NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Gaming Thread

manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

The Gaming Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Gaming Thread

Post by manlybeaver Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:32 pm

So bought a ps4 vr headset and RE. Have never felt so unsettled playing a video game. Looking forward to play fallout 4 and doom in VR when they come out.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:21 am

No Worries wrote:I nerded out and watched some youtube reviews on Crash. Apparently to keep the 3 games the same they have used the jump mechanics from Crash 3 across the entire trilogy, this has made 1 & 2 more difficult and also less forgiving when it comes to falling off ledges etc. The rope trik still works on the bridge levels

Yeah, apparently in the old school game, crash was more-or-less a running rectangle with a bandicoot animation inside it, so the edges of his box were a lot more forgiving when edging close to the lip of a cliff. By the 3rd game, he'd progressed to more of a pill shape and the edges where the box used to be don't count any more.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:39 am

Finally got into Mass Effect after ignoring it after the awful reviews, i'm a bit torn, it is the worst game in the Mass Effect series but if it wasn't connected to the brand i don't think it'd have gotten the amount of hate it did, it plays a lot like DA Inquisition and i'm enjoying my time with it well enough to see it through to the end.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:25 pm

Random wrote:

I don't have an xbox at all, but just saw you guys got Grow Up as a free game this month which is a nice quirky game if you are into the indy sort of stuff.

Cheers mate, I'll give it a squeeze later on.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:20 am

surmo13 wrote:Finally got into Mass Effect after ignoring it after the awful reviews, i'm a bit torn, it is the worst game in the Mass Effect series but if it wasn't connected to the brand i don't think it'd have gotten the amount of hate it did, it plays a lot like DA Inquisition and i'm enjoying my time with it well enough to see it through to the end.

Yeah, I'm a massive fan but haven't played the latest purely due to reviews. I figured it couldn't be as shit as it was made out to be, but comparatively reviewers didn't rate it, and that doesn't necessarily make it bad, but just not as good as the others-which were great.

Post by Guest Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:43 pm

SI wrote:

Yeah, I'm a massive fan but haven't played the latest purely due to reviews.  I figured it couldn't be as shit as it was made out to be, but comparatively reviewers didn't rate it, and that doesn't necessarily make it bad, but just not as good as the others-which were great.

timely conversation to have, supposedly EA are bringing a 10-hour free trial of Andromeda to all systems, but unfortunately it has the same problem as to what put me off the Overwatch free weekends, ie. you have to download the full 43-gig game to access it
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:47 pm

Rugby League Live 4

Preview
    https://press-start.com.au/news/playstation/2017/07/14/rugby-league-live-4-gameplay/
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:48 pm

surmo13 wrote:

timely conversation to have, supposedly EA are bringing a 10-hour free trial of Andromeda to all systems, but unfortunately it has the same problem as to what put me off the Overwatch free weekends, ie. you have to download the full 43-gig game to access it

It shows their positivity towards whether you will like the game - if you like it and buy it you've already got it installed so you can instantly play it. If they made you download 43GB after a free trial most people wouldn't want to do that.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:02 pm

surmo13 wrote:
    SI wrote:

Yeah, I'm a massive fan but haven't played the latest purely due to reviews.  I figured it couldn't be as shit as it was made out to be, but comparatively reviewers didn't rate it, and that doesn't necessarily make it bad, but just not as good as the others-which were great.

Yeah, data is like gold for me living in the sticks just outside Perth. 50 gig is pretty much it unless I want to pay a couple of hundred a month. I am literally updating Halo Wars 2 (16 gig) over a 2 month billing cycle Laugh 3 Crying or Very sad
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:09 pm

SI wrote:

Yeah, data is like gold for me living in the sticks just outside Perth.  50 gig is pretty much it unless I want to pay a couple of hundred a month.  I am literally updating Halo Wars 2 (16 gig) over a 2 month billing cycle Laugh 3 Crying or Very sad

You're welcome to drive on down to Scarborough and hook up your xbox and update all the stuff you need to mate. I've got unlimited.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:54 pm

Honeysett wrote:

It shows their positivity towards whether you will like the game - if you like it and buy it you've already got it installed so you can instantly play it. If they made you download 43GB after a free trial most people wouldn't want to do that.

i think finding a way to even just half the download size for a trial would've been the way to go, then download the other half for the full purchase, as it stands i don't see a great deal of people downloading 43 gig for a game they might only drop a few hours into before deciding it's not for them, but i do appreciate that i have no idea how they might've done that and it prolly would've been a hell of a lot easier said than done.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:06 pm

surmo13 wrote:

i think finding a way to even just half the download size for a trial would've been the way to go, then download the other half for the full purchase, as it stands i don't see a great deal of people downloading 43 gig for a game they might only drop a few hours into before deciding it's not for them, but i do appreciate that i have no idea how they might've done that and it prolly would've been a hell of a lot easier said than done.

Yeah it's bloody tough to do - they're obviously short of projected sales so need to boost something to get it over the line. Spending more money to make a trial version of the game would be counter productive. I do get ya though - especially if it's a weekend free special and you find out on Sunday you're not going to do it are ya haha
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:25 pm

Currently addicted to the simplest of mobile puzzle games called - 1010 puzzle.
    Have purchased and not yet played the new Outlast either.

Has anyone here got into Elite Dangerous and recommend it ?
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:12 pm

Alright been playing the new Crash for a good 5 days or so now, only Crash 1 so far.

One of my new favourite hobbies is to watch Youtube videos of people raging.

"Game........Over" If I had $1 for everytime I've seen that...
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:25 pm

Legendary raids in POGO right now. Tons of people turn up its crazy lol

And people said this game was dead....
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:19 pm

I bought a 4tb hard drive for my xbox on the weekend to store all my games. Fuck me it's so much better than only have 10 games on my xbox. By the end of this week I'll have my whole library on there which will be 50 odd games, then I won't have redownload them when I get the new xbox one x
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:11 am

Finch wrote:Legendary raids in POGO right now. Tons of people turn up its crazy lol

For the uninitiated... POGO?
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:25 pm

ryno_ wrote:

For the uninitiated... POGO?

Pokemon Go
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:07 am

Finch wrote:

Pokemon Go

Ah. Didnt realise that was still a thing.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:25 pm

Finch wrote:Legendary raids in POGO right now. Tons of people turn up its crazy lol

It's kind of amazing, the catastrophic and absolute failure that was 'GO Fest' probably should've been the death knell for it, but in the aftermath, i haven't seen this many people out playing since the initial hysteria after its release

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:31 am