NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

FA Team Tracker 2023

ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

FA Team Tracker 2023 Empty FA Team Tracker 2023

Post by ForanAgainst Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:08 am

I wasn’t planning on doing one of these, because I can never commit to one. Also, I’m a bit lazy to do a lot of typing, so I’m taking a different approach to this, I just hope it comes out correctly. Definitely starting this year better than the last(some 45,000 places better), so that’s a plus! 

Trade wise, Ford is the only one I’m keen on, it’s just for who? Still waiting and seeing if HTF & Ilias can back up round one performances before making a decision on them. 

Lastly, what’s an acceptable file size or does it matter?

FA Team Tracker 2023 A48c8f10
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

FA Team Tracker 2023 Empty Re: FA Team Tracker 2023

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:19 am

ForanAgainst wrote:I wasn’t planning on doing one of these, because I can never commit to one. Also, I’m a bit lazy to do a lot of typing, so I’m taking a different approach to this, I just hope it comes out correctly. Definitely starting this year better than the last(some 45,000 places better), so that’s a plus! 

Trade wise, Ford is the only one I’m keen on, it’s just for who? Still waiting and seeing if HTF & Ilias can back up round one performances before making a decision on them. 

Lastly, what’s an acceptable file size or does it matter?

FA Team Tracker 2023 A48c8f10

A pictures says a 1000 words, nice tram and a good start

No suggestions for trades tbh
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:19 pm

Like a teacher once told me, “You can be happy, but don’t be satisfied.” 

Yes, happy that I gained 7715 ranks. Happy that even though I left 142 points in emergencies, it is money being generated. At this stage, not satisfied with my knee jerk trades. Felt Carty had to get into my team and Stefano drew the short straw, and hopefully, even though it doesn’t feel like it, trading in ITT for IKatoa was the correct move. 

Thinking about doing some trade analysis stuff, sporadically, throughout the season, but maybe later on. FA Team Tracker 2023 B0ac1910
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:54 am

This game is a lot like those “Choose Your Own Adventure” books, but in this particular version, you’re kinda damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

Originally planned on Cleary and Cheese out for Mahoney & Reynolds. Now, my thinking is Cheese out for BMM, giving me $305k. This is where the “adventure” begins. Jump off Tanah early for Reynolds, and figure out hooker coverage at a later stage(would give me 3 halves scoring 55+), or use that money to go Trindall to Api next round, and holding onto Boyd just a bit longer.
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:41 am

Early trade considerations are Doueihi and Talau out for SJ and Keppie. I feel like if I bring in Sloan, he’s going to reward me with a 15, and I know exactly what I’m getting with Keppie. I had a look at getting Walsh, but with Trindall’s days numbered, I need to bring in a half.

Cannot recall whose tracker I was reading, but they saw SJ as a short term play until they traded him to Hynes? I understand that thought, which is why the trades I might be doing will leave me with $279k. Hoping to save a few trades over the next couple of rounds and possibly bring in Nicho after the Sharks first bye. FA Team Tracker 2023 21eec910

I’m 99% certain I’ll be keeping the armband on Grant, because captaining anyone on Thursday does not seem to be a good idea.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:56 am

ForanAgainst wrote:Early trade considerations are Doueihi and Talau out for SJ and Keppie. I feel like if I bring in Sloan, he’s going to reward me with a 15, and I know exactly what I’m getting with Keppie. I had a look at getting Walsh, but with Trindall’s days numbered, I need to bring in a half.

Cannot recall whose tracker I was reading, but they saw SJ as a short term play until they traded him to Hynes? I understand that thought, which is why the trades I might be doing will leave me with $279k. Hoping to save a few trades over the next couple of rounds and possibly bring in Nicho after the Sharks first bye. FA Team Tracker 2023 21eec910

I’m 99% certain I’ll be keeping the armband on Grant, because captaining anyone on Thursday does not seem to be a good idea.

Can I ask how you got your fantasy team to look like that? Is that what it looks like on desktop or something? Sorry I have only ever used mobile so might sound like a silly question.
    I like the thoughts on building the bank till after Hynes bye as well, I’m going the same strategy.
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:46 pm

Genderbender wrote:

Can I ask how you got your fantasy team to look like that? Is that what it looks like on desktop or something? Sorry I have only ever used mobile so might sound like a silly question.
    I like the thoughts on building the bank till after Hynes bye as well, I’m going the same strategy.

It’s not a silly question. I just go to nrlfantasystats.com and in the menu bar, there’s the team analyser option, click on that, and put it my team name. It’s just easier for me to do it that way. Also, it’s mildly frustrating when typing on a phone and you make a mistake, but instead of hitting the x to undo said mistake, I get something like mmmmmm.

Also going to mention that one thing I enjoy about the team analyser is that many of those, especially on Facebook who post their teams, I just analyse them and see what silly moves they have made. For instance, someone traded out Tommy T in round 2, and are considering bringing them back in this week.
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:51 pm

Quite pleased with my teams performance and my trade ins(SJ, null squared) this week. I’m not concerned with getting Hynes until maybe round 8? What does bother me more than anything is a twenty point scorer in position 17. So, in addition to bringing in Ford for Trindall, I’ve also purchased Keppie for Doorey. Every point counts, right?FA Team Tracker 2023 1f8a6b10
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:03 pm

So, my last update had a slight fib in it. I actually brought in Hands for Doorey, which doesn’t appear to be a wise decision. I haven’t made many this year. That being said, I’m not sure what route I’m taking this week, but hopefully, it’s a green arrow and not a red one. I’m gonna wait until I know how long JFH is out for(Lindsay Smith??) and/or if Hosking can remain in the starting 13. I had a momentary lapse in reasoning earlier today, thinking sacrificing Tedesco for Sloan was the way to Hynes, but if LSmith can get a decent run of games, he could be in for The Party, and maybe I could get Hynes using just one trade next week. A lot to consider over the next few days.

Appreciate anyone who took the time to read this and if they have any comments, concerns, and whatnot about the following:

FA Team Tracker 2023 9dcea210

Post by Guest Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:34 pm

Very Happy
    ForanAgainst wrote:So, my last update had a slight fib in it. I actually brought in Hands for Doorey, which doesn’t appear to be a wise decision. I haven’t made many this year. That being said, I’m not sure what route I’m taking this week, but hopefully, it’s a green arrow and not a red one. I’m gonna wait until I know how long JFH is out for(Lindsay Smith??) and/or if Hosking can remain in the starting 13. I had a momentary lapse in reasoning earlier today, thinking sacrificing Tedesco for Sloan was the way to Hynes, but if LSmith can get a decent run of games, he could be in for The Party, and maybe I could get Hynes using just one trade next week. A lot to consider over the next few days.

Appreciate anyone who took the time to read this and if they have any comments, concerns, and whatnot about the following:

FA Team Tracker 2023 9dcea210

Nice write up and thanks for the feedback too! It’s a way easier read.
    Can I ask what your plan for Teddy is? I know a lot of decisions would be TLT dependent.
    If you were to target Smith who would you be trading? Would it be Teddy and running a thin back five for a week and using that cash? Nice bank btw too!
    The Hands decision was a tough one but a lot went that way so I wouldn’t be too down on that, not to mention I can’t see him leaving the team for the foreseeable future so at least you’ve got some HOK coverage now.
    Depending on what TLT throws up, my advice would be to hold off on making any large moves if Hynes is the goal. Just keeping in mind his bye but more importantly the fact that trades get updated to 3 as of next round. This will allow you to potentially make much milder trades to get there, especially with the bank you’ve got.
    Smith looked like a machine, but a lot can happen with the bench on panthers so hopefully we get thrown bone. They do have a lot of outs though.
    The start of the year it would be insanity to think of moving Teddy to Sloan, a lot can happen in 5 weeks, not saying go for it but crazier things are working.
    FYI, I dumped Teddy round 4. Was sick of seeing nobody’s outscore him week after week. To have him now though, it would be an even harder decision to make.
    Best of luck, hopefully tomorrow brings you some good news! Cheers
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:35 pm

i can see hands role increasing, hodgson has been pretty average,

i think hosking is gonna be pretty secure in his job role, and continue to make points and money, TLT will illuminate that more,

hynes Sj and cleary from rd 7 will be a points bonanza

lets both hope tapine steps up soon and blows us away with a huge score!
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:22 pm

Genderbender wrote: Very Happy

Nice write up and thanks for the feedback too! It’s a way easier read.
    Can I ask what your plan for Teddy is? I know a lot of decisions would be TLT dependent.
    If you were to target Smith who would you be trading? Would it be Teddy and running a thin back five for a week and using that cash? Nice bank btw too!
    The Hands decision was a tough one but a lot went that way so I wouldn’t be too down on that, not to mention I can’t see him leaving the team for the foreseeable future so at least you’ve got some HOK coverage now.
    Depending on what TLT throws up, my advice would be to hold off on making any large moves if Hynes is the goal. Just keeping in mind his bye but more importantly the fact that trades get updated to 3 as of next round. This will allow you to potentially make much milder trades to get there, especially with the bank you’ve got.
    Smith looked like a machine, but a lot can happen with the bench on panthers so hopefully we get thrown bone. They do have a lot of outs though.
    The start of the year it would be insanity to think of moving Teddy to Sloan, a lot can happen in 5 weeks, not saying go for it but crazier things are working.
    FYI, I dumped Teddy round 4. Was sick of seeing nobody’s outscore him week after week. To have him now though, it would be an even harder decision to make.
    Best of luck, hopefully tomorrow brings you some good news! Cheers

I’m going to take whatever score Thompson gives me(hoping for 30+ and not 13), dumping Tedesco into my 18-21. I’d like to bring in Smith for Cartwright, bumping my bank to $445k, save the other trade, and at worse, only use 2 trades to get Hynes round 7.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:15 am

ForanAgainst wrote:

I’m going to take whatever score Thompson gives me(hoping for 30+ and not 13), dumping Tedesco into my 18-21. I’d like to bring in Smith for Cartwright, bumping my bank to $445k, save the other trade, and at worse, only use 2 trades to get Hynes round 7.

Keep in mind because of your team makeup and the draw you could sit Teddy in the 13, they play first. Then have ITT in 19 because he plays second. It would at the very least give you a free look at him. If he scores well enough just make sure HSS is under him, if he doesn’t you can risk HSS for a better score by moving him ahead of ITT.
    :ThumbsUp:
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:40 am

Genderbender wrote:

Keep in mind because of your team makeup and the draw you could sit Teddy in the 13, they play first. Then have ITT in 19 because he plays second. It would at the very least give you a free look at him. If he scores well enough just make sure HSS is under him, if he doesn’t you can risk HSS for a better score by moving him ahead of ITT.
    :ThumbsUp:

Well spotted. Thank you! I look into doing that. Coffee
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:56 am

Thinking it’s going to be a one trade week for me, saving my 2nd trade this year. Finally saying see ya to HSS and bringing in Kniko.

I did, however, toy around with the idea of saying forget Hynes for now, and upgrading Carty to Hosking & Katoa to Robson. But, in order for me to have actually gone through with that I would have to had one hundred percent confidence that Hosking had his spot sewn up long term, and part of me still has doubts, so he’s gone into the “players I’ve stupidly missed” files.

Got $291K to do something with next week.
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:44 am

Another slide down the ranks. It is what it is.

FA Team Tracker 2023 F69ed010

Looked at bringing in Hynes, but thought I’d try to improve other areas and balance out my squad a bit. Not sure if I’m doing it right, tbh. I’m thinking of trading out Hopgood, Warbrick, & BMM for McInnes, CNK, & Crossland, which would give me:

Grant,
    Carrigan, Tapine, Ford
    Katoa, Loiero
    Cleary, SJ
    Nullnull, Alamoti
    Miller, Teddy, CNK

Preston, Ford, Carty, Boyd

Crossland, ITT, Kniko, Hands

$246K

Tia for whatever feedback comes forth.
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:59 am

FA Team Tracker 2023 774f8710

I’m not going to go too in depth into this, but it’s obvious mistakes have been made.

Round 2: I had to join the party and was Uto the best option here? I believe my reason for ITT was that even though Katoa looked ok irl, it wouldn’t translate to FP.

Round 3: #nailedit

Round 4: My best trade in(SJ) for now. Lemuelu has been ok.

Round 5: This has not panned out as expected, now my Hands are tied.

Round 6: Please see round three.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:18 pm

Oof I feel you on the Hands trade. I actually kind of wish I just took the 0 and played with 16 because it has not been even slightly worth the trade.

Fwiw, I like the trades without worrying about Hynes. 2 plodder and a maxed out Hoppy to 3 playable (if required) moneymakers, perfect. As long as Loiero, Preston and Ford remain playable you shouldn't have any concerns.

You have listed Ford twice though, although I know one is meant to be McInnes lol
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:33 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:Oof I feel you on the Hands trade. I actually kind of wish I just took the 0 and played with 16 because it has not been even slightly worth the trade.

Fwiw, I like the trades without worrying about Hynes. 2 plodder and a maxed out Hoppy to 3 playable (if required) moneymakers, perfect. As long as Loiero, Preston and Ford remain playable you shouldn't have any concerns.

You have listed Ford twice though, although I know one is meant to be McInnes lol

Lol, I did list him twice. I’m sure we all were thinking he’d be a 25-30 points in 30 odd minutes, but how very wrong we were.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:28 pm

Looks like you're in a similar boat to Gaz, unlucky with Tapine etc. My advice would be the same as him.

With Teddy/Tapine back your 17 instantly looks stronger. 4 solid options on the bench. I think McInnes only has a 3/4 week shelf life as pointed out in the main thread so could you work towards getting Hynes instead. Maybe lose Loiero instead of BMM?

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 8:02 am