NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates

WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates

Post by WT Winfield Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:49 pm

Alfie wrote:

He's a tryscoring freak tho

Yeah Egan definitely more of an exciting watch than either Brailey Laughing

I'm a fellow Grant owning loser that captained him last week, but JBrailey appeals at that price and the Rd 9 bye coming. Playing Boyd at HLF and might be a trade by then. Would target Brailey potentially next week at the earliest.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates

Post by Pookus McFly Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:49 pm

Ando wrote:

Replying from last thread… I’ve gone captain Cleary every round except Hopgood during the Panthers bye so I’ve hit 2 out of 4 so far.

I think being able to get Hynes in without having to sacrifice one of my guns will be massive.

Yeah I am hesitant to trade a Carrigan-type for Hynes like I see others doing. I have some value in a soon-departing Cartwright, but I planned to swap him to Brailey next week which doesnt leave me much for Hynes the week after. Always possible that Hosking is just a two week 100k+ wonder and I am trading him to Hynes in R7, otherwise I might need to wait a few rounds for some cows to mature. Im trying not to think too far ahead, even the best of plans get ruined by unforeseeable injuries and the sudden emergence of must-haves.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:54 pm

I might just end up bringing BSmith back in for a big discount if I'm trying to save for whats-his-name though, the Michael Hutchence bloke.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:55 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

Yeah I am hesitant to trade a Carrigan-type for Hynes like I see others doing. I have some value in a soon-departing Cartwright, but I planned to swap him to Brailey next week which doesnt leave me much for Hynes the week after. Always possible that Hosking is just a two week 100k+ wonder and I am trading him to Hynes in R7, otherwise I might need to wait a few rounds for some cows to mature. Im trying not to think too far ahead, even the best of plans get ruined by unforeseeable injuries and the sudden emergence of must-haves.

Yeah I've come to peace with the fact that I can't come up with any brilliant plan to bring in Hynes (or Cleary for that matter Embarassed ) in the next couple of weeks. I think it will just happen organically when one of my guns gets a HIA/injury, or a couple of cheap cows come along etc.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:01 pm

WT Winfield wrote:I might just end up bringing BSmith back in for a big discount if I'm trying to save for whats-his-name though, the Michael Hutchence bloke.

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates - Page 2 Nicho-Hynes-Cronulla-Sharks-PA

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates - Page 2 00-promo-michael-hutchence
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:04 pm

Channeling my inner B/L's mum for my trade-ins by picking up the spunks Cool Hosking and Hands this week cheer

What's she up to this week BL? And who's she trading in?
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:06 pm

Any further word on Tofu Harris?
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:20 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Yeah I've come to peace with the fact that I can't come up with any brilliant plan to bring in Hynes (or Cleary for that matter Embarassed ) in the next couple of weeks. I think it will just happen organically when one of my guns gets a HIA/injury, or a couple of cheap cows come along etc.

Loiero and Carty will peak soon enough for you, easy enough to chase Cleary between them at his price tag. And you have all that sweet Hodgson capital to make use of. Our teams may end up a little behind the pack on getting Hynes in, but he isn’t going to be significantly more expensive and he wont score 98 every week.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:22 pm

mickspicks wrote:Any further word on Tofu Harris?

I have no news, but I think its time to say soy you later Tofu
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:22 pm

WT Winfield wrote:Channeling my inner B/L's mum for my trade-ins by picking up the spunks Cool Hosking and Hands this week cheer

I'm bringing in Hosking and I Katoa (yes, I already have Ford)

So yeah I'm bringing in a cheap half. Thoughts on why I should pick Hands over Katoa?

Edit: Actually don't worry about that. I'm happy enough with the Katoa pick, and I'd prefer to wait a week with Hands and I'll have someone to trade out for him next week anyway if he's looking the goods/more info about his top 30 status etc.

Last edited by Mulvy on Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:26 pm

Trades done

Grant
    Haas carrigan hopgood
    Hosking katoa
    Hynes sj
    Alamoti hymel
    Teddy Walsh warbrick

Ford loiero Preston uto

Boyd katoa akp bmm

Bmm is really pissing me off and needs to go
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:32 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I'm bringing in Hosking and I Katoa (yes, I already have Ford)

So yeah I'm bringing in a cheap half. Thoughts on why I should pick Hands over Katoa?

I have Ford and IKatoa already, so not much choice for me. I would go IKatoa over Hands because of job security as a trade-in. I'm just not confident in counting on IKatoa this week since he's let me down in 3 out of 4 games already, so Hands is part insurance policy that might score 15 and be gone next week.. The other part is I need $2k for Trindall to Hosking, otherwise I'd probably wait and see if Hands gets upgraded.

Opposite of what you asked for What a Face
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:33 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

Loiero and Carty will peak soon enough for you, easy enough to chase Cleary between them at his price tag. And you have all that sweet Hodgson capital to make use of. Our teams may end up a little behind the pack on getting Hynes in, but he isn’t going to be significantly more expensive and he wont score 98 every week.

Kind of think it might be more long-term beneficial to get Difita plus a decent second trade-in in a week or two with the Carty/Loreiro cash rather than Hynes/nuffie. (That's as a Cleary owner. You do need one of them asap, but maybe not both).
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:35 pm

Mulvy wrote:Edit: Actually don't worry about that. I'm happy enough with the Katoa pick, and I'd prefer to wait a week with Hands and I'll have someone to trade out for him next week anyway if he's looking the goods/more info about his top 30 status etc.

Okay forget everything I just said.

You've been watching Hodgson.. he's cooked. Hands will play 72 mins this week and score 50+. Upgraded next week and everyone's like FFS, should've gotten him last week.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:38 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

Okay forget everything I just said.

You've been watching Hodgson.. he's cooked. Hands will play 72 mins this week and score 50+. Upgraded next week and everyone's like FFS, should've gotten him last week.

Honestly, if that's true, I won't be upset, and I'll be glad to have a solid cash cow I can trade someone to. As long as Katoa actually plays dagnabbit.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:45 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Kind of think it might be more long-term beneficial to get Difita plus a decent second trade-in in a week or two with the Carty/Loreiro cash rather than Hynes/nuffie. (That's as a Cleary owner. You do need one of them asap, but maybe not both).

I agree, plenty of players to prioritise over Hynes. Im somewhat interested in Frizell as a low cost upgrade, but Fifita is definitely a good shout too- only a matter of time until he posts 80+ with a try.

But on your point- Hynes + Hands = Fifita + Lemuelu = Frizell + Brailey, and the latter two trades-ins are more appealing to my mind. Easy to say this when I already have Cleary though.
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:52 pm

WT Winfield wrote:Channeling my inner B/L's mum for my trade-ins by picking up the spunks Cool Hosking and Hands this week cheer

Fucked if I know lol.

She will start spudding sooner rather then later.

I don't want to talk to.her about it so.she can remind me.she is 14k places ahead of me at present.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:58 pm

B/L wrote:

Fucked if I know lol.

I don't want to talk to.her about it so.she can remind me.she is 14k places ahead of me at present.

Rolling Laugh

Fair enough mate Laugh 3
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:03 am

B/L wrote:

Fucked if I know lol.

I’ve got a spud mate who’s top 200. The difference between him and your mum is I can just tell him to fuck right off. Tough to do that with mum.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:18 am

Pookus McFly wrote:

I’ve even heard of someone doing Cook to Hynes this week. Moves like that are silly for mine.

I am probs gonna use Cartwright as a way for me to get Hynes as well.

Well done as well you mightn’t think you’ve started well but rank 2.5 is good you’ll defs be top 200 this year again I think your team is gun.

I’ve had my worst start in quite a while if not worst start ever it was the round 2 sub 700 score that sent me back to 26-27k. Then round 3 I got back up to 18k, and after last round 13k so I’m not too happy. I had 3 poor captaincy picks in a row in Cleary, Hopgood and Grant.

I’m putting it back on Cleary though this week.

Another thing I’ve got wrong the last few weeks is I always play the wrong one out of Thompson or Warbrick can’t seem to pick it!

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 6:23 am