NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13 - Page 8 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:55 am

Welshy wrote:Gordon - Scott...start Mitchell in the WFB with Mansour & Barba.....allows me to go LAM - Taupau

or

LAM - Gavet
    Gordon - Tedesco with a 4th reserve of Taylor/JNiko/Saifiti

or

Get Green out of my ctrs, reassess next week

I like the look of option 2 Welshy
    Welshy
    Welshy

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13 - Page 8 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:57 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:

I like the look of option 2 Welshy

I can also get Parker or Mannering if I go option 1? Still think option 2? If Taupau was staying as an 80 minute edge forward I would go 1 straight away

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:04 am

Welshy wrote:

I can also get Parker or Mannering if I go option 1? Still think option 2? If Taupau was staying as an 80 minute edge forward I would go 1 straight away

Hmm.. Mannering is on my wishlist I want to get him as soon as I can. I would have started him if it wasn't for all the talks of him having a reduced role.

I think Taupau will be rocks and Diamonds. Some rounds could get 20 - 30 others could get 70 - 110 Mannering will be 50 something regardless (obviously injuries not included)

Parker still as some money to lose before picking him up. Ben Hunt is another hs already lost some decent money I think i'll aim for Tolman, Hunt, Mannering and possibly Fensom for my first lot of upgrades
    charliemurphy
    charliemurphy

Post by charliemurphy Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:14 am

Two pages of Whitehead and you've convinced me Welshy. I swear to god if you're selling me down the river Ill never trust you again!

Sue -> Whitehead
    Ah Mau -> Lawrence

Ill post my team shortly and let you tear it to shreds Very Happy
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:20 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:

Hmm.. Mannering is on my wishlist I want to get him as soon as I can. I would have started him if it wasn't for all the talks of him having a reduced role.

I think Taupau will be rocks and Diamonds. Some rounds could get 20 - 30 others could get 70 - 110 Mannering will be 50 something regardless (obviously injuries not included)

Parker still as some money to lose before picking him up. Ben Hunt is another hs already lost some decent money I think i'll aim for Tolman, Hunt, Mannering and possibly Fensom for my first lot of upgrades

Way I see it not much room for Manners and CP13 to increase on their 2015 avg, I fully expect CP13 to get close to a 60 avg over the season despite his poor start perhaps a slight drop off but will still aim to get him in over the season so their price should hover around the $500,000-$550,000 mark

With Taupau if he is playing 80 minutes or 60 minutes even, he has the potential to hover around the 60 point avg over the season so i would need to get him in soon before his price skyrockets

The risk with Taupau lies in the fact that he needs to be playing the bigger minutes most of the season

Could always wait and see, if i sit and wait and he continues his big minutes I will just have to pay a higher premium for him later
    charliemurphy
    charliemurphy

Post by charliemurphy Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:30 am

After trades the new team is:

HOK: J. Nikorima (Peats)
    FRF: Graham, McGuire, Evans, Lawrence
    2RF: Taupau, Surgess, Whitehead, Rochow, Turner, Saifiti
    HLF: Johnson, Walker (Hastings, Taylor)
    CTR: C. Lawrence, Aubbusson (Green, Auva'a)
    WFB: Mansour, Barba, Mitchell (Feeney, Matautai)
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:31 am

charliemurphy wrote:Two pages of Whitehead and you've convinced me Welshy. I swear to god if you're selling me down the river Ill never trust you again!

Sue -> Whitehead
    Ah Mau -> Lawrence

Ill post my team shortly and let you tear it to shreds Very Happy

I don't even trust myself anymore mate Laughing

I think I'm going to play it safe and get a GUN in now, so have been pushing myself towards Taupau or Tedesco

I can't handle the guilt if another of my predictions goes south haha convinced Whitehead can go 45+ though but I have found a trade scenario where i can grab Teddy or Taupau and that might be too hard to pass up
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:35 am

charliemurphy wrote:After trades the new team is:

HOK: J. Nikorima (Peats)
    FRF: Graham, McGuire, Evans, Lawrence
    2RF: Taupau, Surgess, Whitehead, Rochow, Turner, Saifiti
    HLF: Johnson, Walker (Hastings, Taylor)
    CTR: C. Lawrence, Aubbusson (Green, Auva'a)
    WFB: Mansour, Barba, Mitchell (Feeney, Matautai)

What were the trades mate? what if Peats is out longer than 2 weeks, JNiko there alone would scare me
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:39 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:I'm going to watch Munster for a couple of weeks. I hope he does well. What does everyones final back line want to look like?
    In an ideal world think I'd be wanting Tedesco, Inglis, RTS in a post-origin backline. Centres, who knows who's going to end up most valuable? Lyon and Dugan?

Last edited by rhinoceroo on Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:41 am

I do half like the team after the following trades

LAM - Taupau
    Gordon - Scott

Smith, Garvey
    Woods, Surgess, JTurbo
    Merrin, Taupau, Cartwright, Rochow, Turner
    DCE, Hastings
    Aubusson, Gutherson
    Mansour, Mitchell, Barba

$88,000 remaining
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:44 am

it hurts to stick by Merrin as Taupau reaches his price. I could pretty much straight trade right now. But I won't. I will ride Merrin's 40s into despair as Taupau continues to skyrocket, as is my destiny. Never trade guns.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:46 am

Welshy wrote:I do half like the team after the following trades

LAM - Taupau
    Gordon - Scott

Smith, Garvey
    Woods, Surgess, JTurbo
    Merrin, Taupau, Cartwright, Rochow, Turner
    DCE, Hastings
    Aubusson, Gutherson
    Mansour, Mitchell, Barba

$88,000 remaining
    I know it's a way away but you have precisely 3 players in there who play the first bye, and one of those is Garvey who'll be gone by then. Even without that I'd be ditching Mansour before I did Gordon.
    charliemurphy
    charliemurphy

Post by charliemurphy Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:49 am

Welshy wrote:

What were the trades mate? what if Peats is out longer than 2 weeks, JNiko there alone would scare me

Sue to Whitehead, LAM to Lawrence. 120k in the bank.

If Peats isn't back in a couple of weeks, Ill offload him for Friend.

Next plan is to fix my WFB, but I don't have the cash for big guns like Tedesco so I might have to wait for the cows to fatten up or wait for some new ones. Holland coming back would be lovely.

I think the sound of the whistle will break that glassman Stanley and we'll have another cow next week.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:50 am

rhinoceroo wrote:
    I know it's a way away but you have precisely 3 players in there who play the first bye, and one of those is Garvey who'll be gone by then. Even without that I'd be ditching Mansour before I did Gordon.

10 rounds before then mate, bye planning early is usually a big mistake as the best laid bye plans usually get sunk by injuries to a player a round before the bye, I will usually write off the first bye and tackle the 2nd and 3rd
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:57 am

Would trading Kane Evans to James Gavet be a waste of a trade? I mean Gavet has the starting spot for a few weeks with Matulino out and he's got a -1 BE. Frees up a lot of cash to make it easier to get those guns and his scores aren't much different from Evans on an average day out.
    I didn't want to trade Evans out but I was 6k short of Gavet when I took out Leuluai so if I got him I'd have to swap out Evans.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:38 am

charliemurphy wrote:

Sue to Whitehead, LAM to Lawrence.  120k in the bank.

If Peats isn't back in a couple of weeks, Ill offload him for Friend.

Next plan is to fix my WFB, but I don't have the cash for big guns like Tedesco so I might have to wait for the cows to fatten up or wait for some new ones. Holland coming back would be lovely.

I think the sound of the whistle will break that glassman Stanley and we'll have another cow next week.

Does LAM or Sue - Gavet give you the cash to go Mansour - Tedesco?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:15 am

Bump from a while back.

Trades for this week are
    Green > Scott
    Leilua > BLawrence via LAM

Dont know much about Scott but im hoping its head and shoulders above what Green is providing, does he have job security issues??

Team after trades looks like

Smith (c), JNiko
    Woods, BLawrence, Evans, Grant
    Surgess, Guerra, Cartwright, LAM, Whitehead, JSaifiti
    DCE, Hastings, Walker, Taylor
    Aubusson, Scott, Gutherson, Littlejohn
    Ferguson, Barba, Mitchell, Mann, Feeney?

Bold are unavailable players

Last edited by Liverpool_Bulldog on Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:21 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Bump from a while back.

Trades for this week are
    Green > Scott
    Leilua > BLawrence via LAM

Dont know much about Scott but im hoping its head and shoulders above what Green is providing, does he have job security issues??

Can't see alot wrong with Scott mate, has some decent wraps on him, in a very good Storm team, almost rookie price and dual CTR/WFB not much not to like to be honest
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:23 am

Welshy wrote:

Can't see alot wrong with Scott mate, has some decent wraps on him, in a very good Storm team, almost rookie price and dual CTR/WFB not much not to like to be honest

Just posted my team in the edit above, bit worried that others are bringing in guns this week while im still looking at the cow/points route
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:56 am

Is there a keeper CTR worth picking up for 367K (or Ideally less than 340K)? I need to bring in a CTR this week or I'll be stuck with Green's score and given that's likely to be single digit, I don't think I can live with that for even a week with how far behind I am already.

Thinking of Trading out LAM (Or I guess Rochow, though I prefer how he has been going) and using it to bring in a CTR rather than trying to get another stop gap measure with someone like Scott. If I do it though I kind of want a set and forget so I don't have to worry about this shithouse position again for a while (barring any bullshit KOD).

Trading out the 2nd rower means I can shift Green there for now and piss him off another week and with the way LAM has been scoring I think I can cover him with my other forwards (currently have 1 of Rochow, Carter or Evans who sit outside my 17). I think whilst taking the bigger hit financially this makes more sense points wise. I just can't figure out who...

Brown would have been the go to had he got the same minutes as Rd1, but Rd2 shows a different story (who took those minutes from him btw, was it that fuck Green?) Naqaima is a risky option as is Hoppa, don't even mention Maubs. Gaigai could be an idea but I'm not sure I'm comfortable bringing in any knights backs....

Fuck I hate the CTR position.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:52 am