NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 28 - Eels in crisis, no minutes for gun cheapies

mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 28 - Eels in crisis, no minutes for gun cheapies - Page 25 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 28 - Eels in crisis, no minutes for gun cheapies

Post by mattnz Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:30 am

my tv broke wrote:

so matterson and rcg played more minutes that hopgood. this week, hopgood is benched, while the other two are still starting, but hopgood is going to play more minutes than both of them? p unlikely

Give or take 5 minutes either way, Hopgood may only get 55-60 minutes, rather than 65, but still predicting 65, with Greig having a 15 minute first stint. He is the perfect guy to bring off early, to play Hopgood off the bench with big minutes.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 28 - Eels in crisis, no minutes for gun cheapies - Page 25 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 28 - Eels in crisis, no minutes for gun cheapies

Post by Camo123 Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:35 am

mattnz wrote:

Give or take 5 minutes either way, Hopgood may only get 55-60 minutes, rather than 65, but still predicting 65, with Greig having a 15 minute first stint. He is the perfect guy to bring off early, to play Hopgood off the bench with big minutes.
    My post was from next week when Paulo takes an extra 25-30 mins compared to Greig 

I’m not too worried this week
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:37 am

Feel like my team is spread too thin. After trades of HSS + Trindall to Ford + Lemuelu I am putting out the following:

Brailey
    Haas, Hopgood, Ford
    Fifita, Hosking
    Cleary, Johnson
    Lemuelu, Alamoti
    Turbo, Miller, Sloan

Ekatoa, Preston, Carty, Boyd

Loiero, Utoikamanu, Warbrick, IKatoa

Feels a gun short, I guess because I've got 2 playable people at 18/19?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:40 am

Hopgood to Cleary in one trade leaves 0k in the bank. Its a sign.

Probably double trading regardless. May as well own both Dolphins halves. What could go wrong jocolor
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:46 am

Any must have guns under 730k for this week? 

I probably should improve my WFB, I’m probably gonna play Warbrick this week and get Teddy next week though. Not to keen on any of the other gun WFBs
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:53 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Any must have guns under 730k for this week? 

I probably should improve my WFB, I’m probably gonna play Warbrick this week and get Teddy next week though. Not to keen on any of the other gun WFBs

Yeah I am playing Sloan/Warbrick in my 13 (has gone fine so far but at some point it will become much less optimal) and was looking at a WFB gun this week but I also don't particularly want anyone other than Teddy. Will just wait and grab him next week assuming he is back.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:54 am

All things being equal Crichton will return to playing in the NSW Cup in round seven when the Roosters play Newtown at Henson Park on Saturday April 15.

Provided everything goes according to plan the NSW Origin and Test backrower is then expected to spend a fortnight or possibly more in NSW Cup before an NRL return is right on the cards.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:00 am

mattnz wrote:All things being equal Crichton will return to playing in the NSW Cup in round seven when the Roosters play Newtown at Henson Park on Saturday April 15.

Provided everything goes according to plan the NSW Origin and Test backrower is then expected to spend a fortnight or possibly more in NSW Cup before an NRL return is right on the cards.

Bugger, kids Little As presentation otherwise I'd go see Angus for 10$ entry

Very fast comeback, good on him

I'm impressed by this new and mature approach by the media to mental health. Interesting to see next time an NRL player is arrested, on drugs, etc.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:08 am

Fuck it, Niko at Night time.

Who to l**p with him - Kenny or Boyd? Currently on Boyd
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:14 am

danseels1985 wrote:I don’t give a fuck what people think of me,my life outside Fantasy is more important than posting here multiple times a day. Sorry if I don’t have as much time to share my thoughts as I did a couple of seasons ago but if I’m going to cop shit when I do post maybe I’ll just stay silent then

It's not that you don't have the time to post anymore mate, nobody is telling you to spend your days solely on here and I doubt ever would lol. It's the fact that you only ever post asking for help and advice from everyone here, you never actually put the effort in to help others who similar to yourself, would like some direction and third party thoughts.

No need to get abusive and throw the toys out of the cot either mate, grow up.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:16 am

Sheesh all this talk about trading hopgod I feel is soo knee jerk. He's in his first year as a first grader, maybe it's just a week to manage his load? He's been as far from a trade as possible until this week, surely we give him the '3 date rule' especially with the bye's suiting him etc.

Carty also is getting a chance, I've max traded so far bar 1 and I imagine a few others have also... keep in mind this years 27 rounds and as of next round we can make 3 trades... we're all fiends and will race through them.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:21 am

Katoa also seems the safe bet over Knik for me... he's the first choice out of the 3 halves left (when all fit) and what's to say he doesn't take an increased workload, rather than Knik coming in and being the bulk scorer?

Maybe I'm just talking myself into narratives to make sure I don't make any trades this week, unsure. But all possible trades really feel forced.
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:25 am

Welsh Mafia wrote:Sheesh all this talk about trading hopgod I feel is soo knee jerk. He's in his first year as a first grader, maybe it's just a week to manage his load? He's been as far from a trade as possible until this week, surely we give him the '3 date rule' especially with the bye's suiting him etc.

Carty also is getting a chance, I've max traded so far bar 1 and I imagine a few others have also... keep in mind this years 27 rounds and as of next round we can make 3 trades... we're all fiends and will race through them.

The best thing I've learnt playing fantasy is patience. One of the best examples was a couple of years ago when Averillo missed a game through injury after a poor start, everyone rage traded and he turned into a keeper centre I held my nerve and reaped the rewards that year. So Hopgood will be getting the same treatment he will get a couple of weeks to see how it looks.

Even if it doesnt come off it gives more time for a good replacement to emerge.

already for me this year was hjolding egan butcher until Hosking appeared.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:29 am

All this Hopgood trade talk is fine-and-dandy. I hope at least 40% of players sell him.
    Carty-party pulled out one final song to keep the dance going.
    K.Nik is probably the play this week for quick cash, but I'm avoiding. I.Katoa the slow-burner for mine (if I was grabbing a Dolphins half).
    I needed to boost my Mids (Tohu was a killer), so Ford & Cheese are in for Trindall & Sutton (who is possibly my biggest disappointment in terms of initial team set-up) he just isn't getting the minutes I thought he would once Thompson went down.

$278k ITB for that beautiful man from the Shire next week.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:32 am

I do have one question though:
    which one should I play ITT or Alamoti??

Playing each other. Both have TBs in them. 50/50 coin toss.
    C'mon crew someone sell me on a young centre. (The other sits in the corner EMGs)
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:34 am

Milchcow wrote:

I concur. No major issues for Hopgood this week. Next week they might have a more stacked pack.

I have traded him because I want Cleary, who is a clear upgrade. Maybe I'll get Hopgood back over origin, but that is weeks away and plenty of time for things to happen before then.

GreenSchist wrote:

This is exactly my reasoning for trading Hopgood out.
    Might be a bit premature but atleast I have no regrets about bringing in Cleary.

my tv broke wrote:Hopgood to Cleary in one trade leaves 0k in the bank. Its a sign.

Probably double trading regardless. May as well own both Dolphins halves. What could go wrong jocolor

It definitely looks better with the arm band on the chin again. Trindall to Kodi, Hopgood to Chin:

V(C)ook
    Haas Murray Ford
    Hosking Preston
    (C)hin SJ
    Null Alamoti
    Turbo Miller Warbrick

Loiero Carty Nikorima Boyd

IKatoa Doorey Teddy HSS 160k

Doorey to cheese next week for some mid cover. Not bad, I may keep it. Premature on Hopgood for sure, but captain roulette hasn't been fun.

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:41 am

Milchcow wrote:

12 months ago it was a similar situation, and the Tigers got their first win of the season. Pulled it out of nowhere

Don't think history will repeat, but as a Tigers fan, all I have is hope

I think the Tigers will come good at some stage this season when things click into place, no idea when that will be though.
    It took the Bulldogs a bit of time last season
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:44 am

The Bludger#2 wrote:I do have one question though:
    which one should I play ITT or Alamoti??

Playing each other. Both have TBs in them. 50/50 coin toss.
    C'mon crew someone sell me on a young centre. (The other sits in the corner EMGs)

I vote Alamoti, no reason, gut feels.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:46 am

Chewie wrote:

I think the Tigers will come good at some stage this season when things click into place, no idea when that will be though.
    It took the Bulldogs a bit of time last season

This is why you should generally ignore a hot run of form from players in shit teams at the end of previous year.
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:51 am

Think I'm just going Carrigan to Cheese this week. Leaves me 400k ish to spend up next week. Could use it to get Hynes but honestly not convinced he's worth the pricetag with the lower magic number this year. Definitely want him in the team but not sure he's worth giving up lots of potential value elsewhere when the Chin will do a similar job, especially because I think he sneaks into the blues at 14. Still early days and cash gen is important.

Shopping list for next week is Brailey, Tatola and maybe Dylan brown/moses. Not sure who funds these yet, will depend how the Eels rotation looks probably. Egan can probably go as well. Have only saved two trades so far. Looking to do three next week and that hopefully gets me to 11-12 playable round 13 guys and can sit on my team for a few weeks.

Few questions to the forum:
    Regarding round 13 are people targeting having a full 13?
    How's everyone's team value tracking? I'm at 3k overall but team value of 12.1mil which isn't far off first's. Last year was way off the pace value wise by now.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:13 pm