NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 1 - Just open up already

Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 1  - Just open up already - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 1 - Just open up already

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:13 pm

Genderbender wrote:

Savage price is tempting, but with the Raiders having the top 3 teams in the first 5 rounds I think I’ll be steering clear of their backs.
    They have Dolphins and Knights in first 5 games. Raiders tend to go well against Cronulla in Canberra I think. Then yes Penrith and Cows. But round 6 they have Broncos then Dragons then bye then Dolphins again. It’s not an easy start but not hard.

On CNK Warriors draw is hard the first 8-10 weeks. Do we think he’s gonna be relevant or a trap?

For my gun mid I am looking at one of Cotter, Tapine or Carrigan.
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 1  - Just open up already - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 1 - Just open up already

Post by Moanaman Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:21 pm

@ Tigers fans, who's on the other edge from IPap?

Edit: Nope, nothing to see here, I thought it was next year......
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:45 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    They have Dolphins and Knights in first 5 games. Raiders tend to go well against Cronulla in Canberra I think. Then yes Penrith and Cows. But round 6 they have Broncos then Dragons then bye then Dolphins again. It’s not an easy start but not hard.

On CNK Warriors draw is hard the first 8-10 weeks. Do we think he’s gonna be relevant or a trap?

For my gun mid I am looking at one of Cotter, Tapine or Carrigan.

Tapine historically starts slow, I wouldn't buy him to start, but he's one you want before the Origin period (ideally at about round 9-10, the Raiders have a bye in round Cool

I would personally pick Carrigan over Cotter but they're probably about even, Carrigan is just cheaper. That said I am considering downgrading to Gilbert and running him, Cheese and Barnett as my three MIDs
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:11 am

Bethany_B wrote:

Tapine historically starts slow, I wouldn't buy him to start, but he's one you want before the Origin period (ideally at about round 9-10, the Raiders have a bye in round Cool

I would personally pick Carrigan over Cotter but they're probably about even, Carrigan is just cheaper. That said I am considering downgrading to Gilbert and running him, Cheese and Barnett as my three MIDs
    Hmmm no Elliot or Sutton could mean more mins for Tapine.

Who you want at hooker?

By the way if you start with Teddy please hold him all year in the end his overall avg will make it worthwhile.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:15 am

I'm liking Gilbert taking on a large role at the Dolphins, will be plenty of work for him

Priced at 40, averaged 46 playing 60+ minutes, needs to push that to 50 to make him viable and he's also dual
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:25 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Its January, and all 2023 talk now, so lets get the new threads going

a longer wait for the first page 51 party of the year sigh! Rolling Eyes
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:32 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Avg 56.7 in 2021 second row with Knights and 54.8 second row for Knights last season in games over 65mins.

You would expect he would drop a bit at Warriors but if GK he could avg low 50’s priced at 43ish I think. I’m keen on Adam Elliot at that price range too but he’s not got the DPP.

Why tho?
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:40 am

Happy new year people, cannot get in the app yet, frustration
    Lchy
    Lchy

Post by Lchy Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:40 am

Welshy wrote:I'm liking Gilbert taking on a large role at the Dolphins, will be plenty of work for him

Priced at 40, averaged 46 playing 60+ minutes, needs to push that to 50 to make him viable and he's also dual

Good shout, I do love watching him play

And I do think he could be viable even if there's only 6 pts of upside. He can fill a MID3 spot (assuming Gun/Cheese are your first two which I imagine a lot of people will go with) which can be notoriously tricky to find reliable scorers in early rounds. Plus there will always be cash cows in your team that make $250k+ worth of gains, so even if Gilbert makes less than 150k on average you're ahead of cash gen. Or you can trade him to a bottomed out keeper.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:00 am

Thoughts on Burton this year? Can he go to the next level and match Cleary and Hynes?
    Bulldogs should be better this season and with Kikau now outside him you'd expect them to attack even more down his edge.
    Im not 100% convinced about Hastings yet. With Ponga at 6 does he take too much ball away from Hastings? Id be more keen on Hastings if Ponga stays at fullback.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:06 am

Welshy wrote:I'm liking Gilbert taking on a large role at the Dolphins, will be plenty of work for him

Yeah could Gilbert be that midrange MID that turns out to be a keeper. There is atleast one every year. Think Joe O last year, iPap the year before that and Yeo the year before that.
    Trouble is that player normally flies under the radar in preseason.
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:15 am

Honey Badger wrote:Thoughts on Burton this year? Can he go to the next level and match Cleary and Hynes?
    Bulldogs should be better this season and with Kikau now outside him you'd expect them to attack even more down his edge.
    Im not 100% convinced about Hastings yet. With Ponga at 6 does he take too much ball away from Hastings? Id be more keen on Hastings if Ponga stays at fullback.

Personally haven't considered Burton too much. Personally just see more value elsewhere. One of which is Hastings.

With Hastings I think Ponga at 6 makes him more intriguing. He will dominate the controlling aspect of the game and let ponga do ponga things. I would compare it to a Hynes, Cleary, potentially SJ ROLE this year (not saying points or average) just style of play which generally translates to fantasy where all KMs will go to him and the teams direction + GK I would assume. Expecting a very solid floor from Hastings and looking at last years stats at 7 he loves running the ball as well and touches the ball the most out of any half in the comp. Decently small sample size last year while he was healthy but it is enough to make me want him this year.
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:18 am

How are you expecting them to line up, I am just unsure about what their rotation looks like and whether he gets enough mins.
    Jasonb-pt
    Jasonb-pt

Post by Jasonb-pt Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:24 am

I see huge pod potential in horsburgh this year if he starts at lock. And why isn’t anyone talking about hosking at the panthers? One of my first picked if starting edge, and even if its garner its only 1k difference
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:30 am

Jasonb-pt wrote:I see huge pod potential in horsburgh this year if he starts at lock. And why isn’t anyone talking about hosking at the panthers? One of my first picked if starting edge, and even if its garner its only 1k difference

For me because no matter what people say I'll grab whoever starts so don't need to ask about it sort of thing. I think Garner will get the spot but as you said it doesnt really matter only 1k difference

Raiders 13 will be interesting. any word from anyone on a front runner? CHN Horse ... From fantasy perspective it has to be Mooney right Beer
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:32 am

Chewie wrote:

a longer wait for the first page 51 party of the year sigh! Rolling Eyes

Waning is the force
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:36 am

Honey Badger wrote:

Yeah could Gilbert be that midrange MID that turns out to be a keeper. There is atleast one every year. Think Joe O last year, iPap the year before that and Yeo the year before that.
    Trouble is that player normally flies under the radar in preseason.

I think Gilbert probably gets the Bennett treatment, around 60 mins. Bennett is a classic for rotating the middles.
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:40 am

my tv broke wrote:

I think Gilbert probably gets the Bennett treatment, around 60 mins. Bennett is a classic for rotating the middles.

Was thinking the same, its a stacked position and he wont get the 20 mins start on edge anymore.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:47 am

Honey Badger wrote:Thoughts on Burton this year? Can he go to the next level and match Cleary and Hynes?

He had a pretty slow start last year that could be an anomaly (first season at new club, new role, bad coach combined with tough draw) and may mean he's got a bit of value.

You'd imagine the rep experience should help his performance/ consistency, and an improved team around him is a plus.
    If I can make it work, then I'll probably gamble on him pushing up towards a 60 average.
    Showbag
    Showbag

Post by Showbag Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:15 pm

Happy New Year, ready for another cracking season. When did the fantasy app get up and running?

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:24 am