NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 50 Empty Re: The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

Post by Guest Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:07 pm

I'm having a shocker of a year. Really struggling tbh. Not sure why I'm posting but I had a few mins so what the hell.

Its 4pm on a Tuesday and I'm full of ....... erm 'things' I shouldn't be. I'll be surprised if this post makes much sense.

Its funny how when you're down the kicks keep coming. I'll keep fighting but its tough. I havr massive respect and admiration for anyone who comes out of the other side - it seems impossible sometimes.

Just got to keep pushing and stay positive. Maybe I need a hug? When's the next meet up btw Wink
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:58 pm

Happens to everyone, but when life has those hard points it can seem almost inescapable. If you ever need to talk beyond the public forum feel free to reach out mate, and anything that we can do to help. For sure just ask mate.

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:52 pm

Verbal Kint wrote:I'm having a shocker of a year. Really struggling tbh. Not sure why I'm posting but I had a few mins so what the hell.

Its 4pm on a Tuesday and I'm full of ....... erm 'things' I shouldn't be. I'll be surprised if this post makes much sense.

Its funny how when you're down the kicks keep coming. I'll keep fighting but its tough. I havr massive respect and admiration for anyone who comes out of the other side - it seems impossible sometimes.

Just got to keep pushing and stay positive. Maybe I need a hug? When's the next meet up btw Wink

Seconding what Random said mate, you can always reach out to someone you are comfortable with in here if you are looking to talk to someone outside of your everyday life. I've done it myself in the past.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:22 pm

@Verbal Kint - don't hesitate to reach out mate, all walks of life here and differing views and experiences can mean a gud range of ears to listen and offer a few words.

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:52 am

Verbal Kint wrote:I'm having a shocker of a year. Really struggling tbh. Not sure why I'm posting but I had a few mins so what the hell.

Come over for dinner, if you have the kids lets meet up at a park or the zoo or something. Kids get on with kids
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:32 pm

As you said keeping pushing and stay positive. Consider yourself hugged!

Post by Guest Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:10 am

Thabksgents. I posted that and avoided the responses as I felt a bit stupid

I really appreciate the feels - hit me in the chest and gave me a lift.

I should go to bed now. Stop texting the stripper VK!

Post by Guest Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:10 am

Typos bah
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:19 am

Dont feel stupid my man. Life kicks everyone in the balls from time to time.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:16 am

VK you're a crowd favourite around here and for good reason.
    I hope you're doing a bit better.

You say you have massive respect for people who come through this? That has been you. You've been through and come out a few times. You are more capable than you think, especially when the old brain is giving you those untrue thoughts.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:22 am

Verbal Kint wrote:Thabksgents. I posted that and avoided the responses as I felt a bit stupid

I really appreciate the feels - hit me in the chest and gave me a lift.

I should go to bed now. Stop texting the stripper VK!

Don't feel stupid, mate. When we're in such a low place, our brains lie to us. It's a tough thing to do sometimes but try and be aware of what the untrue thoughts are

ie; "Everyone hates me" No. Lie. You have many people in this life who love you, people on this forum included!
    "I'm useless at everything" . No. Lie. You have value to yourselves and to others.
    "It's not going to get better". No. Lie. You've been through rough times before and come out the other side. You will do it again.

I've been through this and its fucking tough going. Try to go as easy on yourself as you can and talk to people about it.
    Honestly the more you talk to people about it, the easier it is to stop believing those untrue thoughts.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:24 pm

Hope you're doing well, VK. Honestly it takes a lot to say what you said and you should be proud for being strong enough to say it.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:08 am

How're you travelling this week, VK?
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:08 pm

I'm a little late on the uptake with this so hope that storm has passed but @Verbal Kint, love you bro. Hoping everything has come good and if not, know that it will and there's people around that are here for you for sure.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:06 am

What's going on, everyone?
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:10 pm

my tv broke wrote:What's going on, everyone?

Thinking about how good 2020 has been for me personally. 2019 was a cunt and I had to get through that relatively alone. At least the shit this year has been as a community and people are more understanding if you’re doing it tough.

filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:02 pm

Pain wrote:

Thinking about how good 2020 has been for me personally.  2019 was a cunt and I had to get through that relatively alone.  At least the shit this year has been as a community and people are more understanding if you’re doing it tough.

2020 hasn't been too bad for me, as you said - particularly in VIC we're all going through the same thing so that helps.
    I've been noticing among friends and workmates etc that people are really starting to feel it in the last few weeks. I've been enjoying all the video chats with various friends groups but the vibe has shifted and I don't look forward to them quite like I was even a month ago.

I'm a very social creature and I think its starting to get to me that I have spent all this time pretty much on my own.
    Had flights booked to NZ for Christmas and although I had mentally written that off already, getting the email for flight cancellations the other day still felt like a kick in the guts.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:53 pm

Longer lockdown than Wuhan
    Longest lockdown in the world
    and still people blame Scomo over dictator Dan.

About time the contact tracing out sourced / cost cutting / debacle has come to light. Behind closed doors he was told it was the cause before Melbourne went into lockdown.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:55 pm

No Worries wrote:Longer lockdown than Wuhan
    Longest lockdown in the world
    and still people blame Scomo over dictator Dan.

About time the contact tracing out sourced / cost cutting / debacle has come to light. Behind closed doors he was told it was the cause before Melbourne went into lockdown.

I honestly blame them both. and I don't understand the whole "dictator Dan" thing.
    Longer lockdown than Wuhan - bit of a tough comparison - in Wuhan they were welding apartment doors shut.

They certainly fucked up the out-sourcing of the security for the immigration hotel security and I also think they acted too slowly to lockdown the second time once things clearly got into the community again and it's annoying we've been locked down for so long but we also don't want to open things up again too early, we're seeing all over the world what the result of that is.

NZ is the example of how to go about getting this right and their leader is still copping a heap of criticism.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:32 am

He out sourced contact tracing on a contract akin to rescheduling a NBN appointment. Call twice, no answer, move to the next and get paid for that trace. That's why they have no fuckin clue on community transfer. It's a pandemic effecting people's lives ruining the economy, so let's take the opportunity to save some money. But hey what do I care, my weekend was going to kids sport, dinner at a restaurant and the beach for father's day. Glady Beercan's got my back.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:15 am