NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50

    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

    Posts : 4244
    Reputation : 1132
    Join date : 2018-02-26
    Age : 23
    Location : Townsville

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50

    Post by StormTrooper96 on Tue May 21, 2019 9:10 am

    Mary also threatened of changed this week. What changes do we expect? Sims lock?
    hymenbustas
    hymenbustas

    Posts : 672
    Reputation : 133
    Join date : 2017-03-29

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50

    Post by hymenbustas on Tue May 21, 2019 9:16 am

    Fantasy aside, I certainly hope Paps gets a starting spot somewhere, if not at the Storms. Too much talent to waste sitting on the bench and coming in for 5-10mins.
    hymenbustas
    hymenbustas

    Posts : 672
    Reputation : 133
    Join date : 2017-03-29

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50

    Post by hymenbustas on Tue May 21, 2019 9:16 am

    @StormTrooper96 wrote:Mary also threatened of changed this week. What changes do we expect? Sims lock?

    Wishful thinking but Lomax at FB would be nice
    White Lightning
    White Lightning

    Posts : 8780
    Reputation : 2023
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50

    Post by White Lightning on Tue May 21, 2019 9:17 am

    I am concerned that Random has a drinking problem. The previous thread he was was drunk & he not only closed the thread before the party but the link to the new thread was actually a link to the existing thread. Then yesterday when we had problems getting on he posted "sorry, my bad"  so was he drunk again & accidentally was the cause of the problem. As Peter Griffin says on Family Guy...don't mess with Mr Booze. Who's to blame, what's his name, we know his name, his name is Mr Booze, Mr B-Double O-Z-E don't ever choose. Any game you play with him, you'll lose, so don't mess with Mr Booze.










    Actually I'm just messing with you Random, just joking bro Basketball
    Random
    Random
    Moderator

    Posts : 6736
    Reputation : 1308
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 26

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50

    Post by Random on Tue May 21, 2019 9:24 am

    @White Lightning wrote:I am concerned that Random has a drinking problem. The previous thread he was was drunk & he not only closed the thread before the party but the link to the new thread was actually a link to the existing thread. Then yesterday when we had problems getting on he posted "sorry, my bad"  so was he drunk again & accidentally was the cause of the problem. As Peter Griffin says on Family Guy...don't mess with Mr Booze. Who's to blame, what's his name, we know his name, his name is Mr Booze, Mr B-Double O-Z-E don't ever choose. Any game you play with him, you'll lose, so don't mess with Mr Booze.










    Actually I'm just messing with you Random, just joking bro Basketball


    Naa I have a serious problem and I am checking myself into Rehab. Honestly it all started when I stopped the Podcast with Welshy. I think that is where my downward spiral started, or it is what drove me to alcoholism putting up with him. (Low key though, I started drinking so I can understand what the fuck he is saying, and we can do the podcast again.)
    Krump
    Krump

    Posts : 5397
    Reputation : 1963
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50

    Post by Krump on Tue May 21, 2019 9:25 am

    @White Lightning wrote:I am concerned that Random has a drinking problem. The previous thread he was was drunk & he not only closed the thread before the party but the link to the new thread was actually a link to the existing thread. Then yesterday when we had problems getting on he posted "sorry, my bad"  so was he drunk again & accidentally was the cause of the problem. As Peter Griffin says on Family Guy...don't mess with Mr Booze. Who's to blame, what's his name, we know his name, his name is Mr Booze, Mr B-Double O-Z-E don't ever choose. Any game you play with him, you'll lose, so don't mess with Mr Booze.










    Actually I'm just messing with you Random, just joking bro Basketball
    The only time drinking becomes a problem is when you run out of booze
    White Lightning
    White Lightning

    Posts : 8780
    Reputation : 2023
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50

    Post by White Lightning on Tue May 21, 2019 9:29 am

    @Random wrote:




    Naa I have a serious problem and I am checking myself into Rehab. Honestly it all started when I stopped the Podcast with Welshy. I think that is where my downward spiral started, or it is what drove me to alcoholism putting up with him. (Low key though, I started drinking so I can understand what the fuck he is saying, and we can do the podcast again.)

    lol! I understand now. Even though we all love that beautiful Welsh bastard the language barrier would be a problem.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning

    Posts : 8780
    Reputation : 2023
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50

    Post by White Lightning on Tue May 21, 2019 9:31 am

    @Krump wrote:
    The only time drinking becomes a problem is when you run out of booze

    Ain't that the truth cheer
    my tv broke
    my tv broke

    Posts : 8565
    Reputation : 2669
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Fantasy Island

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50

    Post by my tv broke on Tue May 21, 2019 9:32 am

    Tony Webeck
    @TonyWebeck
    @GCTitans hooker Nathan Peats back out on the training field doing ballwork but wearing the pink bib to stay away from contact. Still 1-2 weeks away from a return, @NRLcom
    .
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

    Posts : 4244
    Reputation : 1132
    Join date : 2018-02-26
    Age : 23
    Location : Townsville

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50

    Post by StormTrooper96 on Tue May 21, 2019 9:35 am

    @my tv broke wrote:Tony Webeck
    @TonyWebeck
    @GCTitans hooker Nathan Peats back out on the training field doing ballwork but wearing the pink bib to stay away from contact. Still 1-2 weeks away from a return, @NRLcom
    .

    Rein still making money, they may also bring Peats back through the bench or lower his minutes on his way back. Rein should be prime trading by R16.
    Blain
    Blain

    Posts : 346
    Reputation : 56
    Join date : 2017-07-19

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50

    Post by Blain on Tue May 21, 2019 9:38 am

    Thoughts on bringing Moses for Morgan? With a rookie half beside him he's been scoring well all season, without too many tries/line breaks inflating his stats.

    Have a number of players I will need to upgrade over the next month, Morgan, Capewell, Lawrie, Meaney, Ah Mau, Cartwright. Non are must trades, although Capewell will lose cash next week.

    Wanting Taupau, Cotric, Marsters and Moses. Have $500k cash ITB, so heaps of room to play.

    Capewell -> Taupau, and Morgan -> Moses this week. Lomax to centres for the week.
    Lawrie -> Cotric for the bye round.
    Meaney -> Marsters and upgrade Cartwright/Ah Mau to anyone I want.

    Reckon a decent plan?

    White Lightning
    White Lightning

    Posts : 8780
    Reputation : 2023
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50

    Post by White Lightning on Tue May 21, 2019 9:43 am

    @hymenbustas wrote:

    Wishful thinking but Lomax at FB would be nice

    A lot of posters on the Dragons forums want this to happen. I feel sorry for Lomax because he's just 19 & the expectations re his potentail are huge. He's not playing that well so now people are questioning that potential & this will be affecting his confidence. You have to stick him in 1 position & let him grow but all Mary has done lately is the exact opposite & played him at 58th (although this was forced by injury), start him at ctr & then drag him at h/t then start him at ctr again & then put him on the wing in the 2nd half & then take the gk off him. As mentioned he's only 19, has a lot to learn & this will mean he'll have some average games & it doesn't help when the team is in such poor form. I actually think J. Graham is part of the problem. People lay into Tolman saying he's just a plodder who doesn't bend the line but lately this is what J. Graham has become. It puts too much stress on the other middles Vaughan & Lawrie when J. Graham is doing nothing.
    sajjos
    sajjos

    Posts : 684
    Reputation : 458
    Join date : 2017-02-09
    Location : Wellington

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50

    Post by sajjos on Tue May 21, 2019 9:46 am

    @StormTrooper96 wrote:

    Rein still making money, they may also bring Peats back through the bench or lower his minutes on his way back. Rein should be prime trading by R16.

    If Peats on the bench then can't rely on Rein's score in your 17 unless there is a red dot.
    sajjos
    sajjos

    Posts : 684
    Reputation : 458
    Join date : 2017-02-09
    Location : Wellington

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50

    Post by sajjos on Tue May 21, 2019 9:46 am

    @hymenbustas wrote:

    Wishful thinking but Lomax at FB would be nice

    Dragons fullback Matt Dufty is under pressure to hold his place in Paul McGregor’s side after three straight losses, according to The Sydney Morning Herald.
    hymenbustas
    hymenbustas

    Posts : 672
    Reputation : 133
    Join date : 2017-03-29

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50

    Post by hymenbustas on Tue May 21, 2019 9:48 am

    Im keen to trade Rein to CS9 but only after rd 12. Please don't come back yet Peats
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

    Posts : 4244
    Reputation : 1132
    Join date : 2018-02-26
    Age : 23
    Location : Townsville

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50

    Post by StormTrooper96 on Tue May 21, 2019 9:52 am

    @sajjos wrote:

    Dragons fullback Matt Dufty is under pressure to hold his place in Paul McGregor’s side after three straight losses, according to The Sydney Morning Herald.

    Do they have any other fullbacks? If Lomax grabs FB I would play him over Xerri in the CTR. They should give Robson a run. Kid will be FAC.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning

    Posts : 8780
    Reputation : 2023
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50

    Post by White Lightning on Tue May 21, 2019 9:53 am

    @sajjos wrote:

    Dragons fullback Matt Dufty is under pressure to hold his place in Paul McGregor’s side after three straight losses, according to The Sydney Morning Herald.

    Dufty gives 100% but his size has been found out lately. He's much more effective when the Dragons are playing well but they aren't so Dufty is getting exposed more. The first try the Knights scored was very easy when Pearce did that kick through & they scored. When Pearce kicked that little grubber into the in goal I thought Dufty will easily clean that up but he was no where to be seen as he was in the defensive line. I know f/b's play in the defensive line quite a bit these days but when you're defending your line the f/b has to be in position in case a kick is put through by the opposition.
    sajjos
    sajjos

    Posts : 684
    Reputation : 458
    Join date : 2017-02-09
    Location : Wellington

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50

    Post by sajjos on Tue May 21, 2019 9:54 am

    @Blain wrote:Thoughts on bringing Moses for Morgan? With a rookie half beside him he's been scoring well all season, without too many tries/line breaks inflating his stats.

    Have a number of players I will need to upgrade over the next month, Morgan, Capewell, Lawrie, Meaney, Ah Mau, Cartwright. Non are must trades, although Capewell will lose cash next week.

    Wanting Taupau, Cotric, Marsters and Moses. Have $500k cash ITB, so heaps of room to play.

    Capewell -> Taupau, and Morgan -> Moses this week. Lomax to centres for the week.
    Lawrie -> Cotric for the bye round.
    Meaney -> Marsters and upgrade Cartwright/Ah Mau to anyone I want.

    Reckon a decent plan?


    Moses is a good option but it all depends if Eels are still in the hunt for playoff position. Yes, you can argue that Moses still getting reasonable scores in loses but if they keep losing then the coach will have to come up with a different game plan. Right now opposition has to worry about Moses & Gutho when under attach with Fergo & Jennings having having one-off good games.

    Cotric is a waste of Trade IMO.

    Masters is a reasonable trade if you are not going to trade gain in centres to get Bateman.
    sajjos
    sajjos

    Posts : 684
    Reputation : 458
    Join date : 2017-02-09
    Location : Wellington

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50

    Post by sajjos on Tue May 21, 2019 9:59 am

    @StormTrooper96 wrote:

    Do they have any other fullbacks? If Lomax grabs FB I would play him over Xerri in the CTR. They should give Robson a run. Kid will be FAC.

    Can JField play fullback? Norman is close to returning so they can move Field around in the field.


    Last edited by sajjos on Tue May 21, 2019 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

    Posts : 4244
    Reputation : 1132
    Join date : 2018-02-26
    Age : 23
    Location : Townsville

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50

    Post by StormTrooper96 on Tue May 21, 2019 9:59 am

    All this Dragons talk. I remember hearing on the Radio some guy who predicted some random shit reckons it'll be a race between Dragons, Titans and Bulldogs for the Spoon

      Current date/time is Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:55 am