NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NSW Blues

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

NSW Blues - Page 16 Empty Re: NSW Blues

Post by No Worries Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:46 pm

Pieman wrote:

Could you put him in 6 though and be comfortable with him there, like you could with Boyd, Slater, GI, Lockyer, Moylan, Bowen, Hayne? I dont think so. I think Brett Stewart is even a better ball player than him.

Ted has amazing quick hands and pulls off some great tap on's but as far as his ball playing goes, I don't think he is all that crash hot. I guess that is an aspect of ball playing - but its more reactive stuff than actual ball playing.

NSW Blues - Page 16 Spoon
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:36 am

Your Name wrote:

NSW Blues - Page 16 Spoon

Could you put him in the halves and be comfortable with it, Like you could with all those other guys?

I love Tedesco as a player, he's the best fullback in the league at the moment, and easily. I just don't think he is that good of a ball player.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:01 am

Pieman wrote:

Could you put him in the halves and be comfortable with it, Like you could with all those other guys?

I love Tedesco as a player, he's the best fullback in the league at the moment, and easily. I just don't think he is that good of a ball player.

I'd be interested to see how many TAs he has this year. Have you been watching him this year? He's gone up another level, the doubt he puts it the mind of the outside defenders with his pace and ability to pass is what's killing it at the moment
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:01 am

Pieman wrote:

All no, but as comfortable as I would be with half the blokes you have named, yes.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:53 am

Honeysett wrote:

I'd be interested to see how many TAs he has this year. Have you been watching him this year? He's gone up another level, the doubt he puts it the mind of the outside defenders with his pace and ability to pass is what's killing it at the moment

I get what you are saying but looking just solely at TA's isn't the best judge of ball playing ability and the doubt he puts into defenders minds isn't because of playmaking ability, it's because of his attacking ability. Yes he attracts defenders and that leaves space out wide, but to me ball playing ability is the ability to put your man into space, knowing when to throw the right ball be it a short ball, an early pass to get your man on his opponents outside, or a cut out face ball. In terms of ball playing fullbacks coming through for NSW the best is Moylan. Has the ability to take the line on but also the playmaking abilities to know how to set things up for his outside men rather than just running hard and fast and waiting for the defence to crash him leaving an unmarked man out wide
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:56 am

Beast From The Big East wrote:

I get what you are saying but looking just solely at TA's isn't the best judge of ball playing ability and the doubt he puts into defenders minds isn't because of playmaking ability, it's because of his attacking ability. Yes he attracts defenders and that leaves space out wide, but to me ball playing ability is the ability to put your man into space, knowing when to throw the right ball be it a short ball, an early pass to get your man on his opponents outside, or a cut out face ball. In terms of ball playing fullbacks coming through for NSW the best is Moylan. Has the ability to take the line on but also the playmaking abilities to know how to set things up for his outside men rather than just running hard and fast and waiting for the defence to crash him leaving an unmarked man out wide

I get what you're saying, 5/8 is different to fullback though. The ball playing ability at FB doesn't need to be at the same ability of a 5/8. A FB more often than not just has to pick the right option and Teddy is doing that better than anyone at the moment. He needs to be at FB and no where else.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:59 am

Honeysett wrote:

I get what you're saying, 5/8 is different to fullback though. The ball playing ability at FB doesn't need to be at the same ability of a 5/8. A FB more often than not just has to pick the right option and Teddy is doing that better than anyone at the moment. He needs to be at FB and no where else.

Completely agree. Teddy deserves to be the FB for game 1. If he's not then Daley has to go because that's as big of a selection fuck up as you can get at the moment.

And calling Moylan a 5/8 at the moment doesn't seem right to me. Give him a few games there before we judge his ability there. Just that as a ball playing fullback, no one NSW could select is better at the moment than Moylan
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:10 am

Completely agree. Teddy deserves to be the FB for game 1. If he's not then Daley has to go because that's as big of a selection fuck up as you can get at the moment.

And calling Moylan a 5/8 at the moment doesn't seem right to me. Give him a few games there before we judge his ability there. Just that as a ball playing fullback, no one NSW could select is better at the moment than Moylan

I would rather a whole heap of 5/8s before Moylan. He hasn't played there long enough.

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:42 am

Honeysett wrote:

I would rather a whole heap of 5/8s before Moylan. He hasn't played there long enough.

Moylan is blessed with attention because he plays for Gouldy but in reality it's not like he's the next immortal.

Good player don't get me wrong but he is surely well down the pecking order and certainly not at the point where you would squeeze him into the halves or push Teddy out of FB

Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:56 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Moylan is blessed with attention because he plays for Gouldy but in reality it's not like he's the next immortal.

Good player don't get me wrong but he is surely well down the pecking order and certainly not at the point where you would squeeze him into the halves or push Teddy out of FB

Well said.
    I like the guy but he's overrated IMO.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:00 am

Krump wrote:
    Well said.
    I like the guy but he's overrated IMO.

OSM ?
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:37 am

Your Name wrote:

OSM ?

Lol

'I like the guy' probably indicates he's not talking about me though....
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:31 am

Honeysett wrote:

Wasn't meaning throw Moylan at 5/8. Just that he has the best ball playing skills of any NSW fullback options
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:35 am

Wasn't meaning throw Moylan at 5/8. Just that he has the best ball playing skills of any NSW fullback options

Exactly - he is.
    That doesnt mean he should be the NSW 6 or 1 though, but its a fact.

Tedesco needs to be the 1.

Remember when they kept picking Hayne on the wing or in the centres tho and refused to pick hayne at fullback? This has that written all over it with Ted.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:37 am

Honeysett wrote:

Ive seen every game hes played this year.
    TA doesnt equal great ball playing.

As I said, he is great at tapping it on quickly - but in terms of genuine ball playing - IMO, he isnt that great, yet.
    He usually either does a quick tap on, and then the centre or winger scores, or he burns the bloke marking him on the outside then draws and passes.

Its not really ball playing.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:40 am

Pieman wrote:

Ive seen every game hes played this year.
    TA doesnt equal great ball playing.

As I said, he is great at tapping it on quickly - but in terms of genuine ball playing - IMO, he isnt that great, yet.
    He usually either does a quick tap on, and then the centre or winger scores, or he burns the bloke marking him on the outside then draws and passes.

Its not really ball playing.

I don't understand what you're expecting of a FB. He isolates the right players and creates an overlap and throws the final pass or scores himself. You shouldn't need more than that. That's not his job to do more than that.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:15 am

Honeysett wrote:

I don't understand what you're expecting of a FB. He isolates the right players and creates an overlap and throws the final pass or scores himself. You shouldn't need more than that. That's not his job to do more than that.

Obviously you dont understand it.
    As I said in the first place, I dont think his a great ball player - you do think hes a good ball player.
    The jist of the original post was - His brilliance in attack doesnt come from his ball playing, it comes from his running - hes not a brilliant ball player he just creates opportunities coz of his speed and elusiveness. Which is still brilliant.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:15 am

Honeysett wrote:

This weekend was another good example of it. Great tap on skill, but zero ball playing thought the game.

He got absolutely levelled with a high shot, melbourne go down the park and score, such horse shit. Should have been a penalty up the other end.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:00 am

True story: Bloke on the radio this morning rings in and says "If Farah and Teddy are 9 & 1 and they say it's all about the spine in rugby league, Brooks & Moses have to be the halves"
    NSW Blues - Page 16 1_tackle3
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:11 am

Your Name wrote:True story: Bloke on the radio this morning rings in and says "If Farah and Teddy are 9 & 1 and they say it's all about the spine in rugby league, Brooks & Moses have to be the halves"
    NSW Blues - Page 16 1_tackle3

wowzers

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:36 pm