NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Defending Champion NSW Origin Side 2019

WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Defending Champion NSW Origin Side 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: Defending Champion NSW Origin Side 2019

Post by WT Winfield Mon May 27, 2019 9:40 am

Looks like around 7 changes to the Qld team compared to our 6?

Cooper, Hess, Wallace and Milford are all fit are they not?

Slater and GI retired.

Could still pick Val Holmes from overseas in a different sport right? Show some loyalty Qld Laughing
    Pieman
    Pieman

Defending Champion NSW Origin Side 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: Defending Champion NSW Origin Side 2019

Post by Pieman Mon May 27, 2019 9:50 am

Dip wrote:JMoz selection makes sense if you consider a fully fit TTurbo comes straight back into the team, and probably in that position. If you "reward" an up an comer with a debut, then it's a bit of a kick in the guts if they do nothing wrong and Turbo comes back. JMoz is probably happy to get one more game (maybe more), and being a veteran Fittler can be honest with him about keeping the seat warm and also use it as motivation - "you've been given the chance to have one more go and it will likely be your last game/series. Don't leave anything out there".

Pretty mobile pack and bench. Hopefully the refs put the whistle away and we get to lie all over them in the ruck with bigger forwards. Would also nullify Cook from dummy half a fair bit too.

You can look at it the other way - tell them what the deal is before the game - you have one game (maybe 2) to impress for the future. go show us what you can do. you also give them some pretty good experience and keep them around the squad all camp.

I dont hate that Jmoz is there, you know what you will get and he wont let the side down at all.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Mon May 27, 2019 9:53 am

Pieman wrote:

You can look at it the other way -  tell them what the deal is before the game - you have one game (maybe 2) to impress for the future. go show us what you can do. you also give them some pretty good experience and keep them around the squad all camp.

I dont hate that Jmoz is there, you know what you will get and he wont let the side down at all.

JMoz is someone you pick when you want to contain his opposition number and gameplan someone like GI out of the game. Who are the Blues worried about? It's a boring, conservative pick.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon May 27, 2019 10:10 am

ryno_ wrote:

JMoz is someone you pick when you want to contain his opposition number and gameplan someone like GI out of the game. Who are the Blues worried about? It's a boring, conservative pick.

is morgan on the left ?

that left side could be Munster-Morgan-oates and ponga seems to more damage on the left then the right for newy too, while there is 1 on 1 match for jmoz, thats still going to be a really good attacking edge for QLD and i think it makes sense to have an jmoz in there, especially when the options arn't that fantastic.

considering his form to start the year, i think BJ actually might have got his chance this time around if he stayed healthy

also agree with dip, when Ttrbo returns, he likely comes right in for jmoz unless one of the others gets injured
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon May 27, 2019 10:33 am

leaguegod wrote:

is morgan on the left ?

that left side could be Munster-Morgan-oates and ponga seems to more damage on the left then the right for newy too, while there is 1 on 1 match for jmoz, thats still going to be a really good attacking edge for QLD and i think it makes sense to have an jmoz in there, especially when the options arn't that fantastic.

considering his form to start the year, i think BJ  actually might have got his chance this time around if he stayed healthy  

also agree with dip, when Ttrbo returns, he likely comes right in for jmoz unless one of the others gets injured

TTurbo obviously returns. I just don't see the Munster/Morgan/Oates combo as being that potent that it needs Morris opposite to contain it. If Wighton is in the team, I'd be sticking him there instead and going with a different #14.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon May 27, 2019 11:45 am

Yeah I wouldnt have hated just putting Wighton at centre too. His best position would be centre IMO
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon May 27, 2019 4:19 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Hit the nail on the head RYNO and it goes back to the dark old days (for NSW) of negative selections, even when better attacking players were available and playing well.

Realistically, with that team on paper, NSW should win by at least 30.....but it's these glimpses of mental weakness which give me hope as a QLDer

WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon May 27, 2019 4:23 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Hit the nail on the head RYNO and it goes back to the dark old days (for NSW) of negative selections, even when better attacking players were available and playing well.

Realistically, with that team on paper, NSW should win by at least 30.....but it's these glimpses of mental weakness which give me hope as a QLDer

Sleep

We'll win by 36 and JMoz will score a double.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon May 27, 2019 7:16 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Picking Jmoz is a glimpse of mental weakness? Amazing. Lol fuck me you cunts draw long bows to try and make yourselves feel better.
    I suppose Cooper getting DROPPED is just a way of QLD showing loyalty that us simple folk from NSW wouldnt ever understand hey??
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Mon May 27, 2019 8:18 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Youre joking right? QLD still have way way better halves the NSW. I think the game comes down to the amount of points in the halves and backline and that goes to QLD. NSW again will rely heavily on the forward pack and that is never a good strategy when playing in QLD
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon May 27, 2019 10:21 pm

Pieman wrote:
    Picking Jmoz is a glimpse of mental weakness? Amazing. Lol fuck me you cunts draw long bows to try and make yourselves feel better.
    I suppose Cooper getting DROPPED is just a way of QLD showing loyalty that us simple folk from NSW wouldnt ever understand hey??

Of course it is you battling simpleton.

For umpteen years you've picked your team primarily based off defending our backline....and we still found a way through.

Then finally, you start picking the team with the mindset of scoring more points than QLD and after just one series win, panic sets in and you go back to the old negative approach of trying to shut down our players.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon May 27, 2019 10:23 pm

Shanbon wrote:

Youre joking right? QLD still have way way better halves the NSW. I think the game comes down to the amount of points in the halves and backline and that goes to QLD. NSW again will rely heavily on the forward pack and that is never a good strategy when playing in QLD

Yeah, having a more dominant forward pack has never been a strategy that has worked in Origin..... Rolling Eyes
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue May 28, 2019 1:13 am

NSW 3-0.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue May 28, 2019 8:20 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Of course it is you battling simpleton.

For umpteen years you've picked your team primarily based off defending our backline....and we still found a way through.

Then finally, you start picking the team with the mindset of scoring more points than QLD and after just one series win, panic sets in and you go back to the old negative approach of trying to shut down our players.
    lol wow... just wow

he is CLEARLY there to chair sit for TTrbo for 1 game. He is in form, and he has never let the team down. He has always been one of NSW best when he plays.
    Couple that with all the injuries and out of form players, he is the out and out clear and right option to, again, chair-sit for one game.
    I wouldn't have hated if we went with a Ramien, Wighton or Xerri etc, but Freddy has clearly just gone for experience for 1 game rather than risk a rookie.
    Picking a tried and true veteran is a sign of mental weakness??? You could have hit someone with the arrow from about 3km away with that long bow you drew, but oh thats right, ur a fucking ididot and its utter sheer nonsense

On a more realistic note, not naming Player 21 is clearly a sign of mental weakness.
    The coach coming out and declaring its war - is clearly a sign of mental weakness.
    Blaming last years loss on the preparation they had is clearly a sign of mental weakness.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue May 28, 2019 9:32 am

Pieman wrote:
    lol wow... just wow

he is CLEARLY there to chair sit for TTrbo for 1 game. He is in form, and he has never let the team down. He has always been one of NSW best when he plays.
    Couple that with all the injuries and out of form players, he is the out and out clear and right option to, again, chair-sit for one game.
    I wouldn't have hated if we went with a Ramien, Wighton or Xerri etc, but Freddy has clearly just gone for experience for 1 game rather than risk a rookie.
    Picking a tried and true veteran is a sign of mental weakness??? You could have hit someone with the arrow from about 3km away with that long bow you drew, but oh thats right, ur a fucking ididot and its utter sheer nonsense

On a more realistic note, not naming Player 21 is clearly a sign of mental weakness.
    The coach coming out and declaring its war - is clearly a sign of mental weakness.
    Blaming last years loss on the preparation they had is clearly a sign of mental weakness.

Long bow??
    You are even admitting in the same paragraph that it is the safe/negative option......and another thing, if it is indeed the approach you would have personally taken, that pretty well confirms it is a decision derived from obvious mental weakness.

Look maybe the safe/negative option might be offset by the rest of the team being clearly superior on paper but in my opinion, it could really backfire.
    All well and good to play it safe because 'you don't want to upset the precious new player when TTurbo comes back'........but that soft and sensitive approach doesn't help if you are 1 nil down in the series.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue May 28, 2019 9:44 am

Yes, picking a tried and true veteran, who has always been excellent at NSW level "is a sign of mental weakness" is well and truely a long bow to draw. Well and truly. Just because its safe does not mean its a weak option lol.
    Its the smart option, because
    1. he is a good defender that will help a rookie winger out with Ponga and munster coming at him
    2. He isnt exactly a bad attacker lol, he is a very very good attacking centre.
    3. He is in form.
    4. Look at all the injuries and out of form players lol... morris is the clear right call.

Especially when you have the opposition coach basically jumping up and down saying "look at me look at me" - rather than journo's etc putting the magnifying glass on his team.

Ice

Post by Ice Wed May 29, 2019 10:33 am

Yep, safe does not equal negative. That said, I personally wouldn't have gone with Morris, but he IS proven both in attack and defence at this level and there are few if any other available smarter, clearly more attacking options, thoughid be genuinely interested to hear Oz who you think would have been a riskier yet more Positive option.

I think these two team are as closely matched as I can remember I thepast decade or so,withthe exceptionthatthe Qld halves have a definite edge, which makes them favourites for game one in Qld and the series at this stage in the minds of anyone with a bit of an Understanding of the history of Origin. Should be a good series though.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed May 29, 2019 1:51 pm

Weakness, nerves, pressure - call it what you want. but coming out and announcing you will win game 1, that is definitely not the right thing to do.

If QLD arent the fav at home in game 1 - fuck me... the public are fucking idiots
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Wed May 29, 2019 2:17 pm

Pieman wrote:Weakness, nerves, pressure - call it what you want. but coming out and announcing you will win game 1, that is definitely not the right thing to do.

If QLD arent the fav at home in game 1 - fuck me... the public are fucking idiots

The bookies have NSW at $1.75 favourites.
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed May 29, 2019 2:53 pm

Pieman wrote:Weakness, nerves, pressure - call it what you want. but coming out and announcing you will win game 1, that is definitely not the right thing to do.

Well we know the vast majority of the public (ad particularly the punting public) are fucking idiots, that's why bookies stay in business.

NSW has a population of almost 8 million compared to Qld approximate 5millin, so of course the weight of money is going to be on NSW in a game so divided along state lines. Remember the bulk of people are idiots and idiots bet with their hearts not there heads, ergo it's totally logical NSW will start favourite with the bookmakers.

But from a purely logical standpoint, with no money involved and a rational assessment of the facts,the sides,the history, the venue. Qld are clearly most likely to win, or "favourites".

A win by such an inexperienced NSW halves pairing in game one would be amazing.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:20 am