NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Standard's junket

Krump
    Krump

Standard's  junket - Page 5 Empty Re: Standard's junket

Post by Krump Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:31 pm

Probably a smart move not mentioning losing the car when we were all there to stick it to you in person Very Happy
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:38 pm

Krump wrote:Probably a smart move not mentioning losing the car when we were all there to stick it to you in person Very Happy

Was deadset sweating bullets. Could have easily taken 4 hours to find it I reckon considering the size of the area we thought it was in.

When I got in the car I literally just sat there for a minute thinking how lucky we were. Worst case scenario I was thinking I'd have to call a cab and drive down every fucking street in Annandale at 10kms an hour with the remote hanging out the window.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:45 pm

Pro tip - take a photo of where you parked your car if you are new to the area / in a massive shopping centre carpark etc will help you remember.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:20 pm

Good man to own up to losing the car, at the expense of a few laughs for the rest of us hehe..
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:11 pm

Revraiser wrote:Good man to own up to losing the car, at the expense of a few laughs for the rest of us hehe..

Got back to Perth and realised I had no idea where I'd parked in Long Term at the Airport. The Block I'd parked in holds about 3000 cars Lol . Dejafuknvu! Found it within 5 minutes though Very Happy
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:12 pm

Bren wrote:Pro tip - take a photo of where you parked your car if you are new to the area / in a massive shopping centre carpark etc will help you remember.

Yeah, we allocated jobs the next morning going forward-photos/landmarks/addresses.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:43 am

Forgot to mention, when I was leaving ANZ I was approached by Sporting News Australia (also ex-Sportal  Razz  ) for an on camera interview about the game.  

First thing I said was "you guys were Sportal right?".  The interviewer was like "yeah, you know us, that's awesome!".  With the years of pent up frustration from a lack of Sportal admin support (not to mention the 7 or 8 beers under my belt), I proceeded to give the poor bloke a spray about how ironic it was that one of the few NRL posters who was from Perth could be talking to them face to face at a reasonably random encounter in Sydney, but yet couldn't get a single fucking word out of them in 5 years after countless attempts via email.

Apparently he'd only worked for them for a month.  I apologised and said I knew it wasn't his fault but explained how big the forum used to be and how NRL DT and Fantasy were the only thing generating traffic in the end.  Anyway, I feel like I have some closure now Very Happy  .

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:41 am

Did you ask him if he knew where you parked your car Razz

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:47 am