NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Rate my Team (Ghost of Laurie Nichols)

No Worries
    No Worries

Rate my Team (Ghost of Laurie Nichols) Empty Rate my Team (Ghost of Laurie Nichols)

Post by No Worries on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:18 am

Running a pretty cookie cutter team at the moment. Have the likes of Hampton sitting in the wings. Other than putting in the populars I haven't put much effort in. Waiting to look at a few trials before I put too much effort in. I think as we get closer more people will make room for Smith or Cook because, you can lose 20 points a week with the C. My pod is running May. The reasoning is a comment made by NRL Physio on players hitting their peak 2nd year back from an ACL. In a team expected to go large he could be a cheap half option that racks up points.  I've got no CTR coverage but could move Lomax and replace a WNG/FB.  Feel like I have too many halves which traditionally aren't great cows.

Smith
    Fifita, Tolman
    Arrow, Murray, Whitehead
    Morgan, May
    Bird, Capewell
    Edwards, Teddy, Lomax

Brailey, Egan, Stimson, Haas

Keighran, Allan, CHT, Brown

$200K in the bank
    Milchy
    Milchy

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017

Rate my Team (Ghost of Laurie Nichols) Empty Re: Rate my Team (Ghost of Laurie Nichols)

Post by Milchy on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:53 am

If you are comfortable with May, then go for it.

Will you run Keighran and CHT, or just dump whoever doesn't get named round 1 for another cow.

For Brailey, which one? - Jayden's good scores last year all came early in the season before Segeyaro signing was confirmed. Late in the season he was sharing minutes a lot and his scores were nothing to get excited about.
    With Blayke possibly going to get named on the bench, do you think Jayden will get enough game time to be worth it? Will Blayke get enough time to be a decent rookie?
    Will you only pick Jayden if the Sharks bench looks promising for him getting big game time?

Personally I don't want to touch raiders forwards at the moment until we know how they'll lineup/rotate, so Whitehead is an unknown.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Rate my Team (Ghost of Laurie Nichols) Empty Re: Rate my Team (Ghost of Laurie Nichols)

Post by No Worries on Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:04 am

You're right I wont be running both Keighan & CHT. Hoping for a rookie CTR to be named. And it's Blayke. I think has more potential for a price rise. I'm 12K short of swapping a Warriors half for Hampton which is what I think I want to do. So Whitehead will probably be the casualty. Just need a 2RF around the $400K mark.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL on Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:18 am

Smith showed last year why he's always a safe pick lol glad I waited on him though. Bargain

Can I ask why you're going with May? Not going to comment because you might know something I don't.

I think Edwards is going to kill it.

Allan got named for the trials.. Not sure what that means
    Verbal Kint
    Verbal Kint

Post by Verbal Kint on Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:19 am

@No Worries wrote:You're right I wont be running both Keighan & CHT. Hoping for a rookie CTR to be named. And it's Blayke. I think has more potential for a price rise. I'm 12K short of swapping a Warriors half for Hampton which is what I think I want to do. So Whitehead will probably be the casualty. Just need a 2RF around the $400K mark.

Aubs

I dont like much at $400k. Very awkward price and it looks to be slim pickings. You have Stimson already. I'd be tempted to do a small reshuffle so you can stretch a bit.

In my numerous drafts, I keep getting stuck with $400k to fill a spot.... it sucks balls. I ended up sticking a rookie there and having some bank (for now!)

Milchy
    Milchy

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017

Post by Milchy on Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:25 am

The obvious place to downgrade would be Fifita or Smith. Understandable that you would want to keep those guys around, but if you want cash to improve elsewhere, that's where to find it.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries on Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:44 am

@Rapture_NRL wrote:Smith showed last year why he's always a safe pick lol glad I waited on him though. Bargain

Can I ask why you're going with May? Not going to comment because you might know something I don't.

I think Edwards is going to kill it.

Allan got named for the trials.. Not sure what that means

As per above. I think he's a pod that will come good this year. Gus has called him out for a big year (bias I know) and he meets the new ACL theroy. I have a reputation of picking shit halves players a year early, so next year could be May's year. What are your thoughts ?
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL on Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:19 pm

@No Worries wrote:

As per above. I think he's a pod that will come good this year. Gus has called him out for a big year (bias I know) and he meets the new ACL theroy. I have a reputation of picking shit halves players a year early, so next year could be May's year. What are your thoughts ?

Yeah but Cleary and Maloney are in the halves, and Jerome Luai has to be ahead of May. Unless you've heard something like he's starting hooker over Egan??

I like May but there's no room for him barring injury

On injury, Cleary sounds like he's going to be fine for round 1, and Maloney was training in December. Only cloud over whether they move Maloney on which I hear could be on the cards
    Random
    Random

Post by Random on Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:10 pm

Wait I am confused re. May. Do you think he really pips Maloney for a starting HLF spot? Best bet is he gets a utility role off the bench and guys like Sezer are cheaper. If you want a cheap option there why not run one of the Warriors/Eels in his place and pick him up mid year if Maloney/Cleary go down?

Starting with Smith, Fifita and Tedesco will be massive as many teams will lack all three as a combination. I have the same 2RF as you so that is great. I am not sold on Brailey making enough points off the bench when there are other 80 minute options.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries on Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:15 pm

May be he does, May be he doesn't. Or May be Maloney is in the shit (quiet rumour doing the rounds out west)
    Verbal Kint
    Verbal Kint

Post by Verbal Kint on Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:19 pm

@No Worries wrote:May be he does, May be he doesn't. Or May be Maloney is in the shit (quiet rumour doing the rounds out west)

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, interesting study
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL on Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:43 pm

@No Worries wrote:May be he does, May be he doesn't. Or May be Maloney is in the shit (quiet rumour doing the rounds out west)

Even then, surely Luai gets the spot
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine on Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:01 am

@No Worries wrote:Running a pretty cookie cutter team at the moment. Have the likes of Hampton sitting in the wings. Other than putting in the populars I haven't put much effort in. Waiting to look at a few trials before I put too much effort in. I think as we get closer more people will make room for Smith or Cook because, you can lose 20 points a week with the C. My pod is running May. The reasoning is a comment made by NRL Physio on players hitting their peak 2nd year back from an ACL. In a team expected to go large he could be a cheap half option that racks up points.  I've got no CTR coverage but could move Lomax and replace a WNG/FB.  Feel like I have too many halves which traditionally aren't great cows.

Smith
    Fifita, Tolman
    Arrow, Murray, Whitehead
    Morgan, May
    Bird, Capewell
    Edwards, Teddy, Lomax

Brailey, Egan, Stimson, Haas

Keighran, Allan, CHT, Brown

$200K in the bank

Love
    Love Love
    Love Love Like