NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

Finch
    Finch

The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

Post by Finch Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:34 pm

We should have some kind of Survivor here on NRLFF.

Split into 3 (or 2) teams, do some kind of challenge every week/few days. Winning tribe is safe from elimination for the week, etc etc.

Would be fun I imagine...
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:48 pm

We use to play survivor tipping comps.

Type 1.
    You only have to pick 1 team to win each week.
    It wins you stay in, it loses you're out.
    Can't pick the same team twice.

Type 2.
    Week 1 pick winner of 1 game. Team must win to progress.
    Week 2 pick winner of 2 games. 2 teams must win to progress
    You get the picture. We also play a variant where after week 3 it becomes 3/4, 4/5
    Wee
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:03 pm

Anyone else heavily invested in bitcoin? Think I might cash in 1/3 to invest in rental property.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:06 pm

No Worries wrote:We use to play survivor tipping comps.

Type 1.
    You only have to pick 1 team to win each week.
    It wins you stay in, it loses you're out.
    Can't pick the same team twice.

Type 2.
    Week 1 pick winner of 1 game. Team must win to progress.
    Week 2 pick winner of 2 games. 2 teams must win to progress
    You get the picture. We also play a variant where after week 3 it becomes 3/4, 4/5
    Wee

Let's do it!
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:47 am

I'll set it up and run it. You spend more time than I do in the fantasy thread. You can promote it and drum up business.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:51 pm

So apparently this website is no longer secure to visit, anybody else noticed that?

"Your connection to this site is not secure"
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:10 pm

Either you have a virus or a tin foil hat. All good this end
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:04 am

Never had that message Finchy, your end must have a virus. (Read that twice).
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:23 pm

Someone entertain me.

What are your current goals in life? What do you hope to achieve in the next week, month, year?

What's a side project you are working on?
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:11 am

Finch wrote:Someone entertain me.

What are your current goals in life? What do you hope to achieve in the next week, month, year?

What's a side project you are working on?

Set up a survivor comp like you suggested
    Get you to join it
    Win it

Side project - probably something not as demanding as A perfect Circle, may be Puscifer
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:15 am

No Worries wrote:

Get you to join it
    Win it

Side project - probably something not as demanding as A perfect Circle, may be Puscifer
    Rolling Laugh
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:26 pm

No Worries wrote:

Get you to join it
    Win it

I'd waste you bro!!
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:50 pm

I'm writing up a big thing right now, just what's going through my head. If someone could read it and reply that would be awesome, might be up tonight I'm not sure
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:10 pm

I might of mentioned all this before, I’m not exactly sure, I just wanted to vent/speak somewhere. Lately I just haven’t been feeling it, feeling life that is, just feel lost. New manager at one of my jobs, who is changing the way we do things, I never “Enjoyed” work, but it was bearable, but now I don’t really like it and I know I’m not alone. One other co-worker has already told me she is looking for another job, and I’d hazardous a guess most/all the other co-workers are in the same boat.

It’s a couple who have taken over, about 2 months ago so I have definitely given them a chance. I’m also debating on leaving, I definitely want to, but I don’t want to up the creek without a paddle, by the same token, I don’t want to stay there. So many new ways to do things, which are wrong. Its small things that have changed, but everything is slower, food is coming out of the kitchen slower than what is was under the previous owner.

One thing that’s is bugging me, and I’m sure the other co-workers, is that these new owners have come in, with extremely little experience in the hospitality environment and they are telling us what to do. I’m taking it hard because I have been there for nearly 9 years, I know WTF to do. They are telling the FOH staff what to do as well; it’s not just the kitchen staff. I fully understand they are in charge; they are the ones that are paying me, however surely you don’t step foot into a workplace and 2 months later know what to do. It’s all a learning process, it took me a good 6 months of consistent cooking to get to the level I am now.

The way they speak to us isn’t abusive or anything, it’s just the way they say what they say and tell us what to do, just a bad tone.

One of the biggest things for me (And 1 other staff member also) is the amount of talking she does. For me, I’m an introvert. The amount of talking she does is insane, I can take people talking to me, but this is another level I kid you not. I can’t go 30 seconds with her striking up a conversation with me. If I ignore her, she will ask me my opinion, I can’t not talk to her as I’m somewhat forced to. If she is talking to another staff member, she will then stop the conversation with them, and talk to me about the subject. It’s like she gives me a running commentary on everything she is doing. “Ok Finch I’m going to make this now, do this now, let me know if you need help, I made this earlier” etc. That’s fine good for you, don’t need to tell me everything.

She has even told me she had a C-Section when she had her kids, she lost lots of blood. She has asked my religion, other personal details too.
    Extremely nosy. If the staff are having a conversation, she will come over and ask what they are talking about. If I leave the kitchen she will ask “Where are you going? What do you need?” Instead of letting us do our jobs, which we are good at, it’s like she wants her fingers in all the pies, but she hasn’t even got her own pie baking in the oven.

Instead of making sauces fresh and daily like we used to, they are making them 1-2 days in advance. I tell them we have enough to last us for the night/tomorrow, but they make them anyway. So sauces just sit in the fridge for 48 hours when it isn’t needed.

Small things just aren’t getting done. Running out of ingredients, running out of clean aprons and towels, running out of stuff in general. This is despite me mentioning it to them when I notice it. I’m starting to be embarrassed about working there.
    I have another job to fall back on, I do about 40 hours per week give or take, and it’s basically a 50:50 split with the amount of hours. If I leave this hospo job, which I have been at for nearly 9 years, I will still have money coming in, just not as much and I will need to dip into savings on a weekly basis. Obviously I will look for another job, but who knows how long that will take.
    Should I leave now and be free, but poor, or stick at it, but really hate it?

That leads me to another point which is if I leave, I think I want out of the hospo industry but I’m not exactly sure. Spending 9 years in the same place I think is finally catching up with me. The one “problem” is that I don’t really have anything to fall back on, I’ve done this job for a while now, I like the thrill of rushing around when it gets busy, well at least I used to. I don’t want to go to uni, I learn more by actually doing stuff, I hate taking notes + reading. I wasn’t the biggest fan of school, despite staying right to the end, I didn’t care if I passed or not, because I was working at that time. I failed anyway.

I want to do something I enjoy for work, which I’m assuming is easier said than done. There really isn’t much in life I enjoy. I enjoy NRL, Video games, Pop Culture bits and cooking, although the passion for cooking is dying very fast. I’ve thought about streaming (Or Youtube) recently, but the market is so saturated and I don’t have the personality for it, but I think I would enjoy it even if it’s just a hobby which is what it would be.

I feel that I’m both alone and lonely in life which I put down to myself really. Past 10 years or so I’ve pushed people away consistently, my head always tells me “No don’t do that” but I do it anyway. To the point now where nobody messages me, nobody asks me out anywhere. My life is simply wake up, work (My other job), internet (Or just free time in general), work, sleep and repeat. Going to massively contradict myself now by saying that I don’t actually want someone in my life, but I do. I can’t be bothered with people, I don’t want to hang out, I like doing my own thing and beating to my own drum, however there is the occasion (Like tonight and the past few days) where I’ve wanted to go and do something. I'm a massive introvert as well as being quiet, and I think I'm shy too.

The last time I got asked out somewhere was probably an old workmates 21st, must have been 4-5 years ago now. People used to ask me out places, I kept saying no though. It might sound weird, but I don’t really care about other people. I enjoy living in my own bubble, but I know it needs to be popped. Beating to my own drum as I said above.

I’ve tried Tinder, but rarely get matches. I’m not after a 1 night stand, just someone to talk to and do something with would be fine.
    I want to travel, but I don’t have anyone to go with. I’ve thought about going by myself, I think I would prefer this but I know deep down that I wouldn’t even get past the airport.

I had Saturday off work for the first time in a while, it felt good. I felt like a normal person. I treated myself to Fish n Chips, it sounds stupid but I actually felt alive lol. Rather than being at work, I was outside being part of the community, then I got to come home and watch the NRL while it was live J

It’s currently Sunday night. I like Sunday night’s when I get home from work. For me I put music on and it’s a small bit of hope that next week will be different. Setting goals for the week, thinking about what I’m doing etc, it feels good, even though it ends up being the same as the previous week.

Just feels like my life has stopped, well not stopped I’m just at a crossroads where there isn’t much going for it.

Any ideas? I know that realistically I’m the only one that can change anything, posting this up anyway because I want to say something to someone. 

Thanks NRLFF community Smile

TL;DR: New manager(s) at work and now I’m sick of my job. I want to quit but don’t want to be homeless. I have little friends/no partner, which is fine 99% of the time. I want to travel, nobody to go with though, unsure what to do with the rest of my life.

Edit: This is how I feel sometimes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjRRrG8Vr6I
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:44 am

Finch wrote:I might of mentioned all this before, I’m not exactly sure, I just wanted to vent/speak somewhere. Lately I just haven’t been feeling it, feeling life that is, just feel lost. New manager at one of my jobs, who is changing the way we do things, I never “Enjoyed” work, but it was bearable, but now I don’t really like it and I know I’m not alone. One other co-worker has already told me she is looking for another job, and I’d hazardous a guess most/all the other co-workers are in the same boat.

It’s a couple who have taken over, about 2 months ago so I have definitely given them a chance. I’m also debating on leaving, I definitely want to, but I don’t want to up the creek without a paddle, by the same token, I don’t want to stay there. So many new ways to do things, which are wrong. Its small things that have changed, but everything is slower, food is coming out of the kitchen slower than what is was under the previous owner.

One thing that’s is bugging me, and I’m sure the other co-workers, is that these new owners have come in, with extremely little experience in the hospitality environment and they are telling us what to do. I’m taking it hard because I have been there for nearly 9 years, I know WTF to do. They are telling the FOH staff what to do as well; it’s not just the kitchen staff. I fully understand they are in charge; they are the ones that are paying me, however surely you don’t step foot into a workplace and 2 months later know what to do. It’s all a learning process, it took me a good 6 months of consistent cooking to get to the level I am now.

The way they speak to us isn’t abusive or anything, it’s just the way they say what they say and tell us what to do, just a bad tone.

One of the biggest things for me (And 1 other staff member also) is the amount of talking she does. For me, I’m an introvert. The amount of talking she does is insane, I can take people talking to me, but this is another level I kid you not. I can’t go 30 seconds with her striking up a conversation with me. If I ignore her, she will ask me my opinion, I can’t not talk to her as I’m somewhat forced to. If she is talking to another staff member, she will then stop the conversation with them, and talk to me about the subject. It’s like she gives me a running commentary on everything she is doing. “Ok Finch I’m going to make this now, do this now, let me know if you need help, I made this earlier” etc. That’s fine good for you, don’t need to tell me everything.

She has even told me she had a C-Section when she had her kids, she lost lots of blood. She has asked my religion, other personal details too.
    Extremely nosy. If the staff are having a conversation, she will come over and ask what they are talking about. If I leave the kitchen she will ask “Where are you going? What do you need?” Instead of letting us do our jobs, which we are good at, it’s like she wants her fingers in all the pies, but she hasn’t even got her own pie baking in the oven.

Instead of making sauces fresh and daily like we used to, they are making them 1-2 days in advance. I tell them we have enough to last us for the night/tomorrow, but they make them anyway. So sauces just sit in the fridge for 48 hours when it isn’t needed.

Small things just aren’t getting done. Running out of ingredients, running out of clean aprons and towels, running out of stuff in general. This is despite me mentioning it to them when I notice it. I’m starting to be embarrassed about working there.
    I have another job to fall back on, I do about 40 hours per week give or take, and it’s basically a 50:50 split with the amount of hours. If I leave this hospo job, which I have been at for nearly 9 years, I will still have money coming in, just not as much and I will need to dip into savings on a weekly basis. Obviously I will look for another job, but who knows how long that will take.
    Should I leave now and be free, but poor, or stick at it, but really hate it?

That leads me to another point which is if I leave, I think I want out of the hospo industry but I’m not exactly sure. Spending 9 years in the same place I think is finally catching up with me. The one “problem” is that I don’t really have anything to fall back on, I’ve done this job for a while now, I like the thrill of rushing around when it gets busy, well at least I used to. I don’t want to go to uni, I learn more by actually doing stuff, I hate taking notes + reading. I wasn’t the biggest fan of school, despite staying right to the end, I didn’t care if I passed or not, because I was working at that time. I failed anyway.

I want to do something I enjoy for work, which I’m assuming is easier said than done. There really isn’t much in life I enjoy. I enjoy NRL, Video games, Pop Culture bits and cooking, although the passion for cooking is dying very fast. I’ve thought about streaming (Or Youtube) recently, but the market is so saturated and I don’t have the personality for it, but I think I would enjoy it even if it’s just a hobby which is what it would be.

I feel that I’m both alone and lonely in life which I put down to myself really. Past 10 years or so I’ve pushed people away consistently, my head always tells me “No don’t do that” but I do it anyway. To the point now where nobody messages me, nobody asks me out anywhere. My life is simply wake up, work (My other job), internet (Or just free time in general), work, sleep and repeat. Going to massively contradict myself now by saying that I don’t actually want someone in my life, but I do. I can’t be bothered with people, I don’t want to hang out, I like doing my own thing and beating to my own drum, however there is the occasion (Like tonight and the past few days) where I’ve wanted to go and do something. I'm a massive introvert as well as being quiet, and I think I'm shy too.

The last time I got asked out somewhere was probably an old workmates 21st, must have been 4-5 years ago now. People used to ask me out places, I kept saying no though. It might sound weird, but I don’t really care about other people. I enjoy living in my own bubble, but I know it needs to be popped. Beating to my own drum as I said above.

I’ve tried Tinder, but rarely get matches. I’m not after a 1 night stand, just someone to talk to and do something with would be fine.
    I want to travel, but I don’t have anyone to go with. I’ve thought about going by myself, I think I would prefer this but I know deep down that I wouldn’t even get past the airport.

I had Saturday off work for the first time in a while, it felt good. I felt like a normal person. I treated myself to Fish n Chips, it sounds stupid but I actually felt alive lol. Rather than being at work, I was outside being part of the community, then I got to come home and watch the NRL while it was live J

It’s currently Sunday night. I like Sunday night’s when I get home from work. For me I put music on and it’s a small bit of hope that next week will be different. Setting goals for the week, thinking about what I’m doing etc, it feels good, even though it ends up being the same as the previous week.

Just feels like my life has stopped, well not stopped I’m just at a crossroads where there isn’t much going for it.

Any ideas? I know that realistically I’m the only one that can change anything, posting this up anyway because I want to say something to someone. 

Thanks NRLFF community Smile

TL;DR: New manager(s) at work and now I’m sick of my job. I want to quit but don’t want to be homeless. I have little friends/no partner, which is fine 99% of the time. I want to travel, nobody to go with though, unsure what to do with the rest of my life.

Edit: This is how I feel sometimes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjRRrG8Vr6I

Honestly get a new job, not worth the hassle, more to life and with your experience you will find a job quick smart

Go on a holiday, road trip through America is my plan, 6 to 8 weeks driving from coast to coast...
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:27 am

Go on a contiki trip if you're alone.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:01 am

You're not going to wake up one morning and notice the world is a different place unless you make a change yourself. Start with a holiday and go from there.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:23 am

@Finch

Mate sounds look you need to make a change. New job would be a good start. Quality people in hospitality don't usually find it hard to pick something up. Though if you don't have commitments it might be a good opportunity to try something new.

Also, I reckon it might be worthwhile having a chat with a professional about your feelings. I've done this a number of times over the past few years, and so glad I have. Luckily my work has an Employee Assistance Program which I could use for free. But there's others out there. It was great to just have a chat to someone and then get some practical, impartial tips to help me go forward.

Dip

Post by Dip Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:04 am

I would also suggest talking to someone professionally about your situation. No shame in seeing a psychologist, and they might well help you more than a bunch of guys on an internet forum, since that is what they are professionally trained to do. I think if you get a referral for a mental health plan from your GP they are at least very heavily subsidised.

I am going for my first session with one tomorrow. I'm not feeling depressed or anything, but figured if I recommend people see an accountant before they're broke, and since I have a remedial massage once a month even though I'm not injured, why not give my brain the same care. For me, I just want some help thinking with a clear mind and improving some things I'm not good at mentally.

Make an appointment, walk in proud like you're getting a haircut, and see whether you like it or not. If you don't, all you've lost is an hour of your time and some money telling stuff to someone you don't want others to know, to someone who you know wont tell other people.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:12 am

Dip wrote:I would also suggest talking to someone professionally about your situation. No shame in seeing a psychologist, and they might well help you more than a bunch of guys on an internet forum, since that is what they are professionally trained to do. I think if you get a referral for a mental health plan from your GP they are at least very heavily subsidised.

I am going for my first session with one tomorrow. I'm not feeling depressed or anything, but figured if I recommend people see an accountant before they're broke, and since I have a remedial massage once a month even though I'm not injured, why not give my brain the same care. For me, I just want some help thinking with a clear mind and improving some things I'm not good at mentally.

Make an appointment, walk in proud like you're getting a haircut, and see whether you like it or not. If you don't, all you've lost is an hour of your time and some money telling stuff to someone you don't want others to know, to someone who you know wont tell other people.

Yep, 100% above

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:40 pm