NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 17

Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 17 - Page 26 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 17

Post by Johnny B Goode Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:48 pm

Beast From The Big East wrote:

If Mitchell plays like he is named to then I don't see a reason not to drop Aubs if you would rather have Roberts than him. Don't see the appeal of someone like Hunt as a scorer over Mitchell so would just do a straight downgrade from Aubs and utilize the money

Cheers for the advice. I bought Aubs because I thought he'd average around 40 in the back-row and I'd trade him out when Cordner comes back but it hasn't eventuated. Roberts I bought as a season long investment, he'll start scoring some tries soon and getting some good scores.
    The spare cash helps me with future trades like getting Garvey out for Peats and upgrading one of my cash cow halves.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 17 - Page 26 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 17

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:51 pm

Well that was bloody unhelpful wasn't it.

Team for this week 'hopefully' will be

Smith (c), JNik
    Woods, Grant, Evans, BLaw
    Whitehead, Guerra, Cartwright, LAM, JSaifiti, Surgess
    DCE, Walker, Hastings, Taylor
    Aubbs, Gutherson, Scott, Littlejohn
    Fergs, Barba, Mitchell, Feeney, Mann

Thinking I will look at going Fergs and LAM for Gordon and Rochow and 135k

Thoughts? Or do I really need to be looking at Parcell and TMM if possible?
    Sashamaloo
    Sashamaloo

Post by Sashamaloo Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:52 pm

GreenMachine wrote:

Teams should come out Thu morning and clubs/coaches be held to at least the 17 named with doctors cert required on any late withdrawal.

That is a combination of Prem League (squad fixed 1hr before kickoff) and Horse Racing (where vet cert is required for late scratching)

I would prefer the teams to be named Wednesday night, squads of 20 named, and for every player that the coach names in team 1 hour before kickoff that was not named Wednesday $1000 dollars must be donated to charity by the club.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:54 pm

Johnny B Goode wrote:

Cheers for the advice. I bought Aubs because I thought he'd average around 40 in the back-row and I'd trade him out when Cordner comes back but it hasn't eventuated. Roberts I bought as a season long investment, he'll start scoring some tries soon and getting some good scores.  
    The spare cash helps me with future trades like getting Garvey out for Peats and upgrading one of my cash cow halves.

good play then as it gets rid of an underperformer, gets a solid scorer into your side and gives you the cash that you can use down the track for necessary upgrades. I'm trying to take a bit more of a long term view this year as the start so far has been less than ideal. A lot of traditionally smart pre season pickups have not panned out, both in mine and in other sides but I think as the season goes on that will hopefully right itself. It's just a matter of keeping yourself in the picture in the mean time. I will probably ignore all of that however in the coming weeks and trade rage like I usually do
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:58 pm

Honeysett wrote:

So you would vote no for those trades? I don't want to get rid of DCE I don't think but it does allow RTS and Norman to come into my side, Norman has looked good already and RTS is nearly ready to grab.

That would leave gurtherson, Auva'a, Davis and Green in my centres which is horrible but is what it is.

My WFB would be Teddy RTS Barba Mitchell and he who shan't be named.

That would be a nice luxury to have a WFB that potent mate, maybe it boils down to whether you think you will get the RTS of old in a struggling Warriors side, I'm pretty confident he will start firing soon but also confident Aubbs turns his scores around in a tough CTR position

Obviously RTS will outscore Aubbs when he starts firing could be a masterstroke
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:00 pm

Does Taupau 100% get 1 week?

Only Surgess out but I'm worried about Merrin but then again I have seen no concrete news that he withdrew last round due to illness??
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:05 pm

Welshy wrote:Does Taupau 100% get 1 week?

Only Surgess out but I'm worried about Merrin but then again I have seen no concrete news that he withdrew last round due to illness??

Would hold Merrin until you get some concrete news. Too good of a player to not return to form, isn't dropping in price and with his already high value it isn't like you are in a real tough situation where you don't have a lot of options to trade him to and need to make a snap call as price changes won't be a major worry
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:09 pm

TMM for Taylor such a bad move but so want to make it. Taylor 40 pts with a try and 5 goals
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:10 pm

Ben Hunt's Butterfingers wrote:Thoughts on KEvans -> Mataora trade? Sideways? I have enough in the cap to go KEvans -> Tolman
    Also has the Hymel Hunt train departed?

If Hymel keeps averaging 43 then no, he could make another 100k. I don't think he will personally though.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:11 pm

Would hold Merrin until you get some concrete news. Too good of a player to not return to form, isn't dropping in price and with his already high value it isn't like you are in a real tough situation where you don't have a lot of options to trade him to and need to make a snap call as price changes won't be a major worry

Merrin is staying just worried he gets dropped last minute mate have Saifiti playing the Monday game so can put the R on him if Merrin drops out, is Kapow 100% out suspended?
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:18 pm

Welshy wrote:

Merrin is staying just worried he gets dropped last minute mate have Saifiti playing the Monday game so can put the R on him if Merrin drops out, is Kapow 100% out suspended?

my understanding is Kapow is out even with a guilty plea and there is no way he gets it overturned in my opinion
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:19 pm

I missed the games this week. Why did koroisau get dropped and why did parcell play so many minutes? I'm languishing down in the 17,000s. Also who would you guys captain out of parker, j turbo, woods or cartwright. I'm mainly tossing up between parker and jturbo, leaning more to the class of parker than the form of jturbo.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:24 pm

Im torn on whether to bring parcell into jniko.
    Jniko was always going to have to be traded out,but does parcell really keep the hooker spot basically to himself for 4 to 6 weeks which would be the amount of weeks itd take him to justify the trade? I know it's hard for anyone bar the coach to know bit what are everyones thoughts?

My other trade is kevans to rts. Rts gone down 90k just needs some attacking stats. Kevans i had big hopes for but surely3 games is enough sample size for a prop to show some promise of getting the 40 to 45ish scores we hoped for at a 1 ppm?

Im torn as to make both these trades now or sit a week on them Sad
    EvenSteeden
    EvenSteeden

Post by EvenSteeden Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:26 pm

Thinking
    1) DCE to TMM
    2) Turner to JTurbo

Seeing a lot of value in TMM (hoping he stays ahead of Wallace who's not exactly in favour) and DCE's not exactly setting the world on fire. Plus i've got Hastings, Taylor & Walker generating $$ for the next month or two.

Kind of already missed the boat with JTurbo but he's proven to be a keeper. Pretty limited who I can trade out from him and Turner seems to be close to his ceiling (more than anyone else I've got) and of course is an injury risk.

Bromwich Mataora Lawrence Surgess
    Taupau Carty Whitehead Carter Safiti Turner

Does this seem like a valid argument or I'm just losing it?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:27 pm

Guys is Fergs and LAM to Gordon and Rochow a good move? Or do you move heaven and earth to get Parcell and/or TMM
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:27 pm

Clack Bocks wrote:I missed the games this week. Why did koroisau get dropped and why did parcell play so many minutes? I'm languishing down in the 17,000s. Also who would you guys captain out of parker, j turbo, woods or cartwright. I'm mainly tossing up between parker and jturbo, leaning more to the class of parker than the form of jturbo.

I would always go with the big gun over the form player, JTurbo playing 80 at lock might be a different proposition though

However CP13 is due a massive game mate, been watching him and he is constantly tipping on when he gets to the line, he will start carrying more soon and the offloads and TBs will come back
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:28 pm

Peats to Parcell and Evans to Fifita look like being my trades
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:31 pm

my understanding is Kapow is out even with a guilty plea and there is no way he gets it overturned in my opinion

Cheers lad after all the talk yesterday about 5+ weeks, and now seemingly only getting 1 week seems like a big win so no trade out needed

BLaw also out this week means no trade ins (currently) which seems very weird for me this early in the season

unless i trade in BLaw for Welch to avoid Welchs AE if Mitchell doesn't start and get JNikos score?
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:31 pm

EvenSteeden wrote:Thinking
    1) DCE to TMM
    2) Turner to JTurbo

Seeing a lot of value in TMM (hoping he stays ahead of Wallace who's not exactly in favour) and DCE's not exactly setting the world on fire. Plus i've got Hastings, Taylor & Walker generating $$ for the next month or two.

Kind of already missed the boat with JTurbo but he's proven to be a keeper. Pretty limited who I can trade out from him and Turner seems to be close to his ceiling (more than anyone else I've got) and of course is an injury risk.

Bromwich Mataora Lawrence Surgess
    Taupau Carty Whitehead Carter Safiti Turner

Does this seem like a valid argument or I'm just losing it?

If I get TMM will be for Taylor. DCE is getting no attacking stats and low kick metres and still averaging low 40's
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:32 pm

Clack Bocks wrote:I missed the games this week. Why did koroisau get dropped and why did parcell play so many minutes? I'm languishing down in the 17,000s. Also who would you guys captain out of parker, j turbo, woods or cartwright. I'm mainly tossing up between parker and jturbo, leaning more to the class of parker than the form of jturbo.

Ive been struggling with the Parker dilemma - I just can't see him making the same points as he's known for with his time on the field. As a first year fantasy coach, he was the first one in my team, but as the Broncos sole captain now, does he need to be more stable and sensible hence not able to get all his offloads? and he's clearly kicking piles of shit rather than goals.

I think I'll have the take the C off him this week, so you should be fine - he'll do at least 80pts

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:35 pm