NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 17

standard-issue
    standard-issue

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 17 - Page 28 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 17

Post by standard-issue Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:10 pm

BroncHose wrote:How bad was BLaws offence?

I'm banking on he and Tapau making way for L Brown to start? What do you think the odds are?

Watched the game but didn't see what he did. As I write this looks like Fernando has given a summary.
    Krump
    Krump

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 17 - Page 28 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 17

Post by Krump Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:10 pm

90% of people are deadset going silly on this thread.
    It may have been a strange start to the year but the principles are still the same. Don't trade sideways, buy keepers cheap and sell cows high.
    The same people who are trading out proven guns/keepers are talking about bringing in other guns who've bottomed out.The ones your trading out are in the same position cash wise as the ones your bringing in except they aren't in your team so it's not doing your head in.
    If you keep trading sideways and pissing trades into the wind your bad rank now will be no better by seasons end. If your so unsure about your trades that you have to post the same ones on here 4 times before Thursday's game then just hold the bloody things, it's a 26 week comp and we only have 34 trades.
    Rant
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:12 pm

With Carter out and Surgess

Turner should rack up some points this weekend

Here's hoping Beer
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:13 pm

SI wrote:

Do you get to wait till the Roosters final team is announced before making your decision?

Yes. But now I'm having a change of heart about that plan anyway. Thinking Gavet to Blaw will happen either this or next week and I will be short on that next week if I bring in Dugan next as well. Really want RTS but it means leaving one of Gordon, Barba or Mitchell as only a Reserve option each week, plus it doesn't really solve my centre issues.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:13 pm

Krump wrote:90% of people are deadset going silly on this thread.
    It may have been a strange start to the year but the principles are still the same. Don't trade sideways, buy keepers cheap and sell cows high.
    The same people who are trading out proven guns/keepers are talking about bringing in other guns who've bottomed out.The ones your trading out are in the same position cash wise as the ones your bringing in except they aren't in your team so it's not doing your head in.
    If you keep trading sideways and pissing trades into the wind your bad rank now will be no better by seasons end. If your so unsure about your trades that you have to post the same ones on here 4 times before Thursday's game then just hold the bloody things, it's a 26 week comp and we only have 34 trades.
    Rant

I'm fed up of you giving the same sane advise all the time...

Razz
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:16 pm

You've inspired me Krump. Smith to Friend and Parker to Mannering it is!
    Ps: YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:18 pm

Chewie wrote:We all know the top cows... but here are the biggest losers (400k+ players  gun ) so far:

1. RTS -90k
    2. Dugan -81k
    3. Elijah T -59k
    4. Mooper -57k
    5. Ennis -55k
    6. Macca -49k
    7. Semitrailer -47k
    8. CP13 -43k
    9. Bunt -41k
    10. Fensom -40k

-proudly brought to you by Wookie enterprises-

lol!

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:22 pm

Loomer wrote:I have so many dud cows and sold Jaifiti instead of Bhana( although he apparently due back in 2 weeks) I need to make an early punt on some train leaving cows even if they backfire

Then go for it mate. He could play every game here on in and be 400k+ by season's end. What's Hook's history with loyalty to incumbents, any Broncs fans remember?
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:23 pm

I really thought Parker would have lost more than 43k but I never bothered looking since he's a bloody keeper and should never be traded out.
    Sorry guys but my conscience couldn't handle not trying to talk sense into you Very Happy
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:26 pm

Archer wrote:You've inspired me Krump. Smith to Friend and Parker to Mannering it is!
    Ps: YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD!

Lol
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:28 pm

so this week with Taupau and Surgess out...currently no trades

Smith, Garvey
    Woods, JTurbo (c),Surgess, Welch
    Cartwright, Rochow, Turner, Merrin, Saifiti, Taupau
    DCE, Hastings, Taylor, JNiko
    Aubbs, Gutherson, Henry, Green
    Gordon, Barba, Mitchell, Scott, Feeney

should I get some of the deadwood out?

Welch - BLaw? (get JNikos AE)
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:29 pm

Krump wrote:I really thought Parker would have lost more than 43k but I never bothered looking since he's a bloody keeper and should never be traded out.
    Sorry guys but my conscience couldn't handle not trying to talk sense into you Very Happy

It's okay, you used the on-a-rant emoticon Smile
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:31 pm

Welshy wrote:so this week with Taupau and Surgess out...currently no trades

Smith, Garvey

If I was dumping the deadwood I'd try to find a way to do something with those centres or wingers via dpp, your forwards are solid.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:32 pm

I'm doing well this year, I haven't checked a BE yet. Some of my players have made money, some have lost money, but I don't know which. What I do know is so far there are only 2 types of trades you should have made:
    1. Dud cows for cows you may have missed
    2. Injury

and in that order. At least that's PGS said and it was the same the year before. So put your PPM's away and get the basics right, next couple of weeks upgrade, then the weeks after that bye plan, do your best in the middle taking the good with the bad and then finalise as early as you can after the bye rounds.

Simple.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:34 pm

Welshy wrote:so this week with Taupau and Surgess out...currently no trades

Smith, Garvey

I tell you what you should get. Some fucking LAM and Whitehead into you Razz
    Ok... maybe not LAM.

Seriously though, looks ok. I'm not a fan of Aubbs as you know, however I can see why you would hold off trades. You should get a pretty decent score without them so if there isn't any cows/guns tickling your pickle, staying put make sense. Looking futher ahead though, is there someone you are contemplating dropping next week? I just say this as devils advocate really, sometimes you think I'll stay put this week and get rid of them next week... Nek Minute 4 injuries and that guys sticks around like a bad smell for a month.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:41 pm

Krump wrote:
    If I was dumping the deadwood I'd try to find a way to do something with those centres or wingers via dpp, your forwards are solid.

Archer wrote:
    I tell you what you should get. Some fucking LAM and Whitehead into you Razz
    Ok... maybe not LAM.

Seriously though, looks ok. I'm not a fan of Aubbs as you know, however I can see why you would hold off trades. You should get a pretty decent score without them so if there isn't any cows/guns tickling your pickle, staying put make sense. Looking futher ahead though, is there someone you are contemplating dropping next week? I just say this as devils advocate really, sometimes you think I'll stay put this week and get rid of them next week... Nek Minute 4 injuries and that guys sticks around like a bad smell for a month.

Yeah I don't like all the dots in the ctrs and wfb, I have $105,000 in the kitty but nothing really stands out i could downgrade a forward and get a gun ctr alongside Aubbs that way if Mitchell drops then i can switch gutherson into the wfb as cover?
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:43 pm

Your Name wrote:I'm doing well this year, I haven't checked a BE yet. Some of my players have made money, some have lost money, but I don't know which. What I do know is so far there are only 2 types of trades you should have made:
    1. Dud cows for cows you may have missed
    2. Injury

and in that order. At least that's PGS said and it was the same the year before. So put your PPM's away and get the basics right, next couple of weeks upgrade, then the weeks after that bye plan, do your best in the middle taking the good with the bad and then finalise as early as you can after the bye rounds.

Simple.
    Here here. That's the same advice from a fantasy winner(pgc) and a bloke who looks at his team once a week and will still finish higher than over half the people on here.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:48 pm

@Welshy

Hymel Hunt not tempting still even at 250k? DPP and scores of 41, 48 and 42. I'm kicking myself for not starting with him, but he's looking like a must have.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:50 pm

Krump wrote:
    Here here. That's the same advice from a fantasy winner(pgc) and a bloke who looks at his team once a week and will still finish higher than over half the people on here.

I said PGS but yep ment pgc. It's his philosophy I'm going with. I've got 23 (Carter dependent) on the books this week. Only made 1 trade last week, have made 1 this week and other than weak halves - I really like my side
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:52 pm

Welshy wrote:

Yeah I don't like all the dots in the ctrs and wfb, I have $105,000 in the kitty but nothing really stands out i could downgrade a forward and get a gun ctr alongside Aubbs that way if Mitchell drops then i can switch gutherson into the wfb as cover?

Your in a pickle mate but on paper you'll put up a competitive score this week, I'd be tempted to hold the trades and see what happens. It all depends how far behind first you are and how close you think you can realistically get to them.
    I'm well out of the running for overall now so my plan is to be a little more circumspect with my trades than the people chasing thinking that they're still in it. When they run out of trades I'll be storming home for a respectable top 500 finish.

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:54 pm