cash to do LAM to Gillett straight.

After that what's the.next best move? Ctr?  Frf?

The halves aren't ripe yet.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:06 pm

How many Origin players does everyone have already?

I have Smith and potentially Tedesco. I am going to try and not go for gun origin players like I do every year. I remember last year by origin 1 I had 8

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:33 pm