NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Cash Comp 2019-The R0bdOg Memorial

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Cash Comp 2019-The R0bdOg Memorial - Page 4 Empty Re: Cash Comp 2019-The R0bdOg Memorial

Post by standard-issue Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:00 pm

Chicken Attack wrote:Righto. Just joined fantasy fanatics. I've paid rhe $50 to PayPal.
    Now all I have to do is learn how to play this game.

Chicken Attack
    Received, thankyou. Are you saying you’ve never played NRL Fantasy before?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Cash Comp 2019-The R0bdOg Memorial - Page 4 Empty Re: Cash Comp 2019-The R0bdOg Memorial

Post by standard-issue Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:01 pm

SI wrote:
    SI wrote:
    SI wrote:
    SI wrote:
    UPDATED thanks ln8

So far we have the following that have committed:

SI
    Krump - received
    Mulvy -received
    critter
    manlybeaver
    Milchy - received
    VK
    MTB - received
    sajjos -received
    Random
    Milf
    Rhino - received 
    Pacey - received
    Bagpipe
    GM - received
    BigKev - received
    AL - receieved
    Soylent -received
    Tragic
    Thickshake - received 
    Fraser
    Bender -received
    THEGAME - received
    RunAndGun - recieved
    DK - received 
    LN8 - received 
    Chicken Attack - received
    Thankyou thus far to the above degenerates  cheer
    Chicken Attack
    Chicken Attack

Post by Chicken Attack Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm

Played NRL SuperCoach back in the day. Never on the NRL site. Also play NBA on sites like fantrax for cash. I won't be terrible at it.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:32 pm

No worries mate, plenty of help on here, just do the complete opposite of what I think is a good idea.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:41 pm

SI wrote:No worries mate, plenty of help on here, just do the complete opposite of what I think is a good idea.

So is that a good idea? Rolling Eyes
    Bagpipe
    Bagpipe

Post by Bagpipe Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:51 pm

Hi guys,

I've just transferred the money. I couldn't help but sit here and wonder what a genuine contributor R0bdOg must have been for this community to still rally around his family by using something he must have been really passionate about. As this is a memorial comp and if it's not too much trouble, may I ask if someone who knew R0bdOg could please fill me in on the kind of person he was just so that I may understand the significance and meaning behind this admirable competition in his memory?

Thanks
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:40 am

Bagpipe wrote:Hi guys,

I've just transferred the money. I couldn't help but sit here and wonder what a genuine contributor R0bdOg must have been for this community to still rally around his family by using something he must have been really passionate about. As this is a memorial comp and if it's not too much trouble, may I ask if someone who knew R0bdOg could please fill me in on the kind of person he was just so that I may understand the significance and meaning behind this admirable competition in his memory?

Thanks

Of course mate  Very Happy   I'm not sure how many met Rob in real life, but potentially some of the Mentors/Legends guys on here had as they have been having annual meet ups for longer than us.  Mad Broncos fan (you'd have to be mad to support that mob!) and very proud Queenslander  cheer

Rob was around the forums and FB pages for as long as I can remember.  I found Sportal (the precursor to Fanatics) in 2011 and he was already posting on there.  A few of the older heads would have interacted with him even longer.  Rob was a reasonably quiet poster, only posted when he had something relevant to say, not the mundane filler that someone like me plies the forum with Embarassed  I don't remember him ever having a run in with anyone; bloke just talked straight Footy and Fantasy.

Rob's team name year in year out was Bani Rubble.  I remember always making a mental note when doing the Leagues set up to ask him where the inspiration for that name came from, haha, but I don't think I ever did.  In 2013 his Bani Rubble's were in the running to win the Dream Team Comp, along with a few other Sportal posters including WL and JStands.  There was over 150,000 DT players that year (before FanHub took over and SC really took off).  They all got destroyed late in the season with injuries and no trades.  Another Sportal and Legends member Daniel Long (Panda, but not the KFP variety) went on to win it that year.

I will get in contact with his family in the coming weeks to ask them if there was something Rob would have liked the donation to go to and will then let everyone know on here  Very Happy
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:44 am

Hi all, I will have code out by tonight.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:06 pm

Paid!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:13 pm

UPDATED cheers Bagpipe and VK.

SI - received
    Krump - received
    Mulvy -received
    critter
    manlybeaver
    Milchy - received
    VK - received
    MTB - received
    sajjos -received
    Random
    Milf
    Rhino - received 
    Pacey - received
    Bagpipe -received
    GM - received
    BigKev - received
    AL - receieved
    Soylent -received
    Tragic
    Thickshake - received 
    Fraser
    Bender -received
    THEGAME - received
    RunAndGun - recieved
    DK - received 
    LN8 - received 

Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:11 pm

Paid!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:22 pm

UPDATED Thankyou Tragic.

SI - received
    Krump - received
    Mulvy -received
    critter
    manlybeaver
    Milchy - received
    VK - received
    MTB - received
    sajjos -received
    Random
    Milf
    Rhino - received 
    Pacey - received
    Bagpipe -received
    GM - received
    BigKev - received
    AL - receieved
    Soylent -received
    Tragic - received
    Thickshake - received 
    Fraser
    Bender -received
    THEGAME - received
    RunAndGun - recieved
    DK - received 
    LN8 - received 
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:34 pm

Sorry I haven't paid up yet but I'll get it in on wednesday.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:52 pm

MilfordTheMagician wrote:Sorry I haven't paid up yet but I'll get it in on wednesday.

No worries Milf.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:57 pm

SI wrote:

Of course mate  Very Happy   I'm not sure how many met Rob in real life, but potentially some of the Mentors/Legends guys on here had as they have been having annual meet ups for longer than us.  Mad Broncos fan (you'd have to be mad to support that mob!) and very proud Queenslander  cheer

Rob was around the forums and FB pages for as long as I can remember.  I found Sportal (the precursor to Fanatics) in 2011 and he was already posting on there.  A few of the older heads would have interacted with him even longer.  Rob was a reasonably quiet poster, only posted when he had something relevant to say, not the mundane filler that someone like me plies the forum with Embarassed  I don't remember him ever having a run in with anyone; bloke just talked straight Footy and Fantasy.

Rob's team name year in year out was Bani Rubble.  I remember always making a mental note when doing the Leagues set up to ask him where the inspiration for that name came from, haha, but I don't think I ever did.  In 2013 his Bani Rubble's were in the running to win the Dream Team Comp, along with a few other Sportal posters including WL and JStands.  There was over 150,000 DT players that year (before FanHub took over and SC really took off).  They all got destroyed late in the season with injuries and no trades.  Another Sportal and Legends member Daniel Long (Panda, but not the KFP variety) went on to win it that year.

I will get in contact with his family in the coming weeks to ask them if there was something Rob would have liked the donation to go to and will then let everyone know on here  Very Happy

Would have to be a play on Michael Bani wouldn't it? Nth Qld Cowboy who wasn't popular with the Cowboys fans as best I remember. Did he play for Broncos too?? Wasn't as in to it back then.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:14 am

MilfordTheMagician wrote:Sorry I haven't paid up yet but I'll get it in on wednesday.

She's right mate, usually takes SI 3 months to pay the winner, get it on tick
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:17 am

Hi all, sorry, I didn't send codes yesterday, will try to get them out in the next few hours.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:30 pm

IN! cheers mate.
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:42 pm

Thanks SI. Have just joined.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:49 pm

Joined. Thanks for organising SI

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:51 pm