NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Ultimate Footy

Ultimate Footy - Page 14 Empty Re: Ultimate Footy

Post by Guest Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:21 pm

Don't underestimate your bench. They are also there for any late withdrawals like if a player goes down in the warmup and you dont have time to change your squad.

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:24 pm

Bren wrote:Don't underestimate your bench. They are also there for any late withdrawals like if a player goes down in the warmup and you dont have time to change your squad.

This, and byes and Origin. For the new guys, you will use your "NPR's"more than any other game. Your NPR's will actually come into play at some stage of the season. You will also be able to hold injured/suspended players a bit easier than in other formats, as you can just go and trade 1 of your bench players for a playing player that week or weeks and then trade them back out when they have served their purpose.

So essentially, read up on the Free Agent/Trade rules. It's a very different beast to Fantasy/DT in that regard and gives you more flexibility.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:33 pm

Welshy wrote:League 2 draft current results

Round 1

1. Rhinoos - Jonathon Thurston
    2. Mearcats - Andrew Fifita
    3. The Bandwagon - Corey Parker
    4. Downtown Poundtown - Cameron Smith
    5. The Butchers - Daly Cherry-Evans
    6. The Bagels - Sam Burgess
    7. Great Odens Ravens - Ben Hunt
    8. The Projectiles - Adam Reynolds

Round 2

9. The Projectiles - James Segeyaro
    10. Great Odens Ravens - Shaun Johnson
    11. The Bagels - Paul Gallen
    12. The Butchers - Andrew McCullough
    13. Downtown Poundtown - Simon Mannering
    14. The Bandwagon
    15. Mearcats
    16. Rhinoos
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:42 pm

Cheers for the advice guys

Post by Guest Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:44 pm

So there are H2H matchups every single round like last year or are there bye weeks without any H2Hs?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:46 pm

Head 2 Head rounds every single week.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:53 pm

Random wrote:Head 2 Head rounds every single week.
    Bye bye bye

( That ones for you Welshy ).
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:58 pm

Bren wrote:
    Bye bye bye

( That ones for you Welshy ).

haha! tongue

Luckily this has come to light because it does alter drafting strategy slightly, nice swan lads!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:12 pm

You will end up with rounds where you have like 6 players, and then can trade out your shit NPR's for other shit players that are actually playing that week and might get you 20 points. Or take the risk and trade out a gun over Origin but hope to be first to trade them back in. There is a Restricted Free Agent (RFA) rank lads, which is something I only learnt about after joining this comp in 2014. I'd suggest y'all have a looksee at it.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:19 pm

SI wrote:You will end up with rounds where you have like 6 players, and then can trade out your shit NPR's for other shit players that are actually playing that week and might get you 20 points.  Or take the risk and trade out a gun over Origin but hope to be first to trade them back in.  There is a Restricted Free Agent (RFA) rank lads, which is something I only learnt about after joining this comp in 2014.  I'd suggest y'all have a looksee at it.

I'm guessing that is much like the NFL waiver idea where you are ranked in order of who gets first dibbs on FAs etc

Does the order reverse on the draft order so whoever got the first pick, is the last on the RFA pickup list?

Post by Guest Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:20 pm

SI wrote:You will end up with rounds where you have like 6 players, and then can trade out your shit NPR's for other shit players that are actually playing that week and might get you 20 points.  Or take the risk and trade out a gun over Origin but hope to be first to trade them back in.  There is a Restricted Free Agent (RFA) rank lads, which is something I only learnt about after joining this comp in 2014.  I'd suggest y'all have a looksee at it.

Say what? I thought you just had to be the first person to try and draft that player into your side?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:22 pm

Bren wrote:
    Say what? I thought you just had to be the first person to try and draft that player into your side?

That is the case in general, but if someone trades a player out or during lockout (Players are placed on Waiver at the start of the first game, and remain there for 1 day after the completion of the last game.). Players are placed on a Waiver Wire. Which means more than one person can try and pick them up, however whoever has priority will get the trade first. After Tuesday the players are first come first serve.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:27 pm

Random wrote:

That is the case in general, but if someone trades a player out or during lockout (Players are placed on Waiver at the start of the first game, and remain there for 1 day after the completion of the last game.). Players are placed on a Waiver Wire. Which means more than one person can try and pick them up, however whoever has priority will get the trade first. After Tuesday the players are first come first serve.

Thanks for explaining that lad. Explains why I missed out on a few last year. Where can I see the waiver wire? Does the rankings of it change throughout the year?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:29 pm

Get with the program bren. You'll never win a comp if you don't know what the rules are

Post by Guest Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:33 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Get with the program bren. You'll never win a comp if you don't know what the rules are

Well this is only my second real draft game ever. Last year was my first so really I am still classified as a draft game noob.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:46 pm

Welshy wrote:

I'm guessing that is much like the NFL waiver idea where you are ranked in order of who gets first dibbs on FAs etc

Does the order reverse on the draft order so whoever got the first pick, is the last on the RFA pickup list?

Yep, same thing by the sounds of it, and good question, not sure how we did it last year. Random, might be something to look into.

Also, there is a 'can't cut list', not sure if that was on the NFL Draft as well? So your top 2 or 3 players who are currently active CAN'T be traded out, to ensure teams can't conspire together. I was really hesitant about that rule initially, worried if I had someone under performing I couldn't trade them, but the platform works really well to identify them.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:50 pm

Is it can't be traded or just can't be dropped? In the NFL one you can't drop them and that is basically to stop conspiring, but you were able to trade as sometimes you were able to work out mutually beneficial trades with your gun players.

EDIT. Just looked at it and it is can't be cut. They are eligible to be traded
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:54 pm

The can't be cut list isn't activated. So you can cut them, so it shouldn't be an issue.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:53 pm

It was wrong what that wanker Mearcats said, you guys aren't shit pricks at all! You're actually a pretty helpful bunch of guys! Hahaha. Seems I needa do a lot more research than I have so far, I'm way outta the loop. When it comes to fantasy I'm pretty well clued up but here it seems like I've got absolutely no idea! If you feel like a noob Brenno, I must be a noobs knob! Lol.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:59 pm

Mearcats wrote:It was wrong what that wanker Mearcats said, you guys aren't shit pricks at all! You're actually a pretty helpful bunch of guys! Hahaha. Seems I needa do a lot more research than I have so far, I'm way outta the loop. When it comes to fantasy I'm pretty well clued up but here it seems like I've got absolutely no idea! If you feel like a noob Brenno, I must be a noobs knob! Lol.

Comp started in 2014; Shanbon got all of us into it then. As far as Fantasy/DT goes, it's as different as they come, but in a good way. Not sure if already mentioned, but along with unlimited picks after the initial draft is finished, we can also trade between ourselves as well for the whole season.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:46 am