NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 12 - Get in the back of the Ford, we're off to the Carty Party!

superbucks
    superbucks

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 12 - Get in the back of the Ford, we're off to the Carty Party! - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 12 - Get in the back of the Ford, we're off to the Carty Party!

Post by superbucks Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:53 am

syn13 wrote:Among all this talk it's worth noting that despite the pre-update scare, Cleary did score 61 last week, so it's not like the shine has gone right off the ball, trading him out is worth considering, and probably the move I'm going to make, but it's not cut and dry, every chance he comes back after the break and goes back to posting a 65+ average for fun.

With his %ownership and ability, trading him should have higher odds of backfiring than paying off.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 12 - Get in the back of the Ford, we're off to the Carty Party! - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 12 - Get in the back of the Ford, we're off to the Carty Party!

Post by Chewie Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:54 am

Cleary out

Walsh in
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:05 pm

I’ve got Walsh and was high on his potential in pre season but fuck me, there some world class hyperbole being rolled out. I haven’t seen this much smoke being blown up a players arse since Bryce Cartwright this afternoon 😉
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:07 pm

Aardvark wrote:I’ve got Walsh and was high on his potential in pre season but fuck me, there some world class hyperbole being rolled out. I haven’t seen this much smoke being blown up a players arse since Bryce Cartwright this afternoon 😉

You missed the Hopgood chat?
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:09 pm

mattnz wrote:

You missed the Hopgood chat?

I did (but I’ve got all three so had my internal monologue to berate)
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:17 pm

Murray only scored 45, should I trade him out next week? 59 minutes isn't the role I'm looking for.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:19 pm

Aardvark wrote:I’ve got Walsh and was high on his potential in pre season but fuck me, there some world class hyperbole being rolled out. I haven’t seen this much smoke being blown up a players arse since Bryce Cartwright this afternoon 😉

Commentators acting like it was his first ever game Laugh 3

Was quality at the Warriors, we are just shit Laugh 3
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:19 pm

I’m just gonna say what we are all thinking- Walsh is probably an immortal
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:21 pm

the_great_wobbler wrote:Murray only scored 45, should I trade him out next week? 59 minutes isn't the role I'm looking for.

Definitely, even if he had scored a banner 59 minutes doesn’t cut it, trade him to Reece Walsh 😉
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:26 pm

my tv broke wrote:

We talking about the drinkwater tackle?

I honestly didnt think it was that bad. Like yes he made contact with the head but it wasnt a traditional shoulder charge imo.

Agree with alexander he kind of shit himself when oates changed angle

It wasn't a traditional shoulder charge mate because Drinky, shit out from the full contact and just left his shoulder in.

Coward shot IMO
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:47 pm

filthridden wrote:311/6c

Had a terrible start to the year.

The bad: Hodgson, ITT, Cleary
    The good: Hopgood, Haas, Cartwright
    The hopeful: Tedesco, Doueihi, Ebutcher

Identical except for Thompson, small mercies!
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:18 pm

Late to the party as usual, but a quick rundown on tonight's events... thank goodness far eclipsing last night's;

Hopgood - Jeez, Papali'i was a great buy for the Eels and such a big loss... until this guy stepped into the fold, immediately. The Fantasy joy is null and void because we all have him and he'll be everyone's captain from here on in, but as an Eels fan - apart from wanting to noose myself two weeks in a row - I am certainly enjoying watching him play.

Trindall - nice. Was hoping and expecting two weeks of this, but nice. If Hynes could get himself right for just one more week I'd be content. Two weeks more I'd not turn my nose at.

Sivo - nice touch, making sure Katoa was still alive when he engraved him into the turf.

Carty Party - what a joyous ride... we're all on. Very good.

McInnes - so interesting seeing what he's become, Fantasy-wise. In the few years I've played Fantasy, he was my go-to weapon and we had good times. It'll be interesting to see if this is how he ends up, or if there is more Fantasy must-have in his future. Current role probably too comfortable to move on from as long as it continues.

Hodgson - wow, hadn't noticed that... 28 in 80mins. Ouch. He was a mainstay in my team for a long time in the pre-season. Glad I pivoted. 8 missed tackles, I guess thats a bit of it... but still. Disappointing for owners, no doubt.

Broncos - seven players at the top of the Fantasy scores; that's pretty impressive.

Haas & Carrigan - nice.

Walsh - pretty impressive, innit? Will be interesting to see how the top three fullbacks line up this year. Will it be Teddy / Turbo / Walsh, or Ponga? Obviously just one game in Brisbane colours, but laying down the gauntlet in no uncertain terms. Probably going to be a lot of scrambling to get him in and I guess it could be validly argued that he'd be a nice pick-up at his price. Assuming if Cheese looks out of sorts again that will be a popular exchange? Two tries, though...

Reynolds - chugging along nicely at a nice price, much lower than Cleary's.

Mam - two tries, but again, what an improvement. So much more confidence in year two. Could be I. Katoa... next year. Sad

Flegler - PPM, holy shit.

Staggs - pretty popular pick and I get it... I think I actually have (soon to be had) him in VSDT, assuming he'd come out firing this year. Did the same in VSDT Last year, to be honest. Just doesn't seem to have "it" with any consistency at all anymore.

Anyway, two great games of footy, again. First one wasn't great as an Eels fan, but I can appreciate it was a great contest.

For Fantasy, yesterday was horrid but Garner to Carty looks a bit less painful today. No more (C)leary until he earns it, assuming I can resist trading him out this week for two non-origin potential keepers (Warriors and Dogs matches pending... or has one already played tonight with Broncos?)

And that's about it. Happy resting all.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:40 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Hopggod is a great captaincy choice until Matterson comes back, when things become less clear.

May well go with the connoisseurs choice of Cleary to DCE. Few better things in fantasy than owning both Turbo and DCE when Manly are firing.

Will probably have enough bank to go Trindall to Walsh (if Hynes back) but can't help feeling there's more long-term value in jumping on a top coin goat instead (BMM if he goes 40+). We're only half way through round though.
    Cleary to DCE are you serious? The minute you do that Cleary could start scoring 80’s again.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:44 pm

I’m 5/283 C so far seems a bit behind most. Thompson 14 has hurt me so far.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:51 pm

Correction: Reece Walsh scored 3 less than Will Kennedy. (Downdates to 54)

Carrigan 63
    Haas 62
    ARey 59
    Walsh 54
    Herbie 48
    Staggs 20

Lolo 52
    Holmes 42
    Robson 42
    Cotter 41
    Drinkwater 10
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:54 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:Correction: Reece Walsh scored 3 less than Will Kennedy. (Downdates to 54)

Carrigan 63
    Haas 62
    ARey 59
    Walsh 54
    Herbie 48
    Staggs 20

Lolo 52
    Holmes 42
    Robson 42
    Cotter 41
    Drinkwater 10

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

(thankfully this will be his lowest score of the year ;-))
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:01 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Cleary to DCE are you serious? The minuteman you do that Cleary could start scoring 80’s again.

Well, I'd probably want Cleary back fairly shortly, yes. Hopefully after he's dropped a bit of coin and I've made some, but you never know with Cleary if there's a 120 round the corner. As long as I have two of Cleary, Hynes and DCE in a month's time I'll be happy.

Anyway, it's a Tuesday decision, not going to sweat it now.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:17 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Well, I'd probably want Cleary back fairly shortly, yes. Hopefully after he's dropped a bit of coin and I've made some, but you never know with Cleary if there's a 120 round the corner. As long as I have two of Cleary, Hynes and DCE in a month's time I'll be happy.

Anyway, it's a Tuesday decision, not going to sweat it now.
    Eels, Raiders, Manly, Knights, Souths, Tigers, Warriors next for Cleary could be a couple of big scores coming I reckon with that draw.

You will be fine mate you are already going well.

Walsh I don’t think will avg over 50, but 46-48 til their bye around origin time I reckon that’s good for a WFB these days. I’ll try get him especially with their draw.

Well done @my tv broke and no Cleary is paying off for you. Just saw your team so gun mate a much better start for you this year than last year I’m backing you in for top 100 again this year mate. Cook Captain this week well done. Lets hope Egan Butcher pops off tomrrow I have him too.
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:32 pm

349/4c can't complain
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:38 pm

syn13 wrote:Among all this talk it's worth noting that despite the pre-update scare, Cleary did score 61 last week, so it's not like the shine has gone right off the ball, trading him out is worth considering, and probably the move I'm going to make, but it's not cut and dry, every chance he comes back after the break and goes back to posting a 65+ average for fun.

I always had the intention of trading Cleary to either Hynes or DCE, but ARey is def an option, I was going to bring Cleary back after origin.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:59 am