NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 7

Honeysett
    Honeysett

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 7 - Page 8 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 7

Post by Honeysett Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:40 pm

Teddy and Auva'a
    or
    Aubbs and Blake
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 7 - Page 8 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 7

Post by Mearcats Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:43 pm

Never ever Aubs... You know better. Suspect
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:48 pm

Mearcats wrote:Never ever Aubs... You know better. Suspect

Let's consult last year's winner
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:50 pm

If i was to theoretically break that down though Honeysett, I would say that Teddy will give you an average of 45 per week with the potential to go big and perhaps 25 from Auva'a giving an average of 70.

Aubs I'm going to say 35-40 and Blake 20-25. Total of 65.

The big swing is security and potential. Teddy is a guaranteed starter when fit. Auva'a we are not 100% on yet but I'd say he'll be there. That pair have the "potential" to net you anywhere up to 120 in a week. Aubs and Blake on the other hand is more of a short term gain with the potential for long term pain. Little security and and if REALLY lucky, maybe the potential for 100.

This opinion is the authors only and in no way reflects the actual consensus on one M. Aubusson who is in all aspects of the game, shite. IMO. Lol.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:53 pm

But even then Loomer, PGC got out of him as early as he could. Now of course one could say that you would only hold Aubs until Cordner returns, OR, he starts getting shifted to centre. All well and good. But lets say that you hold him for the first 10 weeks. As per what I've written above, I would say that the Aubs/Blake combo would net you roughly 50 less points over that 10 weeks.

Is 50 points much? As you said, lets consult last years winner...
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:56 pm

I'm not saying that Aubs won't be a cash grab for the period that he starts (IF he starts) in the second row. And there's going to be plenty of players out there that have him to begin the season for that reason. But the ONLY reason that I could justify starting with him is for a cash grab.

If you're comparing the tow possibilities that Honeysett posted, that is the only way the Aubs combo comes out in front.

Otherwise, you lose a trade by getting rid of him in 8-10 weeks, and you'd be down on points as well I'd say. You wont need to trade Teddy or Auva'a (OK, maybe Auva'a), they'll make you more points and who will make more money out of Aubs and Auva'a? I'd say Auva'a.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:00 pm

Maybe that's the deep burn from past Aubs purchases speaking but that's what I think.

Also, I usually hate when people give a short, rash opinion without justification which is why I then attempted to explain my reasoning, sorry for the initial analysis/response Honeysett, wasn't really helpful I'm sure.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:03 pm

Honeysett wrote:Teddy and Auva'a
    or
    Aubbs and Blake

Blake is in top form atm but isn't Whare & Hiku going to start.
    The 1st one as Teddy can go large but he is expensive,
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:21 pm

Seven Roosters is too many, right? Guerra, Ferguson and Hastings have always been in my team, but now Evans and Aubs have forced their way in there, along with Mitchell and Leuluai in the NPRs...
    Scouter
    Scouter

Post by Scouter Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:22 pm

I suggested Matagi a while ago but people said he didn't have the motor to be fantasy relevant. Has a great ppm but minutes are a concern. Anyone know how many he played yesterday?
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:25 pm

Mearcats wrote:Maybe that's the deep burn from past Aubs purchases speaking but that's what I think.

Also, I usually hate when people give a short, rash opinion without justification which is why I then attempted to explain my reasoning, sorry for the initial analysis/response Honeysett, wasn't really helpful I'm sure.

I appreciate the feedback mate Smile

i'm not convinced at all with Auva'a he played 4 games at the back end of last year and scored 15-25 but I think Teddy is worth the risk.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:27 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:Seven Roosters is too many, right? Guerra, Ferguson and Hastings have always been in my team, but now Evans and Aubs have forced their way in there, along with Mitchell and Leuluai in the NPRs...
    A menagerie of cocks.
    Big Kev
    Big Kev

Post by Big Kev Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:37 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:Seven Roosters is too many, right? Guerra, Ferguson and Hastings have always been in my team, but now Evans and Aubs have forced their way in there, along with Mitchell and Leuluai in the NPRs...

surely you want to throw J-nik in there for an octo-cock?
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:41 pm

Will taupau get more minutes at manly? How were his base stats last season? Tempted to put the big fella in but does he rely on attacking stats and is he another taumalolo!
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:44 pm

Honey Badger wrote:Will taupau get more minutes at manly? How were his base stats last season? Tempted to put the big fella in but does he rely on attacking stats and is he another taumalolo!
    i think Taupau is worth the risk mate he is a much more dangerous ball carrier and better fantasy prospect than Taumalolo, he could go beserk this year running off DCE

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:44 pm

White Lightning wrote:

I like (big) butts and I cannot lie.

Fixed

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:44 pm

TaupauYOLO?
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:45 pm

For what its worth, some takeaways from the Souths v Titans game.  Couldn't keep track of minutes without commentary and what looked like unlimited interchanges.

- Sam Burgess played about 65 mins and was in everything, good and a bit of bad (couple of errors etc).
    - Tom Burgess also looked good, but went off with what looked like an ankle problem after a barnstorming run where he could have been mistaken for his twin.  Zane Musgrove was also strong.
    - Cody Walker was the dominant half over Keary
    - I think Auva'a gets the nod over Hunt at centre.  Hunt looked good including in scoring a try, and Auva'a gave away a couple of silly penalties, but Auva'a was busier overall in attack and defence.  The only other option would be playing one of them (or Goodwin) on the wing over Gray.
    - Souths looked a lot better when Cook came on.  He is much sharper than McInnes, more a like-for-like replacement for Luke, although he occasionally overplayed his hand.  Madge played both Cook and McInnes together (McInnes in the backrow) for a couple of shifts.
    - Inglis looked sharp, although there was at least one run back where he dawdled in front of the defensive line, looking for his wingers to take the hit-up.  But chiming into the backline he made the Titans miss a lot.
    - for the Titans, everything went through Roberts as to be expected with Taylor out.  Would have been interesting to see how they worked together.
    - Taia played a lot of minutes, probably the most of any Titans forward, and was prominent.  Ran and tackled hard.  he did get put on report for a lifting tackle on GI.
    - Passi was OK, but didn't get a lot of minutes (maybe because he is locked into the 17?).  Pettybourne and Pulu (?) were more noticeable out there.  Pulu in particular got stuck in.
    - James got injured at one point and didn't come back, not sure if it was serious or not.

Overall, very scrappy first half. Souths reduced their error/penalty count in the third quarter in particular and that was enough to put the Titans away.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:56 pm

i've got 8. but i'm trying to find a way to get rid of copley
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:58 pm

jelejasof wrote:For what its worth, some takeaways from the Souths v Titans game.  Couldn't keep track of minutes without commentary and what looked like unlimited interchanges.

- Sam Burgess played about 65 mins and was in everything, good and a bit of bad (couple of errors etc).
    - Tom Burgess also looked good, but went off with what looked like an ankle problem after a barnstorming run where he could have been mistaken for his twin.  Zane Musgrove was also strong.
    - Cody Walker was the dominant half over Keary
    - I think Auva'a gets the nod over Hunt at centre.  Hunt looked good including in scoring a try, and Auva'a gave away a couple of silly penalties, but Auva'a was busier overall in attack and defence.  The only other option would be playing one of them (or Goodwin) on the wing over Gray.
    - Souths looked a lot better when Cook came on.  He is much sharper than McInnes, more a like-for-like replacement for Luke, although he occasionally overplayed his hand.  Madge played both Cook and McInnes together (McInnes in the backrow) for a couple of shifts.
    - Inglis looked sharp, although there was at least one run back where he dawdled in front of the defensive line, looking for his wingers to take the hit-up.  But chiming into the backline he made the Titans miss a lot.
    - for the Titans, everything went through Roberts as to be expected with Taylor out.  Would have been interesting to see how they worked together.
    - Taia played a lot of minutes, probably the most of any Titans forward, and was prominent.  Ran and tackled hard.  he did get put on report for a lifting tackle on GI.
    - Passi was OK, but didn't get a lot of minutes (maybe because he is locked into the 17?).  Pettybourne and Pulu (?) were more noticeable out there.  Pulu in particular got stuck in.
    - James got injured at one point and didn't come back, not sure if it was serious or not.

Overall, very scrappy first half. Souths reduced their error/penalty count in the third quarter in particular and that was enough to put the Titans away.
    cheers for the write up mate, great job

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:44 am