NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

When to trade cash cows

Murphsky

When to trade cash cows Empty When to trade cash cows

Post by Murphsky on Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:51 pm

Hey guys new here, quick question: Just wondering how long to hold cash cows, I obviously want the best team possible as quick as I can but I don't want to wait too long to get the best players to be losing points. Should I trade out as soon as I have enough to upgrade a player or should I wait and hold off until the later on when I have more cash. I have a pretty stacked cash cow team most of them should do well if they hold there averages. This is my team at the end of round 2. Cheers guys

A. McCullough
    Andrew Fifita
    Jake Trbojevic
    Cameron Murray
    Mitchell Aubusson
    Martin Taupau
    Adam Keighran
    Dylan Brown
    Jack Bird
    Briton Nikora
    James Tedesco
    Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
    Braidon Burns

Latrell Mitchell
    Reed Mahoney
    Blake Lawrie
    Kotoni Staggs

Mikaele Ravalawa
    Brendan Elliot
    Maika Sivo
    Hame Sele
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

When to trade cash cows Empty Re: When to trade cash cows

Post by Cap'n Ranta on Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:01 am

Really depends on if you are playing for overall or just H2H.

Common approach is to hold until they peak or are close to peaking. Trades are more valuable and you can't get more.

Using MTBs site and other resources (see page 1 of main thread) you can often see when you should jump off a player. However sometimes bye schedule, needing a win in H2H or grabbing a player like Tedesco who has bottomed out means you can't wait till the optimal time. At the end of the day its a balancing act and very rarely will you get a perfect trade. Just focus on squeezing the most cash you can out of players and get rid of them when you think its a good time.

Random
    Random

Post by Random on Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:42 pm

Hold until they peak or a better option comes around.

If a guy still has $50k to make but it is going to take him 5 weeks to get there and there is a new cashcow on the scene who will potentially make $50k in his first 2-3 weeks then it is worth trading him out. Which is exactly what Ranta said. If you have a solid argument to trade out a cashcow, and they aren't going to make another $150k+ then it is well worth getting new cash cows or low priced keepers.
    Verbal Kint
    Verbal Kint

Post by Verbal Kint on Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:10 pm

Agreed, good work gents

A couple of other thoughts:

Sometimes a cash cow can be a keeper - no need to trade at all if the scores are good enough. Early days but a Nikora/Bird combo in the centres could be set and forget (fingers crossed!)

Also, if you're confident that a peaked cow could hit their break even (a fantasy score that produces zero $ value movement) then no rush to trade unless you need the money. Although I've never been able to do this haha. Too trigger happy!

Current date/time is Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:26 am