NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50

Individual
    Individual

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 50

Post by Individual Tue May 21, 2019 7:45 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

Geez that's rough. Like WL said you can probably rule out Mann as almost likely back to his bench role. I'd probably say Dearden or Garrick.
    Also had young sorry so might go with him..
    Also i saw some discussion over putting garrick in the centers over xerri this week ..
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue May 21, 2019 7:47 am

If Papenhuysen is named to start he's going to be the most traded in player this week. I'll trade him him if this is the case but it's going to result in a lot of hard decisions on who to play & who to leave out. Of course Papenhuysen will have to be in our 17's up against the Doggies but that will create a bit of a team selection headache. e.g. most of us have 2 of Tedesco/Ponga/RTS & CNK at wfb but with CNK playing the Cowboys at home you'll want to play him so Papenhuysen will be a reserve. So this probably means you'll have to place a good forward in your emg's because 1 of your reserve spots is taken up by Papenhuysen. In my case I'll have to play 3 of Mahoney, JFH, A-Rey, & Taupau. To me JFH will miss out because last week they rotated L. Martin & Ellis at lock & JFH played most of the game on the edge where his scores drop but Cleary could just as easily mix things up again looking for a win so JFH could start at lock again which will lift his score.
    Individual
    Individual

Post by Individual Tue May 21, 2019 7:50 am

If papps does get named i almost bought him last week when he was cheap.. wish i had now.. unless he doesnt get named
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Tue May 21, 2019 7:52 am

Cartwright or Sivo for 17th man?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue May 21, 2019 7:55 am

Individual wrote:
    Also had young sorry so might go with him..
    Also i saw some discussion over putting garrick in the centers over xerri this week ..

Oh yeah definitely Young then. Easy one.

Personal preference. I'm glad I don't have the choice anymore. Plenty of examples of players going well in 'bad' matchups, Xerri is a much better player than Garrick so I'm happy with him
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue May 21, 2019 7:58 am

White Lightning wrote:If Papenhuysen is named to start he's going to be the most traded in player this week. I'll trade him him if this is the case but it's going to result in a lot of hard decisions on who to play & who to leave out. Of course Papenhuysen will have to be in our 17's up against the Doggies but that will create a bit of a team selection headache. e.g. most of us have 2 of Tedesco/Ponga/RTS & CNK at wfb but with CNK playing the Cowboys at home you'll want to play him so Papenhuysen will be a reserve. So this probably means you'll have to place a good forward in your emg's because 1 of your reserve spots is taken up by Papenhuysen. In my case I'll have to play 3 of Mahoney, JFH, A-Rey, & Taupau. To me JFH will miss out because last week they rotated L. Martin & Ellis at lock & JFH played most of the game on the edge where his scores drop but Cleary could just as easily mix things up again looking for a win so JFH could start at lock again which will lift his score.

If he starts this week, my only real option would to be to play over Lawrie (with 2 gun HLFs, CNK + 2 gun WFB). I'd then have to forego Taupau for one more week and hope that I could make the funds up next week for Lawrie to Taupau (10k short this week if I get Papenhuyzen) which would be risky

Kinda hoping for fantasy purposes he doesn't start due to that selection headache
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue May 21, 2019 8:00 am

SoylentGreen wrote:Cartwright or Sivo for 17th man?

I like Sivo at home against the very vulnerable Panthers in their new stadium where they lift much more than Cartwright away against the red hot Sea Eagles where I can't see him doing much at all.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue May 21, 2019 8:08 am

Camo123 wrote:

If he starts this week, my only real option would to be to play over Lawrie (with 2 gun HLFs, CNK + 2 gun WFB). I'd then have to forego Taupau for one more week and hope that I could make the funds up next week for Lawrie to Taupau (10k short this week if I get Papenhuyzen) which would be risky

Kinda hoping for fantasy purposes he doesn't start due to that selection headache

In your case I would prioritise Taupau over Papenhuysen because of round 12 & because Taupau has the pedigree & is a consistent scorer. Of course Papenhuysen has carved the last 2 games up but I'd say opposing teams will be doing plenty of video work on him coming up with ways to nullify him & the Bulldogs may not be the easy beats we are assuming because they played the Storm away in round 4 & the Storm only won 18-16.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Tue May 21, 2019 8:18 am

White Lightning wrote:

In your case I would prioritise Taupau over Papenhuysen because of round 12 & because Taupau has the pedigree & is a consistent scorer. Of course Papenhuysen has carved the last 2 games up but I'd say opposing teams will be doing plenty of video work on him coming up with ways to nullify him & the Bulldogs may not be the easy beats we are assuming because they played the Storm away in round 4 & the Storm only won 18-16.

Soooo.... captain Okunbor!
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue May 21, 2019 8:29 am

White Lightning wrote:If Papenhuysen is named to start he's going to be the most traded in player this week. I'll trade him him if this is the case but it's going to result in a lot of hard decisions on who to play & who to leave out. Of course Papenhuysen will have to be in our 17's up against the Doggies but that will create a bit of a team selection headache. e.g. most of us have 2 of Tedesco/Ponga/RTS & CNK at wfb but with CNK playing the Cowboys at home you'll want to play him so Papenhuysen will be a reserve. So this probably means you'll have to place a good forward in your emg's because 1 of your reserve spots is taken up by Papenhuysen. In my case I'll have to play 3 of Mahoney, JFH, A-Rey, & Taupau. To me JFH will miss out because last week they rotated L. Martin & Ellis at lock & JFH played most of the game on the edge where his scores drop but Cleary could just as easily mix things up again looking for a win so JFH could start at lock again which will lift his score.

remember ponga is DPP, for the community team that could mean Ponga to half and not play Carty! Im guessing you have two halves that are solid thought.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue May 21, 2019 8:40 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

remember ponga is DPP, for the community team that could mean Ponga to half and not play Carty! Im guessing you have two halves that are solid thought.

I have 3 - Munster, Cleary & A. Reynolds.

Post by Guest Tue May 21, 2019 8:46 am

I might to something stooopid this week. If Pap gets the fb gig them I might trade out an origin player for him. Depends on how many drinks I've had at lock out
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue May 21, 2019 8:49 am

I'm expecting a big game from Cleary this week. He'll be the dominant half with Maloney taking the early guilty plea & suspended 1 game so Luai will start as Cleary's half partner & he is just a ball runner. In fact what does coach Cleary do if the Panthers win. They are desperate for a win & if they win will he keep faith with a winning combination meaning Maloney is gone or bring him back in.

Post by Guest Tue May 21, 2019 8:55 am

What's the go with hiroti?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue May 21, 2019 8:56 am

@ nrl physio, a tweet from Tony Webeck - Fotuaika to ignore a broken wrist to help turn the Titans season around....."I wear a cast on it during the day to keep my bones stable & my wrist doesn't move around too much."

What a machine Fotuaika is & K. Sims is soft compared to him Very Happy (just joking) but I can't help but think the Titans should rest him so my man Whitbread gets a good run of games.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue May 21, 2019 8:56 am

Rooster Booster wrote:@StormTrooper96 wrote:

" Who are our certainty's this week and who are our upsets?
    Certainty - Rabbitohs. Raiders injury toll is not looking too good. Rabbits should eat it up.
    Upset - Broncos. Now not many may think this is an upset but Broncos are so Jekyll and Hide and Roosters are just all class. 11th v 1st so yeah it would be an upset for Broncos to win.
    Smokey Captain (Fantasy) - Haas. Will need to muscle up against Roosters pack and could be the man to get the Broncos on the front foot. "

So what are your picks for this week Nostradamus ?

No worries Booster... I'll give it another crack.

Certainty - Storm. After a narrow win last week Bellyache would be all over the boys to come out firing against the doggies this week who should have their tails up
    Upset - This ones a little hard this week because I'm bagging all the favourites (Broncos - who i have tipped - aren't favourite but probably should be) but if i had to pick and upset it would be the Titans over Manly. Titans need to prove something this week and Manly may be the team to do it against.
    Smokey Captain (Fantasy) - Cleary. No Maloney this week so should take 90% of the all duties and make the game his. Will be his chance to cement his spot in the Origin side.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue May 21, 2019 8:56 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Hoping my Nikora/Xerri CTR combo is sufficient until Bateman returns. SJs return would help

Honestly what I am waiting for.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue May 21, 2019 9:00 am

lukeaye wrote:What's the go with hiroti?

Filling in while A. Johnson is out for a month after surgery so he should play round 12 & round 13 then he'll be a nuffy which you could use for poopholing. So they have Allan playing f/b, Hiroti wing & when AJ returns, Allan back to wing & Hiroti dropped.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue May 21, 2019 9:02 am

This week TLT Surprise -> D.Brown is named in the reserves!

Post by Guest Tue May 21, 2019 9:08 am

White Lightning wrote:

Filling in while A. Johnson is out for a month after surgery so he should play round 12 & round 13 then he'll be a nuffy which you could use for poopholing. So they have Allan playing f/b, Hiroti wing & when AJ returns, Allan back to wing & Hiroti dropped.

Thanks mate.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:30 pm