NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 10

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 10 - Page 39 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 10

Post by No Worries Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:35 am

WORD is that Issac Luke won’t be playing anywhere near the full 80 minutes for the Warriors against the Tigers tomorrow due to lack of match fitness.

Luke joined the Warriors after the summer break several kilos heavier than last year and still hasn’t quite shed all the extra weight.

That’s why coach Andrew McFadden named rookie Nathaniel Roache on the bench and he’s expected to get at least 20 minutes of action.
    bluetige
    bluetige

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 10 - Page 39 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 10

Post by bluetige Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:36 am

Thats a great Avatar Your Name, Mango's is pretty good too
    mango
    mango

Post by mango Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:41 am

Looks like I missed a lot of the fun over the last couple of days, been busy with other commitments so haven't spent much time online.

I watched the game last night, Oates had a blinder Shocked as well as a few other solid performances from both sides.

Bronco's look set for a big season, they'll be hard to beat.

Oh, and how good was that bunker, would love a man cave like that Very Happy
    Sashamaloo
    Sashamaloo

Post by Sashamaloo Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:42 am

Speedball Deluxe wrote:Was watching nrl 360 last night and toovey reckoned DCE average carries of 43 per game with Foran at 5/8 will definitely increase, but we could all have guessed that, but interestingly he said he would need to improve his organisational play a bit without Foran there. Not fantasy relevant but thought was interesting.

I have coached DCE in touch football when he was 15. This was for the Capricornia team in the Qld State titles.

For those that know touch football, it has almost regimented plays of where people should be running. Every play in a set of 6 is designed and called by the coach and then captain on the field. Anyway, DCE, despite his football skills just couldn't get the gist of the plays, and kept being in the wrong place. We got bundled out in the Quarter finals, but had to play for a plate or some other nonsense trophy.

I couldn't be bothered having set plays and just said to the boys throw the ball around have some fun....... With no structure DCE just killed it, He was amazing, I have never seen somebody just dominate on a touch field. .maybe I should have recognised it earlier and we would have done better.

So the comment by Toovey doesn't surprise me at all
    DCE hopeless when playing to a structure (think state of origin performances)
    Awesome when given a license to do whatever he wants and play what is in front of him
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:46 am

bluetige wrote:Thats a great Avatar Your Name, Mango's is pretty good too

Finally my bet with Welshy is over and I can go back to having Laurie
    mango
    mango

Post by mango Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:47 am

SI wrote:
    Exactly.  We've got Rankin and Sironen in the 13 but apparently Lawrence is next best to fit into the halves  lol!  .

As long as he doesn't do what he did last year and put Lovett in the centre's.
    mango
    mango

Post by mango Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:58 am

Just reading the "The Late Mail" there is talk that ET may play NSW Cup and James Fisher-Harris could debut, doesn't sound confirmed though.
    Speedball Deluxe
    Speedball Deluxe

Post by Speedball Deluxe Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:59 am

Sashamaloo wrote:

I have coached DCE in touch football when he was 15. This was for the Capricornia team in the Qld State titles.

For those that know touch football, it has almost regimented plays of where people should be running. Every play in a set of 6 is designed and called by the coach and then captain on the field. Anyway, DCE, despite his football skills just couldn't get the gist of the plays, and kept being in the wrong place. We got bundled out in the Quarter finals, but had to play for a plate or some other nonsense trophy.

I couldn't be bothered having set plays and just said to the boys throw the ball around have some fun....... With no structure DCE just killed it, He was amazing, I have never seen somebody just dominate on a touch field. .maybe I should have recognised it earlier and we would have done better.

Awesome when given a license to do whatever he wants and play what is in front of him

Great insight mate, and a good read! Wonder how Barrett trys to manage DCE given this.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:02 pm

mango wrote:Just reading the "The Late Mail" there is talk that ET may play NSW Cup and James Fisher-Harris could debut, doesn't sound confirmed though.

Fisher Harris has posted on facebook that he will be making his debut tomorrow.

So either he is telling porkies or ET (or someone) will drop off the bench
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:03 pm

Speedball Deluxe wrote:Wonder how Barrett trys to manage DCE given this.

barretts already stated that dce will be given free roam to go where he wants to go and play what he see's.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:05 pm

Thinking about reversing JLJ>Hunt on rumour and also getting JFH instead of Bhana
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:09 pm

Loomer wrote:Thinking about reversing JLJ>Hunt on rumour and also getting JFH instead of Bhana

If ET is dropped to reserve grade, how long will he stay there?
    Mr Fernando
    Mr Fernando

Post by Mr Fernando Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:12 pm

@ Sash: thanks for sharing. It makes the decision to play Walker alongside DCE even stranger to me. I could be wrong but I just can't see Walker succeeding in the halves.

That said it should all be good for DCE from a fantasy perspective.
    Mr Fernando
    Mr Fernando

Post by Mr Fernando Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:13 pm

my tv broke wrote:

barretts already stated that dce will be given free roam to go where he wants to go and play what he see's.

Walker doesn't strike me as an organiser. But Barrett doesn't strike me as much of a coach either!
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:13 pm

Sashamaloo wrote:

Very interesting Sasha and a good first-hand insight into how DCE's football brain works. Thanks for sharing mate. Very Happy

Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:22 pm

Milchcow wrote:

If ET is dropped to reserve grade, how long will he stay there?
    Good point. I thought better of this as soon as I'd posted but definitely keen on the JLJ after reading your post about AE friendly in future on one injury from halves duty. If rumoured to fill in till Farah/Ballin back in split role like Mort has done sometimes for Titans would much rather have than Hymel and gives me 55k spare instead of 27k
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:27 pm

Random wrote:
    SI wrote:
    Yep.  Bloke can play anywhere and I've got a feeling he was originally a hooker wasn't he?

I thought he originally played Five-Eight. Either way Peachey can play anywhere on the field.
    Yeah, definitely played at 5/8 in first grade.  I should have said when he was younger coming through.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:29 pm

Your Name wrote:WORD is that Issac Luke won’t be playing anywhere near the full 80 minutes for the Warriors against the Tigers tomorrow due to lack of match fitness.

Luke joined the Warriors after the summer break several kilos heavier than last year and still hasn’t quite shed all the extra weight.

That’s why coach Andrew McFadden named rookie Nathaniel Roache on the bench and he’s expected to get at least 20 minutes of action.
    Had Luke locked in till TLT.  Will be interesting to see how long they carry the extra hooker on the bench.
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:31 pm

Pacey's Best wrote:What a fricken stupid mistake. After all the swapping and changing today, finally settled on a side I liked. Had no one playing tonight, just Gutherson as a NPR. I've just logged on to check the stats and my side has got 11 points.

I've mistakenly put in Kodi Nikorima instead of Jayden Nikorima in the halves.

What a BONEHEAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YIKES!!!

We have seen Pacey's BEST over the years and now we have seen Pacey's WORST. :O

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:35 pm

Mr Fernando wrote:@ Sash:  thanks for sharing.  It makes the decision to play Walker alongside DCE even stranger to me.  I could be wrong but I just can't see Walker succeeding in the halves.  

That said it should all be good for DCE from a fantasy perspective.  
    Completely agree.  Seems like a strange combination.  They have a few decent halves to fall back on so I guess they have a crack for a few weeks and then go to plan B if it fails.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:36 am