NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

PhilGouldsChins
    PhilGouldsChins

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3 - Page 8 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

Post by PhilGouldsChins Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:24 pm

Big Kev wrote:Thanks for re posting the good word PGC. Deserves a thread of it's own.

Will you start the new season with Parker, Gallen & Fifi again??

Cheers Kev. Depends on cheapies come round 1. First draft has none of them and I don't see Fifita increasing his mins avg this season, although his PPM speaks for itself. Ideally will run at least one of Smith/Parker/Gal as a captain option and that will depend on where the value is come Rnd 1 TL's.
    Big Kev
    Big Kev

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3 - Page 8 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

Post by Big Kev Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:27 pm

I remember Griffin giving gillett & Glenn 80 more often then not on the edges. Hope the same goes for carty
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:57 pm

Bren wrote:
    From memory Parker still played 70+ mlns. Might have to ask the resident moocow as Im sure he will have the stats  to back it up.

In 2014 Parker averaged 64 minutes. Mostly he played around 65-75 minutes with a few other low minutes game in there (mostly around origin)
    17 games at prop, 2 as lock, 2 as 2nd row
    His fantasy average was 54.7

In 2015 he averaged 62 minutes. Played every game at lock.
    His fantasy average was 62.5

Not sure if you can apply the same thing to Merrin (should he go to prop), but if he does replicate Corey Parker he'll spend more time on the field, but be less busy (fantasy wise at least) while he's there
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:00 pm

Big Kev wrote:I remember Griffin giving gillett & Glenn 80 more often then not on the edges. Hope the same goes for carty

If Bryce Cartwright gets even a sniff of 80 minutes, he is a must buy.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:14 pm

PhilGouldsChins wrote:Giddy lads, been a bit quiet in here the last few days and I saw someone asking for the rundown of last season for PGC's in the previous thread. Thought I'd post it in here, hopefully sparks a bit of discussion.

My initial squad was:
    Farah Lichaa
    Fifita Gallen Kaufusi O'Brien
    Parker Guerra Harris James Santi Grevs
    Arey Cornish Brooks Niko
    Aubusson Soliola Kata Aitken
    Ted Tauk Moses Nabuli Lee

Now that you've stopped laughing, apart from Brooks, I was reasonably happy with my initial squad. I couldn't stretch to get Mortimer and I downgraded someone to Kaufusi during the first round to upgrade someone else, I can't remember who. Aubusson had been talked up by Robinson in pre-season and was going to spend some time at hooker. So had Aitken and Nabuli. Don't believe everything you read. In hindsight, I wish I'd started with Elgey over Brooks, who's name was being thrown around and saved the cash, but I offloaded him pretty quickly anyways. More out of embarrassment than anything else.

First thing I noticed here was the likes of Kaufusi, O'Brien, Santi, Grevs, Niko made up most of your NPR. Was this a deliberate tactic to fill out your squad with as many base price as possible to stack guns in starting 17? Do you feel like forcing these kinds of players in over players that had more secure spots(Lisone, Lolohea etc) hurt your position?

Also seems that aside from Tedesco you went very light in the backs. Will you be doing similar this year?

PhilGouldsChins wrote:Round 1 Scored 770, Rank 1704.

Round 2
    Kaufusi - Lisone, Brooks - Lolo
    Being a Warriors supporter I liked the look of these 2. Plus I'd started the year with Luke Brooks.......
    Scored 792 Rank 1295

Round 3
    Grevs - G Stewart, Aubusson - Coote
    Glenn Stewart was being awarded Ben Lowes points, what wasn't to like. Coote was named and a lock for the FB spot for the rest of the season and Aubusson wasn't spending enough time at hooker to warrant sticking with him. I got lucky starting the year with Aitken which allowed me to grab Coote at his basement price. It also set me up for the next couple of rounds with regard to cash-out trades.
    Scored 943 Rank 113

Round 4
    James - Friz, Nabuli - Bird
    There was a glut of mid-range 2RF's scoring well above their prices and James was doing his best to score in negatives every week through penalties and missed tackles. I personally thought he looked really disinterested, so my first important decision had to be made. I went with Friz over Lowe, probably because I was secretly part of the anti-headband brigade. Nabuli to Bird was an easy decision. He was/is the slowest Fijian I have ever seen.
    Scored 890 Rank 59

Round 5
    Lisone - JTurbo, Santi - Lovett
    Lisone had peaked and JTurbo was scoring reasonably consistent mid 30's for a guy less than $150k. Lovett had the lowest BE going round and looked good for a 4th scoring reserve, capable of base 40's and had obviously taken Santi's spot for the time being. Cash generation was the biggest priority, especially considering my starting 16 was holding it's own.
    Scored 917 Rank 30

Looks like you used this period to fix initial mistakes in the squad and bring in the best cash cow options. Was using maximum trades in this period an attempt to avoid falling behind or did it just work out that you had two worthy trades to make each week?

PhilGouldsChins wrote: Round 6
    Guerra - Tolman, Arey - SJ
    Probably would have preferred to not trade this round, but with Guerra breaking his jaw and James Graham trying his best to amputate Arey's leg, my hand was forced. Tolman seemed logical, with Graham out an increase in minutes was on the cards plus he had great byes. My second tough decision had to be made as to who would replace Arey. Hunt v SJ. At $100k cheaper and bottomed out, as well as being a Warriors supporter, I opted for SJ. Hunt scored 90 that round......Nevertheless, I moved into the top 10 for the first time during the season.
    Scored 896 Rank 6

Round 7
    Fif - Gurgess, Cornish - Blake
    Fifita got suspended and Cornish got dropped for no apparent reason. Gurgess looked great with byes not far away and was always in my plans, Blake was regrettable but with my starting 17 still scoring well, he was the only option for a cash grab.
    Scored 852 Rank 15

Round 8
    Gallen - Fensom, O'Brien - Turgess
    Gallen ruptured his arse and O'Brien was sitting there doing nothing, so I decided to invest in Turgess who had moved into the starting 13, fantastic byes and looked like he had a great work rate, although not necessarily the TB ability of his brother. Fensom was always in my plans for Rnd 11 and my final 17, so he was an easy choice to replace Gal.
    Scored 791 Rank 19

Round 9
    Lolo - Hoeter, GStewart - Mannering
    With Rnd 11 around the corner and Lolo looking like he had peaked, in came Hooters. GStewart got injured right before round 11, the keyant, otherwise I probably would have held him. There were a few options that probably would have helped more with the byes, but Mannering was outscoring all of them by plenty and before he got out of sight price wise, I thought it was a good idea to get him in sooner rather than later.
    Scored 859 Rank 23

Round 10
    Kata - Gray, Aitken - DCE
    Kata to Gray for the byes, with Sol and Bird averaging more than enough for starting centres, plus I needed to fund my Aitken upgrade. DCE had been tearing it up with Foran out injured, but I made the first trade that I truly regretted, bringing him in instead of Hunt. He subsequently got injured, still managed to score 56 but missed Rnd 12. I thought the wheels had fallen off.
    Scored 952 Rank 27

Aside from Cornish to Blake these all seem like pretty straight forward bye trades. What pushed you towards choosing Blake when everyone else was going for halves? Was it purely price based or simply didn't want disrupt the starting 17? Was it a cash out with a look towards the byes and an upgrade the next week?

PhilGouldsChins wrote:

Round 11
    Farah - Peats, JTurbo - Faaoso
    Farah to Peats, easy decision for the byes, although I came close to bringing in Luke as he jumped back into the starting side for Rnd 11. JTurbo to Faaoso was probably my worst trade of the season. Being an Eel, I thought Faaoso would be good for 20-30 points Rnd 11,14,17. Hahahaha, what ***ked me off most was that I'd had Sam Hoare in my side all week leading up to lockout (He scored 45 Rnd 11, 34 Rnd 17). Faaoso got beat up by the Burgii, scored me 11 points and was never seen again.
    Scored 794 Rank 12

Round 12
    Tolman - Bromwich, Lovett - Leary
    Although Tolman to Bromwich was uber sideways, he played Rnd 12 and Tolman didn't and he was always going to be part of my final 17. Plus I didn't expect Graham to be so gammy for the rest of the season. My second sideways trade of the Rnd was Lovett to Leary. Leary starting at lock and tackling the house down seemed like a good idea at the time and to be fair, I got Rnd 12 and 13 out of him before he became a myth. Lovett destroyed the remaining byes. In hindsight an absolute waste of a trade.
    Scored 816 Rank 21

Round 13
    Harris - RTS
    You guys will be happy, only the one trade this round. Harris got shifted to the centres so I decided to hold Tauk for Rnd 14 instead of him. Literally a last minute decision on the train into the city here in Melbourne.
    Scored 820 Rank 21

Round 14
    Friz - RFM, Blake - Olive, Lee - Bhunt
    Rnd 14 and holding Tauk worked a treat. Friz wasn't in the plans for my final 17 (Gallen was as a 4th 2RF, with 3 Hlfs), Bhunt was, so I pulled the trigger knowing I could probably make up the points lost in Rnd 15. Blake to Olive was purely to fund the trade and RFM provided me with an extra player for the big bye round. He also played an important part in my score Rnd 15. Another stuff up this round however, with the VC on George 'Anaconda' Burgess instead of Teddy. Ended up costing me 44 points.
    Scored 695 Rank 56

Round 15
    Peats - Smith, Turg - Fifita
    Peats suffered another long term injury and with Smith only having the one bye remaining, the decision to bring him in was pretty easy. Fifita was also out of origin contention and was part of the plans for my final 17, plus he played Rnd 17, another easy decision and easily justifiable as I was only 1-2 players short of my final 17. Ended up needing an AE this round too, enter RFM and his 50 points. Moses even squeezed out a 54, bless him.
    Scored 992 Rank 23

Round 16
    No trades!!!!! Felt bizarre, but Gallen and maybe Macca, were the last players I needed to complete my final 17. Was happy to wait until after Rnd 17.
    Scored 1025 Rank 8

Round 17
    Lichaa - Macca, Leary - Marketo
    Six trades left at this stage and I was going to struggle to put even close to double figures on the park for the last big bye. Once again I made the focus the Rnd after and ditched Lichaa for Macca. Leary to Marketo gave me 1, yes 1, 2RF for Rnd 17 and the cash I needed to go from Tau to Gallen post Origin.
    Scored 578 Rank 51

Round 18
    No trades
    4 trades left. I had one to make for my final 17 and 3 for the run home. Somehow, with only 10 players for Rnd 17, which included only 3 forwards, I still didn't drop out of the top 100. Although I wasn't out of touch with the leaders and my team was going to look great on paper once I brought Gallen in, I certainly hadn't considered even being close to winning the comp at this stage.
    Scored 889 Rank 31

Bye period seems very interesting. Looks like you focused heavily on the early byes to the detriment of round 17 including a few very sideways trades that just shifted numbers to earlier in the bye period. Do you feel like going too heavy early on trades forced you to skimp on round 17?

PhilGouldsChins wrote:
    Round 19
    Tauk - Gallen
    3 trades left. Team complete. I had all the players I thought had the most potential for consistent point scoring, with the odd big score here and there, for the run in. Although this meant not a lot of differentials, particularly in the back 5. Fingers crossed for no injuries so I could use those trades for POD's! ha.
    Scored 970 Rank 22

Round 20
    No trades
    Getting through a round this late in the season, without anyone going down, was extremely rare, I should have touched wo......that would make it too easy for Hench etc. What I should have done was not get my hopes up, especially for my poor old Warriors who were currently sitting in the top 8.
    Scored 1011 Rank 21

Round 21
    SJ - Thurs, Fif - WGraham
    Tom Symonds ruined SJ's ankle and the Warriors chances of a top 8 finish. Choices here were scarce and it came down to Arey v Thurs. With the Bunnies still battling to stay in the 8, I toyed with the idea of Arey for a few days, but ultimately Thurs was in career best form and the Cowboys were on the verge of a top 2 finish, so he still had plenty to play for. Fifita showed just how much of a liability he truly can be. Although his punishment hadn't been handed down yet, with his track record I was expecting him to be out for enough of the run home to make a difference, so I ditched him for a red hot Wade Graham. In all truthfulness, if Merrin had of finished his suspension Rnd 21, I would have brought him in, but he still had a round to go, so Wade it was. In the end, he was the difference maker but more on that later.
    Scored 1003 Rank 12
    Being amongst the first to finalise your 17 while others were leaving points on the table every week looks like it propelled you up the table. Did you pick Thurston and Graham purely because they were on form or was there a POD element to it?
    PhilGouldsChins wrote:
    Round 22
    Sol - Dugan
    1 trade left and Soliola breaks his jaw. Dugan was really the only option for me, although a massive injury risk with no trades left and only Aaron Gray for back-up in the centres and Nikorima as my AE go to guy. He was easily outscoring everyone else in his position though and maybe a slight POD at this stage. Ranked just outside the top 10 going into the round, I figured it was well worth a shot.
    Scored 1025 Rank 7

Round 23
    No trades
    Although I'd climbed back into the top 10, I still didn't think I was much of a chance. Can't remember how far behind I was at this point, but it was enough for me to not be too excited about being in 7th. At this point of the season, I wasn't actually watching a lot of league. With the Warriors stinking it up and no trades left, there wasn't much point. I'd check in occasionally on the app, but that was about it.
    Scored 1006 Rank 5

Round 24
    No trades
    A massive turning point this round with ET getting injured early and only scoring 6. I knew at least one team above me had him and with trades being scarce (surely!), I thought this might move me a bit closer to the leader. Turns out, the leader had ET and he dropped to 4th. Out of the teams now in the top 3, one other team, Mansion, had a pretty similar starting 17 to mine with the only difference being Gurg v Arey. Out of the top 3 I thought our 17's looked the most competitive, with the leader, The Pythons, still having Lichaa, even though he was injured. Turns out he wasn't out of trades.
    Scored 920 Rank 3

Round 25
    No trades
    So, probably the first time I realized I had a legitimate chance of winning this thing.  Only 25 points or so behind first with a couple of POD players and an all important captain choice. I narrowed it down to Smith vs Parker, with the Storm needing a win to stay in touch with the top four and at home, he was the most logical choice and there was always the risk the Broncs could blow out and Parker gets rested. Seemed a pretty straight forward decision. Yea, well I went Parker….Ended up costing me 15 points, which might not seem like a lot, but I ended up winning the comp by less than 30 points, it could make all the difference. First had ditched Lichaa for Macca too meaning we had pretty similar sides.
    Scored 1005 Rank 3

Round 26
    No trades
    I was still in with a shot even though I’d slipped further behind. After seeking advice from Milch, KFP and Shanbon throughout the final few rounds, I decided Gallen was a big enough POD with safe enough game security to captain Rnd 17. RTS and Smith were both options, although I had my doubts about Smith who’d scored well the week before due to it being wet in Melbourne, which increased his km’s. First had brought in Thurston for Arey to minimize OD’s, which meant we only had Merrin (scored 40) v Graham (69), Marketo (37, game went to Golden Point) v Tolman (42), Coote  (59) v GI (AE), Smith c  (56) v Gallen c (57). 2nd had Arey (22), Merrin and Lane (2) and captained RTS (72).  Heading into the Sunday, after the Sharks had narrowly lost to the Sea Eagles, I was unbelievably sitting in first, with only my mighty Warriors to go, playing a Bulldogs side still to make the 8. It also meant I was around 40 points ahead of 3rd,  Mansion, who still had Lane to play and I’d already beaten the Pythons, who I felt a little sorry for considering he’d lead for about the last 5-6 rounds. As a brief aside, Wade Graham dudded me a couple of seasons ago going for a weekly. With him in my side, he got injured in the first half and I ended up coming second for the round by 12 points. He made up for it in Rnd 26 though, by scoring a try and having a blinder against Manly which basically sealed 1st spot. So if you’re out there Wade, I owe you a high five.

Anyways, I needed my mighty Warrior to stand up, thinking, if it was a close enough game, Lane might not see much game time with the Doggies having to win to confirm their spot in the 8. The mofo’s delivered! Although I was too nervous to watch the game, the Warriors lead for most of it and Lane only got 12 mins for a measly score of 2.

It didn’t really sink in straight away, plus updates were still to be added, so I dared not get too excited, but I checked the app on the hour that night until I could be sure I’d won. Needless to say, winning the $20K has made a huge difference to my life (and mortgage) and I couldn’t have asked for a better grand final!

Once again, huge thanks to the ol Sportal guru’s, Milch for the spreadsheets, the artist formerly known as KFP, Shanbon, SI and anyone else I’ve missed for the advice, support and ultimately a great place to talk about league. Here’s hoping one of the Fanatics can take it out again this year!

PGC’s.

Nothing really left to analyse the rest of the season. At that point its sit back and pray for some luck with captain choices. Are there any other places you think you could have improved? Congrats on a great season.
    PhilGouldsChins
    PhilGouldsChins

Post by PhilGouldsChins Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:10 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

First thing I noticed here was the likes of Kaufusi, O'Brien, Santi, Grevs, Niko made up most of your NPR. Was this a deliberate tactic to fill out your squad with as many base price as possible to stack guns in starting 17? Do you feel like forcing these kinds of players in over players that had more secure spots(Lisone, Lolohea etc) hurt your position?

Also seems that aside from Tedesco you went very light in the backs. Will you be doing similar this year?

I think the Guns/Rookies strategy usually works best. Last year however, it was the year of the mid-range 2RF (Guerra/Friz/Harris/Lowe/Stewart etc.). This year it's looking like there will be a shortage of rookies come round 1 and with the rule changes, I think finding value in players that might increase in minutes is the way to go. Probably nothing everyone on here didn't already know.

For what it's worth, CTR/WFB are the positions where scores seem to fluctuate the most, but there does seem to be a bit of value in the mid-range there this year.

Looks like you used this period to fix initial mistakes in the squad and bring in the best cash cow options. Was using maximum trades in this period an attempt to avoid falling behind or did it just work out that you had two worthy trades to make each week?

Purely for $$$.

Aside from Cornish to Blake these all seem like pretty straight forward bye trades. What pushed you towards choosing Blake when everyone else was going for halves? Was it purely price based or simply didn't want disrupt the starting 17? Was it a cash out with a look towards the byes and an upgrade the next week?

Pretty sure the Blake trade was to fund the Gurgess upgrade. Guy turned out to be one of the worst finishers I've ever seen, couldn't score in a nympho anonymous meeting.

Bye period seems very interesting. Looks like you focused heavily on the early byes to the detriment of round 17 including a few very sideways trades that just shifted numbers to earlier in the bye period. Do you feel like going too heavy early on trades forced you to skimp on round 17?

By this stage I was more focused on my final 17 and subsequently the rounds following the major bye rounds. Goal for this year is to minimise the sideways trades.

Being amongst the first to finalise your 17 while others were leaving points on the table every week looks like it propelled you up the table. Did you pick Thurston and Graham purely because they were on form or was there a POD element to it?

Form and timing. Would have preferred Merrin, but needed to make up for lost points during the last couple of byes. Plus with Fifita suspended, Graham seemed like a reasonable choice.

Nothing really left to analyse the rest of the season. At that point its sit back and pray for some luck with captain choices. Are there any other places you think you could have improved? Congrats on a great season.

Cheers MS. I'll be doing my best to minimise dumb trades this year!
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:20 pm

Hi everyone,
    A big thanks to everyone who put this site together. Great work
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:51 pm

Congrats again on the win last year PGC, and thanks for the week to week rundown.
    It's a great read.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:06 pm

Milchcow wrote:

In 2014 Parker averaged 64 minutes. Mostly he played around 65-75 minutes with a few other low minutes game in there (mostly around origin)
    17 games at prop, 2 as lock, 2 as 2nd row
    His fantasy average was 54.7

In 2015 he averaged 62 minutes. Played every game at lock.
    His fantasy average was 62.5

Not sure if you can apply the same thing to Merrin (should he go to prop), but if he does replicate Corey Parker he'll spend more time on the field, but be less busy (fantasy wise at least) while he's there

Cheers. So basically we shouldn't expect too much difference in minutes and it's up to the players for their stats. As long as Merrin is in the 2nd row he is a risky buy given the tackle machine of ET
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:25 pm

PhilGouldsChins wrote:

Cheers MS. I'll be doing my best to minimise dumb trades this year!

Thanks for the insight PCG
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:05 pm

Fantastic write up PGC, and massive congrats mate!

Main bit of info that I extracted from it, is that you are in fact a member of the anti headband crew

Great to have a winner in he mix!
    Speedball Deluxe
    Speedball Deluxe

Post by Speedball Deluxe Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:22 pm

From daily telegraph website article: sorry can't copy link for some reason. Copied text from a /nrl subreddit post.

RUGBY league fans are about to receive a surprise February footy fix after the NRL performed a pre-season backflip and now allowed clubs to stream trial games.

Several clubs had approached the NRL about streaming trials so they could showcase their big off-season recruits to the ever-growing digital audience.

The Wests Tigers and Cronulla pre-season clash proved a huge success when shown live online last year.

However, NRL head of football Todd Greenberg wrote to the clubs in a December 15 letter, which was obtained by The Daily Telegraph, that they wouldn’t be allowed stream trials because Channel Nine had exclusive rights to broadcast pre-season matches, ‘’irrespective of whether it does in fact choose to broadcast the pre-season matches’’.

But in a second letter sent last week, Greenberg advised the clubs the NRL had struck a deal with Nine, and ‘’obtained its consent to allow pre-season matches to be streamed by clubs through their websites, should your club wish to do so’’.

Greenberg added the clubs could only show trials via their websites, would have to pay for their own production costs, but the trials would ‘’remain the property of the NRL, and be available for use by the NRL’’.

Fox Sports has also confirmed they will broadcast three pre-season matches, including the Charity Shield on February 13, the New Zealand Warriors and Gold Coast Titans trial earlier that day, as well as Kieran Foran and Michael Jennings’ likely first outing for Parramatta against Penrith at Pepper Stadium on February 20.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:29 pm

Speedball Deluxe wrote:From daily telegraph website article: sorry can't copy link for some reason. Copied text from a /nrl subreddit post.

RUGBY league fans are about to receive a surprise February footy fix after the NRL performed a pre-season backflip and now allowed clubs to stream trial games.

Several clubs had approached the NRL about streaming trials so they could showcase their big off-season recruits to the ever-growing digital audience.

The Wests Tigers and Cronulla pre-season clash proved a huge success when shown live online last year.

However, NRL head of football Todd Greenberg wrote to the clubs in a December 15 letter, which was obtained by The Daily Telegraph, that they wouldn’t be allowed stream trials because Channel Nine had exclusive rights to broadcast pre-season matches, ‘’irrespective of whether it does in fact choose to broadcast the pre-season matches’’.

But in a second letter sent last week, Greenberg advised the clubs the NRL had struck a deal with Nine, and ‘’obtained its consent to allow pre-season matches to be streamed by clubs through their websites, should your club wish to do so’’.

Greenberg added the clubs could only show trials via their websites, would have to pay for their own production costs, but the trials would ‘’remain the property of the NRL, and be available for use by the NRL’’.

Fox Sports has also confirmed they will broadcast three pre-season matches, including the Charity Shield on February 13, the New Zealand Warriors and Gold Coast Titans trial earlier that day, as well as Kieran Foran and Michael Jennings’ likely first outing for Parramatta against Penrith at Pepper Stadium on February 20.
    Hopefully i will be able to get hold of some of the trial games on premier sports over here
    Finger Puppet Mafia
    Finger Puppet Mafia

Post by Finger Puppet Mafia Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:10 pm

Milchcow wrote:

If Bryce Cartwright gets even a sniff of 80 minutes, he is a must buy.

It might be me but I though Cartwright scores were all over the place last year regardless of the minutes he played. In a couple of games he played 80 he scored less than when he was playing 50 to 60. I can just see that Panthers pack frustrating the hell out of us with rotation of the excessive amounts of forwards they have and not knowing what their best team actually is.

So is he worth the risk. I say yes as he is is a damm good player and hasnt reach anywhere near his playing and fantasy peak.
    Finger Puppet Mafia
    Finger Puppet Mafia

Post by Finger Puppet Mafia Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:12 pm

On a side note boys how are you going to manage leagues this year without the ability to screen shot where we finished last year.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:17 pm

Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:On a side note boys how are you going to manage leagues this year without the ability to screen shot where we finished last year.

I believe SI and Bren have a screenshot of the SUG rankings, not sure what happens with anyone who wasn't involved in that last year mind?
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:33 pm

Speedball Deluxe wrote:From daily telegraph website article: sorry can't copy link for some reason. Copied text from a /nrl subreddit post.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-in-talks-to-decide-if-clubs-should-be-able-to-stream-trial-games/news-story/5f768fba568f6e07c3c7d4b9d5683412

I think this is the article? for anyone interested in reading more.

Edit:
    Actually this looks to be the newest one, didn't see it when I looked earlier:
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-backflips-on-decision-to-allow-clubs-to-live-stream-trial-matches/news-story/adf4f496fe265990be856226579c3dc1

Last edited by Archer on Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:46 am

Great breakdown and interesting read PGC and congrats on the victory.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:46 am

Welshy87 wrote:

I believe SI and Bren have a screenshot of the SUG rankings, not sure what happens with anyone who wasn't involved in that last year mind?

Yes, SI has a screenshot of the final SUG rankings and we will use those to sort out the rankings for this years leagues. Anybody who was not in the Sportal Leagues last year will be placed into a new League unless they can show evidence (screenshot) of their final overall ranking from last year.

Speedball Deluxe
    Speedball Deluxe

Post by Speedball Deluxe Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:38 am

Happy Australia day all!

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:28 pm