NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 3 - Max or Josh?

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 3 - Max or Josh? - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 3 - Max or Josh?

Post by Milchcow Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:14 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Grain of salt but sources tell me Gilbert is looking at buying a PPOR in Brisbane. Might be a sneaky Dolphins signing in 2023

Slight interest in JTB if he starts at prop with the poor value middles on offer

It seems likely that rumours of Gilbert starting on an edge won't come to pass. But surely McLean and Taumalolo make their way into the starting team for round 1.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 3 - Max or Josh? - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 3 - Max or Josh?

Post by Camo123 Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:26 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:1. Blake Taaffe 2. Alex Johnston 3. Jaxson Paulo 4. Campbell Graham 5. Josh Mansour 6. Cody Walker 7. Lachlan Ilias 8. Junior Tatola 9. Damien Cook 10. Hame Sele 11. Keaon Koloamatangi 12. Jai Arrow 13. Mark Nicholls 14. Dean Hawkins 15. Siliva Havili 16. Thomas Burgess 17. Jacob Host 18. Michael Chee Kam 19. Josiah Karapani 20. Richard Kennar 21. Davvy Moale 22. Romano Cook  23. Terrell Kalo Kalo

Sele starting over Burgess - Arrow on the EDG over Host Obviously Murrary still inured

If Arrow on EDG Round 1 new solid DPP option

Sele to start R1 on Tuesday and then fall asleep on Thursday
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:30 pm

Milchcow wrote:

It seems likely that rumours of Gilbert starting on an edge won't come to pass. But surely McLean and Taumalolo make their way into the starting team for round 1.

McLean could be on the bench. I reckon Hess and Taumalolo will start. Dunn or Gilbert to make way for T'lolololololo with Taunua Brown on the bench
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:47 pm

It is all kind of academic until Team List Tuesday proper, however, if Arrow is named on the EDG and you had to choose between him and Peachey named at 13, who has the biggest upside?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:52 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:It is all kind of academic until Team List Tuesday proper, however, if Arrow is named on the EDG and you had to choose between him and Peachey named at 13, who has the biggest upside?

Arrow on the edge is a leap of faith. Sounds good in theory, but to date, his stats on the edge dont support picking him.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:52 pm

The Broncos have posted Kevie's presser from today.. typical kevy press conference. Confirm Paix and Cobbo will start this week, but was trying not to give much away.. he did mention he wants Riki to knock out 80 mins this week. Side for rnd 1 is pencilled in but seems like 6 is still up for grabs. Mentioned "he and the other coaches decided rhe time was right for Cobbo at fb"

Last edited by my tv broke on Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:56 pm

mattnz wrote:

Arrow on the edge is a leap of faith. Sounds good in theory, but to date, his stats on the edge dont support picking him.

Hmm ...maybe the answer is both? I am not sure that Peachey scores well enough based on his current starting price either. No guarantee he will play big minutes
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:04 pm

This is a bit of a self-serving post (basically, so I don't have to re-tool my Fantasy Fantasy spreadsheet for less than 12 leagues) but it may also prove useful to those of you who are being fashionably late with your league registration or have just completely forgotten.

Fantasy League Registration is due to close this Friday. For those of you who were in last year, if you want to be placed in your rightfully earned league you should enter before the Friday deadline.

You can register here:

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t1795-nrlff-2022-nrl-fantasy-leagues-registration-thread#565950

The following people were in Leagues last year and haven't registered as yet:

@standard-issue   @RandomSil   @Honeysett  @Lemmy KGB   @ae_fantasy   @bunter   @elltee   @Shumway   @Sleepy   @Panthers Suck   @SamBarrier    @Johnny Cash   @Orso   @hymenbustas   @Showbag   @Enchanted Glossy Flamingo   @Stormtrooper96   @Saints 1977   @Hatsy28   @Mac Attack   @Rotinaj   @SilverBackMonster   @Haaster Blasters   @The Airlie Birds   @Dananz   @Ad@m   @TheWeapon   @Kingcohen   @Phantomx   @Jackorot23   @FN2187   @Awanamafia   @Harviginald   @Nymeria   @MONACO   @Neillo   @KevH   @Daveboy   @vMadjic   @Dttragic2016   @Pat69err   @Daedalus   @Loomer   @Titanzz   @michaelz101   @GreenMachine   @JustHerefortheBreakEvens   @Wildbux   @Cannon Ball   @spike27   @Donkeyyyyyy   @Kiwi   @dco2019   @Spetsniaz   @Russ   @Joey Superior    @panthercraig   @Scouter   @Billsill   @Spuddies   @Dolamite   @Jack Torrance   @Mchomie   @Mearcats   @Pookus McFly   @Ozymandias   @User Name   @Krump   @Adrianoooo    @Zingers n Pingers   @Archer   @Big Kev   @Sgdragons10   @Ponga for Prez   @BaysideBrothers   @Antipodean1   @Eaglestar   @VERTiiGO   @eyipftwari   @The Goat Boys    @mattnz   @EvenSteeden   @Iron Mike   @muselibar   @Rapture_NRL   @Empyreal   @Pogs   @Chilli   @Little Minutes   @Boozecluez   @Stinkor   @Mr Fernando   @Franko   @Stinkbug   @Castlecrag Sweethearts   @Jake Turban

Other people floating around the place who should probably register:

@Ponga Yeo the Mann   @Shanbon   @ynot    @megaturtle    @Ramitinmyhaaas   @Stylebender   @precursor   @Roger8   @lukeayee   @Zeakeous   @Drifterspence   @Tommy_gun   @Vanish   @SerhanYoshi    @sets   @ozziedog   @Babou   @Slippery    @dobbo   @t43597   @Coozer's Boozer's   @Blain    @PhilGouldsChins  (definitely)     @Bagpipe   @To The 20

All of you people out there who are registered users but never (hardly ever) post are also welcome to join the Leagues. If you're a lurker, there's no better time to sign up and jump into one of our Leagues.

If you don't get in by Friday, there will still be a latecomers Leagues registration

Last edited by Cookie Monster on Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Weiland
    Weiland

Post by Weiland Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:19 pm

Thanks for tagging me in this. I guess it is time to get off my arse and start thinking about Fantasy and making a team. I have a lot of reading to do I guess because I have no idea.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:30 pm

I know I am bias but there is no love around the joint for Blake Taaffe which surprises me at his price and DPP ??? what could possibly go wrong albino albino albino
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:32 pm

That seems like a lot of people who have not signed up.. ?
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:33 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:It is all kind of academic until Team List Tuesday proper, however, if Arrow is named on the EDG and you had to choose between him and Peachey named at 13, who has the biggest upside?

Not sure I love either tbh, but Arrow averaged 39 on an edge last year (priced at 44) vs Peachy who averages 49.9 at lock priced at 42. Arrow would be a pure punt on returning to gun status in a different position in a different team gunned it at the Titans. Peachy probably has some value but debatable whether it's enough.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:33 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:I know I am bias but there is no love around the joint for Blake Taaffe which surprises me at his price and DPP ??? what could possibly go wrong albino albino albino

Probably wont average 50 from the bench like Meaney?
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:34 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:I know I am bias but there is no love around the joint for Blake Taaffe which surprises me at his price and DPP ??? what could possibly go wrong albino albino albino

Seems likely he'll go to the bench/drop out when Latrell's back, and only averaged 27 across his 3 games at FB last year anyway.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:42 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

Seems likely he'll go to the bench/drop out when Latrell's back, and only averaged 27 across his 3 games at FB last year anyway.

Souths have received exemption for Latrell to have 1 game of suspension count in All Stars match which means he will return in R2 instead of R3 (Lara Pitt Twitter)

Blake Taaffe even more of a Johnny Trapcow now

Kinda puts Latrell on my radar if Papy is out as he’ll get GK which offsets TB decrease
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:44 pm

my tv broke wrote:That seems like a lot of people who have not signed up.. ?

Last year we hit page 8 of the league registration thread on 22nd Feb.
    We just hit page 8 of the registration thread today. So in ballpark figures we are running about the same as we did last year

I'd say traffic will start picking up over the next week or so.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:50 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Probably wont average 50 from the bench like Meaney?

That seems to be a bit of an underestimate. I know some people in the fantasyfanatics forum who have been talking him up big time - almost every second post. Seems he is in for a breakout season. I don't think it is an exaggeration to say that Papenhuyzen could be pushed back to he bench!
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:52 pm

Looks like there could be a smorgasbord of unproven & 2nd tier fullbacks around $350-500k come TLT....so many opportunities to get it very wrong.

Who is going to kill it, who is going to step up to tier 1 & who is going back to the reggies after a couple of rounds????

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:30 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    my tv broke wrote:That seems like a lot of people who have not signed up.. ?

Last year we hit page 8 of the league registration thread on 22nd Feb.
    We just hit page 8 of the registration thread today. So in ballpark figures we are running about the same as we did last year

I'd say traffic will start picking up over the next week or so.

Can't argue with facts, but it does just feel like activity is down everywhere, especially on the FB pages.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:40 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:This is a bit of a self-serving post (basically, so I don't have to re-tool my Fantasy Fantasy spreadsheet for less than 12 leagues) but it may also prove useful to those of you who are being fashionably late with your league registration or have just completely forgotten.

Fantasy League Registration is due to close this Friday. For those of you who were in last year, if you want to be placed in your rightfully earned league you should enter before the Friday deadline.

You can register here:

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t1795-nrlff-2022-nrl-fantasy-leagues-registration-thread#565950

The following people were in Leagues last year and haven't registered as yet:

@standard-issue   @RandomSil   @Honeysett  @Lemmy KGB   @ae_fantasy   @bunter   @elltee   @Shumway   @Sleepy   @Panthers Suck   @SamBarrier    @Johnny Cash   @Orso   @hymenbustas   @Showbag   @Enchanted Glossy Flamingo   @Stormtrooper96   @Saints 1977   @Hatsy28   @Mac Attack   @Rotinaj   @SilverBackMonster   @Haaster Blasters   @The Airlie Birds   @Dananz   @Ad@m   @TheWeapon   @Kingcohen   @Phantomx   @Jackorot23   @FN2187   @Awanamafia   @Harviginald   @Nymeria   @MONACO   @Neillo   @KevH   @Daveboy   @vMadjic   @Dttragic2016   @Pat69err   @Daedalus   @Loomer    @Titanzz   @michaelz101   @GreenMachine   @JustHerefortheBreakEvens   @Wildbux   @Cannon Ball   @spike27   @Donkeyyyyyy   @Kiwi   @dco2019   @Spetsniaz   @Russ   @Joey Superior    @panthercraig   @Scouter   @Billsill   @Spuddies   @Dolamite   @Jack Torrance   @Mchomie   @Mearcats   @Pookus McFly   @Ozymandias   @User Name   @Krump   @Adrianoooo    @Zingers n Pingers   @Archer   @Big Kev   @Sgdragons10   @Ponga for Prez   @BaysideBrothers   @Antipodean1   @Eaglestar   @VERTiiGO   @eyipftwari   @The Goat Boys    @mattnz   @EvenSteeden   @Iron Mike   @muselibar    @Rapture_NRL   @Empyreal   @Pogs   @Chilli   @Little Minutes   @Boozecluez   @Stinkor   @Mr Fernando   @Franko   @Stinkbug   @Castlecrag Sweethearts   @Jake Turban

Other people floating around the place who should probably register:

@Ponga Yeo the Mann   @Shanbon   @ynot    @megaturtle    @Ramitinmyhaaas   @Stylebender   @precursor   @Roger8   @lukeayee   @Zeakeous   @Drifterspence   @Tommy_gun   @Vanish   @SerhanYoshi    @sets   @ozziedog   @Babou   @Slippery    @dobbo   @t43597   @Coozer's Boozer's   @Blain    @PhilGouldsChins  (definitely)     @Bagpipe   @To The 20

All of you people out there who are registered users but never (hardly ever) post are also welcome to join the Leagues. If you're a lurker, there's no better time to sign up and jump into one of our Leagues.

If you don't get in by Friday, there will still be a latecomers Leagues registration

Can't believe you went the extra mile Cookie and compiled this list from most handsome to least Very Happy

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:28 pm