NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 64 - Origin aftermath

Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 64 - Origin aftermath - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 64 - Origin aftermath

Post by Bethany_B Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:30 pm

How does this look for a final team? (this is if I go ahead with Avo/Mam to Ola/Booth and then go Ramsey to Mitchell next week, which I have enough money to do)

Cook
    Ipap Matto Angus
    Ola Elliott
    Cleary Munster
    Burton Mulitalo
    Hynes Papy Mitchell

Moses MKing RFM May

Koula Palasia Booth Vailea
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 64 - Origin aftermath - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 64 - Origin aftermath

Post by easytiger Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:32 pm

Here's some bonus stuff for all the lovely bye-round people;

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t1976p100-lord-of-the-byes-2#638735
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:00 pm

OZtag is a killer for mallet finger.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:15 pm

Fortitude wrote:OZtag is a killer for mallet finger.

Mine was simply trying to catch a football.

Although I was on water skis at the time..
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:24 pm

Not a real fan of Luai, but the sport needs it's unpopular characters.  Otherwise we just got a boring bunch of robots saying all nice things.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:35 pm

Khany wrote:Not a real fan of Luai, but the sport needs it's unpopular characters.  Otherwise we just got a boring bunch of robots saying all nice things.

Absolutely, it's not like he has behaved as badly as some of the players we have seen appear in court over the last few years....he' just a bit of an itchy prick who rubs people up the wrong way
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:37 pm

Khany wrote:Not a real fan of Luai, but the sport needs it's unpopular characters.  Otherwise we just got a boring bunch of robots saying all nice things.

Pretty much the only reason I like Kyrgios.

I still think luai is a clown. But I’d rather talk to him than that boring robot, sterile flog Cronk.
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:44 pm

You just know karma will eventually come knocking, so be prepared to take your medicine
    Lchy
    Lchy

Post by Lchy Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:17 pm

Bit of a post Origin rant, but I hate how much negativity I've seen around the traps this morning (not on here, just in general)

We just watched one of the all time games of footy, but every headline is saying how Penrith let down the state and every discussion is wannabe selectors talking about how Talakai and Crichton singlehandedly gave Qld the shield. Both teams threw absolutely everything at each other for 80 minutes straight and one team came out on top. We should be celebrating storylines like the player of the series coming off an ACL reconstruction, or the same media that tore down Ben Hunt after the 2015 grand final should be celebrating his 40/20 and runaway try to clinch an Origin win.

We are better off as fans for witnessing that absolute exhibition of the best game on the planet but instead everybody wants to have a whinge. Just shits me off is all. Well played Queensland ya two headed toads
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:32 pm

Lchy wrote:Bit of a post Origin rant, but I hate how much negativity I've seen around the traps this morning (not on here, just in general)

We just watched one of the all time games of footy, but every headline is saying how Penrith let down the state and every discussion is wannabe selectors talking about how Talakai and Crichton singlehandedly gave Qld the shield. Both teams threw absolutely everything at each other for 80 minutes straight and one team came out on top. We should be celebrating storylines like the player of the series coming off an ACL reconstruction, or the same media that tore down Ben Hunt after the 2015 grand final should be celebrating his 40/20 and runaway try to clinch an Origin win.

We are better off as fans for witnessing that absolute exhibition of the best game on the planet but instead everybody wants to have a whinge. Just shits me off is all. Well played Queensland ya two headed toads

Well said mate.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:40 pm

Lchy wrote:Bit of a post Origin rant, but I hate how much negativity I've seen around the traps this morning (not on here, just in general)

Its been said before, but one of the issues is the Ch9 commentary. They spend as much time bad mouthing the refs as talking about how good things are. Every 2nd time Joey or Vuatin open their mouths is to complain about a refs interpretation. Just imagine how much more positive people would be if they actually talked up the game.

As for the actual game, can't blame any one individual for it. A whole bunch of NSW players made a series of errors coming out of their own half which put them under more defensive pressure than they could handle It was no 1 individuals fault (other than to say it clearly wasn't Teddy's fault - he was immense for NSW)
    Some of those errors were forced by QLD pressure, but in my opinion there were multiple unforced errors that cost the game, and that's what stops it from being one of the truly great origins, even though it was still an excellent game.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:46 pm

I’m watching the game now, just got to the bit where Joey trashes the officials for calling a clearly forward pass forward. Comedy gold.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:47 pm

robelgordo wrote:I’m watching the game now, just got to the bit where Joey trashes the officials for calling a clearly forward pass forward. Comedy gold.

That was bonkers, but only the beginning of his nonsense
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:49 pm

You’d think that owning media rights to a sport would want to make you, promote it, rather than tear it down all the time. Shooting themselves in the foot.

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:53 pm

Fortitude wrote:

You’d think that owning media rights to a sport would want to make you, promote it, rather than tear it down all the time. Shooting themselves in the foot.

It’s been like this forever. It’s hard to think of another major broadcaster that treats a prize asset so shabbily, or a sport that allows it. Someone like Gould may have had insight and a point sometime 20 years ago but is now a parody of a commentator. And this is who all these ex-footy players in the comm booth, selected entirely on stature as a player rather than ability to talk about footy, model themselves.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:55 pm

I wonder if someone has done a welfare check on Andrew Johns today.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:09 pm

I know it ultimately doesn’t matter, but LOL at Gagai costing Qld a try by fighting. I’d missed that detail until watching it now.

Everyone knows you start fights defending not attacking, and when you’re not on top of the game.

Wonder what the penalty would’ve been if that all happened in clubland? Luckily nobody called anyone a cheat
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:13 pm

When i undoubtedly rewatch it I’m gonna look for these nanai missed tackles, think his style of hitting and rushing just accumulates these cos he stood up massively in defence, not to mention his offloads and line break assists- he’s a weapon at 19
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:13 pm

I think the story of Talakai and his personal career trajectory is immense, it's a shame the casuals will remember the errors last night over where he has come from and his impact on the game this year. I'll pad up for him anytime.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:15 pm

robelgordo wrote:I know it ultimately doesn’t matter, but LOL at Gagai costing Qld a try by fighting. I’d missed that detail until watching it now.

Everyone knows you start fights defending not attacking, and when you’re not on top of the game.

Wonder what the penalty would’ve been if that all happened in clubland? Luckily nobody called anyone a cheat

I grabbed Cheese last week with that game and this week in mind Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad not happy Jan.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 6:54 pm