NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 28 - My name is Marcelo Montoya, you killed my shoulder, prepare for a homophobic slur

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 28 - My name is Marcelo Montoya, you killed my shoulder, prepare for a homophobic slur - Page 26 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 28 - My name is Marcelo Montoya, you killed my shoulder, prepare for a homophobic slur

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:29 am

Thoughts on Sexton/Leniu to Cotter/Tuilagi?

Sexton > Cotter purely to sure up the MIDS
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 28 - My name is Marcelo Montoya, you killed my shoulder, prepare for a homophobic slur - Page 26 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 28 - My name is Marcelo Montoya, you killed my shoulder, prepare for a homophobic slur

Post by mattnz Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:31 am

Shady2K wrote:Jones still worth bringing in with Barnett back in 4 weeks? And Fitzgibbon not far behind?
    Jones minutes will have been inflated by Momoisea's injury, (and Young and I am sure there was another too). Don't see him as a buy at all.
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:33 am

Think I'm just going SCrichton -> Taaffe this week to build up some funds to upgrade JKing next week, probably to Murray/Haas. Hoping for some movement in Walters/Thompson this week else they're in line to get milked.

Grant
    King*2, Mann
    Wilton, Fifita
    (C)leary, Schneider
    Tago May
    Teddy, Hynes, Pap

Randall Ilias Taaffe Nanai
    Smith Walters Thompson Koula

Finding it hard to get rid of Smith but he's a handy loop option and might eventually make his way back in to the team.

Goals are to improve my mids and get a bit more depth in my 14-17. Hopefully Wilton can hold his spot for a bit longer
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:45 am

Cotter and Taafe or IPap and Koula?

That's not even a question is it. Sorry.

I'll see myself out
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:46 am

my tv broke wrote:Why the fuck did I buy Leo Thompson. What a dumb prick trade that was. Justified it with "i need the cash". I guess I did/do need the cash but he was never a good trade in.

I described him as being more likely to be an Alvaro than another Matt King.
    Then he scored a 37, Utoikamanu got injured, Barnett got suspended and suddenly I needed another mid - fortunately there was a guy (who despite my reservations) had put up a 37 & 45 in his last two games and was only $291k with lots of regular mids out of his team.

I'm blaming this one on the fantasy Gods, Matt (for continually talking him up - like an ear worm song that you just can't shake) and my own idiot brain

PS > Still nothing but love for ya Matt Smile
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:48 am

mattnz wrote:
    Jones minutes will have been inflated by Momoisea's injury, (and Young and I am sure there was another too). Don't see him as a buy at all.

Fair, I swerved on him originally so may just keep that mindset

Thoughts on Coates to Koula instead then? Just as a cash out and building some bank for the next gun upgrade

Also have Walters and Thompson who will probably need to be milked soon
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:55 am

mattnz wrote:

Although Momoisea has already played 3 games this year where he only got 5 minutes.
    Momoisea also subbed on to replace a Saifiti

Young was covered by Crossland, meaning Randall got 80 rather than the normal 60 odd, also causing Kurt Mann to play 80.

Jones will play 80 most weeks, will likely average in the 40's, and probably make at least $100k in that time - there's even suggestions he was favoured to start the season ahead of Fitzgibbon on the edge.
    Tommy_gun
    Tommy_gun

Post by Tommy_gun Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:58 am

Shady2K wrote:Jones still worth bringing in with Barnett back in 4 weeks? And Fitzgibbon not far behind?

The mail was that in his first match he played reduced mins to build for an 80 minute role. In his second match I believe he was shunted out to the centres for a period of time and scored 39 in 80 mins. If the plan is to play 80 mins in the second row then I think he can average 40 over the next 4 weeks which would be close to $100k in price rises over that time.
    Tommy_gun
    Tommy_gun

Post by Tommy_gun Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:06 am

Anyone else considering swerving Cleary this week even if you can afford him?

I am really torn on this decision, Cleary put up a solid score last week without doing too much. He was strong and looked to take the line on. Just feel he is going to have a floor of 60 from here on, however with the new scoring I am unsure if he will consistently hit those 85+ scores like he did last year (11 times). Even with a 70 average he will drop to around $950k in a few weeks time.

Meanwhile Moses looks like he could take off, and is still available for $713k. Confidence is high and he has a sweet draw over the next 3 weeks with Tigers (typically an Easter Monday bloodbath), Newcastle and Cows
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:07 am

Not sure what to do with this lot:

Randall
    Mann MKing Thompson
    DiFi Nanai
    Cleary Hunt
    Tago Penis
    Hynes Pap Crichton

Schneider Jones Tuilagi Ilias

Coates Haas Vailea Bullemor

Only used 3 trades so far so just looking at Vailea + Bullemor to Taaffe + Koula. Only used 3 trades so far, so would rather risk someone who might make money than a couple of guys who definitely won't.

Could also do Nanai + Bullemor -> Koula + Cotter/Starling.

Any thoughts?
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:11 am

Should I go;

Billy Smith + Jaxson Paulo > Koula + Taaffe + 145K

OR

Jaxson Paulo + Scritta > Koula + Taaffe + 387K

Allows me to use B.Smith for specific reasons, plus he could be back any time? I think?

The bank will most likely be used to try and get Haas in next week (brought Cleary last week)

I am thinking option 1 as gets rid of two red dots, plus Scritta can still put up some big numbers, especially against the Broncos, and is very close to a Teddy/Turbo upgrade
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:16 am

Hadn't planned on selling Scrit or Wilton but want Brojo and have enough for Cleary vs Broncos. Tempting. Starling will have to wait. Scrit could obviously score good against Broncos though

TU: Scrit+Wilton to Cleary(C)+BroJo
    TD: No
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:19 am

Tommy_gun wrote:Anyone else considering swerving Cleary this week even if you can afford him?

I am really torn on this decision, Cleary put up a solid score last week without doing too much. He was strong and looked to take the line on. Just feel he is going to have a floor of 60 from here on, however with the new scoring I am unsure if he will consistently hit those 85+ scores like he did last year (11 times). Even with a 70 average he will drop to around $950k in a few weeks time.

Meanwhile Moses looks like he could take off, and is still available for $713k. Confidence is high and he has a sweet draw over the next 3 weeks with Tigers (typically an Easter Monday bloodbath), Newcastle and Cows

I don't mind this actually. All 50+ scores bar the one game against the Storm so far.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:22 am

What do people think of Edrick Lee? Probably not the most glamorous pick, but he's likely 10 points underpriced priced at 17 with a career average around ~27 on the wing + probably better JS than Koula.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:28 am

Are the guys that are picking up Jones already ones that own Tuilagi?

Surely Tuilagi is the smarter pick?
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:32 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Are the guys that are picking up Jones already ones that own Tuilagi?

I have Tuilagi since beginning. BroJo base 31 avg in 2 games with hardly any attacking stats
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:34 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Are the guys that are picking up Jones already ones that own Tuilagi?

Hasn't played 80 minutes, few injury riddled games (normal thing?), poor team that can change any week, spending lots of time under their own posts??? Understand the potential and a 40 average still nets good worth but Jones looks to be set for 80, better team, proven 40-50 scorer as a starting second row... and is 4k cheaper for those strap for cash.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:35 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Hasn't played 80 minutes, few injury riddled games (normal thing?), poor team that can change any week, spending lots of time under their own posts??? Understand the potential and a 40 average still nets good worth but Jones looks to be set for 80, better team, proven 40-50 scorer as a starting second row... and is 4k cheaper for those strap for cash.

Is 4 weeks enough though before he didsapears?
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:40 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

Is 4 weeks enough though before he didsapears?

I got him from the get go so hard to say... If getting this week, I would be quite hesitant. Low BE so 40+ for 4 weeks should be worth it... and would be tradeable at a perfect time when you're looking for a bye round player?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:40 am

easytiger wrote:

Although Momoisea has already played 3 games this year where he only got 5 minutes.
    Momoisea also subbed on to replace a Saifiti

Young was covered by Crossland, meaning Randall got 80 rather than the normal 60 odd, also causing Kurt Mann to play 80.

Jones will play 80 most weeks, will likely average in the 40's, and probably make at least $100k in that time - there's even suggestions he was favoured to start the season ahead of Fitzgibbon on the edge.
    Momoisea came on after Young was already injured after 20 mins, when Jones moved to CTR. He wasn't coming on to replace Jones on the EDG like he did the previous week, taking 28 minutes from Jones, subbing on for him twice, as he wasn't up to playing close to 80 on the EDG.

The original game plan will have been similar to the previous week, with Momoisea taking minutes from Jones on the EDG. Wouldnt surprise me to see Mann play 80 again this week, with some of that time on Jones' EDG.

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:33 pm