NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 24 - Responsibility is not a good look for me

Shady2K
    Shady2K

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 24 - Responsibility is not a good look for me - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 24 - Responsibility is not a good look for me

Post by Shady2K Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:47 pm

mickspicks wrote:

When is JDB back?

This week apparently
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 24 - Responsibility is not a good look for me - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 24 - Responsibility is not a good look for me

Post by ForanAgainst Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:49 pm

mickspicks wrote:

When is JDB back?

Far out. Forgot about Bellend.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:51 pm

BCT05 wrote:

Lots of us need a hooker, no one needs an edge.

Position aside he's a nice option though

Yeah for sure, I've been collecting edges like they're Pokemon this year (have all of Hopgood, Katoa, Carty, Loiero, Ford, Preston, Doorey) so definitely don't need another one, but he's good value in isolation.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:51 pm

ForanAgainst wrote:

Far out. Forgot about Bellend.

Yeah. It's why I'm also wary of Lawrie and Bird. Not sure how JDB impacts everything.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:54 pm

mickspicks wrote:

Yeah. It's why I'm also wary of Lawrie and Bird. Not sure how JDB impacts everything.

Tbh this has me considering selling Bird. Probably too reactionary but if I did, I could trade him and Reynolds to Hynes and Brailey, fixing my HLF and HOK spots once and for all.

I would still be fine at CTR and WFB, would just be playing Hammer, Alamoti, Walsh, Miller and Warbrick as my back 5 with Teddy in the pipeline.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:59 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Tbh this has me considering selling Bird. Probably too reactionary but if I did, I could trade him and Reynolds to Hynes and Brailey, fixing my HLF and HOK spots once and for all.

I would still be fine at CTR and WFB, would just be playing Hammer, Alamoti, Walsh, Miller and Warbrick as my back 5 with Teddy in the pipeline.

Depends what you need really. Hynes R6 bye and probably slots in somehow to NSW - too good to leave out.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:00 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:I've been around the forum a while now but never actually thought to ask, is there a story behind threads only going to page 51 (usually)?

The forum has a glitch if it gets to about 55 the thread will spilt in two threads with the same name and makes it confusing. So we decided to cut it at 50 and that’s how the page 51 parties were born.

Long story short just blame random
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:12 pm

mickspicks wrote:

Depends what you need really. Hynes R6 bye and probably slots in somehow to NSW - too good to leave out.

Yeah Hynes has that bye but he is easily a top 2 half even if he does play Origin.

Bird is good but if he's playing edge instead of lock then he loses some appeal, and I can still have a good back 5 without him, especially since I'm targeting Teddy as a buy in the next couple weeks.

If Hands plays then I don't need to do this, since I could then just trade Trindall and Reynolds to Hands and Hynes and have plenty of cash for buying Brailey/Teddy next week.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:13 pm

MF wrote:
    mrbrownstone wrote:I've been around the forum a while now but never actually thought to ask, is there a story behind threads only going to page 51 (usually)?

The forum has a glitch if it gets to about 55 the thread will spilt in two threads with the same name and makes it confusing. So we decided to cut it at 50 and that’s how the page 51 parties were born.

Long story short just blame random

Due to the slackarse mods, we almost got to the point where the thread was going to split itself automatically.

You don't want to be around if that happens

Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:17 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Due to the slackarse mods, we almost got to the point where the thread was going to split itself automatically.

You don't want to be around if that happens

Is that where the forum splits into two alternative realities and everyone has a nagging feeling that something just isn't right but carries on regardless?

Which reality is the one where I'm better at fantasy? (and funnier and better looking etc)
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:18 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Trading out Bird who’s supposedly a keeper CTR and Reynolds (who I assume you just got) seems extremely reactionary

In 2 weeks with Hynes on the bye you’ll have 1 mil on the sideline and may do this merry go round again if Hynes doesn’t score enough to justify his price tag lol
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:21 pm

Shady2K wrote:

Trading out Bird who’s supposedly a keeper CTR and Reynolds (who I assume you just got) seems extremely reactionary

In 2 weeks with Hynes on the bye you’ll have 1 mil on the sideline and may do this merry go round again if Hynes doesn’t score enough to justify his price tag lol

Reynolds was always a stepping stone to Hynes, and never intended as a keeper. Hynes was always the goal.

Bird may be within the keeper range at CTR but Brailey can easily score more points than him, and I have two solid centres that I would be playing every week anyway (Hammer and Alamoti), so it doesn't actually affect my CTRs that much.

That said if Hands plays I don't need to do this at all, I can just trade Trindall to Hands instead of Bird to Brailey.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:22 pm

Aardvark wrote:

Is that where the forum splits into two alternative realities and everyone has a nagging feeling that something just isn't right but carries on regardless?

Which reality is the one where I'm better at fantasy? (and funnier and better looking etc)

In one reality, everyone traded in Host

In the other reality, everyone went Lawrie.

The 2 realities are so different they can't ever collide.
    BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:24 pm

ForanAgainst wrote:

I’m somehow tempted by Couchman. Don’t know much about him. Would like to ditch Thompson for him and continue building a bank, but doesn’t leave me with wfb cover.

Are Couchman's minutes expected to grow?
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:26 pm

Latrell with a Approx BE of 85, not ideal
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:28 pm

The Goat Boys wrote:Latrell with a Approx BE of 85, not ideal

Official is 73 if that helps your decisions
    BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:29 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Don't jinx it with comments like "once and for all" Yikes

Thats asking for trouble lol
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:29 pm

Shady2K wrote:

I swear there are more than several teams, ranked higher than me, that had Hynes stashed in their emergencies from the start, but are where they are because they got scores from players like HTF and I’m telling myself he won’t do that week after week.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:30 pm

BBowler wrote:

Don't jinx it with comments like "once and for all" Yikes

Thats asking for trouble lol

Yeah it's bad juju Very Happy

I don't think I'll actually trade Bird, just Trindall to Brailey in one and hope to god that Hynes doesn't go over 70 again.
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:30 pm

Shady2K wrote:

Official is 73 if that helps your decisions

Thanks mate, makes it look a little bit nicer.

I think he`s a hold at this stage but is definitely tempting to down grade to a Turbo Walsh to free up some cash.

Will be the last week that that trade makes sense with the potential incoming price drop.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:38 pm