NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Defending Champion NSW Origin Side 2019

Shanbon
    Shanbon

Defending Champion NSW Origin Side 2019 - Page 9 Empty Re: Defending Champion NSW Origin Side 2019

Post by Shanbon Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:44 am

Just read Filters comments on Mitchell, what a load of shlt. His attitude at training and in camp was great but in game it wasn’t good enough and he is trying to build a certain culture. The only culture he is building is one of ineptitude at the top. I have liked everything Filtler has done right up until his bad interchanges that cost them game one, now he has doubled down with some truely crap selections. Just like his Roosters coaching career it is falling to pieces at the slightest bit of pressure. Last year was easy when know one was excepting to much and you could do a few different things.

The more I think about it the crankier I get. Going on about building culture but then dumping your superstar and best attacking weapon for one below average game (that wasn’t the biggest reason in losing game one) The bloke needs some love not to be thrown out. Don’t be surprised if the Roosters convince Mitchell not to play when Fittler comes crawling back
    Pieman
    Pieman

Defending Champion NSW Origin Side 2019 - Page 9 Empty Re: Defending Champion NSW Origin Side 2019

Post by Pieman Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:20 pm

The selection of Saifiti and dropping of Mitchell should be enough for Fittler and his advisors to get the sack if NSW lose.

No out and out props on the bench too.

I am still in shock hey. Fittler contradicts himself so much "we need experience so we brought Fergo back in" yet he starts wighton at centre, starts TTrbo at centre, bloods a rookie starting prop and brings in a rookie "prop" on the bench.

I dont think any of the players picked are bad players and most will do a very good job. But fuck me dead I hate that side lol. Why couldnt he put mitchell on the wing if he wants him to get more involved / was worried about his defensive decisions? Its not like the bloke he picked is the safest winger going around. Wade graham has not even played 80 min of footy this year and he is only one of the minor issues in this side... lol.

They lost the game by 4 fucking points and still had a chance to win it right at the end?? The didnt lose by 40.

My mind is actually blown.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:39 pm

There's gotta be more to Latrell getting dropped then whats come out. Two tries yesterday makes Fittler look even sillier.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:46 pm

Gotta feel for Walker, wasnt his fault they didnt win. In that same situation, Maloney wouldnt have done anything differently.

Dont understand Safiti being picked but whatever. He'll be fine.

Morris out was an easy call. He only played 5 seconds of game 1 anyways. I like Turbo and Wighton aswell. Fuck Fergo. Sex pest.

I really like the bench, although I'd have kept a utility/backline spark there instead of a 4th forward... but they got monstered in the forwards in game 1 so I get the thinking in bolstering the pack.

Expect NSW to be the best team for the first 15 and the last 15. QLD will be dominant but struggle to score the points to reflect that.
    Lebbo73

Post by Lebbo73 Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:10 pm

Does anyone really believe that Fittler is a better coach than Daley. Given Queensland’s transition last year, even Daley would have won the series. Heck, Qld still nearly won it and should have if Hunt didn’t crack under the pressure of being the man, as he always does.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:22 pm

i've warmed to the team, my views on the various contentious decisions

* Fergo - meh, cotric was out, fergo is a big body who has performed well at this arena before, i wouldn't have picked him because of his well known past but he'll do his job

* Tommy T had to come straight back, has played for australia at centre and will do fine

* wighton > trell is impossible to really defend apart from thinking there has to be somthing to the rumors of Trell's attitude in camp despite what they have said publicly

* Maloney > walker, i'm just glad its not pearce/cleary lol, we had 2 halves in the game who were to scared to get involved, maloney will be in the game atleast, i'm ok with it, probably should have just stuck with him game 1 to if you were so keen on keeping cleary tho

* Saifiti - there are better props then him, i can't really see how he jumped them but eh, he might not play much anyways, they just want aggression and he'll do that

no prop on the bench - at first, i thought WTF but i've warmed to it, finucane, murrey and jake T still middle 100% of the time, we'll lose the size battle but if we win its based on speeding up the game through the middle for the likes of cook/teddy to create havoc, i think we've picked forward best suited to that game. if it comes down to a game hinging on kicking games and creative attack from our halves, then we lose so i'm behind it, play fast, hope QLD tire faster then we do and let cook and teddy do what they do

Blues 24
    QLD 16

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:23 am

leaguegod wrote:i've warmed to the team, my views on the various contentious decisions

* Fergo - meh, cotric was out, fergo is a big body who has performed well at this arena before, i wouldn't have picked him because of his well known past but he'll do his job

* Tommy T had to come straight back, has played for australia at centre and will do fine

* wighton > trell is impossible to really defend apart from thinking there has to be somthing to the rumors of Trell's attitude in camp despite what they have said publicly

* Maloney > walker, i'm just glad its not pearce/cleary lol, we had 2 halves in the game who were to scared to get involved, maloney will be in the game atleast, i'm ok with it, probably should have just stuck with him game 1 to if you were so keen on keeping cleary tho

* Saifiti - there are better props then him, i can't really see how he jumped them but eh, he might not play much anyways, they just want aggression and he'll do that

no prop on the bench - at first, i thought WTF but i've warmed to it, finucane, murrey and jake T still middle 100% of the time, we'll lose the size battle but if we win its based on speeding up the game through the middle for the likes of cook/teddy to create havoc, i think we've picked forward best suited to that game. if it comes down to a game hinging on kicking games and creative attack from our halves, then we lose so i'm behind it, play fast, hope QLD tire faster then we do and let cook and teddy do what they do

Blues 24
    QLD 16

You've done an admirable job of polishing what is unquestionably a turd.

Look on paper it isn't a bad team but Freddy has deadset hit the panic button and unfortunately (for NSW) it shows.

NSW still slight favourites but as with Game 1, I expect the obvious mental weakness to be telling in the end.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:47 am

Krump wrote:There's gotta be more to Latrell getting dropped then whats come out. Two tries yesterday makes Fittler look even sillier.

Have a look at that first try the dogs scored. It was a Darius-esque performance by Lattrell. You don't back peddle that far in training drills.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:15 am

No Worries wrote:

Have a look at that first try the dogs scored. It was a Darius-esque performance by Lattrell. You don't back peddle that far in training drills.

The young fella is obviously going through a fairly tough period at the moment and doesn't need brutal insults of this magnitude....
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:37 am

There is an incredible amount of pressure on NSW here (and in Game 3 even if they do jag a win).

They win game 1 of 2017 28-4 at Suncorp Stadium with a supposedly younger, fitter, more skillful and more enthusiastic team. Since then QLD lose to retirement or just being too old a bunch of 30+ and other veteran gamers like Matt Scott, Nate Myles, Sam Thaiday, Jonathan Thurston, Darius Boyd, Cooper Cronk, Cam Smith. They lose 4 time Dally M Player JT for the decider in game 3 2017. They lose Matt Gillett for the entire 2018 series and a guy whose averaging over a try a game to NFL.

And what do NSW have to show for it in the same time? Two wins and 4 losses. If NSW lose either of the last two games at a time where QLD has been forced to go through the biggest rebuild in Origin history while NSW has been talking "dynasty" at the same time, and only end up with 1 series win from 3 in that time, then geez there has to be a line drawn through a lot of people in the organisation. And those people probably have to be board members, coaches and selectors.
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:46 am

As a Queenslander, I'm thrilled Mitchell isn't playing, and that's even taking into account his poor form recently. There are some game breakers in the NSW team but some of them are either playing out of position (eg Turbo), or have some mistakes/penalties in them too (Ferguson, Moloney). If all clicks they can certainly win comfortably on their day, but in the big scheme of things, the only thing I'm really worried about is Damian Cook cutting us up through the ruck with Teddy and Murray hurting us through the middle off the back of that. Usually I'm worried about a few more points of attack in Origin.
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:47 am

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/sports/nsw-blues-confident-bold-return-to-seemingly-irrational-selection-policy-will-work-this-time/?fbclid=IwAR0ZDwb3Hdoz_R-kcacebx97125Pq3rQgZSCyvgrqjf8-Q2lqXrpxpEQpJo

I'm not sure if this is satire or Betoota are now into serious journalism.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:12 am

Dip wrote:https://www.betootaadvocate.com/sports/nsw-blues-confident-bold-return-to-seemingly-irrational-selection-policy-will-work-this-time/?fbclid=IwAR0ZDwb3Hdoz_R-kcacebx97125Pq3rQgZSCyvgrqjf8-Q2lqXrpxpEQpJo

I'm not sure if this is satire or Betoota are now into serious journalism.

Betoota wrote:“And continue the merry-go-round in our playmaking positions just to keep Queensland on their toes like we did from 2006-2013,” Fittler laughed sipping his Kombucha.

He then explained that the seemingly irrational selection strategy is all part of his grand coaching plan.

“I’ve picked guys who are footballers, like it’s not 2019 and the positions aren’t super specific in offence and defence and all that matters is you are an athlete and you have ticker.”

“Besides, I’ve got some real spiritual exercises to get these guys to another level.”

“It’s pretty easy to defend at centre when your in another spiritual dimension.”

Snorted so hard I damn near inhaled a vege chip up my nose.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:33 am

The only thing this lead up is missing is Mundine claiming Mitchell and Walker were dropped for not singing the anthem.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:38 am

To be fair, it was only the Daily Telegraph that sprouted the dynasty shit.... I dont think anyone else in their right mind ever said that.

The only explanation for mitchell missing out is - there is something else going on. Because I (and most people) want him there even if he is only at 80%, because he is still the best attacking centre in the game. Just give him some early fucking ball.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:42 am

No Worries wrote:The only thing this lead up is missing is Mundine claiming Mitchell and Walker were dropped for not singing the anthem.

Wait until he realises they were replaced by white fellas...
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:05 am

ryno_ wrote:

Wait until he realises they were replaced by white fellas...
    Wighton is indigenous (so is fergo obv)
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:05 am

Pieman wrote:To be fair, it was only the Daily Telegraph that sprouted the dynasty shit.... I dont think anyone else in their right mind ever said that.

A quick google of "NSW Dynasty" shows it was a lot more than just the DT. From my memory up here in QLD, every NSW supporter was going about it being the start of something huge after you thrashed us in 2017. Even after game 2 pretty much every NSW supporter was talking about that just being a blip with JT out of game 3.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:16 am

Pieman wrote:
    Wighton is indigenous (so is fergo obv)

And JAC kept his position. Now when have facts got in the way of a good Mundine quote. Sit back there's a week for him to warm up.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:42 am

Dip wrote:

A quick google of "NSW Dynasty" shows it was a lot more than just the DT. From my memory up here in QLD, every NSW supporter was going about it being the start of something huge after you thrashed us in 2017. Even after game 2 pretty much every NSW supporter was talking about that just being a blip with JT out of game 3.
    a quick google search of NSW state of origin dynasty comes up with:
    An ABC article where its basically only in the headline.
    And 1 or 2 other mentions of Fittler hoping for one.

Maybe it was just the courier mail reporting it mate... lol

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:12 pm