NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13 - Page 9 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

Post by GreenMachine Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:41 pm

Archer wrote:
    GM you in London. By chance?
    Might have to catch up for a game one time if we ever play later than 4am

Not anymore (in Isle of Man)
    But good idea to catch a game before the season's out. Clock changes generally make the times more bearable and I get over to London quite a lot
    Welshy
    Welshy

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13 - Page 9 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:41 pm

ForanAgainst wrote:Thoughts on my potential trades for this week and my thinking behind them.
    OUT Lichaa IN JNiko
    OUT Leiluai IN Mau

I didn't begin the season with JNiko because I wasn't too sure about him. Seemed to
    do well enough his first game, hence why I went him over Garvey, Randell, or whoever.

As far as bringing in Manu Mau. I like him as a better option to Carter. I strongly believe
    this is his year where he "brings it" week after week and consistently score 45-50/game. Yes, my beliefs could be wrong but I'm more confident in him doing that than I am with Carter keeping his discipline in check.

Your thoughts?

Mau'u has averaged low 40's last 2 seasons mate, even after that stormer on Thursday I see no reason why that changes this year, his minutes can't go up so unless he goes and scores 15 tries this season then I highly doubt it will move from where he is priced
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:49 pm

@ForanAgainst, I'd b happy with both trades.

Welshy is right, Ma'u is usually a low to mid 40 scorer so that doesn't leave you a lot of room to make a lot of money as you would with a cow, and he's not really an out and out gun either. That being said, he has great byes and after watching him last week I think that he could be on the cusp of having a breakout season.

It goes against most fantasy rules, I know, but my gut feeling says that this could be a good year for him. And we've seen from Mannering in the past that it's not impossible for a second rower to grab a meat pie every couple of weeks.

If he keeps running as hard as he did last Thursday and putting in that much effort then he could potentially make his way up to a 50pt a week man.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:57 pm

Meercats if nobody else answers I'll shoot you a PM when I knock off. Only got time to sneak a peak here and there atm
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:59 pm

Mearcats wrote:@ForanAgainst, I'd b happy with both trades.

Welshy is right, Ma'u is usually a low to mid 40 scorer so that doesn't leave you a lot of room to make a lot of money as you would with a cow, and he's not really an out and out gun either. That being said, he has great byes and after watching him last week I think that he could be on the cusp of having a breakout season.

It goes against most fantasy rules, I know, but my gut feeling says that this could be a good year for him. And we've seen from Mannering in the past that it's not impossible for a second rower to grab a meat pie every couple of weeks.

If he keeps running as hard as he did last Thursday and putting in that much effort then he could potentially make his way up to a 50pt a week man.

His base stats with minus points had him at 40 points, he scored 26 points worth of "attacking" stats without a try...that is very hard to replicate

worth noting that his avg through first 3 games last year was 50

Mau'u will have to be a gut feel pick that he can gather the extra attacking stats needed to move onto the next level fantasy wise
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:28 pm

Finch wrote:

Taylor will probably come on for Merrin... Or maybe Taylor will play hooker for Wallace

Their bench has 3 props on it and Taylor..so Maybe Merrin will get the extra minutes after all.

I'd say it's likely Taylor will play back-up Hooker just because Wallace or Peachey whoever they go with aren't 80 minute hookers. Plus Taylor as good a player he offers little in attack so his impact off the bench would be fairly limited but hey it's Griffin.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:32 pm

Archer wrote:Meercats if nobody else answers I'll shoot you a PM when I knock off. Only got time to sneak a peak here and there atm

Cheers mate, appreciate all ya help!
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:42 pm

@Mearcats - When you have the TV connected -> right click on your desktop -> click Screen Resolution -> You should have an option called "Multiple Displays" just change that to extend these displays. Then drag your stream window over to the TV screen and your forum window to the laptop screen.

Easy as mate. (No extra graphics cards or anything needed.) (Also this is assuming you are using windows not sure about other platforms.)
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:51 pm

Which one from each lot do I bring in? I am so stuck and there's only been one round played.

Peats, Macca, Garvey, Walker

Carter, Rochow, W. Graham(can only afford with Garvey/Walker)
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:55 pm

jstands wrote:Which one from each lot do I bring in? I am so stuck and there's only been one round played.

Peats, Macca, Garvey, Walker

Carter, Rochow, W. Graham(can only afford with Garvey/Walker)

I think you need to make a decision as to whether you want to chase points right now to get ahead of the pack or think longer term with cows.

I an struggling as well and thinking I might just bring in 2 guns now and try to get the jump on the field.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:59 pm

SI wrote:

I think you need to make a decision as to whether you want to chase points right now to get ahead of the pack or think longer term with cows.

I an struggling as well and thinking I might just bring in 2 guns now and try to get the jump on the field.

Ideally I'd like to find the right balance of earning a profit while still scoring solid points. Based on Carter's stats I'd like to think he falls into this category but he really needs to get the negative scoring out of his game.
    And I've always been one to have big scorers in my hooking positions so I'm leaning more towards Peats/Macca
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:09 pm

jstands wrote:

Ideally I'd like to find the right balance of earning a profit while still scoring solid points. Based on Carter's stats I'd like to think he falls into this category but he really needs to get the negative scoring out of his game.
    And I've always been one to have big scorers in my hooking positions so I'm leaning more towards Peats/Macca

In your and potentially my case, Carter at least provides adequate support if Turner succumbs to injury again, which is an added bonus
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:14 pm

The Lichaa injury is doing my head in. If it's 6 weeks+ then Lichaa to Garvey and bumping up my pissweak WFBs with Henry to GI is the obvious move.

If it's 4 weeks would want to keep a solid 2nd hooker so maybe Lichaa to Hodgson and jump aboard Carter for $$$. Is this a better move anyway?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:18 pm

Mearcats wrote:TBH lads @White Lightning and @Revraiser, I don't think I've had a weekend quite that large in a long time! Started for Thursday night footy when I was posting on here and ended up not closing the bar til 8am Friday morning so just went across the road to the grocery store, bought all the fixings for a big fry-up and went back there and cooked it. Opened the shop two hours later.

The rest of the weekend was a blur but the misso reckons I was home for a total of 20 hours between Thursday morning and the following Monday night. Myeh, whaddaya do? My mate from Scotland has bee calling me a ned (I'm sure Welshy can explain further) as I apparently drank his whole collection of Buckie (4 bottles) in the space of a day. Guess that may explain why I didn't need any sleep in 5 days.

I have spent most of the day speed reading through 150 pages that I missed and I must say, there is some pure rubbish in there! Dafuq would people be trading the likes of Bromwich out to get Carter in?

Someone commented that Barret is making changes faster than a first year fantasy coach... I lolled at this! I'd go one further and say the changes he has made make about as much sense as a cock flavoured lollypop or a dick for a door knob. Bloke may be feeling the pressure already.

Some other gold from the last three threads (stupid trade ideas aside) included a mentioned of flogging off Koro followed by a reply of "sounds like he's in for a good time" the consistent shit slinging between Random and KFP, Your Name well and truly putting one of our newbies into place (although all newbies are welcome, you'll learn fast enough who's who as I did last year) Welshy copping a few verbals for Whiteheads performance and the responses from coaches following a whole plethora of injuries over the weekend! Absolute gold.

What's Buckie mate ?

Dumplings in that fry up ? Wink
    CubanMafiaSandSlugs
    CubanMafiaSandSlugs

Post by CubanMafiaSandSlugs Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:21 pm

I think we'll see Jack Bird at lock this weekend at some point. Paul Gallen's injury coupled with Gerard Beale being named on the bench screams of Flano giving Birdy his shot at his future position.

Jack Bird will develop into one of the best locks in rugby league in the coming years. Of that I am sure.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:26 pm

How many mins did Garvey play in the All Stars game? I think it was Jmoz who said he is impressed by Garvey's fitness at training, also mentioned Lichaa as well so who knows maybe Garvey is ready to play big mins like Cook last year.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:28 pm

Am in a different pickle than most after round one. Have Roberts/cCScott/Auvaa/BHenry in my centres, so could potentially have no starters in just the 2nd round.

Should i sacrifice Whitehead to bring Aubs in, moving BHenry to 2RF and Aubs to the centres ?

No laughing please Bang

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:39 pm

lukeaye wrote:Guys in other news, check out this link....wtf...

http://www.unilad.co.uk/video/women-are-paying-strangers-to-stroke-their-vaginas-because-2016/

The comment hahaha

Jack: Hey let's have a place where men can pay for an orgasm!

Jill: NO! It's violence, misogyny, and objectification, you disgusting pig!!

Mary: Hey let's have a place where women can pay to get an orgasm!

Jill: What a brilliant idea! This is 2016 and women deserve orgasms! It's the most natural thing in the world! Its yoga!

Sue: They should open these nationwide!!
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:42 pm

The fact JTurbo was in my team for so long during preseason has taken its toll.
    Will wait on more Lichaa news and hopefully sort next week

Seggy > Walker via Niko
    Leuluai > JTurbo via LAM

Looks like this

JNiko, Lichaa
    Woods, JTurbo, Evans, Grant
    Surgess (c), Guerra, Cartwright, LAM, Whitehead, JSaifiti
    DCE, Hastings, Walker, Taylor
    Those other 9 guys

Thoughts?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:50 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:The Lichaa injury is doing my head in. If it's 6 weeks+ then Lichaa to Garvey and bumping up my pissweak WFBs with Henry to GI is the obvious move.

If it's 4 weeks would want to keep a solid 2nd hooker so maybe Lichaa to Hodgson and jump aboard Carter for $$$. Is this a better move anyway?

This. Plus the dogs have to be playing Thursday. Would love to get GI in too, but I do have the cash for Peats. What to do?

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 9:49 am