NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Round One

Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Round One - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Round One

Post by Mulvy Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:56 pm

No Worries wrote:

No Worries thinks it's the way of the world run by sensitive left wall flowers. He personally prefers window licker as that it does not represent a specific disability.

I like No Worries.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:32 pm

I like flowers.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:20 am

Was a pretty entertaining game - they proved once again that they have the worst halves pairing in the comp. Not that they are individually bad players but they just dont play well together, never have. They will have a couple of games where they both have blinders, purely because they are quality individual players but they will have more games like last night through the season.

Playing Lodge for what, 70 straight minutes was fairly odd. I wonder why Seibold did that. Surely that isnt going to be the norm.

Its tough playing melbourne round 1, but is a good chance to test themselves. They looked deadset terrible for half the game then looked pretty good for most of the second half. Scored one lucky try too which made it look a bit better than what he really was.

The reffing.... I duno, it was reffed more like a state of origin game than a normal game. Last night there were just so so many ruck infringements, holding down, etc and the refs didn't penalise. Sure the game flowed but that's not because the players weren't infringing, its because the refs weren't penalising them.

I can handle it if that is how they are going to ref every game all year but tend to think they will let the round 1 games or the big matchups flow a bit more, and they will nail the lower teams. It must kill a ref seeing all those ruck infringements and not penalising them. I mean, it was so bad that they let at least 2 disgustingly forward passes go.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:08 am

seibold was guilty of playing starters huge minutes last year too at times. wouldn't want to make a habit of it in brisbane when the bench players have such big wraps.

Storm were very good but i do think the storm with more of those big names put that game to bed alot earlier. that's the type of scoreline storm win by when they don't dominate general play but last night they dominated the large majority of the game and the game was alive with not long to go
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:51 am

code delta wrote:@MilfordTheMagician
    just a small thing but can you stop calling people spastic please.
    This is a "disability" (maybe) that some people have and they had no choice about.
    Should we also stop using the words deaf and blind?
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:53 am

Pieman wrote:Was a pretty entertaining game - they proved once again that they have the worst halves pairing in the comp. Not that they are individually bad players but they just dont play well together, never have. They will have a couple of games where they both have blinders, purely because they are quality individual players but they will have more games like last night through the season.

Playing Lodge for what, 70 straight minutes was fairly odd. I wonder why Seibold did that. Surely that isnt going to be the norm.

Its tough playing melbourne round 1, but is a good chance to test themselves. They looked deadset terrible for half the game then looked pretty good for most of the second half. Scored one lucky try too which made it look a bit better than what he really was.

The reffing.... I duno, it was reffed more like a state of origin game than a normal game. Last night there were just so so many ruck infringements, holding down, etc and the refs didn't penalise. Sure the game flowed but that's not because the players weren't infringing, its because the refs weren't penalising them.

I can handle it if that is how they are going to ref every game all year but tend to think they will let the round 1 games or the big matchups flow a bit more, and they will nail the lower teams. It must kill a ref seeing all those ruck infringements and not penalising them. I mean, it was so bad that they let at least 2 disgustingly forward passes go.
    Since when is Niko anything more than meh?
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:33 am

Pieman wrote:Was a pretty entertaining game - they proved once again that they have the worst halves pairing in the comp. Not that they are individually bad players but they just dont play well together, never have. They will have a couple of games where they both have blinders, purely because they are quality individual players but they will have more games like last night through the season.

Lodge was the first player to come off for Flegler around the 20th minute, then he came back on about 15 minutes later and played out the game.

I don't understand what Seibold was doing either with his forward rotations last night, confused me.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:26 pm

I'm afraid to head over to Broncos HQ. They'll be knee deep in wrist-slit blood.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:11 pm

dasherhalo wrote:I'm afraid to head over to Broncos HQ. They'll be knee deep in wrist-slit blood.

Someone mentioned in the fantasy thread - it was manic over there
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:22 pm

That's what you get for putting a prop at 5/8 for a scrum. Suck shit
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:24 pm

Krump wrote:That's what you get for putting a prop at 5/8 for a scrum. Suck shit

I just came here to post that exact thought
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:25 pm

Moylan combating views he is soft on kick returns with a strong 2m loss there
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:28 pm

Entertaining game considering the error rates.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:30 pm

Knights are gonna be a seriously good team with a bit of time for all the combos to gel.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:33 pm

Please can that be a voluntary tackle penalty
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:43 pm

Dugan is going to have PTSD dealing with Edrick Lee
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:53 pm

Honeysett wrote:Dugan is going to have PTSD dealing with Edrick Lee
    If he passed the ball occasionally Edrick wouldn't have such an easy time reading him.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:01 pm

Holy fuck Katoa.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:02 pm

Wrong decision. He didn't intentionally tap it forward he intentionally kept it in play.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:02 pm

I called that live. I should be a commentator