NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 7

Welshy
    Welshy

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 7 - Page 15 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 7

Post by Welshy Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:56 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:I think you really need to have one of those top 4 in your team as captain to be honest. These guys are superguns. Can't trust a regular old gun like Merrin with your double points. Gotta have yourself a supergun.

Unless any of the "superguns" regress mate

Smith the safest by far IMO, so safe to say he didn't make my latest team lol!
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 7 - Page 15 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 7

Post by SoylentGreen Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:00 pm

Welshy wrote:

Unless any of the "superguns" regress mate

Smith the safest by far IMO, so safe to say he didn't make my latest team lol!

I haven't been able to decide between lichaa and hodgson as a backup to Smith, so put them both in. Am thinking of going with Fifita as captain. I love CP13, but there's got to be a point sometime soon that he starts to decline (at least fantasy wise). Same with Gallen.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:01 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:I see it like this:

tier one:
    1. Smith
    2. Parker
    3. Gallen
    4. Fifita

I concur.

have anyone other than these 4 as captain and you are taking a risk.

Some players provide less of a risk, but I have at no point considered a side without at least 1 of these (generally Fifita or Smith) sometimes 2 of them, but never 3.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:02 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:

I haven't been able to decide between lichaa and hodgson as a backup to Smith, so put them both in. Am thinking of going with Fifita as captain. I love CP13, but there's got to be a point sometime soon that he starts to decline (at least fantasy wise). Same with Gallen.

I also currently have Hodgson and Lichaa but it doesnt look the same without CS9, i have Aubbs and CLaw as CTRs so 1 will be dumped for Auva'a/Gutherson and CS9 will return
    luckynumber8
    luckynumber8

Post by luckynumber8 Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:08 pm

Hello all. I sure have some catching up to do..

I didn't even know the forums had changed from Sportal (Is that a rude word now?)

Someone give me a quick rundown of what happened or link me to a thread that explains?

Thanks!
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:12 pm

I am really hoping TLT is kind to me so that I can play this pack:

Smith (Hodgson)
    Surgess Evans (Packer) (Lawrence)
    Merrin JDB Whitehead (Rochow)
    DCE Hastings
    Maubs C.Law
    Moylan Gordon Barba

this team (build #56874) is currently in my top 7.3% of favorites.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:31 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:I am really hoping TLT is kind to me so that I can play this pack:

Smith (Hodgson)
    Surgess Evans (Packer) (Lawrence)
    Merrin JDB Whitehead (Rochow)
    DCE Hastings
    Maubs C.Law
    Moylan Gordon Barba

this team (build #56874) is currently in my top 7.3% of favorites.

- If Whitehead is named on the bench is he still an option for you? If he is named to start you have to think he plays close to 80 minutes, which would make him a good option.
    - Moylan while a great player hasn't translated to fantasy scoring potential (See Slater, Stewart, Boyd.) and for his price you could bet on Ferguson or Mansour to go big this year, Slater to have a resurgence of form or Mann to do well with his shot.
    - If Barba isn't named, what are your plans?
    - Are you keen on Hodgson if Baptiste is named on the bench. (Also what is happening with Clydsedale at the Raiders?)

Other than that very strong squad.

RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:33 pm

luckynumber8 wrote:Hello all. I sure have some catching up to do..

I didn't even know the forums had changed from Sportal (Is that a rude word now?)

Someone give me a quick rundown of what happened or link me to a thread that explains?

Thanks!

Basically the sportal site had been going down intermittently and then after it went down for a long period we sort of had a gathering over here. Sportal came up, but we stayed here for now which has been a good call because last I checked sportal was down again. Rolling Eyes We also have our latecomers registration thread available here. https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t160p100-nrl-fantasy-fanatics-ex-sportal-2016-leagues-registration
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:35 pm

Official Fantasy League's Sign Up Thread!
    https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t160p20-nrl-fantasy-fanatics-ex-sportal-2016-leagues-registration

Official Fantasy Fanatics Open Group!
    Code - JAXSM7VW

PhilGouldsChins (Winner of NRL Fantasy 2015) Week By Week Breakdown:
    luckynumber8
    luckynumber8

Post by luckynumber8 Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:44 pm

Random wrote:

Basically the sportal site had been going down intermittently and then after it went down for a long period we sort of had a gathering over here. Sportal came up, but we stayed here for now which has been a good call because last I checked sportal was down again. Rolling Eyes We also have our latecomers registration thread available here. https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t160p100-nrl-fantasy-fanatics-ex-sportal-2016-leagues-registration

Legend. I will join that. Did everyone carry over the same usernames?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:47 pm

luckynumber8 wrote:
    Random wrote:

Legend. I will join that. Did everyone carry over the same usernames?

Your Name = No Worries
    SI = Standard Issue
    Bren = Some Kunt... I mean KungFuPanda

Don't think I am missing anyone.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:58 pm

Random wrote:

- If Whitehead is named on the bench is he still an option for you? If he is named to start you have to think he plays close to 80 minutes, which would make him a good option.
    - Moylan while a great player hasn't translated to fantasy scoring potential (See Slater, Stewart, Boyd.) and for his price you could bet on Ferguson or Mansour to go big this year, Slater to have a resurgence of form or Mann to do well with his shot.
    - If Barba isn't named, what are your plans?
    - Are you keen on Hodgson if Baptiste is named on the bench. (Also what is happening with Clydsedale at the Raiders?)

Other than that very strong squad.

Yeah that is why I was hoping TLT being kind, hoping everyone got named. Would probably still take Hodgson if Baptiste on the bench, I think he is too good to be a 60 min player, banking on more minutes, even if not at hooker. Whitehead will become Paasi/McQueen/Stockwell if he is not starting. If Barba is not named I will turn him into Mann and downgrade a midranger. I originally had Ferguson instead of Moylan, but even after the Parra thrashing, I feel there is a lot of points in that panthers backline. Usually very involved in their set plays and yet only scored 2 tries in the 10 or so games he had last year. Plenty more tries and conversions for Moylan this year. I feels it deep within in me sub-cockles. Would only consider upgrading if I could get the extra 50k for Inglis. Nobody talking about him because he had a dour season last year, but looked very involved against the Titans, making tacklebreaks with most carries. Everybody is talking up Teddy for one good season, when this is a guy who could genuinely hit 50 every week for 180k less!

Edit: just noticed Inglis ownership at 12.88% vs Teddy's 13.72%, so very little difference. Guess people are just talking about Teddy more, and quietly selecting GI.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:03 am

Pookus McFly wrote:

Yeah that is why I was hoping TLT being named, would probably still take Hodgson if Baptiste on the bench, I think he is too good to be a 60 min player, banking on more minutes, even if not at hooker. Whitehead will become Paasi/McQueen/Stockwell if he is not starting.
    If Barba is not named I will turn him into Mann and downgrade a midranger. I originally had Ferguson instead of Moylan, but even after the Parra thrashing, I feel there is a lot of points in that panthers backline. Usually very involved in their set plays and yet only scored 2 tries in the 10 or so games he had last year. Plenty more tries and conversions for Moylan this year. I feels it deep within in me sub-cockles. Would only consider upgrading if I could get the extra 50k for Inglis. Nobody talking about him because he had a dour season last year, but looked very involved against the Titans, making tacklebreaks with most carries against the Titans last weekend. Everybody is sucking Teddy for one good season, when this is a guy who could genuinely hit 50 every week for 180k less!

Tedesco is an absolute animal mate he was killing it the year prior before getting injured, he will be involved in absolutely everything good the Tigers do and doesn't need the tries to get good scores, he is a TB monster and apparently bigger and faster again this year, Moylan is class mate no doubt but in a fantasy sense i can't see him getting near Teddy which is reflected in both pricings
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:11 am

Pookus McFly wrote:

Yeah that is why I was hoping TLT being kind, hoping everyone got named. Would probably still take Hodgson if Baptiste on the bench, I think he is too good to be a 60 min player, banking on more minutes, even if not at hooker. Whitehead will become Paasi/McQueen/Stockwell if he is not starting. If Barba is not named I will turn him into Mann and downgrade a midranger. I originally had Ferguson instead of Moylan, but even after the Parra thrashing, I feel there is a lot of points in that panthers backline. Usually very involved in their set plays and yet only scored 2 tries in the 10 or so games he had last year. Plenty more tries and conversions for Moylan this year. I feels it deep within in me sub-cockles. Would only consider upgrading if I could get the extra 50k for Inglis. Nobody talking about him because he had a dour season last year, but looked very involved against the Titans, making tacklebreaks with most carries. Everybody is talking up Teddy for one good season, when this is a guy who could genuinely hit 50 every week for 180k less!

Edit: just noticed Inglis ownership at 12.88% vs Teddy's 13.72%, so very little difference. Guess people are just talking about Teddy more, and quietly selecting GI.

Naww Inglis is a trap, sure he can score great. Scored 90 points one week, and backed it up with 21 points. He just has a bad habit of going in and out of games which is why most people don't select Inglis.

Regarding Paasi/McQueen/Stockwell only Stockwell looks like a decent option there tbh. Paasi has mountains of potential but probably wont get the minutes, McQueen will get the minutes but doesn't score well in Fantasy. Stockwell could get solid minutes and could make it up with some cash.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:31 am

Bromwich + NPR vs Grant + Stockwell/Evans/Packer/Whitehead (Via. L. ah Mau) or any other FRF/2RF worth $327 000.

(I already have A. Fifita and B. Lawrence in my FRF.)
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:52 am

Random wrote:Bromwich + NPR vs Grant + Stockwell/Evans/Packer/Whitehead (Via. L. ah Mau) or any other FRF/2RF worth $327 000.

(I already have A. Fifita and B. Lawrence in my FRF.)

Who's going to be your 4th reserve in the Bromwich team?
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:37 am

Loomer wrote:Getting nervous about Merrin at prop and minutes.

Thoughts on these 3 under the radar players who I had or toyed with early last season

E Lowe
    Tofu
    J Jackson

As the Ethan Lowe Ambassador of the forum take this with a grain of salt.

He looked good in WCC he was defending a little closer to the middle and topped the tackle count with 40 when there wasnt a lot of tackles on offer. Gopper was next with 34. The downside is he was Johnnys little decoy boy again and JT still prefers to hit Gooper on the other side 80% of the time if he wants to go to a backrower. I was over the moon when he started last season on fire with some handy scores and looked like the midranger to have only to lose all the cash he made and become a real pain in the ass after 8 or 9 rounds from memory with some real shit scores.

With no real movement at the cows its hard to see anything changing but why the massive shift in points last year when he still played 80 99% of time. My theory is, and this is pure speculation that the cows pack have some real big units that may take a little longer than others in the team to gain peak fitness and the coach would want them to do their primary job, go forward. Guys like Scott, Tolo, Hannant are all that bigger frame and Lowe although hes put on size was that lean type second rower whos fitness comes along a lot quicker. Once the bigger boys gained peak fitness they were able to do more defensive work and Lowe was slowly pushed wider in defence. The biggest upside is he has got rid of the manbun, he is twice the player without the manbun and automatic captain choice
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:04 am

Random wrote:

Naww Inglis is a trap, sure he can score great. Scored 90 points one week, and backed it up with 21 points. He just has a bad habit of going in and out of games which is why most people don't select Inglis.

Regarding Paasi/McQueen/Stockwell only Stockwell looks like a decent option there tbh. Paasi has mountains of potential but probably wont get the minutes, McQueen will get the minutes but doesn't score well in Fantasy. Stockwell could get solid minutes and could make it up with some cash.

Are you saying Inglis' peak and trough come exactly one round apart or are you just looking at his stats on site and calling out his high and low? I ask because in my own recollection, A sub 40pts is a rarity with GI. I don't buy him for fear of him scoring in 20s. It's because he is 400k for a WFB you lose over origin.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:05 am

Bullbender wrote:

As the Ethan Lowe Ambassador of the forum take this with a grain of salt.

He looked good in WCC he was defending a little closer to the middle and topped the tackle count with 40 when there wasnt a lot of tackles on offer. Gopper was next with 34. The downside is he was Johnnys little decoy boy again and JT still prefers to hit Gooper on the other side 80% of the time if he wants to go to a backrower. I was over the moon when he started last season on fire with some handy scores and looked like the midranger to have only to lose all the cash he made and become a real pain in the ass after 8 or 9 rounds from memory with some real shit scores.

With no real movement at the cows its hard to see anything changing but why the massive shift in points last year when he still played 80 99% of time. My theory is, and this is pure speculation that the cows pack have some real big units that may take a little longer than others in the team to gain peak fitness and the coach would want them to do their primary job, go forward. Guys like Scott, Tolo, Hannant are all that bigger frame and Lowe although hes put on size was that lean type second rower whos fitness comes along a lot quicker. Once the bigger boys gained peak fitness they were able to do more defensive work and Lowe was slowly pushed wider in defence. The biggest upside is he has got rid of the manbun, he is twice the player without the manbun and automatic captain choice

Was Lowe an 80min man last year? Seems logical he will be this, with reduced interchange and those big units at prop and lock for cows
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:08 am

GreenMachine wrote:

Was Lowe an 80min man last year? Seems logical he will be this, with reduced interchange and those big units at prop and lock for cows
    Yes Lowe was the 80 man last year, Cooper as well I think

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 1:52 pm