NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 5 Empty Re: Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th

Post by Guest Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:30 pm

Shanbon wrote:@Boozecluez

Are you staying around?

Yeah mate, just going to keep to myself a bit more and my head down haha

Last edited by Boozecluez on Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 5 Empty Re: Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th

Post by Guest Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:33 pm

Trade options V2

Ravalawa out for Xerri is my first trade so have made this regardless

Second trade I am undecided on

A) McCullough out for Tedesco (Xerri plays) 104k remaining
    Gives me points this week with RTS out so can make some inroads into table hopefully, though origin looming, 60 BE

B) Burns out for Wighton (Xerri is 18th man) 22k remaining
    Wighton plays rd 12, priced at 37pts and should average 45-50pts from here (With the odd big game). DPP Half too so could potentially grab Tedesco next week and move him up
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:35 pm

Not a fan of trade no2

trade 1 comes down to points really, will Teddy outscore Macca

You could bank a trade

Post by Guest Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:38 pm

Shanbon wrote:Not a fan of trade no2

trade 1 comes down to points really, will Teddy outscore Macca

You could bank a trade

Well would have to play Sivo and if CNK doesn't play I will have no cover at all
    Had to make a clutch call and went with the plan I have had over the past few weeks and went Tedesco. Looks a fast track out there so reckon he can put some points on them
    Trust your judgement, you know your Raiders and at worst Wighton can come in next week

Means I get a look at CHT tonight to be my 17th man, or stick with Xerri

Burns can always become Lomax next week anyways
    Thanks for your input

Post by Guest Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:12 pm

Round 7 trades 104k remaining

James Tedesco 721k, (predicted 55pts)
    Discounted keeper at WFB, breaks a heap of tackles while scoring plenty of tries.
    Pretty much a must have at some point so nows the time to grab him.

Bronson Xerri 322k, (predicted 40pts)
    Had a big game last week, has huge potential and can see him securing a spot permanently going forward.
    Speed to burn, can bust a tackle and just has that X-factor about him. Low BE and will make cash
    Being a big sharks fan too,would love to cheer him on and these are one of my few heart over head decisions I will make

Last edited by Boozecluez on Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:13 pm

Round 7 team

Cook (C)
    Lawrie Haas
    Arrow Murray Capewell
    Morgan Cartwright
    Bateman Xerri
    Tedesco Ponga CNK

Smith Rein Mahoney Burns*

Nikora
    Harris-Tavita*
    Garner
    Sivo
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:19 am

Solid trades as usual - like removing the weakness at WFB. I know Macca vs Teddy is a wash most weeks but when you consider the trade as Sivo vs your 4th reserve its a clear win. Probably also good for seeing what you want to do with Burns next week.

With a set back 3 and Ctrs are you looking and Burns still being 4 weeks away what are you doing with him. Frees up quite a bit of cash to start chasing upgrades like that 4th hooker for your bench again Smile But at the same time when he comes back 1 guy making cash that plays 12 that is a good cover option for both CTR and WFB is pretty appealing.....

Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:38 pm

While we have fairly different teams I think next week we are both getting to the point of needing to sell some mid cows a little early to get the extra points and upgrades into our 17. For me it’s hooker and 4th 2ndrower for you it looks to be halves and 2nd front rower, all while keeping an eye on byes

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:34 pm

Cap'n Ranta wrote:Solid trades as usual - like removing the weakness at WFB. I know Macca vs Teddy is a wash most weeks but when you consider the trade as Sivo vs your 4th reserve its a clear win. Probably also good for seeing what you want to do with Burns next week.

With a set back 3 and Ctrs are you looking and Burns still being 4 weeks away what are you doing with him. Frees up quite a bit of cash to start chasing upgrades like that 4th hooker for your bench again Smile But at the same time when he comes back 1 guy making cash that plays 12 that is a good cover option for both CTR and WFB is pretty appealing.....

Thanks mate, yeah Rava off the bench was more urgent than Burns otherwise he would have gone this week.
    Will be something I will have to look at after the round and what cash out options there are.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:43 pm

Shanbon wrote:While we have fairly different teams I think next week we are both getting to the point of needing to sell some mid cows a little early to get the extra points and upgrades into our 17. For me it’s hooker and 4th 2ndrower for you it looks to be halves and 2nd front rower, all while keeping an eye on byes

Yeah it is getting close and some are auditioning this week to be traded out depending on how they score.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:37 pm

Trade thoughts going forward

Outs
    CHT can keep scoring ok while Green stays out of the team so is probably good for a few more week
    Cartwright will hopefully keep chugging along for a couple more weeks as well so not urgent for now and will cover 2rf for a bit.
    Capewell will probably need to go soon with Graham probably close to returning, not really needed in CTR and close to maxing out.
    Burns is dead cash sitting on the bench but does have some utility once back (around 3-4 weeks) so will trade if $$$ needed.
    Garner is a watch and wait due to HIA this week, still has a low BE but unsure of role going forward due to this reoccuring and McQueen back and playing 80
    Lawrie is scoring alright, not keeper levels but can bank 40pts for another week or 2. Scores better if playing lock but off bench is still 'ok'

Ins
    Luckily there are a few discounted halves around, obvious ones with good byes like AReynolds but then you have Milford who can go on a scoring run over origin
    Then you have Pearce who has a fantasy pedigree while being dirt cheap and if the Knights find form his scoring will come with it.

McInnes/Farah should be cheaper in a couple weeks though they would be perfect round 13 outs with Rein/Mahoney

Taumalolo/Taupau should be keepers for that round and both should hopefully be cheaper soon

The only must have I feel I am missing is Fifita really, though he will take some Roosters type paper bags to get him in but could be possible.
    Is a must have and needs to come in at some point especially with the Sharks running low on troops. (Could be doable trading a couple mid rangers though like Capewell + Lawrie/Garner)

And then you have players like Kikau/CHN who are very boom bust type players but might be worthwhile riding until rd 12 and trading for rd 13 player..

Hoping for a few cheapie options next week like Flanagan,Lomax,Herbert

Probably a few I missed as it is changing weekly with some guns/mid rangers bleeding cash but the principal is the same by picking up cut priced bargains when I can

Still some games to come and anything can happen
    Will have a look to see whats on offer after lockout

Post by Guest Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:21 am

Round 7 Results

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 5 Round_93
    Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 5 Round_94
    Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 5 Round_96
    Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 5 Round_95
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:41 am

Looking good mate - what are your thoughts for this week?

Having a very quick look if I had to make a call within 1 minute Im thinking ARey for Morgan and then cash out one of Garner/Capewell/Lawrie, positioning yourself for Taupau/Tolo prior to 12.

more interested in your thoughts though mate!

Post by Guest Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:46 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Looking good mate - what are your thoughts for this week?

Having a very quick look if I had to make a call within 1 minute Im thinking ARey for Morgan and then cash out one of Garner/Capewell/Lawrie, positioning yourself for Taupau/Tolo prior to 12.

more interested in your thoughts though mate!

Hey mate, was waiting for team lists to come back to you as had a feeling there could be some changes regarding Lawrie/Garner etc

Lawrie at lock is great which means no changes needed in FRF this week
    Garner off the bench, returning from HIA means unknown role and minutes so looking like a possible trade
    Burns Still looking at another 3 weeks until return minimum
    Capewell Remains on edge so should hopefully get back to 80, possible trade out due to cash dried up unless gets a big score.

Will need to keep one of Garner/Capewell for points as 2rf needed unless one brought in.

Possible trade ins
    Lomax named at centre which is his natural position, bottom priced and goalkicks, dpp ctr/wfb and has a BE of 7
    Deardon Unknown role with Nikorima and what happens with him going forward, bottom price but probably worth waiting a week to get more info and remove the risk
    FlanaganWith SJ out for 4 weeks, he will have a tough game first up with the Storm in an under strength Sharks team. Goal kicks and decent kicking game. Unsure how long he gets

Possible Strategy

This weekGrab Flanagan + Lomax and free up cash for some upgrades over the next 2-3 weeks
    Next week grab Deardon + a gun (Maybe AReynolds)
    Week 3 grab 2 more guns. (Taumalolo + Taupau)
    After round 13 look at Farah/RTS etc

Basically 3 guns + 3 rookies for 6 mid rangers = Capewell/CHT/Cartwright/Garner/Morgan/Lawrie

Will have a look and see how the numbers roughly work out and how the team looks, though feel I am short in FRF/2RF
    This was a quick draft
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:05 pm

I fully expect Lawrie to come off the bench and the Dragons do the same Host/Frizell switch is last week.

Im 60% sure Garner will also start with McQueen going back to the bench.

DCE injury really screwed me (had him from the start but his scoring has been the catalyst to my climb). Think ill have to trade him to the next best non origin Gun which looks like a Smith. DCE will only comeback after Origin is over then

Post by Guest Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:36 pm

Shanbon wrote:I fully expect Lawrie to come off the bench and the Dragons do the same Host/Frizell switch is last week.

Im 60% sure Garner will also start with McQueen going back to the bench.

DCE injury really screwed me (had him from the start but his scoring has been the catalyst to my climb). Think ill have to trade him to the next best non origin Gun which looks like a Smith. DCE will only comeback after Origin is over then

Fair point Shanbon, with Lawrie off the bench at least you are going to get decent PPM with a 40pts + even off the bench.
    Yeah that sucks with DCE, you can always roll the dice on a cheap half for a few weeks while playing Smith perhaps unless you have cover.

Garner is a tricky one, if he starts off the bench then he may not score well and would cop his points straight up for the week. So lets say 30pts for 40mins in MCK role.
    If I don't play him then it would probably be Carty and that is 35-45pts score.
    Even if Garner starts and averages 45 for the next 3 weeks he makes maybe 50k and at his price he really needs to be playing in my 17 each week.
    And Capewell could score similar to him without the risk given Garner plays late in the week.

Burns while I see the appeal of some round 12 points, I think he needs to finally go as not playing, doesn't score points or making money.
    He could be used for looping (after this week) but 200k will be needed to fund upgrades and this is far more important over these 3 weeks.
    To be fair, his cover will probably be rarely used as well and at worst could be a luxury trade back in later.

Will keep Capewell as I at least know what I am getting, and based on scoring history he gives me the better option for points this week.
    It was a one off last week, but 40-45pts will be the go for him

So Burns to Lomax gives me 313k

Garner + 313k = ?      
    Cut price keeper like Crichton or JTrbo? DPP FRF/2RF like Taupau? Mitchell Pearce at 591k? Or go another cow like Flanagan/Deardon/Herbert in that order and possibly double gun next week once dust settles
    Open to suggestions but looking at value propositions and these failhub filters aren't working still and don't help haha
    Also don't want to blow the budget as Farah/Taumalolo/Martin/Reynolds all look like possible upgrade targets soon

Post by Guest Thu May 02, 2019 7:35 pm

Round 8 Trade - 245k remaining

Kyle Flanagan 281k, (predicted 40pts)
    Been following his career through the juniors so now looking forward to see him get a solid block of games to test himself. Scored just under 4o already and a low BE
    Kyle is more of a controlling half and has a decent boot having dominated in u20s
    Think he will go well even in a sharks team missing stars, bias aside.

Angus Crichton 664k, (predicted 55pts)
    Always been on the radar, has a big motor, plays 80mins and can score a try at a discounted price.

Want to free up cash as there are alot of cows and mid rangers peaking and with only 2 trades each week need to have options going forward.
    Want to start making moves on quality non origin discounted bye players soon too Farah,Taumalolo,Reynolds etc over the next few weeks.
    Also still need cash out options and these extra cows gives me a possible cash injection after round 13 if required where i will look at Mcinnes,Harris,RTS,Johnson/Pearce
    Dearden I will look at grabbing next week and want to see him one more week

Last edited by Boozecluez on Mon May 06, 2019 9:03 pm; edited 13 times in total

Post by Guest Thu May 02, 2019 7:44 pm

Round 8 Team

Cook (c)
    Haas Lawrie
    Arrow Murray Crichton
    Morgan Cartwright
    Bateman Nikora
    Tedesco Ponga CNK

Smith Rein Mahoney Capewell

CHT Flanagan Xerri Sivo

Last edited by Boozecluez on Sun May 05, 2019 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Fri May 03, 2019 8:08 pm

Traded Garner and Burns in the end. Due to all the changes of Garner being on bench, starting then on bench again and all the uncertainty that came with it I decided to trade him.
    With Bateman injured as well, might have some forced trades and my team is light in 2rf so one less headache now

Last edited by Boozecluez on Sun May 05, 2019 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Sat May 04, 2019 2:58 pm

Boozecluez wrote:Round 8 Trade - 245k remaining

Kyle Flanagan 281k, (predicted 40pts)
    Been following his career through the juniors so now looking forward to see him get a solid block of games to test himself. Scored just under 4o already and a low BE
    Kyle is more of a controlling half and has a decent boot having dominated in u20s
    Think he will go well even in a sharks team missing stars, bias aside.

Want to free up cash as there are alot of cows and mid rangers peaking and with only 2 trades each week need to have options going forward.
    Want to start making moves on quality non origin discounted first bye players like Farah,Taumalolo,Reynolds etc over the next few weeks.
    Also still need cash out options and these extra cows gives me a possible cash injection after round 13 if required where i will look at Mcinnes,Harris,RTS,Johnson
    Dearden I will look at grabbing next week and want to see him one more week

Downsides this week is a lot of cash is banked but the timing of trade targets means I want to wait another week at least

Mate, keep in mind that Robbie Farah does not play the 1st bye round.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:42 am