NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44

    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

    Posts : 7064
    Reputation : 1054
    Join date : 2017-06-16
    Age : 28
    Location : Adelaide

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44

    Post by MilfordTheMagician on Sun May 05, 2019 11:35 pm

    @manlybeaver wrote:

    Looking at that side you only need 3 to 4 more upgrades in lawrie  dearden morgan and then rein after rnd 12 and you. If you can do them the next few weeks should finish pretty high up at season end

    Yeah I think looking at my team right now I have 10 keepers (11 if you count Mahoney). I don't see Haas or CNK as keepers so will have to upgrade them at some stage too. At the moment those two are doing well and then players like Lawrie and Rein are in the same boat, just gotta pick the right time to make those few upgrades.
    mattnz
    mattnz

    Posts : 2484
    Reputation : 608
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44

    Post by mattnz on Sun May 05, 2019 11:38 pm

    @MilfordTheMagician wrote:

    Yeah I think looking at my team right now I have 10 keepers (11 if you count Mahoney). I don't see Haas or CNK as keepers so will have to upgrade them at some stage too. At the moment those two are doing well and then players like Lawrie and Rein are in the same boat, just gotta pick the right time to make those few upgrades.

    With 65+ minutes per week Haas is a front row keeper.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

    Posts : 7064
    Reputation : 1054
    Join date : 2017-06-16
    Age : 28
    Location : Adelaide

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44

    Post by MilfordTheMagician on Sun May 05, 2019 11:38 pm

    @mattnz wrote:

    With 65+ minutes per week Haas is a front row keeper.

    He's still a rookie remember. I'm expecting him to slow down as the season drags on but he should be expensive enough to do a straight swap to a gun during the byes.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

    Posts : 724
    Reputation : 180
    Join date : 2018-02-05
    Age : 21
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44

    Post by Bethany_B on Sun May 05, 2019 11:48 pm

    Thoughts on whether Wighton will be a keeper? I'm leaning towards no and plan to sell him to a gun half in R13 but he has been killing it for me since I got him
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

    Posts : 7064
    Reputation : 1054
    Join date : 2017-06-16
    Age : 28
    Location : Adelaide

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44

    Post by MilfordTheMagician on Sun May 05, 2019 11:51 pm

    @Bethany_B wrote:Thoughts on whether Wighton will be a keeper? I'm leaning towards no and plan to sell him to a gun half in R13 but he has been killing it for me since I got him

    I don't think so.

    RTS, Ponga, Teddy, Turbo the best WFB's
    Then there's heaps of halves who could finish above Wighton.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

    Posts : 724
    Reputation : 180
    Join date : 2018-02-05
    Age : 21
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44

    Post by Bethany_B on Sun May 05, 2019 11:53 pm

    @MilfordTheMagician wrote:

    I don't think so.

    RTS, Ponga, Teddy, Turbo the best WFB's
    Then there's heaps of halves who could finish above Wighton.

    Fair enough.

    At this point my plan is to sell Wighton in R13, potentially to RTS but could also get a half like SJ once he's back and before R16. Basically just have to decide whether WFB or HLF will have more guns (since if I just keep Ponga and Munster in the halves, I can fit in all three of RTS (for Wighton), Teddy and Turbo (for CNK)
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo

    Posts : 4079
    Reputation : 1205
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44

    Post by rhinoceroo on Sun May 05, 2019 11:58 pm

    @Bethany_B wrote:Thoughts on whether Wighton will be a keeper? I'm leaning towards no and plan to sell him to a gun half in R13 but he has been killing it for me since I got him

    Not a keeper for final 17, but could be useful hlf/wfb cover in 18-21 if you can afford not to cash him in or if you run out of trades.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

    Posts : 724
    Reputation : 180
    Join date : 2018-02-05
    Age : 21
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44

    Post by Bethany_B on Mon May 06, 2019 12:00 am

    @rhinoceroo wrote:

    Not a keeper for final 17, but could be useful hlf/wfb cover in 18-21 if you can afford not to cash him in or if you run out of trades.

    Yeah he seems that kind of player for me. I'm likely to just sell to RTS or a gun half (SJ/Pearce/DCE/Cleary) after round 12 but if I can get one of those 5 guys by other means (I've got Turbo pencilled in for CNK at some point), I'd happily hold Wighton in my 18-21 at the end
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

    Posts : 7064
    Reputation : 1054
    Join date : 2017-06-16
    Age : 28
    Location : Adelaide

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44

    Post by MilfordTheMagician on Mon May 06, 2019 12:02 am

    @Bethany_B wrote:

    Fair enough.

    At this point my plan is to sell Wighton in R13, potentially to RTS but could also get a half like SJ once he's back and before R16. Basically just have to decide whether WFB or HLF will have more guns (since if I just keep Ponga and Munster in the halves, I can fit in all three of RTS (for Wighton), Teddy and Turbo (for CNK)

    At the moment half is definitely the stronger position.
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

    Posts : 687
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44

    Post by manlybeaver on Mon May 06, 2019 12:20 am

    Wow 5 people got over 1000 this week
    Random
    Random
    Moderator

    Posts : 6814
    Reputation : 1338
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 27

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44

    Post by Random on Mon May 06, 2019 1:28 am

    Where the hell did I go wrong, or do I go from here.

    D. Cook
    A. Fifita, M. Taupau
    J. Arrow, C. Murray, L. Burr
    M. Morgan, B. Cartwright
    J. Bateman, B. Nikora
    K. Ponga, J. Tedesco, CNK

    R. Mahoney, M. Rein, P. Haas, L. Garner

    CHT, T. Deardan, B. Xerri, W. Kennedy Embarassed Embarassed Crying or Very sad
    Mr peanutbutter
    Mr peanutbutter

    Posts : 120
    Reputation : 23
    Join date : 2019-03-23
    Location : Wellywoo

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44

    Post by Mr peanutbutter on Mon May 06, 2019 2:47 am

    Ended up on 910 this week after the scores were corrected. Pushed me from 4340 overall to 2046. Pretty happy with the bump.

    Struggling with this weeks trades tho. Gonna have to wait till the team lists come out before deciding anything.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

    Posts : 2608
    Reputation : 850
    Join date : 2016-02-07
    Age : 38
    Location : Isle of Man

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44

    Post by GreenMachine on Mon May 06, 2019 4:47 am

    @Random wrote:Where the hell did I go wrong, or do I go from here.

    D. Cook
    A. Fifita, M. Taupau
    J. Arrow, C. Murray, L. Burr
    M. Morgan, B. Cartwright
    J. Bateman, B. Nikora
    K. Ponga, J. Tedesco, CNK

    R. Mahoney, M. Rein, P. Haas, L. Garner

    CHT, T. Deardan, B. Xerri, W. Kennedy Embarassed Embarassed Crying or Very sad
    I think you’re actually OK mate. Nothing glaringly obvious or too concerning.

    If in your seat maybe I’d consider a Bateman move to start Xerri with 3 good fixtures, and get yourself a gun half with the cash so Carty is interchange at best
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

    Posts : 611
    Reputation : 499
    Join date : 2018-01-16
    Age : 36
    Location : Melbourne

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44

    Post by L-Jimmy on Mon May 06, 2019 5:26 am

    847 this week saw me win my H2Hs, and leap skywards to ~5k.

    Anybody else tempted by Fainu? Scoring well for 580k, high ceiling, uncertain JS
    Weiland
    Weiland

    Posts : 916
    Reputation : 218
    Join date : 2018-03-13
    Location : Christchurch

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44

    Post by Weiland on Mon May 06, 2019 5:59 am

    I can do Bateman/Farah then CHT to either Cleary or Pearce. Any thoughts on the better option out of those two?
    Camo123
    Camo123

    Posts : 2451
    Reputation : 830
    Join date : 2019-01-30

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44

    Post by Camo123 on Mon May 06, 2019 6:25 am

    How important is cover. Basically I can buy anyone from 818k down for Morgan by doing CHT to Dearden (and keeping hold of Bateman for at least 1 week to get prognosis)

    I'm looking at Lolo or Farah. Farah is getting more points but I have no 2RF cover in my 14-21 and would also then have 4 hookers (the Booze strategy - Cook, Mahoney, Rein, Farah with Cook and Mahoney from the start) and also Lolo plays R12.

    Team after preliminary trades (65k)
    Cook
    Fifita Tolman
    Arrow Murray Lawrie
    Reynolds Cartwright
    Garrick Nikora
    Tedesco Ponga CNK

    Mahoney Rein Farah Haas
    Dearden Xerri Lomax Bateman

    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

    Posts : 687
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44

    Post by manlybeaver on Mon May 06, 2019 7:02 am

    @Camo123 wrote:How important is cover. Basically I can buy anyone from 818k down for Morgan by doing CHT to Dearden (and keeping hold of Bateman for at least 1 week to get prognosis)

    I'm looking at Lolo or Farah. Farah is getting more points but I have no 2RF cover in my 14-21 and would also then have 4 hookers (the Booze strategy - Cook, Mahoney, Rein, Farah with Cook and Mahoney from the start) and also Lolo plays R12.

    Team after preliminary trades (65k)
    Cook
    Fifita Tolman
    Arrow Murray Lawrie
    Reynolds Cartwright
    Garrick Nikora
    Tedesco Ponga CNK

    Mahoney Rein Farah Haas
    Dearden Xerri Lomax Bateman

    Just play nikora in 2rf if a injury occurs and play xerri late withdrawal will screw you tho
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

    Posts : 4468
    Reputation : 1085
    Join date : 2016-03-09

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44

    Post by Rippin and Tearin on Mon May 06, 2019 7:04 am

    @MilfordTheMagician wrote:So who's bringing Elgey in as a cashout Laughing

    I was plugging him on a couple threads last week - stupid ass didnt bringing him in though:)
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

    Posts : 4468
    Reputation : 1085
    Join date : 2016-03-09

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44

    Post by Rippin and Tearin on Mon May 06, 2019 7:10 am

    I missed most of the weekend. Can someone let me know what happened with Garner? For some reason (perhaps and update I read) I thought he was going to start because Matterson moved into half - he didnt I guess? Who did? Will he start next week you think? The kid has an incredible PPM for a 2RF
    Camo123
    Camo123

    Posts : 2451
    Reputation : 830
    Join date : 2019-01-30

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 44

    Post by Camo123 on Mon May 06, 2019 7:13 am

    @Rippin and Tearin wrote:I missed most of the weekend. Can someone let me know what happened with Garner? For some reason (perhaps and update I read) I thought he was going to start because Matterson moved into half - he didnt I guess? Who did? Will he start next week you think? The kid has an incredible PPM for a 2RF

    Elijah Taylor started over him with updated team - unsure if it's going to continue. Considering they got smashed there could be a chance of starting team changing and Garner reverting back to starting 2RF

      Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:16 am