NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Team Tracker - my tv broke

my tv broke
    my tv broke

Team Tracker - my tv broke  Empty Team Tracker - my tv broke

Post by my tv broke on Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:54 am

Similar to Verbal, just starting a thread to track my team for the season and put some notes on decisions, their reasonings, and how follow up on how they fared.

Key things I wanted in starting 21:
    - Gun half. Every previous year I've tried to pick a mid range guy who elevates his scoring. Keeps failing.
    - Don't waste money on centres.
    - Cows - pick outside backs with perceived good job security, avoid bench forwards (or anyone who may go back to the bench quickly).

Round 1 Team
    Friend
    Fifita (C), Vaughan
    Arrow, Murray, TPJ
    DCE, Brown
    Capewell, Nikora
    Edwards, Burns, CNK
    R: Mahoney Garner Niukore Host
    E: Bird Ravalawa Garrick Keighran

Few Selection Reasonings
    Friend - went Friend over Macca, expecting Friend to play 80 regularly, and his average when playing big minutes is better than Macca. Plus, Macca is just not that good at football.
    Vaughan - bit of a gut feel that he steps up a little bit in JDB's absense.
    Arrow - seemed like a no brainer. Fit + minutes = scores.
    TPJ - gut feel of bigger role, starting lock long term.
    DCE - the gun I wanted, will goal kick again this season. DCE will do everything because Elgey sucks.
    Burns - few bits and pieces that pointed towards him having the left centre spot long term.
    Garner - this guy is a real footballer from what I'd seen. Loves to tackle.
    Niukore - Feel like he would build up a good combo with Moses on the right edge and get a fair few attacking points to go with an "OK" base.
    Host - did not like this pick at all, but basement price and starting 2nd row. Gut feel says he gets a decent run there.

The rest are fairly obvious picks/cows.

Players Avoided or not picked
    Napa - History of poor scoring.
    Morgan - very 50/50 on this. In the end, hard to fit him in, felt he would be a 35 to 40pt scorer + Cows may struggle.
    Holland - just not a fan, Dogs won't replicate the form that saw him score so well at end of 2018.
    Sele - I like him but have no faith in his job security. Has to be starting to be worth it.
    Kahu - he is not good at fantasy. Didn't expect him to stay at fullback.
    Gillett - did not expect him to play big mins early on.
    B Morris - had considering him, but in the end, decided a winger that isn't basement price is not worth the risk.
    Sivo - I went with Garrick and Ravalawa over Sivo as I thought he had the worst job security (Jennings hanging around).
    Lawrie - couldn't really afford him, went with Bird instead at similar price point. Did want him though.
    Hughes - felt Edwards was a safer option due to history.
    Tolman- was very close to picking him, but was more confident in Vaughan.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke

Team Tracker - my tv broke  Empty Re: Team Tracker - my tv broke

Post by my tv broke on Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:02 am

Week 1 Summary

Score: 902
    Overall Rank: 2135

Week 2 Summary

Trade Targets: Bateman, Lawrie

Trades: 0. Held firm on not trading keepers.

Score: 904
    Overall Rank: 74

Keepers bounced back.
    Concerns over long term scoring of Mahoney, Murray (to an extent)

Week 3 Summary

Trade Targets: Bateman, Rein, Lawrie...

Trades: 0. Held firm.

Score: 736
    Overall Rank: 877

Terrible round. Injuries to Friend, Burns + alot of dud scores.

Week 4 Summary

Trade Targets: Bateman, Rein, CHT, Cartwright, Xerri..

Trades: 2.
    Friend (injured) -> Bateman
    Keighran (dropped) -> CHT

Score: 873
    Overall Rank: 594

Last edited by my tv broke on Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    Verbal Kint
    Verbal Kint

Post by Verbal Kint on Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:25 pm

Good luck mate!

Great scores across rounds 1 & 2. Round 3 was a bit of a kick in the balls but most got caught up in that. Those 4 banked trades could be really handy later on.

I'll be following!
    my tv broke
    my tv broke

Post by my tv broke on Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:51 am

Week 5 Summary

TPJ (suspended) -> Ponga
    Brown (broken) -> Xerri Haas

CITB: 246k

I can't decide what to do with my WFB, so I'm going to leave it to die for another week, and play cheapie roulette again.

Next week, I will use that banked cash, to get another gun.

EDIT - swapped to Haas with news of his starting.

Result

Score: 916
    Overall Rank: 364 ▲

Last edited by my tv broke on Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:26 pm; edited 8 times in total
    Verbal Kint
    Verbal Kint

Post by Verbal Kint on Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:51 am

Looks good. I assume you have Ponga coming in to the halves considering your comment on WFB being left to die?

Who is on the radar next week with that lovely bank?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke

Post by my tv broke on Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:56 pm

@Verbal Kint wrote:Looks good. I assume you have Ponga coming in to the halves considering your comment on WFB being left to die?

Who is on the radar next week with that lovely bank?

I've got him at WFB this week, with CHT at half, but the intention is to get a another gun HLF or WFB next week (fingers crossed the big boys up front don't give me any new headaches).

Just need another good week out of some of these cows. Could really be a bust round though.

I'm actually pretty tempted by Wighton, his scoring is a pretty solid base of run metres + tackles + kick metres (his worst score had 5 errors), but then I put him in my side and it makes me feel uncomfortable. If he goes well again this week, then I might grab him.

Edit - may just punt Host instead of Edwards this week. Edwards potentially better chance of a score than Garrick/Rava. Hopefully doesn't lose too much cash in the meantime.

Edit 2 - probably punt Brown since he has another month out.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke

Post by my tv broke on Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:28 pm

Week 6 Discussion

Edwards (useless) -> Xerri
    Garner (still good) -> Cook

(updated) Second trade at this stage is unconfirmed.

Xerri's 25 last week probably put alot of people off grabbing him, but I think that is his absolute floor.

I want to get Cook, but it means trading out someone that is over 500k and the only guys I have in that range are not necessarily needing to be traded.

Alternatively I could get Tedesco for Bird, but something has me hesitating on Tedesco.. I still have Burns in my NPRs, who should be back in round 8, so I'm trying to avoid getting another WFB when I have him to slot back in there.

Last edited by my tv broke on Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
    my tv broke
    my tv broke

Post by my tv broke on Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:00 am

So, I've locked it in (I think), second trade will be Garner to Cook.

Feeling a bit uncomfortable about trading out Garner. He was someone I had no doubt about having in my team as soon as Lawrence went down. The other options were Niukore, or Capewell, and I feel like both slightly more upside right now (Niukore has the best job security, plays round 12, and seems to be improving outside Moses), and Capewell has a bit more short term cash to make (though Garner does too).

Just hoping Garners hard to read scores see a couple more low scores in teh short term to make me feel better about letting him go.

At the end of the day, if Cook averages 65 and Garner averages 45, I'm buying an extra 20 points a week (and solid captain option). Has to be done.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries on Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:16 pm

@my tv broke wrote:So, I've locked it in (I think), second trade will be Garner to Cook.

Feeling a bit uncomfortable about trading out Garner. He was someone I had no doubt about having in my team as soon as Lawrence went down. The other options were Niukore, or Capewell, and I feel like both slightly more upside right now (Niukore has the best job security, plays round 12, and seems to be improving outside Moses), and Capewell has a bit more short term cash to make (though Garner does too).

Just hoping Garners hard to read scores see a couple more low scores in teh short term to make me feel better about letting him go.

At the end of the day, if Cook averages 65 and Garner averages 45, I'm buying an extra 20 points a week (and solid captain option). Has to be done.

Garner averages closer to 50 so you are paying $350K for 15 points a week.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke

Post by my tv broke on Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:41 pm

@No Worries wrote:

Garner averages closer to 50 so you are paying $350K for 15 points a week.

I'm punting against him maintaining his current 3 tries in 5 games rate of try scoring.

Ya win some, ya lose some. Will keep tabs in this thread of how it pans out.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries on Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:59 pm

You're enemy number 1 this week. I'm hoping you lose more than you win Twisted Evil
    my tv broke
    my tv broke

Post by my tv broke on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:31 am

Week 6 Summary

Score: 1014
    Overall Rank: 184 ▲

Good week. Got pretty lucky trading out Garner with his HIA, he was going well. Getting Cook(C) instead of Teddy worked out OK, but Cook(C) was the worst score of my captain options. Tedesco only scoring 35 made me feel less bad for having to play Rava and getting his 20.

Trades are going to be interesting. Nothing particularly urgent, but my last WFB is a problem still, and my NPR's are not making any money anymore.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke

Post by my tv broke on Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:30 pm

Week 7 Discussion

Ravalawa -> Allan Lomax
    Burns -> Wighton

Not overly confident on these, but I'm sick of having Rava, and having to play the WFB roulette. Eye has been on Wighton for a while, and he is looking like a solid 40+ scorer. Hopefully Allan can put together a few more decent scores and make some cash. Both play round 12, which makes the trades feel a little more warm and fuzzy.

Gut feel is that Wighton has a 80+ game in him pretty soon.

I am hoping I can get away with not trading next week (or just using one if a sub 228k cow emerges). Haven't made a tonne of cash compared to some, so banking a few trades from here will hopefully work out for me.

Team for this week

Cook
    Fifita Vaughan
    Arrow Murray Bateman
    DCE CHT
    Capewell Xerri
    Ponga CNK Wighton
    R: Mahoney Niukore Haas Bird
    E: Nikora Allan Host Garrick

EDIT: With news of Lomax starting, Ive swapped the first trade to him. Doesn't play round 12 unfortunately, but give me this decision at the start of the season, and it was always going to be Lomax over Allan.

Last edited by my tv broke on Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez on Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:26 pm

Teams coming along nicely MTB
    Next week with Nikora back it should be full strength and gives you some good options with Bird money if you go that way.

Been having a look myself at Wighton the past few weeks as well, seems to be in that 40-45pts average player and is due a big game as you mentioned. He is a good defender and with some kick metres has a decent floor too
    If he can average 45 from here until after origin, cash out rd13 and keep the 100k

Only other player in that mould is Watson but he has much bigger risk (job security and lower floor) but much cheaper as well.
    Can't argue with Allan, is a Ravalawa type player but being a cashout and with decent job security now in a good team only needs to jag a try every second game and you potentially get some bonus money and points rd12.

Anyways been enjoying the thread, thought I would take the chance to comment
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta on Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:42 pm

Having held some trades I reckon you are in a good spot to go for some bolder bye moves. Having max traded myself I'm not considering those guys but a base cow doesn't have to do much and Wighton in a good raiders team could certainly hit a purple patch.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke

Post by my tv broke on Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:12 am

Week 7 Summary

Score: 862
    Overall Rank: 321 ▼

Bit disappointing. Just cannot get my captain choice right all season. DCE getting injured is a kick in the balls, being one of my better picks to start the year. Vaughan and Capewell were the other main disappointments.

Trades worked out favourably, though I wish Wighton had kicked on with an 80 or so after scoring two early tries.

Last edited by my tv broke on Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin on Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:20 am

@my tv broke wrote:Week 7 Summary

Bit disappointing. Just cannot get my captain choice right all season. DCE getting injured is a kick in the balls, being one of my better picks to start the year. Vaughan and Capewell were the other main disappointments.

Trades worked out favourably, though I wish Wighton had kicked on with an 80 or so after scoring two early tries.

Is that score right bro?

321st still pretty solid mate, well done!
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin on Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:21 am

@my tv broke wrote:Week 7 Summary

Is that score right bro?

Verbal Kint
    Verbal Kint

Post by Verbal Kint on Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:26 am

Just not updated from week 6 I think

Keep pushing MTB - you're going great and have a few trades banked. Strong spot
    my tv broke
    my tv broke

Post by my tv broke on Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:29 am

@Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Is that score right bro?

Lol, nope, as Verbal said, forgot to update after the copy paste. Score was 862!

Current date/time is Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:08 am