NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

We might do a PODCast thing.

B/L
    B/L

We might do a PODCast thing. - Page 3 Empty Re: We might do a PODCast thing.

Post by B/L Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:40 pm

I have two 55 inch tvs side by side with fantasy chromecasted to the second tv so I can watch the games and scores update with a click of a button.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:40 pm

For use that didn't get Fifita from the start, what factors should we be considering for timing trading him in? Atm I have to wreck my team to get him, probably miss out on either great cash making cows or cut price keepers. Is that worth it or do I just commit to the process?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:48 pm

B/L wrote:Welshy. Can anyone stop the juggernaut that is B/L in draft ?

Rolling Laugh

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:51 pm

"Do you feel the way the refs have controlled the game this year have impacted scores (compared to last years penalty'athon)?"
    Second part to this is " If knowing they were going to speed the game up did/would you have considered this in building your team?"
    Ie choosing players that would benefit from the change of ref style or general flow of the game
    (Ie Plans to change next years interchange to 6 means perhaps hookers are more likely to play 80mins, make more tackles due to more gametime/less stoppage and not carrying bench hookers etc)

"Also the weather was very wet leading up to the start of the round so did this impact your thinking into how you built your team and where you spent your cash?
    (For example not running some gun backs, Ie SCG pitch with tedesco's reluctance to use long studs effecting his game on short grass pitch or choosing players who would go well in the wet/arm wrestle)

When building your team this year did you plan a few steps ahead for trade scenarios if calculated gambles/hedged bets didn't pay off? Or did you give riskier players a week to prove themselves first seeing how their minutes/job role went, saving cash for them just in case you decided to bring in this week?"
    (Ie sacrificing a few points to have a small nest egg for rd2 and going the 'safer' popular player to start.
    This way you hedge your bets so worst case you could still bring in the 'riskier' player without ripping your team apart)

Second to last question: "Any plans on more meetups this year in Sydney?"

Last question "Do you know the chorus to Kenny Roger's song The Gambler"?

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:24 pm

Random wrote:Bump for Round 2 Questions!

How many points will I beat you by this year? To the nearest 1000 will do mate
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:20 pm

I want the two hosts to do a short seg on who they are ie - describe urself in 5 words / one sentence.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:37 am

Realise full team makeup impacts this, but With us all going cow crazy, a quick fire round where one of you states they are worthy of a Start, Bench or NPR to the following would be handy;

Sticking with Centres and Forwards first up...

Bird
    Burns
    Kahu
    Nikora
    Ravalava
    Capewell
    Garner
    Lawrie
    Burr
    Host
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:35 am

B/L wrote:I have two 55 inch tvs side by side with fantasy chromecasted to the second tv so I can watch the games and scores update with a click of a button.
    What time should I be there for Super Saturday?
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:23 am

I'll be at cricket this weekend  Sad

Make yourself at home.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:55 pm

One other thing, i highly recommend Welshy doesn't drink pre podcast this time, just a thought.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:11 pm

Revraiser wrote:One other thing, i highly recommend Welshy doesn't drink pre podcast this time, just a thought
    :Rope: :peeing:  You bloody grinch.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:16 pm

Krump wrote:
    :Rope: :peeing:  You bloody grinch.

Shitposting
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:21 pm

Revraiser wrote:One other thing, i highly recommend Welshy doesn't drink pre podcast this time, just a thought.
    TWAT! In fairness I’ve only just sobered up after that grand fucking slammer boys!!!
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:48 pm

Welshy wrote:
    TWAT! In fairness I’ve only just sobered up after that grand fucking slammer boys!!!

Congrats, mate. What a win for the Welsh. Bit rude of the kiwis to hog all the points though, my apologies for that.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:41 pm

filthridden wrote:

Congrats, mate. What a win for the Welsh. Bit rude of the kiwis to hog all the points though, my apologies for that.

When they put that red shirt of Wales on they are dragons to me lad!
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:05 am

Hey @random and @welshy

great stuff on the podcast lads , I thought it was great.

One of the things I liked most about it as a forum member was hearing (in voice) from other forum members. I wondered therefore, had you thought about trying to get a guest member on the panel each week? I think the forum would get a kick out of hearing from a new member each week. Might be tougher to organise, but at the same time it might also give you guys the chance to have a break every now and then too.

Just a thought. Keep up the good work!
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:48 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Hey @random and @welshy

great stuff on the podcast lads , I thought it was great.

One of the things I liked most about it as a forum member was hearing (in voice) from other forum members. I wondered therefore, had you thought about trying to get a guest member on the panel each week? I think the forum would get a kick out of hearing from a new member each week. Might be tougher to organise, but at the same time it might also give you guys the chance to have a break every now and then too.

Just a thought. Keep up the good work!

Others could pre-record questions submitted by the general users, would be easier on logistics then trying to tee up record times and random/welshy would have answers ready to go on the actual recording.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:52 am

I like the pre-recorded questions idea. I'll do some if it'll work
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:43 am

Baby steps I think. I mean, sky's the limit for sure but let's let them get into a routine first and next thing you know we'll end up with them live on Twitch lol guest hosts are a great idea though although user submitted questions are definitely a good start
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:26 am

Random wrote:

SO far like No Worries, Milchy, Welshy, MF and I think Mulvy? Have shown interest.

Great idea Random. You and Welshy are off to a good start with your first two podcasts, so keep it going mate.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:46 pm