NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 32 - My Shitto and your Shitto were sitting by the fire....

Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 32 - My Shitto and your Shitto were sitting by the fire.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 32 - My Shitto and your Shitto were sitting by the fire....

Post by Bethany_B Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:00 am

Snatchpato wrote:If you look at Teddy's scoring last season I think you'll find that in rounds 5-9 he couldn't crack 50, but then from 10-24 he averaged 65 including a game where he scored 9.

Don't think one should be selling Teddy, nor Papy for that matter. Lest you incur the wrath of the spiteful gods.

Teddy has a horror run over Origin, will miss at least 2 games in addition to the bye, if not more (compared to Papy who likely doesn't miss any games aside from the bye since he probably doesn't get picked for NSW), and is in a team that can't attack its way out of a wet paper bag.

In addition to that, Teddy doesn't even crab across field and get TBs anymore, he just gets tackled now, and that was a huge source of points last year
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 32 - My Shitto and your Shitto were sitting by the fire.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 32 - My Shitto and your Shitto were sitting by the fire....

Post by mattnz Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:04 am

Bethany_B wrote:

That 19 was from him getting concussed in the game and somehow passing the HIA, I'm surprised he even got back on the field given his history.

He showed in round 4 that he's still got what it takes to get a huge score, and WFB is such a bad position this year there's nobody better than him other than Hynes. Teddy can't even cash in against the bad teams while Papy can and has

HIA potential during games with a really bad history isn't adding any appeal.

Mulitalo is averaging 63 in non-injury games at WFB, with just 1 try per game, to Papy's 1.3 tries per game to average 51.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:06 am

mattnz wrote:

Mulitalo is averaging 63 in non-injury games at WFB, with just 1 try per game, to Papy's 1.3 tries per game to average 51.

Mulitalo is a good buy if you can get him, but I wouldn't be selling Papy to get him. I definitely rate Ronaldo and am buying him in SC this week. I'm 9k short of getting Ronaldo and Cleary in for Teddy and JKing so I'm going Talakai instead
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:11 am

Bethany_B wrote:

Mulitalo is a good buy if you can get him, but I wouldn't be selling Papy to get him. I definitely rate Ronaldo and am buying him in SC this week. I'm 9k short of getting Ronaldo and Cleary in for Teddy and JKing so I'm going Talakai instead

I have collected the Talatalo set (and have Wilton). Going to be a fun ride Smile
    Barry

Post by Barry Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:13 am

What if one couldn’t do teddy to Cleary and it had to be papy? It’s that or I keep both and move Curren for him. I feel like Cleary is the one guy you can trade a gun for a gun?
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:13 am

mattnz wrote:

I have collected the Talatalo set (and have Wilton). Going to be a fun ride Smile

Nice work! I wish I could get both of them, but I'll have to be happy with just one of them for now.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:14 am

Barry wrote:What if one couldn’t do teddy to Cleary and it had to be papy? It’s that or I keep both and move Curren for him. I feel like Cleary is the one guy you can trade a gun for a gun?

If trading Papy is the only way to get Cleary, then probably do it. It's not an ideal scenario but if that's what you need to do then do it.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:15 am

Barry wrote:What if one couldn’t do teddy to Cleary and it had to be papy? It’s that or I keep both and move Curren for him. I feel like Cleary is the one guy you can trade a gun for a gun?

I reckon you can if you have decent WFB coverage.

You've got me thinking now.
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:15 am

Think my last post got deleted so throwing up 4 options.
    A)Coates and SCrit to Lee and Ponga
    B)SCrit and Nanai to Taaffe and Tolo
    C)SCrit and Nanai to Lee and anyone up to 790k
    D)SCrit and Coates to Lee and Lolo
    Thoughts?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:20 am

Still think I’m set on my rather boring trade ins of Luki and Lolo. Will have to start watching the Cowboys games now. Well I have Nanai but that makes me not want to watch haha
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:29 am

mattnz wrote:

I'm not totally against selling Pap, but I find it hard to believe Mulitalo outscores him come season end.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:36 am

Ok serious question, inspired by the Barry

A. Haas(c) + Papy + Nanai
    vs
    B. Haas + Roberts*/Coates loop + Cleary(c)
    *Roberts can be any CTR or WFB under 318k

You run that 100 times, B wins more times yeah?
    sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:38 am

mattnz wrote:Gould confirmed that four players - Jake Averillo, Brent Naden, Ava Seumanufagai and Reece Hoffman - have been ruled out after providing positive PCR tests. However, their ability to replace them has been compromised after the virus ran through the club, with Creedence Toia, Josh Stuckey and Ryan Gray among those to also test positive.

Now asking for access to Titans and Warriors reserve players in case more Bulldogs test positive to be able to field a team.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/covid-injuries-decimate-bulldogs-ahead-of-brisbane-clash-20220420-p5aepw.html

Give Doggies and Broncos 1 pt each in NRL and their avg scores in Fantasy. No fan is going to miss seeing this game
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:40 am

wolfking wrote:

I'm not totally against selling Pap, but I find it hard to believe Mulitalo outscores him come season end.

Papy seems pretty injury prone and likely plays Origin.

I'll be surprised if Mulitalo doesn't score more total points this season for $130k less.

For me a lot of the attraction is that I am already 100% onboard the Talakai train. Mulitalo's success is a natural extension of that same expectation that Talakai continues to score well. All aboard!

Last edited by mattnz on Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:42 am

https://www.macarthuradvertiser.com.au/story/7706560/sharks-cautious-with-finucane-concussion/?cs=12689

Fitzgibbon said Finucane was in good spirits but he wanted to protect the forward's long-term health.

"We'll look into that (possible extended rest) and see how he's going," Fitzgibbon said.

"They're all treated differently. There's a knock-on effect and how they pull up post-event (to consider).

"He was fine and there were no lingering side effects or anything like that.

"We'll follow the protocols, but we won't rush anything, that's for sure."
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:44 am

robelgordo wrote:Ok serious question, inspired by the Barry

A. Haas(c) + Papy + Nanai
    vs
    B. Haas + Roberts*/Coates loop + Cleary(c)
    *Roberts can be any CTR or WFB under 318k

You run that 100 times, B wins more times yeah?

Yes B wins for sure and sets up better for final team, bringing in the guy most likely to have the highest average for the season.

Whenever I ran any scenarios that didn't get Cleary this week, I was still having to really shake things up the following week to get him in.

You just want to bite the bullet asap and then look at other opportunities in following weeks once the big trade in has been done.
    sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:53 am

I made my money by selling Papy/Teddy.
    And I am now invested in a Mulitalo.
    I may even have wanted an Eddie
    But I will only get it right if I go full Talatalo.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:58 am

mattnz wrote:

Yes B wins for sure and sets up better for final team, bringing in the guy most likely to have the highest average for the season.

Whenever I ran any scenarios that didn't get Cleary this week, I was still having to really shake things up the following week to get him in.

You just want to bite the bullet asap and then look at other opportunities in following weeks once the big trade in has been done.

Yeah I'm doing it. Do the youth still say YOLO? I feel this warrants it.

My only concern is it locks in Burton and who knows what happens with the Dogs.

EDIT: Update - not doing it, team balance isn't quite right to make it work booo. Exciting 5 mins tho
    SaveTheCheerleader
    SaveTheCheerleader

Post by SaveTheCheerleader Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:02 am

Burton (I'm ok with that) and either Wilton, Teddy or Papy have to go in order to get Cleary in . Have earmarked Wilton but should I think Teddy instead?
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:03 am

SaveTheCheerleader wrote:Burton (I'm ok with that) and either Wilton, Teddy or Papy have to go get Cleary. Have earmarked Wilton but should I think Teddy instead?

I sold Wilton last week to get Cleary and not unhappy

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 10:56 am