NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NFL Dynasty Startup

danaconda86
    danaconda86

NFL Dynasty Startup Empty NFL Dynasty Startup

Post by danaconda86 Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:07 pm

Hey all,

I’m keen to start a dynasty cash league this year (haven’t been able to convince the majority of my friends & fam league to move from redraft).

Open to all suggestions re platform (usually use ESPN, but I hear sleeper is good for dynasty), league settings (roster format / super flex) and annual buy-in (I would say min $100 to keep it interesting).

I would say a 10 or preferably a 12 team league, with owners committed for the long haul.

If we can’t get 10/12, I should be able to get a few others (but would be good to keep it with people on here).

Suggest a slow draft much like what we did for the NRL draft, open to either regular snake draft or auction for the initial startup.

Let me know if your keen.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

NFL Dynasty Startup Empty Re: NFL Dynasty Startup

Post by Mearcats Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:33 pm

danaconda86 wrote:Hey all,

I’m keen to start a dynasty cash league this year (haven’t been able to convince the majority of my friends & fam league to move from redraft).

Open to all suggestions re platform (usually use ESPN, but I hear sleeper is good for dynasty), league settings (roster format / super flex) and annual buy-in (I would say min $100 to keep it interesting).

I would say a 10 or preferably a 12 team league, with owners committed for the long haul.

If we can’t get 10/12, I should be able to get a few others (but would be good to keep it with people on here).

Suggest a slow draft much like what we did for the NRL draft, open to either regular snake draft or auction for the initial startup.

Let me know if your keen.

I could be interested Danaconda but at 100 big ones I'd wanna know who is along for the ride first to ensure people are invested. My pet hate is dynasty leagues that close after a year due to lack of interest.

danaconda86
    danaconda86

Post by danaconda86 Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:41 am

Mearcats wrote:

I could be interested Danaconda but at 100 big ones I'd wanna know who is along for the ride first to ensure people are invested. My pet hate is dynasty leagues that close after a year due to lack of interest.

Thanks for the reply!

The biggest worry, especially with a dynasty league, is that people lose interest and the league has inactive teams. I think being a cash league, people should be more invested in keeping active in roster management, trades etc.
    Thought I'd throw the suggestion out here and see if we can get any solid interest.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:56 pm

danaconda86 wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

The biggest worry, especially with a dynasty league, is that people lose interest and the league has inactive teams. I think being a cash league, people should be more invested in keeping active in roster management, trades etc.
    Thought I'd throw the suggestion out here and see if we can get any solid interest.
    Just saw this and I’d be keen. If you’re still planning it or have a spot open I’m interested
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:42 am

I'd be keen if it is a 12 team, superflex and on Sleeper. $100 is pretty hectic though, especially when you should be asking people to pay a few seasons in advance (and you should if you allow draft pick trading, and you should).
    danaconda86
    danaconda86

Post by danaconda86 Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:14 am

Enchanted Glossy Flamingo wrote:I'd be keen if it is a 12 team, superflex and on Sleeper. $100 is pretty hectic though, especially when you should be asking people to pay a few seasons in advance (and you should if you allow draft pick trading, and you should).

12 team, superflex using sleeper sounds perfect (if we can get 12 people).

Happy to lower the buy-in amount - $100 was just a nominal amount to keep people interested.

Agree re paying seasons in advance as it would be very easy to completely fuck your roster with draft pick trading.
    danaconda86
    danaconda86

Post by danaconda86 Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:34 am

I've set up a 12 team Superflex dynasty league in sleeper, please join if you're keen and will be committed long term.

https://sleeper.app/i/QqkonRBDXo03

Hopefully we can get enough to join in the next week or two.

I've set the initial start-up draft to being an auction as this takes out any of the inherent advantages of a snake draft. For rookie drafts in subsequent years, I would propose a linear draft in reverse order of the previous season standings (like the NFL draft).

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 3:09 pm