NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you

Daedalus
    Daedalus

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you

Post by Daedalus Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:05 pm

No early Warriors team again
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you

Post by Bethany_B Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:05 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Two totally different briskets.

Seems to be the case, but it's a scary trade to make given my past propensity for rash trade-outs, and the fact that Cheese is close to 50% owned.

At this point I think I'll go ahead though, as getting Hammer in significantly helps my back 5 (would be him, Bird, Walsh, Miller and Warbrick as frontline starters) and it means I can play Carty Party in the place of Talau/Alamoti, whereas if I keep Cheese I have to play one of those two guys and leave Carty out.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:05 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

The thing that has me convinced is the fact that he made 20 runs on the weekend, compared to 11-12 in the three games he played as starting fullback last year. If he's running the ball 20 times a game, I'm willing to back him in, and JMK is definitely capable of setting him up again like he did against the Chooks.

CTR dual is also so valuable, as I can then run him and Bird at centre and not need to play any of the basement price guys, not to mention Cheese won't make much money before the bye even with two 50s so I can't see him running away in price soon. I would be willing to get back on Cheese once the Chooks get their middles back and if he looks like playing the big-minute hooker role we all bought him for.

Great analysis and thanks! Maybe the spray Mr Wayne gave him before the start of the season was what he needed, looked far more engaged and against a good side
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:05 pm

User Name wrote:

Left side and right side?

Or lamb and beef?

Cherry and Pecan cheer
    Goodnight Kiwi
    Goodnight Kiwi

Post by Goodnight Kiwi Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:07 pm

Daedalus wrote:No early Warriors team again

It was outrageous that we had to give up our team news so early! Giving the competition an extra hour or planning, just because we live in the future. One of the big reasons our year was so poor last year!

:troll:
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:08 pm

Genderbender wrote:

Great analysis and thanks! Maybe the spray Mr Wayne gave him before the start of the season was what he needed, looked far more engaged and against a good side

Yeah his level of involvement was always his Achilles heel in the past, he'd look like a world beater at times but just not be very involved, but now he seems to always be backing up in the middle, and can still carve up a team.

I'm not expecting 50s every week, but if he can average 35-40 then that'd be huge at CTR, especially since I have Bird in my other spot, while a lot of people have to play Talau, Alamoti, HSS and the like.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:10 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Seems to be the case, but it's a scary trade to make given my past propensity for rash trade-outs, and the fact that Cheese is close to 50% owned.

At this point I think I'll go ahead though, as getting Hammer in significantly helps my back 5 (would be him, Bird, Walsh, Miller and Warbrick as frontline starters) and it means I can play Carty Party in the place of Talau/Alamoti, whereas if I keep Cheese I have to play one of those two guys and leave Carty out.

Well props to you, I think going confidently for Hammer is one of the riskier moves overall. But I like risk anyway in my choices.
    Just view him as that svelte,slight, light guy who wouldn't be able to be fantasy relevant. But yeah mindset via the coach and a new start plus he is young enough to change it up, u could be right.
    User Name
    User Name

Post by User Name Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:13 pm

Goodnight Kiwi wrote:

It was outrageous that we had to give up our team news so early! Giving the competition an extra hour or planning, just because we live in the future. One of the big reasons our year was so poor last year!

With great power comes great responsibility!

Last edited by User Name on Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:14 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Well props to you, I think going confidently for Hammer is one of the riskier moves overall. But I like risk anyway in my choices.
    Just view him as that svelte,slight, light guy who wouldn't be able to be fantasy relevant. But yeah mindset via the coach and a new start  plus he is young enough to change it up, u could be right.

Yeah it's not a move without risk, but I saw enough involvement from Hammer on the weekend to give him a chance, even without attack he would have scored in the 30s.

I'm also a bit more accepting of risk right now because I've mostly avoided the big traps except AKP and got on the main cashies (Ford, Loiero, E Katoa etc.) and don't need to use trades buying Bird or Walsh since I started with both of them.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:17 pm

Goodnight Kiwi wrote:
    Daedalus wrote:No early Warriors team again

:troll:

That explains it !!! So the last few years when the comp moved to Australia you were always early to the games and left before they had begun.

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you - Page 49 Giphy
    User Name
    User Name

Post by User Name Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:20 pm

One of the reasons I have trouble breaking into the top 1000 (only been there once) is because I do not take a risk with gut calls. I did a bit this year with mixed results but it is only round one. In previous years I would normal trade to the other guy I was tossing up thinking about planing to start with but this year I am trying to let those that have just underperformed have another round or two.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:23 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:Junior Amone has been cleared to play via the DT

Next thread needs to be called "Stop! Hammer Time" - works with all the HTF hype and this breaking news. For everyone younger than me, it's a hilarious reference, trust me bro
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:25 pm

Aardvark wrote:

Nahhh....bullshit

What you are really asking for is to be able to say any old crap you want and not to be held accountable for it. If anyone disagrees they get called a snowflake.

You can hold whatever view you want but expect other people to disagree with it. I don't think you got banned for holding an unpopular opinion did you?

Much like ignoring dogmatic fantasy advice you can choose to ignore anything 'political' you don't agree with but when you choose to engage with it then the response is on you.

Life is political.

I don't want to get bogged down in this debate here.

Freedom of speech is just that. If I or anyone else choose to respond they should be able to. If you get offended at things that are said the issue is with you, not me.

You don't need to look far to see what problems that's caused over the last few years in the real world.

As far as I'm concerned you can all say whatever you want.

I never got banned.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:33 pm

lukeayee wrote:

I don't want to get bogged down in this debate here.

Freedom of speech is just that. If I or anyone else choose to respond they should be able to. If you get offended at things that are said the issue is with you, not me.

You don't need to look far to see what problems that's caused over the last few years in the real world.

As far as I'm concerned you can all say whatever you want.

I never got banned.

Cool, cool. I'm old enough and ugly enough to be aware there is a big wide world out there where people have different opinions than me which I may think are wrong, that's fine, they can voice those opinions and I'm not going to call them names but I will respond with an opposing view.

If you say something and don't want or like the response that's not really embracing freedom of speech.

i'm going to leave it now, I have a suspicion we are arguing the same thing....back to the pretend rugby league

Edit : I'm glad you didn't get banned

Last edited by Aardvark on Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:34 pm

It's pretty hard to get banned in here, you have to be a special kind of special. Nobody gets banned for opinions. Play the ball not the man. Sexist, homophobic or racist (there's a bit of leeway with kiwi/Aussie banter and obviously the Welsh) and your post gets deleted and a warning sent to you. You might get a weekend to cool off. Any more than that and you're a repeat offender.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:34 pm

Nicho Hynes will miss Round 2 as he continues to rehab his calf strain, is hopeful of a return in Round 3 (via Daily Telegraph). Was mixed reports on the severity initially, but now considered a “week to week” proposition. No guarantees with calf strains though, symptoms can linger
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:35 pm

FWIW I was there last night man. Big Boozey fan, his 2019 team tracker was maybe the most important thing I read when starting to learn to play this game properly after previously only doing draft for 10 years. Was pretty stoked to see it happening again. To blow up what was probably a couple of hours of thinking and writing on the 1-2 combo of a SHAQ/MOALE DEBATE and 3 downvotes is something though. Anyway I hope he's ok and although he probably can't read this, I know he lives local to me and happy for him to reach out if he needs it. Apologies if that's a pussy thing to say but legit offer.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:37 pm

Gee whiz what happened in here today?

Just when I thought I could put aside a few hours into reading the Trials and Tribulations thread it’s come to a halt!
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:38 pm

Aardvark wrote:

Cool, cool. I'm old enough and ugly enough to be aware there is a big wide world out there where people have different opinions than me which I may think are wrong, that's fine, they can voice those opinions and I'm not going to call them names but I will respond with an opposing view.

If you say something and don't want or like the response that's not really embracing freedom of speech.

i'm going to leave it now, I have a suspicion we are arguing the same thing....back to the pretend rugby league

Edit : I'm glad you didn't get banned

Back to fantasy then. I've said my piece before. No need for me to gone about it.

Starling and Stimson are both as bad as each other.

That's the last word.
    Grouse
    Grouse

Post by Grouse Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:41 pm

WT2K wrote:Did I miss anything overnight?

Anyway: via DT
    Nicho Hynes will miss a second game, ruled out of Cronulla’s clash with Parramatta on Friday night.

In a blow for the Sharks who are aiming to notch their first win of the year, Hynes has been kept on ice as he recovers from a calf injury.

In positive signs for the Dally M medallist, he has returned to training in a limited capacity.

Hynes will aim to return for the Sharks round three clash against the Raiders.
    Have another week off I reckon...

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 2:56 am