NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Rate my Team (Ranta) - Rd 7 update and RD 8 trade thoughts

Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Rate my Team (Ranta) - Rd 7 update and RD 8 trade thoughts Empty Rate my Team (Ranta) - Rd 7 update and RD 8 trade thoughts

Post by Cap'n Ranta on Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:36 am

After making a few team starting with the cheap halves (morgan, Brown, Kieghran) and investing heavily in forwards I've done a 180 and am hoping to take advantage of other owners running that setup by running SJ and Cleary.

Other major differences are At hooker while I like McCollough I don't think he'll go 55+ which limits his upside for me. I also have concerns putting big money into Cook and Smith immediately without affecting team balance. So I'm running a Mahoney guantlet.

Finally am running light at WFB hoping the new cows will come close to matching the old guard at a fraction of the cost kind of like CThompson last year.

Mahoney
    Fifita, TPJ
    Arrow, Murray, Gillet
    SJ, Cleary
    Capewell, Nikora
    Edwards, CNK, Kahu

Morgan, Stimson, Napa, Brown
    Keighran, Garrick, Xerri, Allan

0K in the bank

Initial thoughts are the no HOK depth. My first gun I bring in will be Smith or Cook to get that but it'll be a way off. Arrow could be McCollough but I like Arrow better. I also think Stimson and Napa could be Radley and cow but that depends on TLT. God I hope Mahoney doesn't suck......... (or worse... get injured)
    Secondly I have too many Sharks (could swap Fifita to Taupau) or bring in Tedesco/Turbo for SJ but overall I think thats a minor point
    Finally if a better base price cow comes up over Napa I'd probably prefer the extra cash. Also with TPJ under an injury cloud he should provide okay cover.

Any tweaks people can see that'd help? Or is this cost of running two gun halves too high?
    Chewie
    Chewie

Rate my Team (Ranta) - Rd 7 update and RD 8 trade thoughts Empty Re: Rate my Team (Ranta) - Rd 7 update and RD 8 trade thoughts

Post by Chewie on Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:57 pm

@Cap'n Ranta wrote:After making a few team starting with the cheap halves (morgan, Brown, Kieghran) and investing heavily in forwards I've done a 180 and am hoping to take advantage of other owners running that setup by running SJ and Cleary.

Other major differences are At hooker while I like McCollough I don't think he'll go 55+ which limits his upside for me. I also have concerns putting big money into Cook and Smith immediately without affecting team balance. So I'm running a Mahoney guantlet.

Finally am running light at WFB hoping the new cows will come close to matching the old guard at a fraction of the cost kind of like CThompson last year.

Mahoney
    Fifita, TPJ
    Arrow, Murray, Gillet
    SJ, Cleary
    Capewell, Nikora
    Edwards, CNK, Kahu

Morgan, Stimson, Napa, Brown
    Keighran, Garrick, Xerri, Allan

0K in the bank

Initial thoughts are the no HOK depth. My first gun I bring in will be Smith or Cook to get that but it'll be a way off. Arrow could be McCollough but I like Arrow better. I also think Stimson and Napa could be Radley and cow but that depends on TLT. God I hope Mahoney doesn't suck......... (or worse... get injured)
    Secondly I have too many Sharks (could swap Fifita to Taupau) or bring in Tedesco/Turbo for SJ but overall I think thats a minor point
    Finally if a better base price cow comes up over Napa I'd probably prefer the extra cash. Also with TPJ under an injury cloud he should provide okay cover.

Any tweaks people can see that'd help? Or is this cost of running two gun halves too high?

0k in the bank Shocked it must be a sign!
    You've raised the concerns I have yourself, playing a bit of Russian roulette with Ma-Honey and playing pretty light in the WFB.
    This team does have the potential to make a bunch of cash fast. It comes with a risk, you have some serious Balls

May the Force be with you!
    Milchy
    Milchy

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017

Rate my Team (Ranta) - Rd 7 update and RD 8 trade thoughts Empty Re: Rate my Team (Ranta) - Rd 7 update and RD 8 trade thoughts

Post by Milchy on Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:09 pm

The problem with running Mahoney as your only hooker.

What if he gets a 1-2 week injury suspension?
    If he duds it completely you can trade out SJ/Cleary a 2RF and that's fine. Its the short term issues that might really kill you
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta on Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:45 am

Thanks guys.

Yeah. Figure with the forum team I'll have a safer option so keen to see what becomes of this more aggressive team.

Maybe the panthers will give me a cheap hooker over Stimson come TLT. But yeah definitely see the short term issues could cause a lot of trading for nothing which would kill me in the early rounds. Will see what I can do to balance the risk vs reward so its not quite as ballsy...

Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta on Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:39 am

My team became much more cookie cutter which paid off in some respects but it did hurt me in other areas.

In the End I went with:

Macca
    Fifita Tolman
    Gillett Arrow Murray
    Cleary Morgan
    Capewell Nikora
    CNK Edwards Burns

Radley Garner Keighran Brown
    Garrick Sivo Ravalawa Kahu

Had a little over 200k in the bank to fix early mistakes which came in very handy. I didn't think enough about my EMG composition. I avoided Burr (warriors 13 curse), Host (viewed as a 1 week rental before benching), Mahoney (didn't see 80) and instead went with guys I thought would make 100k minimum.

Trades so far were:

Rd 2
    Radley -> Bateman (saw more upside for a similar price - Cash at the start was  handy)
    Garrick -> Lawrie (needed FRF cover and a cheap option appeared. Was a real smoky pick that no-one on the forum discussed.......... Razz Ironmike really swayed me most to this pick and I am thankful)

Rd 3

Tolman -> Bird (Saddened me to get rid of Tolman who I still thought was a good pick from the start to fix the mistake of not having Bird from the start. Was to blinded by his terrible last season and the amount of other CTR options)
    Kahu -> Rein (mid round Peats injury broke and saw a great cow I could jump to away from Kahu who had just moved to CTR. Also Macca wasn't impressing and needed other options to possibly get rid of him)

Rd 4

Keighran -> Carty (Keighran was dropped for at least 3 weeks and Brown played the first bye. Bolstered half depth on a party I was happy to join)
    Burns -> Xerri (Was preparing bank for Tedesco and Ponga and wanted the full Xerri ride - also he was the best cash cow I could see and this team needs a lot more cash made still with 3 guys I had pegged for another 400k minimum suddenly becoming a 0k injection for at least 4 weeks.

Rd 5

Edwards -> Tedesco (It was time. The Edwards theory was broken after being named on the Wing and a string of poor games. My worst pick by far. Tedesco had bottomed last week and my WFB needed help desperately)
    Brown -> CHT (Brown news was official that he would be out for weeks i.e. sent home to recover. Wanted more cash over saving a trade for who knows how long)

Rd 6

Bird -> Haas (Thanks for 147k in 3 rounds Bird but with a BE of 40 and unlikely to crack my 17 you will go to another cow that has plenty to make and covers my FRF in case of Fifita since I have no other cover. More of a cash move at heart)
    Gillett -> Ponga (Gillett could come good but fixing my WFB is a bigger priority and it was between him and Macca for the tradeout. I'm getting rid of both either this week or next and I have more faith in Macca to score better and drop less cash. Gillet could have come good but I don't want to be strung along for weeks waiting for 50-80k with a mixture of good and bad scores. Just feel he was too much of a slow burn to not trade.)

Team now:

Currently on 4427 and stuck around 2,078th (sliding since rd 1). Having consistently double traded every week I'm hoping to slow down after next week but think this team is good enough to get me rising up to the top 1,000 prior to byes. Bye planning starts next week but won't be a major focus as I don't have the trade to do a lot of tinkering.

Rein
    Fifita Lawrie
    Murray Arrow Capewell
    Cleary Morgan
    Bateman Nikora
    CNK Tedesco Ponga

Macca Garner Haas CHT
    Cartwright Xerri Sivo Ravalawa

Pre-planned rd 7 trades:

With a touch over 100k pending cash moves I could go

Macca -> Taupau/Klemmer/DCE

or

Macca -> Cook (Gives me my set and forget captain and I mean Cooky traded him in and he's ahead of me. Macca has survived by being a good scorer and me not having hooker depth prior to Rein. In rd 3 if I had of known the Peats news in time I likely would have been rid of Macca then)

The hard part is who to cut.....

Someone (likely Garner or Murray) -> Sutton (Peaked cow for  a rd 12 cash cow). Hopefully the who becomes clearer after this weekend. One bad score from Garner or Murray will limit cash enough I'll likely make the move. I don't think a 60 minute Murray will be worth it over the season and keeping him till rd 12 for one score that Sutton should get close enough that the extra 200k should help me enough. Know that I see this as a risk for sure but it could be a good play and I'm thinking its enough of an upgrade to make the contrarian play.
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta on Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:23 pm

997 for the week was a nice result for the week but oh so agonizingly short of that magic 1k mark that would have felt great. Puts me into 1,406th overall and slowly starting a charge to the top 1,000 after spending a few weeks sliding back.

Team as it stands:

Rein
    Fifita Lawrie
    Murray Arrow Capewell
    Cleary Morgan
    Bateman Nikora
    CNK Tedesco Ponga

Macca Garner Haas CHT
    Cartwright Xerri Sivo Ravalawa

With 131k in the bank I am just short (5-8k) of a straight trade of either Macca to Smith or Ravalawa to Sutton. I see both of these as straight upgrades but will have to improve my team in other ways.

With most initial cows peaking soon and clarity on the season guns my strategy now is starting to change to a full blown guns (get more points) and cows (get final cash) approach. I know I wrote a lot last week about Sutton but unless a mid ranger will:

- make 100k comfortably
    - play the rd12 bye
    - be a locked in starting 17 player week in and week out

then I won't be getting them. Sutton fulfilled that brief and I'd love to add him but without moving Macca (less points week to week) or a Garner / Morgan (same points but the 100k in Sutton will be reduced by losing 50k on the tradeout) I don't see how I'll get it done. I've made enough cash moves that I want to get my scoring up (and I don't have enough trades to not be bringing in some final 17 players because I have no trade control Embarassed ).

This week my plan is

Morgan -> Smith (Final 17 player at a bargain price. It does leave my 2nd half spot weak but I'm not convinced Morgan is a lot better than Carty/CHT of who I play most weeks anyway as my 17th man. This is a massive points upgrade and any cash I miss on Morgan I will hopefully make up with in Smith.)
    Ravalawa -> Tristian Sailor (needs to be under 225k to facilitate the Smith trade)

Sailor isn't a dream option by any stance. In order I looked for:
    - a cow that would make 100k+
    - a looping option
    - bonus points if they played rd 12

Sailor gets in on his merit of being a HLF/WFB who needs a lot to go his way to make the starting team. I can't really look at the moment on nrl.com because of what I assume is the Alvaro disaster has killed the filters but safe to say there aren't a lot of options for the good cow category this week and I can't see any other great options that will play 12 with good duals in my price range. I'll look again later this week (or month/year....) when fanhub fixes its filters but HLF/WFB means I can loop CHT/Carty for now and eventually those super volatile WFB and half scorers.

A prime example of a player I don't want to pick is Lomax. He could be a cow but his current role has him as a bench utility. He won't make cash and is useless for looping purposes. This could all change in a few weeks if secures a starting spot or is cut but he's exactly who I don't want as I don't have the trades (due to max trading) to make these sort of mistakes. Anyone that might make <100k and not be used for looping means another trade might be wasted which I don't have room for. With no clear cash cows I'll opt to definitively kill the spot and conserve some trades.

What I do need to do is keep an eye out for my 2nd HLF soon. I want DCE but can't bring myself to pay 900k when he isn't Damien Cook and will hit a sub 40 game and lose most of that cash quickly. Leaves Reynolds, SJ and Munster as my options. I'll be watching Reynolds closely for his rd 12 bye and dropping price at the moment but will hope for a one off DCE blip to bring his price down.

Base point is killing a spot this early is pretty drastic. I'm happy to make this move now because it adds the most points value and my depth is reasonable in all spots (Macca can be sold for another position easily). Also Ponga gives me enough flexibility with Sailor that I should be okay. I certainly won't bill killing a 2nd spot anytime soon so willingly though.
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez on Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:43 am

Nice score Ranta, team is coming together nicely.

Yeah the filters are messed up, had a bit of a look but will wait as well
    Was going to say Bailey Simonsson could have fit the brief but 3k short and can see what you want to achieve with a half loop so that has me interested now too (or how it plays out).
    Unsure if Cotric plays origin too, but will be in the mix I assume with TTrbo injured and 18th man last year.
    He makes cash if he plays but won't hang around on the bench and lose it either and has been killing it in reserve grade.CNK is probably going to be fine too but we could have seen him Simonsson playing at fullback this week
    Unsure what his looping ability schedule is like as well

The other option is if you went McCullough to Smith and downgraded Rava?
    Means a little more hurt this week but Morgan could still go out in the next week or 2

But if you loop a half then I guess you get 2 bites at this cherry so can see what you are trying to do
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta on Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:16 pm

@Boozecluez wrote:Nice score Ranta, team is coming together nicely.

Yeah the filters are messed up, had a bit of a look but will wait as well
    Was going to say Bailey Simonsson could have fit the brief but 3k short and can see what you want to achieve with a half loop so that has me interested now too (or how it plays out).
    Unsure if Cotric plays origin too, but will be in the mix I assume with TTrbo injured and 18th man last year.
    He makes cash if he plays but won't hang around on the bench and lose it either and has been killing it in reserve grade .CNK is probably going to be fine too but we could have seen him Simonsson playing at fullback this week
    Unsure what his looping ability schedule is like as well

The other option is if you went McCullough to Smith and downgraded Rava?
    Means a little more hurt this week but Morgan could still go out in the next week or 2

But if you loop a half then I guess you get 2 bites at this cherry so can see what you are trying to do

The loop was more that I desperately do not want to get stuck with a dud cow and maximising value that way. The whole max traded so far thing is definitely playing on me. Plus I just don't see any value in the guys in that range. The filters not working make it a lot harder than it needs to be but probably should have done more looking though. If I went with Macca I could have anyone up to 327k or Morgan 225k.

My list of sub 327k might be cows are Salmon (meh), Lam (might play in origin weeks) , Herbert (no JS) and Seve (no real JS either) who are all I can afford with Morgan or Simmonson (don't have Cotric making the blues), Kennedy (potential but only in for 4 weeks), Allan (hasn't impressed), Hamlin-Uele (unlikely to be in the team too long) or Whitbread (stats are good but as I said feels trappy) as guys I can afford with Macca.

I guess my initial thoughts were thinking more of points and minimising trades than $s.

No Trades: Macca (50) + Morgan (40) + Xerri/CHT/Carty (35) = 125
    Macca + Cow Trade: Morgan (40) + Smith (60) + Xerri/CHT/Carty/Whitbread (35) = 135
    Morgan + Nuffie Trade: Macca (50) + Smith (60) + Looped-Xerri/CHT/Carty/Sivo (40) = 150

I think this look has narrowed it down to either

Macca -> Smioth
    Ravalawa -> Whitbread

or

Morgan -> Smith
    Ravalawa -> Sailor (saves the most cash and has best looping especially with Ponga)

If I can get over my irrational fear of Whitbread I'll go with him but at the moment I'm probably slightly in favour of not risking it......

Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez on Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:01 am

Some good options and throught process gone into that

I think making a gut call is going to be the best option there.
    I guess the second one you know what you are getting with no unknown quantity, where the first option does have it's risk.

Breaking it down:
    What chance does McCullough have of hitting some old form (60+ scores) and is he/could he be a keeper.
    Bronco's have been playing poor, if they pick up does McCullough's scores come up with that?
    And does he even play origin this year?

Morgan isn't a keeper whatever happens so will be a trade out regardless
    If Whitbread scores 40pts he goes up about 50k regardless of if here is there next week or near future.

I don't know if that helps but asking those questions
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta on Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:42 am

I'd love to say I gave these some solid thought but after tinkering and thinking I'd sleep on it and wake up and make a decision I promptly fell ill and spent lockout at a toilet rather than debating trades........

Before I went to bed I had Macca out and Whitbread in. Think the risk of cutting off a bench spot was too high vs the risk of a dud cow (should be good for 50k this week as you said and his JS is reasonable enough) that you gotta take it.

I know the broncos haven't been playing well but where Macca scores (tackles and km) don't really relate to the broncos winning games to me. I initially hoped he might be a keeper with a guaranteed 80 mins pushing him to low 50s rather than high 40s in 70 mins but his playing this year hasn't impressed me from a fantasy (or real life) perspective to think that'll be fixed with the broncos form.

Morgan I knew was never a keeper but he's still got 50k to make so I think the cash combined with getting another cow made the money worth more than the extra 10 points this week. Happy with my team for now. Just need to start timing my cashouts and trading less.......

44k ITB Trades: 22

Smith (c)
    Fifita Lawrie
    Murray Arrow Capewell
    Cleary Morgan
    Bateman Nikora
    CNK Tedesco Ponga

Rein Garner Haas CHT
    Cartwright Whitbread Xerri Sivo
    Pain
    Pain

Post by Pain on Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:23 pm

@Cap'n Ranta wrote:I'd love to say I gave these some solid thought but after tinkering and thinking I'd sleep on it and wake up and make a decision I promptly fell ill and spent lockout at a toilet rather than debating trades........

Before I went to bed I had Macca out and Whitbread in. Think the risk of cutting off a bench spot was too high vs the risk of a dud cow (should be good for 50k this week as you said and his JS is reasonable enough) that you gotta take it.

I know the broncos haven't been playing well but where Macca scores (tackles and km) don't really relate to the broncos winning games to me. I initially hoped he might be a keeper with a guaranteed 80 mins pushing him to low 50s rather than high 40s in 70 mins but his playing this year hasn't impressed me from a fantasy (or real life) perspective to think that'll be fixed with the broncos form.

Morgan I knew was never a keeper but he's still got 50k to make so I think the cash combined with getting another cow made the money worth more than the extra 10 points this week. Happy with my team for now. Just need to start timing my cashouts and trading less.......

Smith (c)
    Fifita Lawrie
    Murray Arrow Capewell
    Cleary Morgan
    Bateman Nikora
    CNK Tedesco Ponga

Rein Garner Haas CHT

Nice looking team. Thoughts on Capewell?

He keeps on chugging away, I thought he'd be gone by now.

Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta on Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:13 pm

@Pain wrote:

Nice looking team. Thoughts on Capewell?

He keeps on chugging away,  I thought he'd be gone by now.

He had a bit of a slow start but was slowly earning cash even with the mid game moves to CTR. Have been nicely rewarded for holding this long but tonight has really put the brakes on that experience.........

Ideally I like to know which of Nikora/Capewell makes way for Graham before the trade but positionally it looks like Capewell will so if I have to move earlier I know who I'll be ditching.

12MT isn't normal for the guy and the had way less ball so his run m were down as well. I dont think I'd have a problem holding him next week but he's likely to go when Lolo, Farah and the like bottom out.
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta on Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:11 pm

A great week last week with the exception of Capewell and his 12 MT. Team ended up on 931 for the round which moved me up to 781st overall and 33rd in the FOG.

In terms of decision making keeping Morgan over Macca worked out better than I could have hoped with only losing a point and keeping potential money making intact while getting Rava out was also fortunate at the time. For those that missed the chance to get Rava out the good news is with Aitken no longer hogging the ball he could rebound if you have bigger issues to worry about.

Unfortunately it looks like Whitbread was a trap and was actually 2 (possibly 3) injuries back from a starting spot rather than the one and has been dropped after only making me 41k.... If he gets 3 more games at a 34 average he'll make an extra 100k which would be worth it even if it happens slowly. I won't hold in vain but hopefully will be due some big minutes in rd 12 with Wallace and Arrow likely out and he may even jag an extra game or two through resting, discipline, injury or suspension. Unless a golden move comes up I'll likely have enough cows to milk to not worry about using him as a loop for a few weeks till 12. In hindsight Waddell would have been the better pick with more JS at a better value. Not sure how I missed him at 320k. Wait I know it's probably because the filters didn't work and I was sorting through that list of players manually................

Smith (c)
    Fifita Lawrie
    Murray Arrow Capewell
    Cleary Morgan
    Bateman Nikora
    CNK Tedesco Ponga

Rein Garner Haas CHT

Lawrie BE: 28 (Role is slowly changing but still should easily do this)
    Capewell BE : 41 (Had a shocker but is good CTR cover)
    Garner BE : 31 (On the bench)
    Morgan BE : 39 (Lolo may make a difference)
    CNK BE : 45 (Can I hold him till 12 bleeding cash?)
    CHT (Could be on the outer with Niko rumours)

The list above is why Whitbread isn't a big deal to carry and I guess another rd 12 player is always good.

To try and climb the rankings more my trades this week will go against the normal advice. We are currently 4 rounds away from rd 12 and any player I want to play in rd 12 are 5 games away. My primary worry is holding CNK for 5 rounds into a tough first three games (Panthers, Roosters, Rabbits) could have him bleeding cash and points. With a 45 BE, an average of 44.4 and being priced at 41 you will probably safely get to round 13 with juicy matchups against the Cowboys and Bulldogs in rd 11 and 12. However if I think he's injured the narrative above helps me justify that while he is playing injured into tough matches there is enough upside to be aggressive and get him out early. Personally if he drops 75k but plays 12 for 40 points

CNK -> RTS (over the next 4 weeks RTS should put 10 points a week on CNK and cover any bye round difference while best preserving cash)
    Garner -> Waddell (the move I should have made last week. If you are worried about hopping on late a 30-35 average has him make 120-170k after he plays rd 12. To me that is worst
    case with room for improvement on top. As an added bonus none of the other cows who debut this week play 12 and can have a look at them this week before making
    my move)

Leave me with 20 trades and 22k ITB.

My RD 12 team is looking a bit thin with only 6 guys due to start, 3 almost origin certainties (Arrow, Cleary and Morgan) and 1 bolter (Murray). I'm not going to plan to heavily for these and will focus more on getting keepers ASAP. Arey and Lolo are the only people I'm considering as keepers. Personally I don't think Taupau is keeper level for me in the FRF or 2RF spot over Haas/others and my final team already has quite a few Manly players so I'll avoid him for now. unless another good bye round cow appears I'll definitely be losing ground.

Rein
    Whitbread
    Murray Cartwright Waddell
    Cleary Morgan
    Bateman
    Sivo

Arrow

Keeper Watch

I currently have 11 of my planned final 18 keepers.

Smith
    Fifita Haas
    Murray Arrow
    Cleary
    Bateman Nikora
    RTS Tedesco Ponga

The remaining guys I'm targeting as well as their cost and timing are:

Farah (740k, Rd 10) - 2 weeks of 50 point games will have Farah at an attractive price point. While he doesn't play the rd 12 bye and everyone will have him by 18 if he keeps this form having him now should provide enough points per game difference to make up for that.

Lolo (730k right before bye)

Jurbo (750k, anytime while his price is depressed)

my 18th man Turbo (765k, maybe pre byes with no origin or later after a few games back)

DCE (800k, 6-10 weeks),

Cook (900k, after rd 14)

Not sure who for the last spot. Will wait for someone to put their hand up. I know I won't get all of these guys but will focus on Farah and Lolo first and if cash allows a TTurbo.

Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez on Wed May 01, 2019 12:30 am

Hey mate, solid write up and I like your cnk to rts move so much I may look into this more tomorrow for myself.
    Cnk was lucky to scrape that score together last week, the injury has massively hindered his scoring.
    Think it would be hard to achieve this move with the celebrity team.

Think I will have a look into them both tomorrow some more regardless and see if there is anymore injury news
    I liked watching Waddell in real life  but unsure how he works in that pack. Best case a Lawrie type role and hope for some injury minutes? So that’s the only ?? really for me
    Can comment more tomorrow anyways, keep up the good work
    my tv broke
    my tv broke

Post by my tv broke on Wed May 01, 2019 8:34 am

I don't mind the CNK move either. Might be ahead of the crowd if you pull the pin now and he continues to put up 30s
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez on Wed May 01, 2019 10:32 am

@my tv broke wrote:I don't mind the CNK move either. Might be ahead of the crowd if you pull the pin now and he continues to put up 30s

Assuming people wait until rd13 to swap CNK with RTS
    CNK could easily bleed 75k scoring 30s with a (45BE) while RTS (35BE) could go up in price the same. So potentially an extra 150k you would need for some rd12 points
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin on Wed May 01, 2019 10:59 am

I meant to post here earlier. Just be careful of RTS. He is not a confirmed starter yet. Coach K said he and Fus have to pass a few more tests. Im not sure if you will know by the Raiders game on Saturday if he'll play.... Just thought it was worth letting you know. I like the trade too, but its risky.
    Verbal Kint
    Verbal Kint

Post by Verbal Kint on Thu May 02, 2019 12:22 pm

Any change in your thinking Cap? Very interesting regarding CNK. It hadn't even cross my mind tbh!

Waddell has been in/out of my trade plans. Currently on the outer as I need the $s
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta on Thu May 02, 2019 6:47 pm

Thanks everyone for all the feedback. To answer I'm still pretty certain on CNK to RTS. The extra time should really help but ideally the games would be the other way round this week before pulling the trigger. Late mail by that time should be enough for me to go on. If worst comes to worst Sivo can play for one week.

I've actually gone cold on Waddell. Partly its his awkward price/payoff (didn't realise his "normal" minutes are in the 25-30 ballpark), partly trades remaining and partly the guys I want to bring in.

Waddell needs an average of 35 per game to gain 150k after rd 12. Barring injury this is starting to feel more like a ceiling and less of a floor than I initially understood. Off the bench I'm not sure he's worth wasting one of my last cow spots on and thats because of trades.

At the beginning of this week I have 22 trades. Of these I have 11 that I need to use on (Capewell, Morgan, CNK, Rein, Garner, Lawrie, CHT, Carty, Whitbread, Xerri and Sivo) that I need to cash out. So call it 11 trades left (8 if I don't want Murray, Arrow and Haas but I have them as keepers). Trying to have a few up my sleeve for injuries (I like 6 but would be happy with 4) I really need to pick good cows (200-300k range) to get the cash for an 18th man. Currently I'll have just enough for my planned final 17 so if I'm trying to squeeze an 18th I'll need more than Waddell offers.

Finally in the next few weeks I'll have Farah (750k), Lolo (740k) and RTS (759k) all coming in. Starting this week with 44k in the bank I don't really have the spare cash in Lawrie, Capewell, Garner, CNK and Morgan to pick up Waddell as well. Waddell is much less important than those guys.

So pending injury news CNK to RTS and Garner to Dearden or Lomax or Sailor. Leaning Dearden as:
    1) Bronx fan
    2) Base Price
    3) He will either be a good cow or lose his starting spot. Unlikely he is a mediocre Elgey that just hangs on so 90% of his possible outcomes are okay by me. Red dot w some rd 18 potential or 500k + player I cash out eventually.
    4) None play 12. Might as well pick the guy I like.
    5) It probably makes more sense to get Lomax and wait a week on Dearden but Lomax just doesnt have the upside I'm looking for. Also I'll have more fun with Dearden on my team Smile

Think i've talked myself into it

CNK -> Dearden
    Garner to RTS

Ordered this way to give me the most flexibility getting RTS in. May switch to a different trade if we get good Garner news.
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta on Thu May 16, 2019 1:17 am

Got busy last week but CNK -> RTS has not been the deal I wanted.

I looked for 10 mins last week before locking in:

Bateman -> Farah (Backed him to score 60+ and not drop a lot of cash)
    CNK -> Young (Was a risky pick but a bye player and cashie)

This week:

Morgan -> Milford (Not exactly a POD gun but I'll take the chance)
    Lawrie -> L. Martin (Still a risky pick but a bye player and cashie)

The trading will slow down soon but this season will likely end sooner with me not having enough trades

Current date/time is Thu May 23, 2019 3:51 am