NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread Part 2

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread Part 2 - Page 35 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread Part 2

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:47 pm

Welshy87 wrote:

Now i have looked at JReynolds i'm finding it hard to revery back to your half pair, because i know that extra cash can be used to turn Burher into a GUN hooker

Good call on the WFB rotation mate, any reason you have Gordon over Fergo/Holmes?

Fergo had a very high tackle count for a centre and I don't think the extra run metres at the back will lead to an increase. I see him priced around the same after 5 rounds. Haven't had much of a look into Holmes yet but he scored a lot of tries out on the wing, not sure if it's sustainable from fullback
    Welshy
    Welshy

2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread Part 2 - Page 35 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread Part 2

Post by Welshy Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:49 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Fergo had a very high tackle count for a centre and I don't think the extra run metres at the back will lead to an increase. I see him priced around the same after 5 rounds. Haven't had much of a look into Holmes yet but he scored a lot of tries out on the wing, not sure if it's sustainable from fullback

What about the extra ball Fergo/Holmes will get playing FB? More chance for TB's and attacking stats?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:16 pm

Welshy87 wrote:

What about the extra ball Fergo/Holmes will get playing FB? More chance for TB's and attacking stats?

I see the Roosters scoring less tries than last season without RTS, Maloney, Jennings and getting into more grinding defensive battles.

On Holmes, he started 4 games last year at fullback for scores of 62, 18, 8 and 39(average 31.75). In his scores of 62 and 39 he scored tries(as he did in 12 games for 16 tries). The most interesting part is his run metres. 226(vs Roosters), 66(vs Knights), 72(vs Rabbits) and 164(vs Panthers) respectively. Can't see him consistently producing 200+ run metres at fullback so at this stage I'm going to avoid his as I don't think he will score enough to be a keeper, and won't make enough cash to be a reasonable cash cow
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:25 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

I see the Roosters scoring less tries than last season without RTS, Maloney, Jennings and getting into more grinding defensive battles.

On Holmes, he started 4 games last year at fullback for scores of 62, 18, 8 and 39(average 31.75). In his scores of 62 and 39 he scored tries(as he did in 12 games for 16 tries). The most interesting part is his run metres. 226(vs Roosters), 66(vs Knights), 72(vs Rabbits) and 164(vs Panthers) respectively. Can't see him consistently producing 200+ run metres at fullback so at this stage I'm going to avoid his as I don't think he will score enough to be a keeper, and won't make enough cash to be a reasonable cash cow

Some very sound reasoning there mate, Gordon could well be the better option with all the attacking weapons the eels have acquired, could well see a potential cow in Gutherson being pushed out of the side mind

I think Holmes has the chance to improve his avg playing FB full time, 4 games is a small sample,the kid electric, think he could rack up the attacking points but personally would like to see Bird there and Holmes kept on the wing (obviously wouldn't have Holmes if he wasn't playing FB)

Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:02 pm

General consensus on Mike Cooper that minutes unlikely to increase even without Merrin? averaged 55 mins last year

round 15 he made 62 tackles in 57 minutes affraid ludicrous effort from a big man

Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:39 pm

made some tweeks to try and add some further balance, still can't seem to get past Josh Reynolds Embarassed

Seggy, Peats
    Brom, Woods, Graham, Welch
    W.Graham, Rochow/Whitehead, Tapine, Edwards, Carter, Che-Kam
    DCE, J. Reynolds, Hastings, Taylor
    Hurrell, Lafai, Auva'a, Benry
    Mansour, Gordon, Gutherson, Mitchell, Nuffie

lack of elite captain option could hurt
    think the 4 ressies are the strongest i have mustered Carter if named, likely be Edwards if not
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:06 am

Welshy87 wrote:General consensus on Mike Cooper that minutes unlikely to increase even without Merrin? averaged 55 mins last year

round 15 he made 62 tackles in 57 minutes  affraid ludicrous effort from a big man

You would assume he would be around that again.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:13 am

Is no one interested in Granville. At 379k he's one of the cheaper hookers & although he didn't play big minutes last year his minutes could increase this year plus he's got great attacking threat. Like you Welshy my team has no standout captaincy option so I've decided on having the Smith/Granville combo at this stage.
    Also I haven't seen much of Taia on here. With James possibly moving to the frf Taia could get big minutes & with the Titans probably doing a lot of defence this year he could be a decent shout. I note that with McQueen also at the Titans maybe Taia & McQueen will play 80 with Bird the one having a rest during games.
    hazza_99

Post by hazza_99 Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:21 am

Thoughts On Jake Trbojevic, is he undervalued? could he be a good value buy?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:01 am

hazza_99 wrote:Thoughts On Jake Trbojevic, is he undervalued? could he be a good value buy?

He could be a good value buy if he gets a lot of minutes. He has an 0.80 PPM (This is his overall PPM, and his PPM when starting at Prop which I discounted his 1.53ppm in one game.) So he is going to be a consistent scorer that is for sure. The only question is his minutes.

However if he gets anything above 50 minutes a game he will score above his pricing of 39 points, if for example he manages to get 60 minutes he would be averaging 48 points which would be a healthy boost in price. The following is my guess at Manlys pack situation and if you think he can get himself 60 minutes there he is worth it, and anything extra will be nice.

(Random guess at Manly Pack)
    J. Trbojevic - N. Myles
    L. Brown - M. Taupau - J. Buhrer

M. Parcell - L. Burgess - D. Lussick - T. Symonds/J. Starling/F. Mateo/B. Leary/B. Lawrence

I do think he will make a push for 60 minutes and will be worth it.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:19 am

White Lightning wrote:Is no one interested in Granville. At 379k he's one of the cheaper hookers & although he didn't play big minutes last year his minutes could increase this year plus he's got great attacking threat. Like you Welshy my team has no standout captaincy option so I've decided on having the Smith/Granville combo at this stage.
    Also I haven't seen much of Taia on here. With James possibly moving to the frf Taia could get big minutes & with the Titans probably doing a lot of defence this year he could be a decent shout. I note that with McQueen also at the Titans maybe Taia & McQueen will play 80 with Bird the one having a rest during games.

Granville is in my current side. That's more because I'm working on finding some cap space to upgrade to Peats but if not I would be happy to start the season with him
    User Name
    User Name

Post by User Name Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:20 am

Smith, Segeyaro
    De Belin, Graham, NAS, NPR
    Parker, Rochow, Whitehead, Carter, Edwards, NPR
    DCE, Hastings, Taylor, NPR
    Lafai, Copley, Auva'a, NPR
    Gordon, Ferguson, Inglis, Gutherson, NPR

Not sure on Whitehead and de Belin yet. Would have taken Taia but priced too high to gamble on.
    I think Inglis will go better this year as Souths have more go forward.
    I might go A.Reynolds and upgrade de Belin. 64k in the bank.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:24 am

Current Side

Seggy, Granville
    JBrom, Graham, Packer, Nuffie
    Surgess, M.Cooper, Rochow, Edwards, Chee Kam, Nuffie
    DCE, JReynolds, Hastings, Taylor
    Lafai, Copley, Auva'a, Henry
    Fergo, Gordon, Mansour, Gutherson, Mitchell

38k left over
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:26 am

White Lightning wrote:Is no one interested in Granville. At 379k he's one of the cheaper hookers & although he didn't play big minutes last year his minutes could increase this year plus he's got great attacking threat. Like you Welshy my team has no standout captaincy option so I've decided on having the Smith/Granville combo at this stage.

I love Granville and he is an absolute beast. However I don't think that the reduced interchanges will change much for Granville. Green likes keeping him fresh so I can still see him getting rested for 10-20 minutes a game at the very least, with that said he will still score well but he is definitely an attacking Hooker and he does rely on that. So big minutes while helpful won't always mean a big score. If he starts the year flying he will be a great mid-priced cash cow and be able to upgrade to someone more consistent. With that said if no other Hooker is named on the Cowboys Bench I will pick him up for sure.

He was talked up a lot during the preseason but with the release of his price being $358 000 it put a lot of people off of him. He could still be a sleeper option in that price range and he could be a nice alternative to Elliott Whitehead who has to contend with the monster 2RF's that the Raiders already own.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:40 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:This is what I've got atm

Smith, Seggy
    Woods, Fifita, Graham, Nuffie
    Cooper, Rochow, Tapine, Edwards, Chee Kam, Nuffie
    DCE, Hastings, Taylor, Nuffie
    Lafai, Hurrell, Auva'a, Henry
    Mansour, Gordon, Copley, Gutherson, Nuffie

70k left

HOK: Potentially the best Hooker combination available.

FRF: Woods, Fifita, Graham... Without looking at the rest of your team.. It must be shit.. You have such a stacked FRF/2RF

2RF: Cooper is by far the best option in the Second Row if he gets the entire 80 minutes at lock. (Better than Sam Burgess and Corey Parker.) However that is a big if as he only played 80 minutes once last year, and played above 60 minutes on three other occasions. With that said he will still be a solid pick. So a solid pick with a great potential upside in how much he can improve. Rochow and Tapine hoping for that early year jump and while I am not sold on Edwards he has potential.

HLF: Only real problem is you are relying on cheapies to start the year, which if they fail could be problems. I also can't think of another NPR HLF with the potential to start the year and I hate starting the year with dead positions.

CTR: Solid picks. Nothing really to add, just guys with potential to be solid.

WFB: Not keen on Ferguson? Not saying that is an issue, just have nothing to add.

Like really.. I can't add much to a team that looks that good.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:41 am

User Name wrote:Smith, Segeyaro
    De Belin, Graham, NAS, NPR
    Parker, Rochow, Whitehead, Carter, Edwards, NPR
    DCE, Hastings, Taylor, NPR
    Lafai, Copley, Auva'a, NPR
    Gordon, Ferguson, Inglis, Gutherson, NPR

Not sure on Whitehead and de Belin yet. Would have taken Taia but priced too high to gamble on.
    I think Inglis will go better this year as Souths have more go forward.
    I might go A.Reynolds and upgrade de Belin. 64k in the bank.

-Best hooker combo available but costly. You get what you pay for though

-De Belin is a mystery as to his role, whether or not he replaces Merrin will be key and if he does and gets the minutes he will be a good pick. Graham is always quality, NAS is a good up and comer and minutes will be his only problem.

-Like Smith, you get what you pay for with Parker but with it harder to pick a top quality side this year it seems, might it have been better to go with someone like Surgess or Fensom to save some cash. Rochow could be a nice underrated POD. Much will be based on trial games for Whitehead with no one quite sure how he fits into the Raiders rotation. Good potential cash cows in Carter and Edwards. May as well throw Chee Kam in that NPR slot if no one becomes an option at TLT.

-3 of the more popular choices. Only question mark is for if Hastings and Taylor don't kick on as expected straight away. Will cost a fair bit to upgrade the NPR to a worthwhile cover and you're only real downgradeable players are Smith, Seggy and Parker so could be some tough choices there.

-Exact same as mine and I have Henry as my NPR for now. Some question marks over Lafai and I guess a more reliable option would be top upgrade to Lawrence but Lafai has all the goods to be a gun centre/cash cow in a similar vein as Soliola where many planned on using him as a stepping stone only for him to wind up a keeper.

-Inglis is personal preference. Some think he is undervalued and can improve on last year (you are one of those) while others think he is reliably priced and not worth the gamble. He is awkwardly priced in that he isn't cheap enough for there to be solid expectation of a price rise (like Fergo, Gordon etc) and not expensive enough to be easily changed to a reliable gun should he fail as it is still a reasonable upgrade to someone like Teddy or RTS. Gordon and Ferguson are very good options and will feature in a lot of prototype teams

Last edited by Beast From The Big East on Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:08 am

Anyone like Mose Masoe at the Dragons? The bloke is an absolute giant and has great potential to rack up TB's by just pushing people away. He is also cheaper than Packer.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:40 am

Another thing to look at is Michael Gordon will be kicking more goals this season given Cronulla didn't score a lot of tries. Something the eels have no issue doing.
    Finger Puppet Mafia
    Finger Puppet Mafia

Post by Finger Puppet Mafia Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:16 am

what's peoples thoughts on fensom this year. will he play full 80 week in week out. of the most likely 3 backrowers fensom, papalli and soliola surely he is the most likely to be given that job?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:43 am

Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:what's peoples thoughts on fensom this year. will he play full 80 week in week out. of the most likely 3 backrowers fensom, papalli and soliola surely he is the most likely to be given that job?
    The FRF rotation at Canberra will be something most players are waiting for.  Can't help but think Papalii ends up there.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:48 pm