NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 1 - Just open up already

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 1  - Just open up already - Page 26 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 1 - Just open up already

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:05 pm

Welshy wrote:Can't see the massive upsude in Boyd unless he's bulk kicking? Is he going to be the main guy?

Last few games sample is nice but its small

If he's paired with Foran then he'll likely be bulk kicking and possibly have goalkicking. In that role it's still quite a boring pick but definitely a value one.
    Welshy
    Welshy

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 1  - Just open up already - Page 26 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 1 - Just open up already

Post by Welshy Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:18 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

If he's paired with Foran then he'll likely be bulk kicking and possibly have goalkicking. In that role it's still quite a boring pick but definitely a value one.

I'd def look at him closer if paired with Foran and getting the bulk. But i'd probably expect Foran to not be as passive with general play kicking as he has been with a ultra dominant kicking half like DCE
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:27 pm

Welshy wrote:

I'd def look at him closer if paired with Foran and getting the bulk. But i'd probably expect Foran to not be as passive with general play kicking as he has been with a ultra dominant kicking half like DCE
    I dont remember Foran ever being an in play kicker even when he was away from manly. Hell of a footballer though and I’d expect the people around him to score more and most of the ball to go that way.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:28 pm

Welshy wrote:

Yeah, I mean, Foran is probably value as well. Priced at 30, knocked out 40+ averages when without DCE at the Dogs. Lot of gun options in the halves though.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:03 am

WT2K wrote:

Thought Suaalii would end up at centre this year. No stand out options except for Manu and he certainly has the size for it. Might be able to get him to hang around for a few years on centre money rather than wing money
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:05 am

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

which ones do we think are best at the mo,

doorey, george jennings, and sloan are the only ones with guaranteed roles at the mo

alamoti, isiah katoa, moale, sadrugu, te whare, stone, howarth, luke, blore, trbojevic, nikorima, Haas, AKP, perham etc all seem up for grabs?

I guess i just wait for trials and TLT but i am mighty impatient

Latest news out of Tigers puts me off Blore. With Ipap and Bateman edge that leave Blore with a small minute role off the bench. Doesn't matter too much until team lists but Luke seems to have the most secure role (25-30 minutes off the bench)
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:44 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Latest news out of Tigers puts me off Blore. With Ipap and Bateman edge that leave Blore with a small minute role off the bench. Doesn't matter too much until team lists but Luke seems to have the most secure role (25-30 minutes off the bench)

Half hoping panthers use the hookers as kenny for 20mins or so for the tough stuff, then Luke for the rest and kenny back on to cover the middle (aware this is a pipe dream for fantasy players)
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:50 am

Can anyone explain this to me?
    I thought that setting the new salary cap effectively set the pay scales for the players. What are they wanting now?
    Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

Post by Lemmy KGB Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:14 am

code delta wrote:

Ours also broke last week. Brought a smart TV that is not really proving to smart.Sad  

Wang an Apple TV on her mate.
    Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

Post by Lemmy KGB Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:21 am

Centres pretty easy TBH

Bulldogs cheapie
    Tommy T (EMG)
    Avo (if FB)
    Hammer
    Lchy
    Lchy

Post by Lchy Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:37 am

mattnz wrote:Can anyone explain this to me?
    I thought that setting the new salary cap effectively set the pay scales for the players. What are they wanting now?

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/stars-warn-the-nrl-to-sort-out-the-cba-claim-nrlw-players-are-victims-of-mess/news-story/0793406bad288374ed81c9f0e26f59fc

Basically the RLPA weren't consulted by the NRL before they released the new cap, and Abdo and PVL thought giving them a raise would keep them happy and shut them up
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:15 am

Lemmy KGB wrote:Centres pretty easy TBH

Bulldogs cheapie
    Tommy T (EMG)
    Avo (if FB)
    Hammer

Sounds like Avo is not going to be fullback, which means there is no Bulldogs cheapie in the CTRs.

Not sure if Hammer will get fullback, with Niu coming across. Last season Niu was a fullback and Hammer wasn't, (dropped after 4 rounds)

You probably don't want Talau in your playing 17.

Not so simple.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:51 am

Thought I'd chuck up my pre-TLT thoughts RE team set-up.
    The biggest issue for mine this year is the rolling byes - a trade-whore like me is just asking to go silly and run out quick-sticks.
    I figured you really have to avoid more than 3 players per team to ensure coverage (hoping for minimal long-term injuries and suspensions as well). This helps with choosing between two similar price/points/role players, if you already have a couple of players from one team, then select the other for balance and avoiding bye headaches.
    This will be the play until the teams who complete their byes early are available, then you want to load up on the premium guns.

So, without an actual draft set, I put together a table with team / player / position etc. to offer options in similar price ranges.

Some of the players are doubled-up as they basically are interchangeable. Eg. D.Fifi & Fermor, Teddy/Manu, Garner/Hoskings, I.Pap/Batman etc.
    A couple of the teams have more than 3 options, so I added an extra Middie column.

Team Gun               2nd choice             Middie option.      2nd Middie                Cash-cow
    Broncos Haas - Mid       Carrigan - Mid     Walsh - WFB       Walters–Hlf/Hok Paix – Hok/Hlf
    Bulldogs     Burton - Hlf.   Mahoney - Hok     RFM - Edg                         Alamonti - Cnt
    Cowboys Cotter - Mid     Nanai - Edg           Robson – Hok                 Sadrugu - WFB
    Dolphins Gilbert-Mid/Edg Hammer-Cnt/WFB. Foran - Hlf                         Stone - Mid
    Dragons Bird-Edge/Cnt BHunt - Hlf     Liddle - Hok                         Sloan - WFB
    Eels         Matterson - Edg Hodgson - Hok     Hopgood - Edg                 Doorey - Edg
    Knights AElliot - Mid Hastings - Hlf     Ponga – Hlf/WFB JHetho - Mid Miller - WFB
    Panthers Chin - Hlf         Yeo - Mid             Garner/Hosking Edg                 Soni - Hok    
    Rabbits Murray - Mid Cook - Hok            Latrell - WFB I.Thompson-Cnt
    Raiders Tapine  - Mid Young - Edg     Savage - WFB                 Hola - Mid
    Roosters Teddy-WFB /      Angus - Edg     Cheese - Mid/Hok Hutchison – Hok/Hlf
                    Manu Cnt/WFB
    Sea Eagles DCE - Hlf       Turbo - WFB          Tuilagi - Edg       Schuster–Hlf/Edg Burbo–Edg/Cnt
    Sharks Hynes -  Hlf.     McInnes - Mid     Wilton - Edg                         Trindall - Hlf
    Storm Munster - Hlf     Grant  - Hok     Pappy – WFB /    E.Katoa - Edg G.Jennings - WFB
                                                                        Meaney - WFB
    Tigers I.Pap - Edg /     Koro - Hok            Doueihi - Hlf       Talau - Cnt
                  Batman - Edg
    Titans D.Fifi - Edg /     Tino - Mid           Clark - Hok/Mid     Boyd – Hok/Hlf AKP - WFB
                    Fermor - Edg
    Warriors Tohu - Mid       Curran - Edg     Niukore - Mid       CNK - WFB       TMM – Hlf/WFB
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:56 am

The Bludger#2 wrote:Thought I'd chuck up my pre-TLT thoughts RE team set-up.
    The biggest issue for mine this year is the rolling byes - a trade-whore like me is just asking to go silly and run out quick-sticks.
    I figured you really have to avoid more than 3 players per team to ensure coverage (hoping for minimal long-term injuries and suspensions as well). This helps with choosing between two similar price/points/role players, if you already have a couple of players from one team, then select the other for balance and avoiding bye headaches.
    This will be the play until the teams who complete their byes early are available, then you want to load up on the premium guns.

So, without an actual draft set, I put together a table with team / player / position etc. to offer options in similar price ranges.

Some of the players are doubled-up as they basically are interchangeable. Eg. D.Fifi & Fermor, Teddy/Manu, Garner/Hoskings, I.Pap/Batman etc.
    A couple of the teams have more than 3 options, so I added an extra Middie column.

Team           Gun                 2nd choice             Middie option.      2nd Middie                Cash-cow
    Broncos       Haas - Mid        Carrigan - Mid        Walsh - WFB       Walters–Hlf/Hok     Paix – Hok/Hlf
    Bulldogs       Burton - Hlf.     Mahoney - Hok       RFM - Edg                                       Alamonti - Cnt
    Cowboys      Cotter - Mid      Nanai - Edg           Robson – Hok                                  Sadrugu - WFB
    Dolphins      Gilbert-Mid/Edg Hammer-Cnt/WFB. Foran - Hlf                                       Stone - Mid
    Dragons       Bird-Edge/Cnt   BHunt - Hlf            Liddle - Hok                                     Sloan - WFB
    Eels             Matterson - Edg Hodgson - Hok       Hopgood - Edg                                Doorey - Edg
    Knights        AElliot - Mid       Hastings - Hlf        Ponga – Hlf/WFB  JHetho - Mid          Miller - WFB
    Panthers      Chin - Hlf           Yeo - Mid              Garner/Hosking Edg                         Soni - Hok    
    Rabbits        Murray - Mid      Cook - Hok            Latrell - WFB                                   I.Thompson-Cnt    
    Raiders        Tapine  - Mid      Young - Edg          Savage - WFB                                  Hola - Mid
    Roosters       Teddy-WFB /      Angus - Edg         Cheese - Mid/Hok                             Hutchison – Hok/Hlf
                       Manu Cnt/WFB
    Sea Eagles    DCE - Hlf           Turbo - WFB          Tuilagi - Edg       Schuster–Hlf/Edg  Burbo–Edg/Cnt
    Sharks          Hynes -  Hlf.      McInnes - Mid       Wilton - Edg                                   Trindall - Hlf
    Storm           Munster - Hlf     Grant  - Hok          Pappy – WFB /    E.Katoa - Edg        G.Jennings - WFB
                                                                           Meaney - WFB
    Tigers           I.Pap - Edg /      Koro - Hok            Doueihi - Hlf                                   Talau - Cnt
                        Batman - Edg
    Titans           D.Fifi - Edg /      Tino - Mid            Clark - Hok/Mid     Boyd – Hok/Hlf     AKP - WFB
                        Fermor - Edg
    Warriors        Tohu - Mid        Curran - Edg         Niukore - Mid       CNK - WFB            TMM – Hlf/WFB

This lines up much better when you go to quote it.

Note that Foran is at Titans, not Dolphins.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:11 am

mattnz wrote:

This lines up much better when you go to quote it.

Note that Foran is at Titans, not Dolphins.

Cheers.
    I tried to import the table as a PDF but couldn't get the system to work.
    #ludite
    You are correct - Titans it is. Still pretty low on my list of options for 2nd half though.
    I'm running the Chin over Hynes as my uber-gun C. I just feel that Hynes had a career best season and wonder if teams may start working him out.
    The Chin has been doing this for a couple of years now. The other premium gun I'm running is Teddy - I just hate not owning him when he goes large and I think the Roosters are going to be the team to challenge the Panthers this year.
    There's a lot of value in Mids and Edge, the backs are pretty slim though.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:13 am

I assumed Niu would play centre tbh.

The thought of Milford and Niu defending beside each other is pretty fucking lol.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:14 am

Anyone else trying to figure out Savage vs. Walsh vs. Ponga vs. Miller (assuming he signs with the Knights) as 2nd WFB?
    Someone want to crunch numbers and tell me who is going to make the transition up to sub-gun status and make me some coin while putting up 45+ scores on the weekly?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:34 am

my tv broke wrote:I assumed Niu would play centre tbh.

The thought of Milford and Niu defending beside each other is pretty fucking lol.

Note that the team selector at footystats doesn't include Dolphins, so you can't select their players that way.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:42 am

I'm pretty sus on Ponga until I see how the positional switch works. But falling back on the old 'buy good footballers' paradigm makes sense to me. On that basis I'd go Ponga&|Walsh > Miller||Savage.

Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:19 pm

Personally not touching any of Ponga, Walsh, Miller or Savage at this stage. I feel like it will be clear after a couple of rounds who to bring in, and no doubt I'll have a failing gun/subgun that I can trade out to facilitate if needed.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 11:48 pm