NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Fanatics Survivor - Tribal discussion

B/L
    B/L

Fanatics Survivor - Tribal discussion Empty Fanatics Survivor - Tribal discussion

Post by B/L Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:39 pm

Remaining Members

MS
    Jumping Marlin
    SI
    Falcon Sloth
    Jumping Marlin
    Chucky
    Welshy
    Mulvy
    Teeth Eater
    Jelejasof

Jury Members

Mattnz
    B/L
    B/L

Fanatics Survivor - Tribal discussion Empty Re: Fanatics Survivor - Tribal discussion

Post by B/L Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:39 pm

.Fanatics Survivor - Tribal discussion Giphy

Last edited by B/L on Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    B/L
    B/L

Fanatics Survivor - Tribal discussion Empty Re: Fanatics Survivor - Tribal discussion

Post by B/L Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:54 pm

Tribal Questions Round 12

As mentioned tribal is now going to play a big role in the remainder of the game, the person who wins this game could come down to who plays this part of the game the best...too bold and you could paint a target on your head, too soft and you risk being labelled as safe making it near impossible to win the game.

I am going to start getting more brutal with my questioning from now on so expect some tough questions, it is also appropriate for you to chime in and "call out" or ask additional questions to your own tribes members if you deem it appropriate

@ FS - Who do you think the friendly neighbour is and why ?
    @ MS - It's obvious to everyone watching that you are steering this ship. What sort of pressures come with being the top dog in the best alliance in the game? Do you think it's possible you can win it with that sort of target on your head
    @ SI - How do you respond to rumours you have played this game very cautiously so far ? Can you win playing like that ?
    @ Teeth, you have been voted out once, what do you think you need to do to stay in the game
    @ Wolfie, it is no secret you are a bit of a swing vote between the two alliances as it stands, how crucial is it for you to make the right choice and are you concerned that being a swing vote, you are easily picked off come the final 4 or 5 ?
    @ Welshy, Do you think its time for a big move in the game, are you going to be involved in the big move when/if it comes ?
    @ Chucky , Do you know the whereabouts of any of the idols, if so do you expect to see them played soon, if not does this worry you.
    @Mulvy - Who do you think is the favourite to win the game right now and why
    @JM - Is there anyone inparticular who should be extra worried about tonights vote ?
    @Jelejasof - Do you think immunity has saved you tonight ?
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:57 pm

Too late

Last edited by FalconSloth on Mon May 02, 2022 4:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:11 pm

FalconSloth wrote:I’ve got absolutely no clue who the friendly neighbour is.

Are you concerned that if you do not possess the skills to unmask the friendly neighbour, then potentially you wont see a blindside coming ?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:48 pm

Favourite. Hmmm. Certainly not me, I can barely even manage to get my challenge responses in on time Embarassed

MS would be hard to go past, very strong on challenges for the most part. But with no idols being played yet, wouldn't surprise me if someone a bit more under the radar like Chucky to win this thing.
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:12 pm

Mulvy wrote:Favourite. Hmmm. Certainly not me, I can barely even manage to get my challenge responses in on time Embarassed

MS would be hard to go past, very strong on challenges for the most part. But with no idols being played yet, wouldn't surprise me if someone a bit more under the radar like Chucky to win this thing.
    Well I am a Manly fan and we like to fly under the radar.

I do not know where any idols are, and yes this obviously worries me.
    I don’t know how an idol is obtained so I can’t even take a guess.
    As none have yet been played, I can only assume there are plenty out there.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:13 pm

B/L wrote:Tribal Questions Round 12

@ MS - It's obvious to everyone watching that you are steering this ship. What sort of pressures come with being the top dog in the best alliance in the game? Do you think it's possible you can win it with that sort of target on your head

Guess I get the hard question first up

It's no secret that I play an important part in the best alliance in the game, possibly even survivor history.

There is plenty of stuff that goes on behind the scenes and definitely everyone has an input for how strategy works moving forward. While I wouldn't say I'm the top dog, I've thrown out some ideas that we have ended up going with. Some have gone well like Chucky's super team to get the double vote, some have gone poorly(sorry Studog). Ultimately the alliance works because we are all steering in the same direction.

This position is a double edged sword I feel. Apart from anything crazy going on I feel in a comfortable position to get through the next 3 weeks, from there anything could happen. Once we get to the pointy end being the favourite as Mulvy put it could see me on the chopping block.

Ultimately I think the game will come down to challenge wins and a well timed idol to swing a tribal council
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:35 pm

I’m too loyal to let others try and sway me from my original alliance, that’s just me on a personal level and not playing the game. I’m not a fan of letting people down who have stuck by through the thick and thin. I already know if I make it further in the the comp I’m going to find it difficult to put my votes against others in the alliance. I just don’t like it. So for me, I won’t be involved in any big swings
    Friendly Neighbour
    Friendly Neighbour

Post by Friendly Neighbour Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:21 pm

B/L wrote:

Are you concerned that if you do not possess the skills to unmask the friendly neighbour, then potentially you wont see a blindside coming ?

I think there are some things we don’t want to know. Important things!
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

Post by Jumping Marlin Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:21 pm

B/L wrote:Tribal Questions Round 12

@JM - Is there anyone inparticular who should be extra worried about tonights vote ?

No one should be worried about tonight's vote.  

Different story for tomorrow nights vote though.

There are a number of people who should be 'extra worried' tomorrow night.

1: Jumping Marlin should be worried because I feel like a fish out of water with a major mods alliance going on all around me.  

2: Teeth should be worried because he's already been sent packing once. And their ain't no teeth left on existing Jury members to eat if he gets sent packing after last weeks exile feast.

3: FalconSloth should be worried because he was saved last week by that necklace he had around his neck and last I checked he was not in the mod alliance.  

4: Those players who are not part of the the 5 person "Widow A Team" distribution list should be worried because after this week that 5 person alliance has absolute power. Welshy's answer above adds weight to the bonds of that alliance.  [And yes, that distribution list is not hidden from anyone.]

5: Welshy should be worried because he won't even talk to members outside his alliance.  Not even to say hello. And revenge is sweet.  Even if it takes 2 weeks.

6: The tight 5 alliance should be worried, because I'm trying to blow it up.  

7: With 2 idols still in the game, everyone apart from Welshy and Jelejasof should be worried

8: The length of this response shows that I am extra worried.  And the content I've just posted has increased my worriedness.  That looks like a target I've just waived in the air.

9: Anyone I haven't mentioned should be most worried, because that'd be a true blindside.

10: General viewers of the show should be worried, because they're awaiting a major blindside and look like getting let down again.  But refer point 9.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:49 pm

Every single scramble or moan about the game relates to posters whose alliance has crumbled and are panicking trying to change the game saying the game shouldn’t be played this way because they are trying so hard to change it for themselves.

Boo fucking hoo, pick your original members better, play the game better.

That distribution list has been there since the start, so well hidden....
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

Post by Jumping Marlin Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:02 pm

Welshy wrote:Every single scramble or moan about the game relates to posters whose alliance has crumbled and are panicking trying to change the game saying the game shouldn’t be played this way because they are trying so hard to change it for themselves.

Boo fucking hoo, pick your original members better, play the game better.

That distribution list has been there since the start, so well hidden....

affraid I assume this was in response to my post above?

I had hoped my tongue in cheek tone would have been a bit more obvious than what it apparently was.

Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:42 pm

B/L wrote:@ Teeth, you have been voted out once, what do you think you need to do to stay in the game

The two most obvious things I can do to stay in the game is to finish this time machine I've been building out of bamboo, sand and leftover teeth molecules, and then go back in time and win this week's immunity challenge.

And the other thing I can do is hope that people don't vote for me.

Other than that, I'm not sure. I hope that I've been able to keep my name out of the limelight this week, but sometimes that alone is not good enough if you cannot keep other particular names out of the limelight too.

So at the moment I have both my fingers, and my buttocks crossed, hoping that something a little unexpected might happen.

Direct point of a long-winded post is that there's nothing you can ever do to ensure you stay in the game, apart from winning Immunity. That's the only way to be entirely sure you're not going home. Those two guys with the Idols probably don't feel too worried either. But as evidenced previously in the game, even they are no guarantee of safety.
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:56 pm

B/L wrote:
    @Jelejasof - Do you think immunity has saved you tonight ?

to be honest, tomorrow’s tribal will be the first time i am confident i won’t be sent home. pretty sure i changed my avatar a couple of weeks ago because i figured harry’s head would look better in B/L’s post when i get eliminated
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:12 pm

In relation to my question;

I think the position I am in is an extremely difficult one. From my point of view, I could easily be picked off first no matter which way things go. Who knows which way is right, only hindsight can answer that one. It seems from which ever way you look at it going deep in this competition is going to be very tough. Trying to go deep in either alliance will be David Copperfield like.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:13 pm

I don't think I'm safe either. I'm always expecting a blindside.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:48 pm

Jumping Marlin should be worried because he chose not to side with me when he came to Minto.
    Teeth should be worried because he decided to play it safe in Minto.
    MS should be worried as he is a challenge beast...he should be safe for a while though with a strong alliance around him.
    Welshy is lucky to win immunity this week Razz
    And I'm glad Wolfie is still in it to win it
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:58 am

I’d like to see a big move tomorrow night but I expect it to be the boring same old!
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:10 am

Rabbits21 wrote:I’d like to see a big move tomorrow night but I expect it to be the boring same old!
    Washed back onto the island did you, thought you were too busy with work lad?

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:08 pm