NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 92 - Fanatics Anonymous Off Season

Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 92 - Fanatics Anonymous Off Season - Page 26 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 92 - Fanatics Anonymous Off Season

Post by Pookus McFly Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:19 pm

Im with mattnz on Ryan James. He doesn’t even need to get close to a 50 average to be value. If he gets those three games starting whilst Flegler is out, hes still ~10 points undervalued going off his 30-50 minute 2021 games (av. 38.6 minutes) across various positions (9 games).

Its always funny when you have a player that hasnt left your side and you see others with no interest at all. It made me go back to footystatistics.com and research him all over again. Im now suspicious that mytvbroke is just trying to increase his website traffic.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 92 - Fanatics Anonymous Off Season - Page 26 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 92 - Fanatics Anonymous Off Season

Post by mattnz Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:27 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:Im with mattnz on Ryan James. He doesn’t even need to get close to a 50 average to be value. If he gets those three games starting whilst Flegler is out, hes still ~10 points undervalued going off his 30-50 minute 2021 games (av. 38.6 minutes) across various positions (9 games).

Its always funny when you have a player that hasnt left your side and you see others with no interest at all. It made me go back to footystatistics.com and research him all over again. Im now suspicious that mytvbroke is just trying to increase his website traffic.

In games over 40 minutes last season he averaged 49. It included an average of 30 tackles and 109 running meters per game for 41 points of base per game. If he is starting prop, it is hard to see a downside.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:28 pm

Chewie wrote:I just posted some early season musings in the assistant coach.

To Grant or not to Grant is going to be one of the splitting points of the preseason

Hooker is dire but Grant suspended R1 and ~700k/9400k is a big chunk of a red dot

If COVID doesn’t slow down, I think a need for a viable 18th/19th man might counteract this with looping if someone goes big and you can still use unlimited trades to get Grant in
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:38 pm

Camo123 wrote:

To Grant or not to Grant is going to be one of the splitting points of the preseason

I dont think I can justify that Red Dot, have Cleary and have a decent squad.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:45 pm

Camo123 wrote:

Hooker is dire but Grant suspended R1 and ~700k/9400k is a big chunk of a red dot

If COVID doesn’t slow down, I think a need for a viable 18th/19th man might counteract this with looping if someone goes big and you can still use unlimited trades to get Grant in

I actually love that Grant will start the season suspended. It will scare many off him, who will soon regret the decision to leave him out. If there is one week that you can afford to have a red dot it is week 1, as you can select 20 others that will be playing, and you know that he will be back for round 2.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:41 pm

Yup, the secret buy signal will be Jayden Nimorima named at 9 for round 1 with Cheese at 13.

My fantasy team can’t repel PODs of that magnitude
     NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 92 - Fanatics Anonymous Off Season - Page 26 2893f510
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:14 pm

https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/nrl-news-2022-melbourne-storm-star-nelson-asofasolomona-set-to-join-japanese-rugby-rugby-australia-panasonic-wild-knights-contract/news-story/c2b2f41b8388ba842ba88f52eb74b70e

Tui KamiKamiKamiKamiKamiChameleon is likely facing extended time on the sideline too.

I am adding Tepai Moeroa to my small list of minimum price 17-21 players along with Will Smith

Last edited by The Dolphin Conspiracies on Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:30 pm

Does anyone know what happened to Ese'ese last year? He got sent off in Round 10 and did not play again all season. The year before that at Newcastle he was good value. Anyway, it seems like a viable base price 18 -21 may be possible; and if you do not go with Cleary. It is possible to have a formidable 1-17 with good cover for all positions...

Grant
    James Collins Utoikamanu
    Aitken Pangai-Junior
    Burton Hastings
    Bird Suli
    Srichton Papenhuyzen Simonsson

Cotter Ilias Faitala-Mariner Boyd

Moeroa Ese'ese Tass Wmith
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:55 am

My mate watches all the games and does well in fantasy. He says Burton is a must have, Curran is an 80 min beast, that Blore has the front running over Garner and that Davey and Hetherington could be good. Myself? I've no idea..
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:00 am

And these songs were gold.

Come gather 'round coaches
    Wherever you roam
    And admit that the old guns
    Around you have gone
    And accept it that
    Smitty will never come home
    If your season to you is worth savin'
    And you better get Cleary
    Or you'll sink like a stone
    For the times they are a-changin'

The must be some value Hookers here
    Said the Wookie to the Cow
    There's too much confusion
    I can't afford Grant now

Centers they, go suck my balls
    Bench props left right out
    None will turn a decent buck
    MattNZ will pout
    hey hey

Just go copy MTB
    No Worries kindly spoke
    There are many here among us
    Who know that Welshy's but a joke.
    But you and I we've been through that
    And KFC is not our fate
    So don't waste times on Rabbit posts
    The hour is getting late
    hey

All along the forum threads
    The drunkards spilled their views
    While the TBs came and went,
    And Vlandys changed the rules.
    Outside on the benches
    The cash cows did moo
    WT2K posted tweets
    Random's team was poo

{wild guitar solo}
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:40 am

Pookus McFly wrote:Yup, the secret buy signal will be Jayden Nimorima named at 9 for round 1 with Cheese at 13.

My fantasy team can’t repel PODs of that magnitude
     NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 92 - Fanatics Anonymous Off Season - Page 26 2893f510

So no one will buy Grant then because BSmith is suspended also Laughing

BSmith, Munster and Chris Lewis also suspended R1 for the mysterious white powder saga
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:10 am

Camo123 wrote:

So no one will buy Grant then because BSmith is suspended also Laughing

BSmith, Munster and Chris Lewis also suspended R1 for the mysterious white powder saga

Oh snap, that’s quite a leap of faith on the Grant pick then. I think I am still in, Smith at 13 is the Storm’s best shot at a premiership, even if Bellamy is mad at him. It just makes too much sense.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:36 am

Pookus McFly wrote:

Oh snap, that’s quite a leap of faith on the Grant pick then. I think I am still in, Smith at 13 is the Storm’s best shot at a premiership, even if Bellamy is mad at him. It just makes too much sense.

*whispers* I know he's the Aussie media golden boy and yes he is very good, but Storm were better last year when Smith was at hooker than when Grant was at hooker, and Bellamy does like to win. Can't see Smith not spending at least some time at dummy half.

Cook's pretty much my first pick and not gonna leave my team. 80 minutes guaranteed, doesn't miss tackles like Grant, should run more with Bennett not there, should kick more with Reynolds not there. Set and forget in difficult position.
    imNotintheNRLwinkwink

Post by imNotintheNRLwinkwink Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:12 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:Does anyone know what happened to Ese'ese last year? He got sent off in Round 10 and did not play again all season. The year before that at Newcastle he was good value. Anyway, it seems like a viable base price 18 -21 may be possible; and if you do not go with Cleary. It is possible to have a formidable 1-17 with good cover for all positions...

Grant
    James Collins Utoikamanu
    Aitken Pangai-Junior
    Burton Hastings
    Bird Suli
    Srichton Papenhuyzen Simonsson

Cotter Ilias Faitala-Mariner Boyd

Moeroa Ese'ese Tass Wmith

You need the elite captain option though, alot of good players last year didn't start with Cleary and were just too behind when they finally got him to get a solid ranking (top 1k) even though they had a good team, captain roulette can be a bitch lol
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:53 pm

Camo123 wrote:

Yeah it's a tricky one. It may be worth the punt to "save a trade" for a season in which trades will be probably be very valuable.
    You can probably survive the first round by playing someone like Verrills, Cotter, or JCook. Whoever your back-up is.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:16 pm

Chewie wrote:

Yeah it's a tricky one. It may be worth the punt to "save a trade" for a season in which trades will be probably be very valuable.
    You can probably survive the first round by playing someone like Verrills, Cotter, or JCook. Whoever your back-up is.

I've currently got Grant as my HOK, but I'm far from set on him.
    I probably prefer him over Damien Cook largely because of the $70k step up, but ultimately I'd rather a HOK cheapie show up.

Fingers crossed for one or more of Verrills, JCook, or Cotter (especially if Lolo ends up on the outer) etc...

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:43 pm

I have Starling as my hooker but this is dependent on him starting of course...Hodgson could be on the outer if he's off in 2023 & he may start on the bench if Ricky decides & has the confidence in Starling to do the job. Hodgson from the bench could play a Watson style role where he spells the big men rather than Starling.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:56 pm

Holy Moly wrote:My mate watches all the games and does well in fantasy. He says Burton is a must have, Curran is an 80 min beast, that Blore has the front running over Garner and that Davey and Hetherington could be good. Myself? I've no idea..

I'm not sure Burton is a must have but a wait & see...I assume Averillo & Burton will be the halves & imo Averillo is the better gk & has more yardage on the kicks from general play. It's also a new club for Burton & quite a bit of a downgrade from the Panthers to the Bulldogs & he won't have a well oiled team around him to make things easier.
    I assume your mate means in the ctr position Burton is a must have but I'd rather have cheap ctrs & 593k is a bit too steep for me for a ctr. This prices him at 48 pts & if he isn't the gk & the main kicker in general play & is just relying on his running game he could even drop in price.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:02 pm

You have to be careful with players at new clubs because no matter how much work you do in pre season the combinations in match situations take a while to gel. Look at big Tino in his first year at the Titans last year we all thought he was going to excel but early it didn't pan out.
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:04 pm

White Lightning wrote:

I'm not sure Burton is a must have but a wait & see...I assume Averillo & Burton will be the halves & imo Averillo is the better gk & has more yardage on the kicks from general play. It's also a new club for Burton & quite a bit of a downgrade from the Panthers to the Bulldogs & he won't have a well oiled team around him to make things easier.
    I assume your mate means in the ctr position Burton is a must have but I'd rather have cheap ctrs & 593k is a bit too steep for me for a ctr. This prices him at 48 pts & if he isn't the gk & the main kicker in general play & is just relying on his running game he could even drop in price.

I'm not sure my mate knows where he is putting Burton. What you said makes a lot of sense. Especially when Burton will be playing for a team that's been hanging at the bottom.

Any thoughts on Savage? Is he a decent shot at getting the fullback role?

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 2:54 am