NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 18 - Ditch the duds thread

Stuffness
    Stuffness

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 18  - Ditch the duds thread - Page 25 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 18 - Ditch the duds thread

Post by Stuffness Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:48 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    I don't really have any obvious trades. The guys I'd like to bring in are more expensive than the guys I'd like to trade out, and some of the swaps seem a little sideways

Is Musgrove to Katoa a wasted trade? That's probably the one I am closest to making

If I want to bring in Isaako, it means trading out Friend or Papenhuyzen. Not worth it is it.

Stimson to Drinkwater?
    I believe Stimson will improve, but the extra WFB flexibility is a bonus.

Thinking the same at the moment. Only trade i'm looking at is Musgrove to Katoa. Willing to give Stimson another week and play Katoa on my bench.
    I can't see a way to get Isaako in that makes sense either.
    Only way I could afford it is Stimson > Katoa & Lomax > Isaako

Not sure if my thoughts help you decide but hey.
    Loomer
    Loomer

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 18  - Ditch the duds thread - Page 25 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 18 - Ditch the duds thread

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:49 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    I don't really have any obvious trades. The guys I'd like to bring in are more expensive than the guys I'd like to trade out, and some of the swaps seem a little sideways

Is Musgrove to Katoa a wasted trade? That's probably the one I am closest to making

If I want to bring in Isaako, it means trading out Friend or Papenhuyzen. Not worth it is it.

Stimson to Drinkwater?
    I believe Stimson will improve, but the extra WFB flexibility is a bonus.

Do you have Williams because he was and still is my route to Isaako and as have said in other posts was out of my team final day as closer look at stats put me off but made his way back in yet was still looking at shifting right up to Sharks game.

I can't decide between Katoa in for Musgrove or Stimson atm
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:53 pm

Adrianoooo wrote:Is it silly to bring in Watkins now?

Wanted to go Stimson + Musgrove > Katoa + Watkins

Let’s me move Wiliame to emg and have wfb cover

Same trades I'm looking at
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:56 pm

Any one want to pop over to my coach thread and suggest a trade. I can’t seem to see anything obvious.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:59 pm

Still going back and forth on my Lomax to Watkins trade. I've got to trade down at some stage if I want to make any upgrades (only have 13k ITB) but I'm not sure if I should just hold off.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:00 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Noted.
    Woah woah woah, you aren't going to punish him for having the thought in the first place? What is this rubbish!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:01 pm

Loomer wrote:

Do you have Williams because he was and still is my route to Isaako and as have said in other posts was out of my team final day as closer look at stats put me off but made his way back in yet was still looking at shifting right up to Sharks game.

I can't decide between Katoa in for Musgrove or Stimson atm

Like you I was thinking of ditching Williams just before lockout., but ended up keeping him because wasn't hugely confident on other options (Bryce Cartwright was probably the likely replacement)
    without the benefit of hindsight it wasn't easy to find a better way to spend my funds so he managed to stick around

Problem is, how convinced are you that Isaako will continue to outscore Williams? I think Williams will improve and Isakko will regress from round 1 scores. Might be a bit of a sideways trade

Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:03 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I'm in the same boat. I don't mind the Musgrove to Katoa trade. I'm 2k short myself. Thinking about Su'a -> Flegler and Musgrove -> Katoa. Not sure it's really necessary, although normally this time of year I'm all about making cash as quickly as possible (hence Flegler and Katoa with their low BEs) Thoughts?

Koro
    Haas Carrigan
    Lolo Fifita Leilua
    Moses Mann
    Maubs Shiba
    Pappy Drinky Kennedy

Levi Williams Sua Walters

Luai Musgrove Wiliame Rudolf 18k

Levi, Williams, Sua, Musgrove the potential trade outs, but all of them could come good.

Lol we have literally the same team Laughing Laughing

I'm looking at Su'a and Musgrove out - Guler and Katoa in myself. I think the extra 100k itb with Guler and similar cash making potential as Flegler is better at the moment.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:04 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Wait until the food runs out and you are forced to eat a mix of cloves, Tom Collins mix and frozen pie crust

Underrated reference.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:05 pm

Erin Moleman wrote:Anyone with Hess actually keeping him ? I’m leaning towards a yes, clean up the missed tackles and his base stats were actually pretty solid.
    Eh, solid maybe from me. Actually solid is probably overselling it, very tentative maybe, leaning towards unlikely. MOSTLY based on the eye test rather than final score. Had hoped he might look to get involved more this year looking like he'd trimmed down but it didn't look that way in the game. The other thing i didn't like the look of was how often he ended up being cut out to go straight to Marsters. My one hope and the thing keeping me from definitely punting him is that perhaps that was a tactic to get Marsters early ball against Boyd.... but why you wouldn't try the same thing with Hess I'm not sure, maybe because of Difi?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:08 pm

one good option for trade advice is to look at what people think for the community team

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t1284-round-1-trades-poll

Community team has issues in the outside backs, so Katoa not really being considered, but gives you a good idea on who is valued/who should be ditched

And whilst looking at the thread, have a vote yourself
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:09 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Underrated reference.

I had to google it to get the exact mix right
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:13 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    one good option for trade advice is to look at what people think for the community team

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t1284-round-1-trades-poll

Community team has issues in the outside backs, so Katoa not really being considered, but gives you a good idea on who is valued/who should be ditched

And whilst looking at the thread, have a vote yourself

Noted a lot of love for Watkins in there. I currently have a pretty set back 5 so no real need for him, seems popular though

Aubbs, Saki
    Ponga, Pappy, Drinkwater
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:20 pm

At this stage I’m going Levi and Lomax to Flegler and Isaako,good trades?

Post by Guest Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:24 pm

I'm keeping Levi, scored pretty much his average. First game back and defended a lot against the Melbourne big men. Not many people can make Taupua and AFB look small

Post by Guest Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:30 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:I'm keeping Levi, scored pretty much his average. First game back and defended a lot against the Melbourne big men. Not many people can make Taupua and AFB look small

Considered it but I'll be keeping him for another week
    Erin Moleman
    Erin Moleman

Post by Erin Moleman Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:33 pm

Early mail: Josh Dugan is reportedly racing to return from a knee injury and may yet come into the starting side. That would most likely be at fullback, although he could go to the centres allowing Josh Morris to play the fullback role. Morris reportedly was left out of contact work earlier in the week due to back soreness.

Kennedy would be unlucky to miss out
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:34 pm

Erin Moleman wrote:Anyone with Hess actually keeping him ? I’m leaning towards a yes, clean up the missed tackles and his base stats were actually pretty solid.
    Yes, those selling him will regret it this week.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:36 pm

Erin Moleman wrote:Early mail: Josh Dugan is reportedly racing to return from a knee injury and may yet come into the starting side. That would most likely be at fullback, although he could go to the centres allowing Josh Morris to play the fullback role. Morris reportedly was left out of contact work earlier in the week due to back soreness.

Kennedy would be unlucky to miss out

Where is that from? I doubt John Morris plays Josh Morris at FB for 1 round when he is getting carted to the eastern suburbs next week. I reckon Josh Dugan goes into the centres and Kennedy keeps his spot but just my 2 cents.
    Erin Moleman
    Erin Moleman

Post by Erin Moleman Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:38 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Where is that from? I doubt John Morris plays Josh Morris at FB for 1 round when he is getting carted to the eastern suburbs next week. I reckon Josh Dugan goes into the centres and Kennedy keeps his spot but just my 2 cents.

Fox sports and yes I agree usually just lazy reporting early/late mail anyway

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:58 pm