NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1

    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 15808
    Reputation : 3827
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 31
    Location : Wales

    Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1

    Post by Welshy on Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:49 pm

    @Krump wrote:I don’t think it went too long being round 1. There’s a lot to cover when you’re going over whole teams and it didn’t seem at all drawn out to me
    Thanks Krump
    filthridden
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 7530
    Reputation : 2869
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1

    Post by filthridden on Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:08 pm

    Made me have a look at Bunty's stats and I found something very interesting.

    He played 40+ mins 8 times out of the first 10 games last year and averaged 42 points in those games.

    His minutes then pretty much dropped away towards the end of the year.

    I don't think he's one to start with, nor is he going to hit gun status but definitely something to keep an eye on.

    2 50s in the first three rounds last year isn't something to scoff at.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning

    Posts : 8787
    Reputation : 2027
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1

    Post by White Lightning on Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:40 pm

    That podcast was both entertaining & funny. Well done Random & Welshy. Good job boys.
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 15808
    Reputation : 3827
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 31
    Location : Wales

    Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1

    Post by Welshy on Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:49 pm

    @White Lightning wrote:That podcast was both entertaining & funny. Well done Random & Welshy. Good job boys.
    Cheers WL, Hopefully next one will be sharper with some good segments thrown in
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

    Posts : 2393
    Reputation : 753
    Join date : 2016-02-07
    Age : 38
    Location : Isle of Man

    Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1

    Post by GreenMachine on Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:12 pm

    Agree didn’t think it was too long at all and you guys will find it dead easy to apply some order and make this a real success in the space. Pleasant change from CK or those supercoach clowns frankly.

    1) Intros - how your own teams went - light opening with some personal banter bad beat stories
    2) The Stars, The surprises, the breakouts 
    3) Milchy’s BE and BE targets
    4) This weekends matches, fixtures and form players with good match ups (some sort of ranking bit)
    5) Forum questions

    50ish minutes of podcast gold Smile)

    Just call me producer, or tell me where to send more PayPal money (MTB has got enough out of me now) and call me exec producer Laughing
    Krump
    Krump

    Posts : 5397
    Reputation : 1963
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1

    Post by Krump on Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:19 pm

    How did both of you muppets end up with Tatola based on a hunch? Pillow talk?
    Milchy
    Milchy
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 10572
    Reputation : 4607
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1

    Post by Milchy on Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:31 pm


    Do I have to listen to this on YouTube, is there a way to get i it audio only to download
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

    Posts : 2393
    Reputation : 753
    Join date : 2016-02-07
    Age : 38
    Location : Isle of Man

    Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1

    Post by GreenMachine on Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:40 pm

    Btw if you do get serious with it and put it on SoundCloud, iTunes, Spotify, register it here too so you can drum up a bit of support for your time;

    https://www.patreon.com/c/podcasts

    Patreon members H2H league (start in round 4) for a jersey prize, would be the first logical benefit. Patreon Rate my team segment, patreon guest host/contributor and patreon questions prioritized. 

    My work here is done Wink

    Good luck lads
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 15808
    Reputation : 3827
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 31
    Location : Wales

    Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1

    Post by Welshy on Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:44 pm

    @Krump wrote:How did both of you muppets end up with Tatola based on a hunch? Pillow talk?

    I had him as a potential breakout but too risky for m bench, Random threw in straight in with great confidence! Gut call from me, think Random is far more sure
    Krump
    Krump

    Posts : 5397
    Reputation : 1963
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1

    Post by Krump on Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:48 pm

    @GreenMachine wrote:Btw if you do get serious with it and put it on SoundCloud, iTunes, Spotify, register it here too so you can drum up a bit of support for your time;

    https://www.patreon.com/c/podcasts

    Patreon members H2H league (start in round 4) for a jersey prize, would be the first logical benefit. Patreon Rate my team segment, patreon guest host/contributor and patreon questions prioritized. 

    My work here is done Wink

    Good luck lads
    I’ll happily donate so long as the donors don’t get anything that others don’t. Sounds like bloody butters trying to charge for dodgy stats.
    Krump
    Krump

    Posts : 5397
    Reputation : 1963
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1

    Post by Krump on Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:51 pm

    @Welshy wrote:

    I had him as a potential breakout but too risky for m bench, Random threw in straight in with great confidence! Gut call from me, think Random is far more sure
    Random sounded pretty confident about Burr too. He might regret putting voice to some of these opinions when everyone remembers them more than 1 post among thousands lol!
    On a somewhat related note you might need a warriors avatar mate.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

    Posts : 2393
    Reputation : 753
    Join date : 2016-02-07
    Age : 38
    Location : Isle of Man

    Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1

    Post by GreenMachine on Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:54 pm

    @Krump wrote:
    I’ll happily donate so long as the donors don’t get anything that others don’t. Sounds like bloody butters trying to charge for dodgy stats.
    Agree with that!

    Like MTBs site, there’s no members section.

    But if choosing between one of your questions as a donor and a Liverpool_Bulldog A vs B trade question, they read and answer your one! Laughing
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

    Posts : 2393
    Reputation : 753
    Join date : 2016-02-07
    Age : 38
    Location : Isle of Man

    Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1

    Post by GreenMachine on Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:56 pm

    @Krump wrote:
    Random sounded pretty confident about Burr too. He might regret putting voice to some of these opinions when everyone remembers them more than 1 post among thousands lol!
    On a somewhat related note you might need a warriors avatar mate.
    For what it’s worth though Replaying old (bad) opinions in future episodes makes for great podcasting! Very Happy

    In this new section Welshy likes to call, “ya are fuckin takin the piss”
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 15808
    Reputation : 3827
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 31
    Location : Wales

    Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1

    Post by Welshy on Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:42 pm

    @GreenMachine wrote:Agree didn’t think it was too long at all and you guys will find it dead easy to apply some order and make this a real success in the space. Pleasant change from CK or those supercoach clowns frankly.

    1) Intros - how your own teams went - light opening with some personal banter bad beat stories
    2) The Stars, The surprises, the breakouts 
    3) Milchy’s BE and BE targets
    4) This weekends matches, fixtures and form players with good match ups (some sort of ranking bit)
    5) Forum questions

    50ish minutes of podcast gold Smile)

    Just call me producer, or tell me where to send more PayPal money (MTB has got enough out of me now) and call me exec producer Laughing

    Really like this set-up!
    Random
    Random
    Moderator

    Posts : 6736
    Reputation : 1309
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 26

    Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1

    Post by Random on Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:58 pm

    @Krump wrote:
    @Welshy wrote:

    I had him as a potential breakout but too risky for m bench, Random threw in straight in with great confidence! Gut call from me, think Random is far more sure
    Random sounded pretty confident about Burr too. He might regret putting voice to some of these opinions when everyone remembers them more than 1 post among thousands lol!
    On a somewhat related note you might need a warriors avatar mate.

    I stand by it. I think he gets 40-45 this week. Even if he ends up on the bench he should do okay enough to churn out price rises.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser

    Posts : 5827
    Reputation : 1434
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1

    Post by Revraiser on Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:29 pm

    Lostened to it all on the way to work today, enjoyed it. Well done
    Speedball Deluxe
    Speedball Deluxe

    Posts : 361
    Reputation : 53
    Join date : 2015-12-23
    Location : Brisbane

    Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1

    Post by Speedball Deluxe on Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:44 am

    That was a great listen on the way to work, well done! Thanks for putting the effort in, looking forward to the next episode already!
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 15808
    Reputation : 3827
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 31
    Location : Wales

    Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fantasy Fanatics Podcast #1

    Post by Welshy on Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:47 am

    Cheers boys!!

      Current date/time is Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:47 am