NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 - Part 61 - Joey, Bedsy, Chief, Edrick

Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

NRL Fantasy 2022 - Part 61 - Joey, Bedsy, Chief, Edrick - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 - Part 61 - Joey, Bedsy, Chief, Edrick

Post by Pookus McFly Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:51 pm

wolfking wrote:

Thanks mate.  Keen on your moves this week too.

Yeah, Ofa has flown under the radar and I keep thinking maybe he's the flavour of the week but then you just have to look at his scores.  The bench certainly helps him too.

Not too sure on Pap but I think he'll be heavily traded in so can't miss the big scores.  Could wait for Ted I guess.

I fear Ted. I have three keeper WFB and im still considering bringing in Ted after origin due to FOMO.

This week im probably bringing in either Matterson or Ofa, or Matterson and Ofa. I will trade out Jackson and/or Ming/Tohu/Elliott
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 - Part 61 - Joey, Bedsy, Chief, Edrick - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 - Part 61 - Joey, Bedsy, Chief, Edrick

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:53 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:Any Elliot holders wanna talk holding Elliott? I had slated him for a R17 trade to Ofa but he has been so damn good lately its given my pause to wonder if it isnt backwards. Its pretty worrying that he went back to the bench and played sub 50 minutes though. He had the perfect fantasy game to make that 61 happen, but im not sure he can keep that up every week if the role remains the same. I think he will ultimately prove to be a sell, but the kid is just built for fantasy and its hard to turf him when he’a playing like a man possessed

I'm an Elliott holder and holding Elliott. Was it that much of a "perfect fantasy game"? No try involvements or turnovers, two offloads from a guy who can offload in a team that offloads a lot. Doesn't seem that out of the ordinary.

Of course I'd prefer him to start and play 60 than be bench and play 50, but it seemed they didn't want all of Taps, Papa and Elliott off at the same time. Rotation could change to Papa on the bench or whatever. Yes, I'd had him slated as someone who could get me through Rnd 13 and be a trade now, but averaging 66.5 through the byes has been more than enough to change my mind.

I know you've got a really good squad and are searching for people to trade, but Elliott wouldn't be it for me. *edit* I see you're choosing between trading out Ming, Tohu and Elliott. Ming by miles.

Last edited by rhinoceroo on Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:56 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

I fear Ted. I have three keeper WFB and im still considering bringing in Ted after origin due to FOMO.

This week im probably bringing in either Matterson or Ofa, or Matterson and Ofa. I will trade out Jackson and/or Ming/Tohu/Elliott

Would you go Matterson and Ofa, if it means giving up on Murray?
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:03 pm

Trades this week:
    Ming > Barnet
    Nanai > Pap
    Kiraz > Pole
    $208k ITB

3 (+4) trades for the run home.

Leaves me with.
    Grant
    Barnet / I. Pap / Pole
    Frizell / Angus
    Moses / Mam
    Burton / B.Lee
    Pappy / Hynes / Teddy
    Tohu / Elliott / Lolo / Robson
    To'o / Koula / Chin / Avo

Tohu / Elliott / Lolo on the block for Haas or Murray post-SOO.

Thoughts?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:05 pm

Only wanted Mahoney as he is hooker cover and should get me a 50 for the bye and potenial for more. Was hoping for a purple patch few weeks and going to Haas on return
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:09 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

I'm an Elliott holder and holding Elliott. Was it that much of a "perfect fantasy game"? No try involvements or turnovers, two offloads from a guy who can offload in a team that offloads a lot. Doesn't seem that out of the ordinary.

Of course I'd prefer him to start and play 60 than be bench and play 50, but it seemed they didn't want all of Taps, Papa and Elliott off at the same time. Rotation could change to Papa on the bench or whatever. Yes, I'd had him slated as someone who could get me through Rnd 13 and be a trade now, but averaging 66.5 through the byes has been more than enough to change my mind.

I know you've got a really good squad and are searching for people to trade, but Elliott wouldn't be it for me.

Appreciate the advice. He really is such an easy hold, maybe I am just chasing bye round numbers too hard. I also need to get more flexible when it comes to breaking my own fantasy plans Laugh 3

Perhaps “perfect fantasy game” is a touch of hyperbole, although I think he did get a turnover in there somewhere, I more meant he got in on both the TBs and OLs to add to a good base and didnt have a single negative stat.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:12 pm

Shady2K wrote:

Would you go Matterson and Ofa, if it means giving up on Murray?
    I would definitely give up one to chase Murray. This isnt advice, I just have a huge crush on him and I play fantasy with my heart Love
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:14 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

Appreciate the advice. He really is such an easy hold, maybe I am just chasing bye round numbers too hard. I also need to get more flexible when it comes to breaking my own fantasy plans Laugh 3

Perhaps “perfect fantasy game” is a touch of hyperbole, although I think he did get a turnover in there somewhere, I more meant he got in on both the TBs and OLs to add to a good base and didnt have a single negative stat.

I am also holding Elliot,

Turfed max king and Angus Crichton instead of him this week,

Elliots form is irresistible

Crichton is over priced and allows me to upgrade wfb to papy,

King super consistent, but doesn’t have the ceiling of Elliot and the dual position

Elliot continues keeper scores, and Ricky trusts him, Canberra need to win games so I see his minutes stayin long

Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:21 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

I am also holding Elliot,

Turfed max king and Angus Crichton instead of him this week,

Elliots form is irresistible

Crichton is over priced and allows me to upgrade wfb to papy,

King super consistent, but doesn’t have the ceiling of Elliot and the dual position

Elliot continues keeper scores, and Ricky trusts him, Canberra need to win games so I see his minutes stayin long

See this is interesting, I had slated Crangus as a nailed on keeper for me and had no intentions of trading him out. He’s had two 50s and five 60’s in the 8 games before the binning, and STILL hasnt scored a try in all that. Ming is likely a sell soon, but im mildly curious to see what TPJ’s absence does for him first.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:30 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

Hey Pookus,
    thoughts on Barnet (+$200k) or Offa as Rd.17 middle?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:31 pm

Ming is an easy out for me.

I am tossing between Crichton or Harris as a trade out though. Funny, I too am not considering trading Elliot out at all. Trading a Harris or Crichton over him though seems bonkers but he's as you say 'built for fantasy.'
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:32 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:
    Hey Pookus,

I'm not Pookus but I regret my Barnett trade In last week.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:33 pm

wolfking wrote:

I'm not Pookus but I regret my Barnett trade In last week.
    Yeah. The price is juicy, but I just don't trust Knights forwards (besides Klem).

EDIT: Anyone think Koala is a decent shout for Rd.17 and then reserve for the run home? 
    $648k, Ave:48
    Last 3 ave = 59
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:53 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:
    Hey Pookus,

Like Wolfie, I brought him in recently and have some buyers remorse, probably a trade I didnt need to push in hindsight. He is super cheap, and might be a borderline keeper but Ofa the better lock for a final 17. As always, it probably depends what you do with the $200k
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:56 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

Like Wolfie, I brought him in recently and have some buyers remorse, probably a trade I didnt need to push in hindsight. He is super cheap, and might be a borderline keeper but Ofa the better lock for a final 17. As always, it probably depends what you do with the $200k
    I'm leaning towards Koala at Edge (made the suggestion above).
    Leaves me $152k ITB for Haas / Murray post-SOO.

My only worry is getting a 2nd gun centre. Aitken was on the cards, but his price while playing in the centres just doesn't seem value.
    I picked up Bird las year and swore off him, nut playing Edge with DPP sure is tempting.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:03 pm

If anyone (read: Matt) wants a fresh spicy POD, might I propose the elite superstar Marion Seve? Reimis is now out for the year, and Seve is a protected species so he'll never get dropped, and he's actually scored alright despite being an absolute liability in defence
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:11 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

See this is interesting, I had slated Crangus as a nailed on keeper for me and had no intentions of trading him out. He’s had two 50s and five 60’s in the 8 games before the binning, and STILL hasnt scored a try in all that. Ming is likely a sell soon, but im mildly curious to see what TPJ’s absence does for him first.

I can see arguments for Crichton as a keeper, I just have lots of mids and edge and needed to improve wfb,

I think I only went Elliot over Angus as I prefer watching Elliot and thing he scores more, my analysis on this is very gut an superficial

Loving Elliot
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:20 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

Well then I demand to know what conclusion you came to in your Ofa vs Matterson debarkle! Laugh 3

Edit:
    Allow me to enlighten you with my own glass-half-empty views on these two, laced with the usual pessimistic undertones that expresses how I don’t really like any trade, ever.

Short of BA continuing to fiddle- I think Matterson takes the lock position for the remainder of the season. He is going to be a gun either way, but does starting encourage him to offload less for his first stint?, he hasnt played the role much this season, does this affect his scoring enough that it doesnt justify the 65 point price tag when 50-55 just wont cut it? He is not a slam dunk.

Ofa is also no certainty and he has a poor score in him when he doesnt get the huge minutes. If Twal was confirmed out for the season it would be more encouraging, but if a big minute sponge like that comes into the side and Ofa goes back to playing 60 minutes then he may not even be a keeper.

So Matterson probably has the security of being a keeper no matter what, which is is a pretty big deal. The 100k is nothing to be dismissed though. I could burn worlds with that extra 100k. Its the difference between doing Aitken>Tedesco and not chasing Tedesco at all.

Well I do like the fact that Matterson's scores come from attacking stats. Not that I've watched Ofa closely this year but his scores remind me of Josh Jackson's last year. Kind of just plods his way to gun scores by virtue of the fact he just tackles and runs for 65 minutes a week.

Doesn't matter how the scores come I guess but I do like the fact that Matto can go better than better than 1PPM in 50 minutes whereas Ofa really needs all 70 of his minutes to get to 50+ sometimes.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:41 pm

Kinda wish Kiraz was DPP. Holding both him and Koula seems redundant. At least it will make it easier to move him on once he's peaked I guess.

Anyone considering Ponga to Teddy next week?
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:52 am

The Bludger#2 wrote:
    I'm leaning towards Koala at Edge (made the suggestion above).
    Leaves me $152k ITB for Haas / Murray post-SOO.

My only worry is getting a 2nd gun centre. Aitken was on the cards, but his price while playing in the centres just doesn't seem value.
    I picked up Bird las year and swore off him, nut playing Edge with DPP sure is tempting.

Thinking the same way, Ming > Koala

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 5:00 am