NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Looping thread 2 - Electric Boogaloop

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy Loophole Empty Looping thread 2 - Electric Boogaloop

Post by Milchcow Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:21 pm

All your looping questions answered here

Firstly it can help to know the right terminology when discussing looping

Your fantasy team has 21 players. 13 of those are your starting team
    You then have 8 Reserves which is split up into 4 Interchange players (positions 14-17) and 4 Emergencies (positions 18-21)

Those terms are often used interchangeably, but technically - "Reserves", "Interchange" and "Emergencies" all refer to slightly different things.

Some people often get confused by advanced looping, but it isn't as hard as it seems. You just need to break down looping to its basic principles and everything flows on from there.

You get to name 17 scoring players every week. Your starting 13 players and 4 Interchange players

Your Interchange players are part of your reserves bench which is made up of 8 players that you rank in the order you would like them to take the field
    You are able to adjust this ranking order during a round, which is what allows the glory of loop holing

If any of your scoring 17 players don't take the field that week, they will be replaced using the following Auto-Emergency (AE) rules

1. If that player is in your Interchange, then the highest ranked Emergency that took the field will score for them instead. Position does not matter

2. If the player is in your starting 13 then they will be replaced by the highest ranked player on your Reserves bench that has the position in which the non-playing player was named
    2a If that Reserves player was in your Emergencies, no further changes are made
    2b. If that Reserves player was in your Interchange, then the highest ranked Emergency moves into the Interchange.
    2c If you have nobody in your Reserves that has the same position of the player you need an AE for, then no AE substitution happens and you will have 1 less scoring player that week.

You can have up to 4 Emergency players move into your scoring 17 in any round
    Note, that unlike Supercoach  - AE choices are made based on hwo your players are ranked on your Reserves bench. The score they produce does not matter, a player who scores -3 can still be used as an AE if he is ranked high enough in your Reserves and has any appropriate position.

Hopefully that explanation is somewhat clear. If you understand how AE substitutions work you can apply them in many wondrous ways. Some pictorial examples will follow in the next few posts.

There is 1 grey area around looping. What happens if your starting team contains a CTR that does not play, and a WFB that does not play
    If your highest ranked Emergency is a dual eligible CTR/WFB  - what position will they fill. This can be particularly important if you have an Emergency bench that has position requirements something like
    18. WFB/CTR
    19. CTR
    20. WFB
    21. HOK

If you need a WFB and a CTR as AE will it take 18 and 19, or 18 and 20?

Cookie and I did some tests a few years ago and I don't think we got any conclusive results.
    Might do some more tests to confirm, but best as I can recall there are some smarts around getting the 2 highest ranked players, so if you need a CTR and a WFB

This setup will get 18 into WFB and 19 into CTR
    18. WFB/CTR
    19. CTR
    20. WFB

This setup will get 18 into CTR and 19 into WFB
    18. WFB/CTR
    19. WFB
    20. CTR

I would try to avoid a loop situation where this distinction is important, unless you are confident yourself in how it will work. Cookie may have a better memory/screen shot of how this sort of setup works

Last edited by Milchcow on Mon May 01, 2023 10:00 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy Loophole Empty Re: Looping thread 2 - Electric Boogaloop

First loop - using Katoa to loop Lodge and Havili

Screenshot from a few years ago, but the concept works

In this case, it is important that Lodge plays before both Katoa and Havili (preferably a whole day before so you don't have to rush your choice)

If you like Lodge's score, do nothing, and he will become AE for Katoa.
    If you don't like his score, swap Havili and Katoa, and get Havili's score instead.

NRL Fantasy Loophole Loop_310

Last edited by Milchcow on Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

example 2
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Just thought I'd put this there from the community team, because its a good example of advanced looping

NRL Fantasy Loophole R9_loo11

We had a few red dots this week which allowed for some flexibility in how we set up the team

With the team as named the following AEs would occur

JDB would sub in for Haas (as the only MID in our reserves)
    Jacob Host would sub in for Loiero (as the only EDG in our reserves)
    Bula would not score for us as we have 17 scoring players

But with JDB, Bird, Alamoti, and Loiero all not locking out until Sunday we could see what scores Bula and Host made and adjust our team accordingly.

If Host scored well and Bula poorly, we make no changes and we get the score of both Alamoti and Host, but not Bula

If Bula scored well and Host poorly we just swap Alamoti into starting CTR and Jack Bird into Interhange
    That would cause the following AEs
    Jack Bird would sub in for Loiero (as the highest ranked EDG in our reserves)
    Bula would move from Emergencies to Interchange to replace Bird (as highest ranked Emergency)
    Host would not score for us

If we liked the scores of both Host and Bula we could swap Alamoti and JDB
    That would cause the following AEs
    Bula would move from Emergencies to Interchange to replace JDB (as highest ranked Emergency)
    Jacob Host would sub in for Loiero (as the only EDG in our reserves)
    Alamoti would not score for us

This was an unusual situation as we had multiple red dots, and many of the relevant players locked out late in the round.
    But we were able to guarantee the best score out of Bula/Host - and able to make an educated guess about Alamoti and the lower of Bula/Host

As it turned out, Host scored 31 and we took a guess that Alamoti could beat that. He only scored 24, costing us 7 points.
    Take that! You dirty pool-hoppers!

Last edited by Milchcow on Mon May 01, 2023 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:55 pm

example 4
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon May 01, 2023 9:57 am

Awesome Milch. With a Bye every Round it's time I got my head around more than the basic Loop.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Wed May 10, 2023 8:29 pm

Hi guys,

Looking to loop this week but am confident I am unable to - hoping to be proven wrong by the genius's that be. I've put the slots in bold i'm looking at playing with

Boyd
    Horse - Haas - JDB
    Loeiro - Ford
    Chin - Beans
    Bird - Manu
    Teddy - Bula - Miller

Drinky - SJ - Walsh - Cheese

Billy smith - niko - ikat - Carty

My goal is to be able to pick the better scorer of Carty and billy smith and utilise bird's DPP, however i don't think I can as once billy smith plays he and ford will be locked out. #help

Thanks team Smile
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed May 10, 2023 9:09 pm

Don't think you can loop Carty/Smith

Might just be better off looping Smith with Bula/Miller/whatever WFB you think is most likely to score poorly.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Wed May 10, 2023 9:21 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Don't think you can loop Carty/Smith

Might just be better off looping Smith with Bula/Miller/whatever WFB you think is most likely to score poorly.

Looping Cheese? As if I start bird in centres, carty has to be starting edge
    ReinaldoAdamo

Post by ReinaldoAdamo Fri May 12, 2023 6:27 am

This is just an electric boogalooop! I have found so much useful information and strategies here that my fantasy game has reached a new level! I've always enjoyed participating in fantasy sports, but this group of fans really stands out. Everyone here is so responsive and knowledgeable, willing to share their tips and tricks. I just love how everyone here actively discusses players, transfers, and the latest news.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri May 19, 2023 6:19 am

NRL Fantasy Loophole Screen24

Just to double check the above works please?

I have to play Alamonti, and he replaces Manu either way.  
    If Katoa scores well, I swap Alamonti and Hedwards-Alamonti moves to starting 13 and I get Katoa.
    If Katoa is poor, I leave as is and take the punt on Hedwards.

Thanks in advance.
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Fri May 19, 2023 7:54 am

standard-issue wrote:
    Just to double check the above works please?

I have to play Alamonti, and he replaces Manu either way.  
    If Katoa scores well, I swap Alamonti and Hedwards-Alamonti moves to starting 13 and I get Katoa.
    If Katoa is poor, I leave as is and take the punt on Hedwards.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah. that's all good Standard
    syn13
    syn13

Post by syn13 Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:10 am

Currently have DEdwards in WFB, INT3 Hopgood, INT4 Bula and Niko and Oloapu in the first 2 EMG spots, just wanted to confirm that if Oloapu were to score well enough, I could swap Ponga into WFB for DEdwards and reverse my Bird -> Edwards trade, and I would get Bula as my replacement WFB score for Ponga and both Niko and Oloapu as replacement INT scores for Hopgood and Bula?
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:23 am

Very rarely do I set up multiple loops, but I have a chance this week so why not. Am I right in saying if I set up like:

Manu Penis
    DEdwards Teddy Bula

Robson Turpin NAS Hopgood

Simpkin Ponga Kris Lemuelu

I can:

a) Get a free look at Kris, take his score if acceptable, if not swap Lemuelu into my 17 for Penis

b) Loop Simpkin and Ponga at 17th man as normal, getting a free look at Simpkins' score and swapping Hopgood and Ponga if it's no good.
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:10 am

Yeah, that all looks good
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:33 am

Cookie Monster wrote:Yeah, that all looks good

Thanks mate, appreciate it.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:46 am

Hey all, as per picture below I have Ford and Tatola in the loop with Simpkin and Bula below

Wondering if there's a sneaky way to get Ford's score but not Tatola's in the case that Ford brains it but Tatola gets a 4 for an HIA or something? Like a Tatola 4 and Ford 65, I want the 65 but not the 4.

- Neither is easy, just throw Bula and Simpkin above both of them after the Wahs/Rabbits game.

- Just Tatola is easy, choose Simpkin or Bula to throw above Tatola.

- Just Ford??

Not sure if possible, but appreciate any feedback.

NRL Fantasy Loophole Screen26
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:53 am

Snatchpato wrote:Hey all, as per picture below I have Ford and Tatola in the loop with Simpkin and Bula below

Wondering if there's a sneaky way to get Ford's score but not Tatola's in the case that Ford brains it but Tatola gets a 4 for an HIA or something? Like a Tatola 4 and Ford 65, I want the 65 but not the 4.

- Neither is easy, just throw Bula and Simpkin above both of them after the Wahs/Rabbits game.

- Just Ford??

NRL Fantasy Loophole Screen26

As far as I can tell it is NOT possible, as the only way you could do it is by putting Hopgood into EDG and having Ford be the only EDG on your bench. Since Bateman and Ipap are EDG only, this condition cannot be met as one of them would be on your bench if Hopgood were to be in your starting EDG.

If Bateman had MID dual (he doesn't but I suspect he'll get it in the next update), then it would be possible, as you would then be able to move Bateman into MID and one of your three MIDs to the bench.
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:45 am

Snatchpato wrote:Hey all, as per picture below I have Ford and Tatola in the loop with Simpkin and Bula below

- Just Ford??

It is possible (move Hopgood into EDG for Tigers EDG, and then Tigers EDG and Hands down to 20 and 21 for Simpkin and Bula) but you wouldn't do it because you would miss out on Tiger EDG's score

I suppose if Tatalo does score 4 and Ford scores 120 it may be worthwhile
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:33 am

I've lost my touch on looping, can I do anything besides looking at Tapine and slotting Matto in if something goes wrong? Obviously Hands will just slot in if SJ is out.

Boyd
    Tapine JDB Hopgood
    Bateman Preston
    Hynes SJ
    Lemmy Penis
    Bula VTW Shitto

Matto Hands Horse

Manu Ted NAS Drinkwater Ponga

Cheers if anyone looks at this.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:36 am