NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together

Welshy
    Welshy

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together  - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together

Post by Welshy Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:05 am

Mulvy wrote:

Should we ignore loads and loads of Data from both Hodgson and the previous Eels hooker and make our decision off one score, from a nothing game in preaseason?

This. Please template

Should we ignore loads and loads of Data from A (insert player) and B previous (club, position) -Note B, not always applicable or required. and make our decision off one score, from a nothing game in preaseason?
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together  - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together

Post by Bethany_B Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:06 am

Chewie wrote:

he's currently in my team

He is very appealing to me but his early draw does not look good - that said Trell can do well against anyone and he has goalkicking to improve his base stats

Might just do it and hope for the best
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:07 am

Krump wrote:
    Warbrick looks built for fantasy.
    Warbrick was named for fantasy.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:09 am

MF wrote:
    RandomSil wrote:

... We need to talk

Can’t hear you from up here at the top mate. Speak up

Why the hell do you have three forwards from the same team with two of them being from the bench?

I don't get the Olakau pick at all it's the same as Carrigan, hoping a high mid guy bumps up to gun status. Like yeah the risk of him doing poorly isnt there but there isn't real upside either. Buy an out and out gun or go for a cheapie mid.

Frizzell see above.

Did Welch even get much of a discount from last year on his price?

R. Smith isn't worth it at all barely averages above his price even with the injuries removed.

No Cleary... Please don't do that to yourself again.

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:09 am

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:So busy today so absolutely no chance to catch up. Apologies if this has been asked, but do you go an 80 min Hodgo or Boyd?

Boyd is more popular here, but Hodgson has a few fans

(I'm looking to run both)
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:09 am

Rabbits21 wrote:

How many 250k guys do you have mate? I have 5, do you think 6 is too many and too risky?

Also if you had to pick a gun would it be a gun hooker or gun FB? If I go Grant I’m running a piss weak back 3 probs Miller CNK and Warbrick
    Too few of the $250k or less, I have 9!
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:10 am

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

this conundrum i am stuck between, can't decide at all,

I know I will hate watching talau be awful, as Ive seen that movie before, at least HSS is somewhat of an unknown,

which ever I end up choosing I will be annoyed

I just relooked at his centre stats and now I'm worried Sad I really wanted Suaali'i at centre but can't risk 4 Roosters after Cheese Ted EButcher
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:10 am

MF wrote:Settled in a team. See you at the finish line

Egan
    Harris Welch Hopgood (c)
    Olakau’atu Frizzell
    DCE Walker
    R Smith Alamoti
    Teddy Perham Warwick

Sutton
    Boyd
    Ford
    Walsh

Doorey
    May
    Preston
    Pele

Oh how you love a POD, and hate a Cleary.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:12 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Aardvark wrote:

Mate, you’ve asked the same question numerous times over the last few days and people have chosen to either answer or not answer. Hounding them is not cool.

This is pretty much the major decision everyone is faced with when putting the finishing touches on their team. .You’ve played a few years now and had a decent finish last year, my advice would be to make that decision yourself based on the info you already have.

Wrong I haven’t hounded them 3 of the 9 I got replies off which was very kind of them and the other 6 blatantly ignored me which I found to be rude and shows they aren’t my mate at all, but I didn’t go hound them. Whenever I get a pm since I’ve been on here I always reply to that person as it’s the right thing to do it’s how I was brought up was to not ignore people. And if I have ignored people as I’m not perfect I will always apologise to that person.

And whoever keeps downvoting me persistently the last 3-4 weeks it’s also not cool. We talk about mental health but do people really care I think some do not and their intention is just to bully sadly. I never would even think of getting around and downvoting a fellow NRL lover and fantasy tragic and you all know I’m passionate about this game.

I have had a big week at work and it’s been a shit week all round but tomorrow I will get more of a chance to look at my team and decide what I do.

Just jumping on this, the downvotes don't actually affect your rep rating. It's like whose line is it anyway, the points don't matter. So don't let that get to you.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:14 am

standard-issue wrote:
    MF wrote:Settled in a team. See you at the finish line

Egan
    Harris Welch Hopgood (c)
    Olakau’atu Frizzell
    DCE Walker
    R Smith Alamoti
    Teddy Perham Warwick

Sutton
    Boyd
    Ford
    Walsh

Doorey
    May
    Preston
    Pele

No don't encourage him, there is a PoD and then there is using an Autofill team.

I love coaching my under 13s soccer team, and when I stomp them in training for fun it feels great. But I don't want to go out there and decimate them in a real game, it would make me feel bad.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:14 am

High expectations of Hopgood, can he really be that good?

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:15 am

RandomSil wrote:

Why the hell do you have three forwards from the same team with two of them being from the bench?

I don't get the Olakau pick at all it's the same as Carrigan, hoping a high mid guy bumps up to gun status. Like yeah the risk of him doing poorly isnt there but there isn't real upside either. Buy an out and out gun or go for a cheapie mid.

Frizzell see above.

Did Welch even get much of a discount from last year on his price?

R. Smith isn't worth it at all barely averages above his price even with the injuries removed.

No Cleary... Please don't do that to yourself again.

Excellent it looks like I have you rattled.

You’re right about the bulldogs forwards I had it in my head Pele was from the sharks fro some reason. I will change that
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:15 am

Looks like a late late night page 51 party... just getting all the jitters out before it all starts later today

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:15 am

standard-issue wrote:

Fuck Cleary
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:16 am

Chewie wrote:High expectations of Hopgood, can he really be that good?

He's not called Hopbad, is he?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:16 am

Tommy Talau is my most expensive CTR. What can go wrong
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:17 am

Can only imagine he's from a long line of men who were fucking brilliant at hopping. Real fantasy pedigree there.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:17 am

I've just put a supercoach and sportsdeck team together. How much more generous is the cap over there?

Bit worried by having 4 roosters and 4 panthers in supercoach, might have to change that before lockout or get punished in the first byes.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:17 am

Welshy wrote:

This. Please template

Should we ignore loads and loads of Data from A (insert player) and B previous (club, position) -Note B, not always applicable or required. and make our decision off one score, from a nothing game in preaseason?
    That's why I don't get the Doorey love. A 28 average as starting EDG is abysmal. Take it up to games >60 mins and his average is 32, even fantasy legend Gosi who no one will ever pick again has a >60 min average of 33.9!
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:18 am

I thought Talau didn't look like he trained the house down?

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 7:49 pm